Cibo Ristorante Italiano
1227 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cibo Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutstreetsupperclub.com/
- Phone: 2159238208
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Mignona
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining is available on two luxurious mezzanine areas. They are each equipped with televisions that capture the entertainment on the stage below. Banquet menus are available at a number of different price points. The Walnut Street Supper Club specializes in group dinners, and is the perfect choice for a group that wants something unique for their dinner party.
- Private Party Contact: Larice Lima 2159238208
- Entertainment: Live entertainment five nights per week from 5:20- 11:00PM Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday and 6:20 - Midnight Friday and Saturdays. The singers are the wait staff and they range in songs from Judy Garland and Frank Sinatra to Adele and other more modern artists. The core of the music is the Great American Songbook.
- Special Events: Buy your gift certificate now for the holidays and get 20% off.
- Cross Street: 13th Street & Walnut
- Public Transit: •Market-Frankford Line: 15th & Locust Subway-Surface Lines: 15th & Market. Broad St. Subway Line: Walnut and Locust St. Buses: Route C via Broad St. Route 41 & 21 Buses via Walnut St. Route 90 via Locust and Pine St. Regional Rail Lines: R1, R2,R3, R5, R6 and R8 stop at Penn Center at 16th & JFK. PATCO 13th & Locust.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We provide discounted parking at the Parkway garage, located at 1201 Walnut Street. We provide a voucher while dining that reduces the fee to $7 for up to 12 hours. The garage is on the corner of 12th and Walnut Streets. Entrances are located on 12th, Walnut, and Sansom Streets.
A word from Cibo Ristorante Italiano
Continental Italian cuisine with American influence accompanied by a singing staff. The music pays homage to the Great American songbook of the 40's-60's with tribute to broadway hits and modern classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibo Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)good for groups (42)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (16)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Fair at bestSteveDined on 8/31/2014We were here last December when it was still the Walnut St Supper Club... I was not aware when I made this reservation for 8/31/2014 that the ownership of the restaurant had changed & the chef replaced. Upon arriving, we asked about the new menu & were told how fabulous the menu was...we decided on the seafood in marinara.. Pesci de mare I think it was called.... $37....one of the priciest things on the menu which is very similar to Olive Garden! I ate a clam & got a bunch of shell in my mouth ...had to spit it out. The dish did not come with pasted either.... Never had Pesci de mare without coming out on a bed of pasta. Had to order a side of penne for $5. Food is fair, prices high.Oh we'll, live n learn. We will not be returning to Cibo.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was average, at best. My wife special ordered a chicken dish-gluten free (we notified the restaurant ahead of time of the food allergy) and the chicken tasted liked it had just been removed from the freezer and microwaved. If we were not pushed to go to the theatre, we would have sent it back. The quality of the food was a definite step down from the previous owners (Walnut Street Supper Club) at this location. Highly overpriced for the quality of the food and they skimp on the cocktails.
- Pleasant dinner before the theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014The Walnut Supper Club is a neat place. There are certain performance times, and all of the servers have a visit to the mic to sing a tune. This was very cool. The decor is nice. The service was outstanding. I have to say that my meal was not bad, nor was it outstanding. I had angel hair with shrimp and lobster. Seemed like it was missing something....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO LIVE ENTERTAINMENT5xdinerDined on 8/24/2014Food was not hot when it was served. Vegetables were just plain cold, meat was just warm (sauce also). The flavor was very good which is why I would give it one more try. Our waiter must have been new because he never gave us the specials, he didn't give them to the table across from us either. We only know there were specials after we ordered because we heard another waiter give them to his table. And the main complaint we had was we went there because there was suppose to be live entertainment but it never started. The keyboard player came in and sat his things down but never played a single tune. When we asked they said in about 20 minutes but we had our dinner and dessert and coffee and still NEVER a tune. Crème brulee was old.
- Great Spot before the TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Went with a group of friends before our show. The show right at the restaurant was wonderful with a paino player and servers who sang during our dinner! It did not interrupt great service and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good when time is EssentialJDjrDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant was in the middle of the name change so things seemed a little confusing with menu. Also because most patrons were trying to get to a show the service was slow and not attentive which took away from the meal. Maybe they should hire bus boys or food runners.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater dinnerlovetoeatoutDined on 8/20/2014We arrived around 5:30. Had happy hour outside with discounted drinks and half priced appetizers. The calamari was the best I have ever tasted. Dinner was delayed by us because our third person was late. They had no qualms about holding our table all that time. Delicious dinner. The waiters and waitresses who sang were delightful.Special Features:
- stil changingIamatazDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is changing and has a long way to go. The staff was very friendly but service was slow and the food was not great.
- Great for pre-show diningplumbloco77Dined on 8/16/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant. While the food is good, not great, the entertainment was outstanding. It was a perfect warm-up to the theatre. I definitely recommend this restaurant!
- Just fantasticJoeKDined on 8/15/2014Great food and entertainment. Really enjoyed everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceMackieDined on 8/15/2014I had dined here before and had such a great time that I took my mom here before dinner because I knew she would love the 50's and 60's decor. It was really great again. They have just revamped their menu and everything was better than last time. I don't know why this place isn't busier but it was a lovely time and the servers who perform are very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this before a show or just for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- Fun restaurant before a show4boysVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is average and the service is fine but the waiters and waitresses singing is so much fun! We had dinner before a show (which they give you 20% off your Check so that was great). This wait staff were all very talentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!ExGeniusDined on 8/8/2014I took the wife to the Walnut Street Super Club for her birthday, she was thrilled. The food was great and defiantly priced to match the quality (in a good way). The service was also great, very friendly and accommodating. The entertainment may not have been "My thing", but my wife loved it! The African American waiter that sang on Friday night was incredible, I am not a fan of musical ins general, but that guy can belt them out and did a smash up job. I know they just changed owners and are planning a name change, I think that would be a mistake.Special Features:
- Just alrightProDinerouterDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant was kind of cool but the entertainers were way too loud. No way to talk at your table while they were on stage. Thank God they do take breaks after 6-7 perform. Food was average and the MD said they had just been bought by new owners. Out reservation was at 645p and they were already out of several of thesunshinestate dishes on the menu. I would not go back with so many other choices in the city. I went with a group of 5 and nobody said "wow that was good."Special Features:
- Great nightNikkoDined on 8/5/2014Good food, good service, great atmosphere. Per our waitress, they are under new management and will change the name in a few weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-show mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Made reservations before attending play down the street. Kimberly was very welcoming at the door when we arrived setting the tone for the meal ahead. The food quality and presentation were above average, allow sufficient time to dine if on a time frame. (5:30 res left at 7:15 for show)Special Features:
- Good Food, Good SongbarbkcVIPDined on 8/3/2014Very, very good food-finally a Caprese Salad done right. The Supper Club means our wait staff joined the piano player for singing all kinds of songs. We only stayed for two sets, but we really enjoyed it. I didn't come here vith very high expectations, and I more more than pleasantly ssurprised at how great it really was.Special Features:
- Ambience 10, Food 0NJNeilDined on 8/3/2014Walnut Street Supper Club has the makings of a great restaurant, if only the service and food were better. The wait staff all were extremely friendly, but bordering on incompetent. Within 10 minutes, we saw three different members of the wait staff spill something (in two cases, on the floor, in the other case, on a customer). The food was heavy and bordering on inedible: Caesar salad that was overdressed, and two pasta dishes that both were swimming in oil and lacking in seasoning. What a shame -- my friend and I had high hopes, and enjoyed the entertainment, but won't be back.
- WonderfulPatriciaVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a great time. Dinner was excellent, and the entertainment was so much fun. ( Travis was excellent!)Special Features:
- Excellent spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Took my wife for her birthday, great food and entertainment! The wait staff and bartender provide the singing. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TisredDined on 8/1/2014A true classic. Food and service is always wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- talented staffOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2014great music while you eat by your waitstaff. That said, it is hard to have a conversation with your dinner guests while they are singing and their singing the majority of the time.
- LisaDined on 8/1/2014Lots of fun! Great place to bring groups--especially theater buffs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An entertaining eveningDGrabDined on 8/1/2014I found the Walnut Street Supper Club when searching online for restaurants near the Walnut Street Theatre. What a great find! The food an entertainment were good, and the hostess went out of her way to make sure we were happy customers. Wish I'd known earlier about the parking validation at the nearby garage. Next time....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My husband and I love to go to Walnut Street Supper Club before attending a show in Philadelphia. The discounted parking and food are reason enough to go but TE good and entertainment are the icing on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!hgonetVIPDined on 7/18/2014We really enjoyed our night at the Walnut Street Supper Club and can't wait to go back! The talented staff is absolutely amazing! Every one of them are phenominal singers and simultaneously take care of your every need. The delicious food is an added bonus. Nothing like this place in Philadelphia. Loved it!Special Features:
- DinoDined on 7/12/2014Great dining experience. Entertainment provided by the staff was outstanding. Very talented group. Food and drinks were excellent. Will be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique experienceBetsyVIPDined on 7/12/2014The atmosphere is neat and old school in a good way. The seafood cake that I had for an appetizer was so good! The spinach salad my friend had was great also. I chose the lobster ravioli as my entree - I would not recommend it. It was way too rich, without much flavor. My friend had the salmon - it was just ok. Our service was pretty slow, but I didn't mind, since we were so well entertained. The wait staff was very personable also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Entertaining without being shticky or cheesy. Good food, great service!Special Features:
- unexpected pleasuregormetoneDined on 7/10/2014My friend and i had a delicious dinner and pleasant relaxed meal on Thursday, nice to be in the window area and see Walnut street buzzing by, My salmon was cooked to perfection and the waitstaff was also perfect and friendly.I recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great evening!LuvcapemayDined on 6/28/2014Second time at The Supper Club and we will certainly be back. Wonderfully talented wait staff who also did a superb job waiting on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- songgirlVIPDined on 6/27/2014it was a fun place to eat. The service was excellent and the food was great at a great price. would have loved to stay if we weren't going to the theater.Special Features:
- Fun Experience!momofallboyzDined on 6/21/2014Reminiscent of the 1940's. Loved the banquet tables. Takes you back to that golden era. A "must do" experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBeforeTheaterDined on 6/17/2014The food was spectacular. The service was excellent. Even the hostess was the best! Second time there but went on a Tuesday this time so no entertainment. Missed the singing - can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner and a "show"phillyvisitorDined on 6/15/2014The Walnut Street Supper club has great food, but even better than that is the entertainment. During your meal various staff members go up to the stage and perform hits from well known musicals. We were so lucky to get selections from Les Mis, Phantom and Frozen!!! It was a great evening and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff is so friendly AND talented!!Special Features:
- Never disappointsCharDined on 6/14/2014This has become a favorite before the theater restaurant. Food is always well prepared, service is great and the discount for theater goers is a bonus!Special Features:
- WonderfulGloriaNVIPDined on 6/13/2014We were a group of 10 celebrating a college graduation. We were seated immediately in a perfect spot. Among the 10 of us, we each ordered something different and enjoyed it all. The entertainment from the servers was fun, and many were quite talented. The service was friendly and responsive. Everyone was friendly! We will be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyed.KimberlyJaneDined on 6/7/2014Good food. Great service. Highly recommend to all those who love Musicals and great songs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OvernightEatalotDined on 6/6/2014We were pleasantly surprised with this place. With the wait staff singing throughout the evening it makes for a fun time. My only comment or suggestion would be to keep the volume lower as it is hardly possible to have a conversation when they sing.Special Features:
- Walnut Street Supper ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014The service was just great! There's a lot of talent in Phila and i think the Walnut Street Supper Club has found it in these young, talented performers. In addition to the atmosphere and service the food was first rate from the calamari to the homemade pasta.Special Features: