254 Chauncy street
Mansfield, MA 02048Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cibomattocaffe.com/
- Phone: 5083399800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cibo Matto
Inspired Italian cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibo Matto reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (66)great for outdoor dining (34)good for groups (28)special occasion (25)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (20)hot spot (16)romantic (12)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)Show More
- FabulousDressage23Dined on 10/11/2014We love going to Cibo Matto. The food is always amazing, the ambiance is great and the service is always fabulous. My favorite is the grass fed meatballs, but everything I have tried is just as good! Love it here!Special Features:
- Ciorc4759Dined on 10/11/2014This is a very busy neighborhood spot...in a strip mall with an outside area...The service was wonderful, attentive, knowledgeable and supportive. The food in all our choices was excellent and very tasty... We will go back again... The menu covers all areas and I'm sure you'll find some great dishes or just pizza..Special Features:
- Great optiondeepVIPDined on 10/11/2014Inventive food, great rotating specials, small but great wine list (and amazing italian beer list) make Cibo Matto a fantastic find in Mansfield. My wife and I go now because it is very close to North end on core Italian, but then adds a dimension of fusion for some dishes. We had a spanish charcuterie, and the brick oven shrimp and scallops are amazing (though you need to split it because it is so heavy and get a salad!)Special Features:
- One of the best meals everDaisy1duckDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary and we both loved the food we ordered. I had the chicken parmigiana and my wife had a thin pork tenderloin over risotto with butternut squash. Mine was very flavorful with excellent sauce and fresh pasta and I tasted hers and it was delicious. We also had coffee and a gingerbread dessert which was fantastic so, needless to say we will be back sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Fall MenuDanKDined on 10/10/2014Menu has changed over to fall. Harvest squash soup was very good as was the short rib.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We went for pizza from watching the Phantom Gourmet. Pizza was tasty but too thin for out taste.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I have been to the restaurant previously and had a great meal and service. Tonight, not so much. Not sure if it was because we had a party of 8 but the service was slow, non attentive yet they added 20% automatically to the bill. I'm afraid adding the tip automatically doesn't give any incentive to the waitress to be a good waitress.
- Anniversary CelebrationNanceDined on 9/21/2014We went to Cibo Matto to celebrate our anniversary. We brought our son and his girlfriend, and we were all extremely happy with everything! We had a quail appetizer first, and I had a nice side salad. My husband had a scallop special as his entree. My son had chicken piccata, and his girlfriend had a steak salad. I had the vegetable rissoto and some of their fabulous meatballs. And the bread comes with olive oil and several condiments - course salt and pepper, grated cheese, and crushed red pepper. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.Special Features:
- Amore'Whats4dinnahDined on 9/20/2014Always something fabulous on the specials menu! I've tried something new each time and always left overly satisfied. Great atmosphere, cocktails and service as well.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner for 14Partyof14Dined on 9/20/2014Cibo Matto accommodated our group of 14 people (with a reservation!) on a Saturday night flawlessly. Our table was ready. Our server was friendly and efficient. The food was prepared quickly and deliciously. All agreed it was a great choice of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining for TwojoeandritaDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I love to dine at Cibo Matto. The menu has such a variety of appetizers, entrees( Italian , fish , American ) with a unique touch with each one. It is convenient , great parking , wonderful staff and superb food. I had my favorite appetizer the beet salad. My husband had his favorite antipasto. This visit they separated the items in the antipasto so sharing was easy and you could select the food you wanted. Extensive wine list. I had Veal piccata and the chef was accommodating to me by putting the cooked pasta plain on the side. The seating by the hostess station can make for a bit of noisy dining but we tuned that out fast. The food and staff make for a wonderful evening out and 2 miles from home. Will return once againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!rich77bamaVIPDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful experience while in the Mansfield area. There at lunch and ate at bar. Excellent Italian inspired menu. Staff was cheerful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedInspiredDined on 9/13/2014My first time at Cibo Matto and I was not disappointed. All of the food was amazing. Started with the Pork Quesadilla, then shared the Spaghetti & Meatballs and the Chicken. I wanted to eat all of it, but didn't feel like unbuttoning my pants to fit it all in. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian that steps it upJoeRDined on 9/11/2014Loce Italian and especially when the food quality is so good, like Cibo. Bright and fresh ingredients, flavor intensity, nice wood oven glow and the smells from the open kitchen were a plus. Split the antipasto to begin--assorted meats and cheeses with their crusty bread. Nice. Had the Rigatoni alla Bolognese--unique fennel and sausage twist, very enjoyable. Closed with well done Cappacino. Will come back to dig deeper into the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick outdoor dinner before ConcertthebestestDined on 9/9/2014We stopped by Cibo for a quick dinner before a concert at the Xfinity Center. We sat outdoors next to the indoor / outdoor bar area. The road traffic was loud, but we didn't seem to mind it, I like white noise in the background and I able to hear my dinner partner with ease. Great waiter, great food, which came out quickly.Special Features:
- Nice findMichelleDined on 9/9/2014We made reservations online for dinner before going to a show at the Xfinity Center. My daughter and I both enjoyed our meals very much ( salmon dinner and chicken special) and if we are ever in the area again we will be sure to return. Thank you for a nice surprise!Special Features:
- Anniversary Surprise--thank youNCHRmanVIPDined on 9/8/2014We celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary and the staff went out to their way to make our dining experience special. They had our favorite bottle of wine iced and waiting for us at the table and as always service and the food was awesome. Sabrina was just great!Special Features:
- kyla, fantasticromanDined on 9/7/2014whether bartender kyla knows your name or not, she always remembers your favorite drink or favorite dish. without fail, she always aims to please. whatever you want OFF the menu, she and the cibo matto staff make it happen. EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- Zuzu56Dined on 9/6/2014We had made reservations for dinner thru opentabele. However when we arrived the weren't certain about were to seat us. They put us in a corner near the bathroom. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . My husbands salmon and rissotto he said was good. My veal parm was Horrible. THe tomato sauce tasted like tomato soup. Ther were no spices at all in it. It was Saturday and 90 outside and probably 88 in the restaurant no aiconditioner. All in all it was a horrible expeerience. Would never go Back.
- EnjoyableLulubellDined on 9/6/2014Great food- waitress was great but very slow. When she did show up she was pleasant and helpful. Food was great. We went before the Miranda Lambert concert and would absolutely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I was looking forOmnomnomDined on 9/4/2014We sat outside on the patio and it was perfect. Thought at first the traffic may be loud, but you barely notice it with the radio playing and other customers. The food was so delicious, true Italian comfort food. We started with an app, entrees and of course we couldn't say no to dessert. Our server, Sabrina, was friendly and funny. All courses came out at just the right time and we never felt rushed. Our favorite part had to be the fact they had affogato. Not many places do and when I saw on the menu, knew it was the perfect dessert beverage, with a cannoli too of course. Although it's a drive for us we are already looking forward to going back. It's a great place, you won't be disappointed.... I could eat everything on the menu!Special Features:
- Great!badgb21Dined on 9/4/2014Great staff and atmosphere. Food and drink perfect.Special Features:
- Missed againKPM14VIPDined on 9/3/2014I have been to Cibo three or four times now and it just seems that they miss on something each time. The last two occasion stand out, in particular. Before this last trip, my buddy and I ordered the bolognese and it was uneatable due to the overwhelming taste of fennel. To their credit, Cibo credited the bill and gave a complimentary calamari dish to us but the "damage" was done. This time, we were sitting outside in their very nice outside seating area, beautiful night, too. The waitress was particularly nice, attentive and pleasant and the glass of wine was good. However, then the calamari appetizer came out, it was rubbery. Not good. Too bad. My goat cheese salad was good but, again, the "damage" was done.Special Features:
- DeliciousCherylVIPDined on 8/27/2014What a great restaurant. Can't say enough about the great meals we have @ Cibo Matto.Special Features:
- A favorite local restaurantNonameDined on 8/27/2014Always delicious food beautifully presented. Most recently dined with seven others. Everyone loved their meals. I bring friends often and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality food and drinkromanDined on 8/17/2014little ms guerrini (bartender) is a good reason for us going back to cibo matto. not only is the food fantastic...whatever you want, if they can do it, they will, but having a bartender recall your last visits...priceless! b&wSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and welcomingmfuryhopDined on 8/16/2014came here to meet with friends over dinner before a concert at Xfinity Center and it was great! Staff was friendly and kitchen was accommodating to my pineapple allergy by holding salsa from my dish and mixing a special batch of sangria for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative dishesBorn4Dined on 8/15/2014Creative dishes and fresh ingredients; beet and goat cheese salad; fresh fish; great soups; gingerbread warmed with ice cream; great neighborhood restaurant; for foodies like eating in BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.chefpelonDined on 8/15/2014Me and my children had dinner here. The food was good, but not great. Wings were great. Goat cheese was basic and bread it was served with was bland. Veal marsala was good portion, but lacked flavor and was tough. Pizza was average. Service started slow, but improved. Basic order taking, no upselling.Special Features:
- Great Solo Eating SpotGr82eatVIPDined on 8/11/2014I found this restaurant on Opentable.com and what a find after a full day of business travel. I was greeted warmly upon my arrival and seated promptly. My server was both courteous and patience as I looked over the menu and still needed her help in choosing a great entree. Since it was late I decided to go right to the entree and decided on the trout and pasta over the rack of lamb, which was delicious. I finished my meal with the poppy seed cake and was very satisfied. My entree was a generous portion, enough for me to have another round the very next morning. This restaurant has something for every palate. I doubt that you'd be disappointed with any meal selection.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantJohnVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was very good, nice beer choices on tap, busy place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food Find in ManfieldsJoanDined on 7/25/2014First time visit and they had outstanding food and wine offereings in easy to find local Mansfield location...will defintiely return.Special Features:
- What happened??FoodfinderVIPDined on 7/25/2014Been many times to Cibo's and loved it, but last night was disappointing from the start. We were seated in back corner, fine. However, fruit flies everywhere! Not wanting to ruin the night, we swatted them away before food arrived. Crispy calamari was delicious. But our entrees, which are our regular orders so we know what to expect were disappointing. Chicken parm sat on dried out, hard pasta. Did they cook it an hour ago? The pork chop Milanese has a foul after taste. Perhaps the cutlet was not fresh? The sauce was bland and greasy. The chicken piccata was good. Wine service was slow. We did not stay for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 21, 2014 dinnerSusanDined on 7/20/2014The food was great, but I was not happy that very shortly after receiving our salad our main course came out. After some time while still working on our salads, our waitress came back and suggested she take our main entrees back to keep them warm. I had ordered salmon medium rare. Of course once we were ready for the entrees, my salmon was medium and slightly dried out. The salmon was still delicious, just not cooked to my liking. When I had made my reservations several weeks ago, I was given an option to request anything special. I wrote that we were out celebrating my friend's 60th birthday and a nice cake with a candle would be appreciated at dessert. This was completely ignored. No cake, no candle in the desserts we did order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the pricey side but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious, the menue had alot to choose from. We were there for a special occasion and I would go back for one, but with meals and specials on the pricey side I would not recommend this restaurant for weekly dinner dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Food is consistently good and specials are creative. Like the atmosphere. Easy to get a reservation. Noise level can be high at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSB301960Dined on 7/16/2014We went for dinner before going to the Infinity Center and didn't want to go to a typical chain restaurant and found Cibo Matto through online reviews. We were pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant of this quality in Mansfield. We each had a steak & salad with a bottle of wine. The steak was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife, the salads were good sized, and the wine list impressive. We got a bottle of Sequoia Grove Cabernet Sauvignon, which we hadn't tried before and has now become our favorite wine. We'll definitely go back next time we go to an event nearby.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014The food was great, the service very friendly and accomodating. The outside dining was fun. I have been here several times and am never disappointed. One of my favorites now.Special Features:
- Great casual restaurantJonathanBDined on 7/12/2014We have been back to Cibo several times and always enjoy it. Nice, casual atmosphere with terrific food carefully prepared yet at reasonable prices. It has become the go-to restaurant for us and some of our friends. The food is quite good, nice atmosphere and the service is excellent. Specials tend to be just that----"special"----but items on the regular menu are really good as well. Our favorite server, Jenna, goes above and beyond to make great recommendations and ensures that every meal is exactly what we hoped for.Special Features:
- Nice placeViolaVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been here a few times and always had good food and a good experience.Special Features: