254 Chauncy street
Mansfield, MA 02048Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cibomattocaffe.com/
- Phone: 5083399800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cibo Matto
Inspired Italian cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibo Matto reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (61)special occasion (33)great for outdoor dining (28)great for lunch (24)good for groups (24)notable wine list (17)romantic (17)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A favorite local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Always delicious food beautifully presented. Most recently dined with seven others. Everyone loved their meals. I bring friends often and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality food and drinkromanDined on 8/17/2014little ms guerrini (bartender) is a good reason for us going back to cibo matto. not only is the food fantastic...whatever you want, if they can do it, they will, but having a bartender recall your last visits...priceless! b&wSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and welcomingmfuryhopDined on 8/16/2014came here to meet with friends over dinner before a concert at Xfinity Center and it was great! Staff was friendly and kitchen was accommodating to my pineapple allergy by holding salsa from my dish and mixing a special batch of sangria for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative dishesBorn4Dined on 8/15/2014Creative dishes and fresh ingredients; beet and goat cheese salad; fresh fish; great soups; gingerbread warmed with ice cream; great neighborhood restaurant; for foodies like eating in BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.chefpelonDined on 8/15/2014Me and my children had dinner here. The food was good, but not great. Wings were great. Goat cheese was basic and bread it was served with was bland. Veal marsala was good portion, but lacked flavor and was tough. Pizza was average. Service started slow, but improved. Basic order taking, no upselling.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantJohnVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was very good, nice beer choices on tap, busy place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food Find in ManfieldsJoanDined on 7/25/2014First time visit and they had outstanding food and wine offereings in easy to find local Mansfield location...will defintiely return.Special Features:
- What happened??FoodfinderVIPDined on 7/25/2014Been many times to Cibo's and loved it, but last night was disappointing from the start. We were seated in back corner, fine. However, fruit flies everywhere! Not wanting to ruin the night, we swatted them away before food arrived. Crispy calamari was delicious. But our entrees, which are our regular orders so we know what to expect were disappointing. Chicken parm sat on dried out, hard pasta. Did they cook it an hour ago? The pork chop Milanese has a foul after taste. Perhaps the cutlet was not fresh? The sauce was bland and greasy. The chicken piccata was good. Wine service was slow. We did not stay for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 21, 2014 dinnerSusanDined on 7/20/2014The food was great, but I was not happy that very shortly after receiving our salad our main course came out. After some time while still working on our salads, our waitress came back and suggested she take our main entrees back to keep them warm. I had ordered salmon medium rare. Of course once we were ready for the entrees, my salmon was medium and slightly dried out. The salmon was still delicious, just not cooked to my liking. When I had made my reservations several weeks ago, I was given an option to request anything special. I wrote that we were out celebrating my friend's 60th birthday and a nice cake with a candle would be appreciated at dessert. This was completely ignored. No cake, no candle in the desserts we did order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the pricey side but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious, the menue had alot to choose from. We were there for a special occasion and I would go back for one, but with meals and specials on the pricey side I would not recommend this restaurant for weekly dinner dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Food is consistently good and specials are creative. Like the atmosphere. Easy to get a reservation. Noise level can be high at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSB301960Dined on 7/16/2014We went for dinner before going to the Infinity Center and didn't want to go to a typical chain restaurant and found Cibo Matto through online reviews. We were pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant of this quality in Mansfield. We each had a steak & salad with a bottle of wine. The steak was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife, the salads were good sized, and the wine list impressive. We got a bottle of Sequoia Grove Cabernet Sauvignon, which we hadn't tried before and has now become our favorite wine. We'll definitely go back next time we go to an event nearby.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014The food was great, the service very friendly and accomodating. The outside dining was fun. I have been here several times and am never disappointed. One of my favorites now.Special Features:
- Great casual restaurantJonathanBDined on 7/12/2014We have been back to Cibo several times and always enjoy it. Nice, casual atmosphere with terrific food carefully prepared yet at reasonable prices. It has become the go-to restaurant for us and some of our friends. The food is quite good, nice atmosphere and the service is excellent. Specials tend to be just that----"special"----but items on the regular menu are really good as well. Our favorite server, Jenna, goes above and beyond to make great recommendations and ensures that every meal is exactly what we hoped for.Special Features:
- Nice placeViolaVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been here a few times and always had good food and a good experience.Special Features:
- Great foodRubyDined on 7/9/2014The food was amazing. The location isn't so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecepciónSwenseVIPDined on 7/3/2014Been here before - never will go back. Pork chop had vinegary taste. Tomato sauce was brown. Waitress paid great attention to obvious locals near our table and little attention to others. Did not even ask my wife if something was wrong with pork chop that she left nearly untouched on her plate.
- KathyKathyDined on 6/29/2014As usual the meal and service were great. Mollee is always on spot with getting the reservation and seating us as asked. My parents were with us and they always enjoy going with us to this great local restaurant with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spot!!BeckyPDined on 6/27/2014Had a great dinner with my sister this weekend. Food was stellar an d service just as good. So happy to find such a cute spot in Mansfield!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableshanscatsDined on 6/27/2014Comfortable experience, sat outside. The energy of the restaurant is relaxed, everyone knows everyone kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/24/2014Special was delicious - flounder. Asked for substitute for kale and it was no problem - offered a choice. Friend ordered salad with addition of meat - expected a few slices of beef, but got a small filet and was a perfect meal.Special Features:
- PlumtreePlumtreeDined on 6/24/2014Very accommodating, wife has food allergies, very good and plenty of food, very good service. Would highly recommend restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mdkfDined on 6/21/2014The food was great! The quality of all of the ingredients were top notch. You wouldn't expect a restaurant like this in the suburbs. The fried goat cheese salad was fresh and flavorful. The crab cakes had plenty of crab. The shrimp and scallop dish was well cocked and was well paired with the homemade tortellini and greens. The braised beef special was extremely tender. The waitress kindly split the salads for us and checked on the table regularly.Special Features:
- Good Food, Reasonably PricedYoungCoupleDined on 6/21/2014My Fiancé and I love Italian food and tried Cibo Matto based on favorable reviews. We were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cousins ReunionSandyDined on 6/20/2014We have decided to make our cousins reunion a yearly event. I chose Cibo Matto as I have had previous great times there. My entire party loved the food and we were able to stay and laugh and enjoy each other for a few hours. Great place, great food, wonderful cousins to share it with.Special Features:
- pralixDined on 6/18/2014I great local find. From the salads, to the appetizers, to the entrees the food was fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurant, and I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Really Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/16/2014Went on a Monday night to celebrate our anniversary. Food was excellent, I had rabbit and my wife had duck, both were tasty and well presented. The service was great. It was not crowded on a Monday night, so it was quiet, low noise level. We chose to dine inside rather than outside since it was hot out that night, but we've eaten outside in the past and enjoyed it. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but worth it. I would prefer they did not have so many tables in the place, it can get crowded and noisy on a weekend night, but since we went on a Monday we enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Local fun dinning with good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner! The service was very good and the manager recommended a very interesting ,wine which we really enjoyed! Good local restaurant !people seemed to be having a fun evening .Special Features:
- Good Food, Wine and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014We were a party of 7 and enjoyed our lunch immensely. The food was delicious, the wine list extensive, and our server met our every need. We were not rushed and celebrated in style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hit or missAnnieDined on 6/10/2014The basket of bread was disappointing partly due to the accompanying additions for the dipping oil. A pitifully small amount of parmesan cheese, some salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and a mild herb were offered. Besides a much bigger serving of cheese, some garlic would have been welcome. The herb crusted goat cheese salad was very good, but my pizza was tasteless. My friend's chicken parm was also bland and uninteresting. On the other hand, the veal chop ordered by my husband was beautifully cooked and delicious. No complaints about the service, and the atmosphere was friendly and casual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodChristineab147VIPDined on 6/6/2014Food is excellent. Can't get a bad dish. Service was good, but not great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014My niece recently moved to Mansfield and she raves about Cibo Matto. She kept inviting us and we finally relented. I went there with my family for lunch one day. I was little skeptical because of the location. It's across from a CVS and in a shabby parking lot with a liquor store and yogurt shop. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The food was fantastic. We had 1 person in a party of 8 that didn't like the sauce...he was Irish. Lol. We sampled a number of apps, ordered a few pizzas and dinners. Loved every bite. My only complaint would be cost. I think it's a little pricey for the neighborhood. For those prices, I would expect to be eating in a high end waterfront restaurant or downtown Boston. Would I go back? No.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but can be priceyDinesOutFrequently2014Dined on 5/31/2014A little pricey but consistently good. My husband had the tuna special which was excellent. We think they are getting a bit out of control with the pricing though. This is a neighborhood restaurant. There is nothing special about the atmosphere, no views or anything like that. Having said that, the menu is very good. Talented chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014We had a 7:30 PM reservation on a Friday night and we were seated right at 7:30! The food was great! The service was perfect! Just enough attention without being annoying! She was there when we needed her but she did overdue it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laurclDined on 5/25/2014We had gone years ago and something we couldn't pinpoint kept us from going again. We made reservations with OpenTable and were seated right away, though the place was pretty hopping for a Sunday night. All of our meals were delicious. The chicken came with pasta, but it wasn't clear from the menu. Other entrees told the accompanying sides in the description. I think that is the issue I couldn't figure out. The lack of the little details lead to confusion and our waters weren't filled after being empty and the appetizer plates weren't removed. For the highish price of the meal, for the area, the service didn't match. Lots of effort is put in the kitchen and not in training the staff. That may be what kept us from going back for so long.Special Features:
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014The food is great and the restaurant has a nice interior. The only drawback is that the building is not large which makes the wait for a table challenging.Special Features:
- Saturday NIght Dinner and a ShowSandyDined on 5/17/2014Fantastic. The food was wonderful and our server Nancy was just the best. She was there whenever we needed something and went over and above in making our dining experience at Cibo Matto the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014Cibo Matto is our newest favorite restaurant. The food is inventive and delicious. There is a nice range on the menu for different tastes. The desserts are delicious and the drink menu (cocktails, beers on tap, wine) also has a nice range from reasonably priced to more upscale tastes. It is a great place for date night or to meet up with friends for a drink and dessert. The fact that my husband and I BOTH love this place is a testimony to its wide appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprisePaulDDined on 5/12/2014First time diner but won't be the last. Great menu, great service, great food and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Business entertainmentRoamer99Dined on 5/12/2014Hosted some business associates here. They were impressed with the variety and quality of the food. The service was notable. All things considered, a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.