1012 17 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2T 0A5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cibocalgary.com/
- Phone: 4039844755x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Glen Manzer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cibo
Welcome to Cibo. Located in the heart of 17th Avenue SW, we offer the best flavor-driven casual Italian food in Calgary. Join us for a full meal, or stop in for a quick snack and a glass of wine. Either way, we won’t disappoint you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cibo reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (160)fit for foodies (140)neighborhood gem (112)great for lunch (103)great for outdoor dining (93)hot spot (86)special occasion (72)late-night find (42)kid-friendly (40)romantic (37)great for brunch (27)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (19)scenic view (2)Show More
- Cibo is one of my go-to spots!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I've taken people there for lunch, which is really nice and easy with the $15 lunch board selections! Love the appetizers at dinner. I've had dinner salads which are good but too much of the same flavour.... Our last dinner there was great until some exceedingly loud young women sat at a nearby table, making conversation at our table impossible. By then we'd already started our main course so didn't ask to be moved. Saturday night was very much noisier than other times I've been there, so won't go back on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service, very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Bar tenders couldn't find the wine we ordered. Then when they finally found it about 45mins later, the waitress spilled about a quarter of the wine on the table, so we paid for wine that we hardly even got. One guest ordered a pizza and they brought out the wrong kind and had to wait 15mins for the proper one. But yet they didn't even offer something free not even one drink or anything. Our reservation was for 7:45 and we were there until 10:30....that almost 3 hours waiting for service/food. I had pasta and it was very bland. The restaurant was very very loud, had to basically yell to hear each other. and then at the end, I tried to give it one last chance, I asked for a desert menu, they couldn't find one. Overall service was horrible.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Best Italian I've had in ages. So divine. Can't wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeFexarDined on 9/18/2014Took some family here and enjoyed our dinner. The food and ambiance was great, although it always tends to be on the threshold of too noisy. The food is always fantastic, though, and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Bday DinnerCalgaryFoodRocksDined on 9/17/2014We had a big group for my girlfriend's bday dinner and CIBO was the perfect spot to celebrate. It was casual, the food was great, service was friendly and fast. Our waiter Roland was great at choosing items from the menu for us to try and the fantastic food just kept coming. The value was outstanding too. Overall a great night and I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Fun and uniqueJohnnyDined on 9/15/2014I brought a girl here last week and we had a fantastic time. The food was great, and I'll definitely be back. We got to try a few things we've never had before and the server was friendly. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/15/2014Cibo was the perfect spot for our group of 10. They even put us in our own private room without me asking when I made the reservation. The atmosphere was superb. The service was great, the only small hiccup was that she brought dessert menus for all of us and forgot that we had a suprise cake in their kitchen, so I had to remind her in front of the birthday girl. Food was good, but not amazing. Overall we had a great evening and it was perfect for what we were looking for.Special Features:
- You can not go wrongStephTDined on 9/13/2014Words can't even describe how awesome this place was. Everything from the first impression you got from walking in to the meal. Will definitely make the trip from Edmonton to go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!BarbybenderDined on 9/13/2014Cibo was fantastic! Great atmosphere, great menu/food/wine/beverage choices, great service! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone(strangers included)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok foodJaneyDined on 9/12/2014The food was ok . However we had great service the waiter was great very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Cibo deliversGuyHDined on 9/12/2014Each time I visit Cibo it meets or exceeds my expectations. Service is excellent, menu is interesting and great for sharing. Wine list is OK with reasonable 'by the glass' pricing. Overall a good lunchtime spot with a good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ears hurtMickVIPDined on 9/9/2014Upstairs is much too loud for either a business dinner or a date. Acoustic design is terrible. Shouting and leaning over the table to hear what's being said is just stupid!!! Been there 10-12 times. I'm done.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014I ordered the Chitarra and it was just mediocre taste. I only have 2 small scallops, lots of olive, tons of anchovy and capers. I love the ingredients but it was not distributed properly. The anchovies over powered the taste.Special Features:
- One of my favesindecisiveeaterDined on 9/3/2014Cibo's Boar Bacon pizza is one of the best pizzas I've ever had & I would humbly classify myself as a pizza connoisseur. Great environment up or downstairs. You can't beat their price of $5 pizzas at Happy Hour M-F either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okm401Dined on 9/2/2014Food wasn't terrible but it wasn't amazing. My expectations may have been too high but the polenta fries weren't crisp. All the hot appetizers I ordered came warm to cool. The pork ribs were ok but not great. My beet salad was small and not overly fresh. Our waitress was really nice but she seemed busy. She forgot my wine and definitely made up for it by giving me a free glass. There are some way better restaurants in the area. Maybe it was just an off night because I've heard lots of things about Cibo. I won't be rushing back.
- poor service todayMomof2Dined on 9/2/2014Waited 30 mins for our order to be taken despite restaurant being empty, and no check in to even ask what our drink order was going to be. Very different from my last lunch experience here. Food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnereatingyegDined on 8/31/2014Visited on Labour Day with as a group of 5 from Edmonton, and we were treated exceptionally well. Pleasant room, but your focus will be on the plates in front of you. Did the tasting menu; excellent value and diversity of dishes. Come here, have a cocktail, order some wine, get some food. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Too noisyFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Because cibo always has so many group bookings I find the ambiance always suffers because of the loud groups. This time around I was also disappointed in the pizza, very bland. If my last visit happened to be my first, I might not come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Cibo was great. The drinks are probably the least expensive ones I have ever enjoyed on 17th avenue. Our server was friendly and attentive. Definitely worth another visit. My only issue was that it was very loud, it would be great for a group but not so much a business lunch or date unless you dine during non peak times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The lunch trio for $15 was great. Salad, side and main. Great food and value.Special Features:
- Yum.LThompDined on 8/26/2014The food is always delicious. Waitress was excellent and very friendly. That Bruschetta is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a mainstayLadyJVIPDined on 8/25/2014We used to come here often, as it typically can accommodate last minute reservations and is good for larger groups. The food has typically been consistently good, however this time around I was slightly disappointed in our selection. The pizza we had selected was my least favorite of the bunch. It seemed to have been put together last minute with reckless abandon. Too sloppy for my liking and difficult to chew because of the large pieces of prosciutto - perhaps more smaller pieces instead of four large pieces. Charging $3 per bucket for crostinis seems excessive considering there isn't even enough for the selection of scodellinas. The service was very good, other than that not a fantastic experience, but I will return for a redo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnugglehippoDined on 8/23/2014Great place for a group to share a bunch of dishes. Really really good gnocchiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers.Mains were lackingJackieCDined on 8/22/2014The appies were fantastic, especially for our large group. The mains were not so good for half of us. My niece said her pasta had no taste (it didn't). The pappardelle that 2 of us ordered had rubbery lamb and uncooked boar bacon. It's awful to bite into a piece of uncooked bacon fat. Unfortunately it wasn't birthday dinner & I couldn't eat my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Italian!yeejulDined on 8/20/2014As always, Cibo is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always excellent! Both tapas, pasta and pizza.Special Features:
- Fun place!snowcookiesDined on 8/19/2014I usually love the food here. Ordered the linguine, but it was okay. Overkill with the capers. Service was great!Special Features:
- Dinner - groupCaryDined on 8/16/2014Good food, drink and fun. Excellent waitress - Erin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMCanadaVIPDined on 8/15/2014I love the atmosphere in this restaurant. Food is always fresh and tasty. Our server seemed a little too relaxed though. Overall really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotBradleyDDined on 8/15/2014A great place to grab lunch. It was a great experience on the patio. Very quiet, great price and phenomenal food. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodHistoryGirlDined on 8/13/2014Decent food, flavours could be a bit better balanced but overall not bad. The place is a too loud to have any kind of conversation though - there should have been some thought to sound absorbing materials when it was being built.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Loud this timeHLDinYYCDined on 8/12/2014Love the food and the wait staff is fantastic. this time, it was almost impossible to get through the bar crowd to our table. the level of noise was not something I was happy with - would be great on the weekend, but for a quiet dinner with a friend ? Too much noise. My friend and I had to scream at each other to have a conversation. Notably, a) it was a Tuesday night, and b) the dining room wasn't full - open tables all around us and yet we still had to yell. We usually stay for a long time, have some (great) coffee and (yummy) desserts, but this visit was cut short due to noise levelsSpecial Features:
- Great night!RhonaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The service was exceptional and the food delicious. We were disappointed to not be sat on the patio, especially with a reservation made a week before. The energy of the restaurant is vibrant but can get exceedingly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Food was fantastic as was the service and decor but the noise level was so loud that you could not carry on a conversation at your table without shouting at each other. It was as loud as a lively bar which I found too noisy to enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loud dining roomKbotDined on 8/12/2014The food was good, with lots of small plates to choose from for sharing. Our waiter pointed out that they pride themselves on the quality of their food, and it was indeed delicious and well presented. The restaurant itself gets very noisy - especially when the music is turned up so it can be heard over the diners. If you're looking for an intimate meal where you can carry on a conversation, this is probably not the best place to go. But if you enjoy a lively environment and a menu of tasty food that's perfect for sharing, Cibo is a good bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great servive was greatkaneDined on 8/10/2014It was my girlfriends birthday and she had been craving rissotto and asked around where would be a great place for rissotto and her son recommended Cibo's on 17 th, well we were not dissapointed the food was great !! I recommend this restaurant to anybody how likes italian food.Special Features:
- Will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great food and great atmosphere, couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:
- Server and foodGreatDined on 8/7/2014I loved our server. It was my birthday and she was great. She was personable and funny. I liked that she joked around with us. It made the experience way better. The food was also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appiesNewbieDined on 8/5/2014Variety of appetizers made for sharing, endless supply of crustinis was providedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PopularCayCayDined on 8/4/2014Restauarant was busy on a holiday Monday for dinner. Interior was very loud - I had trouble hearing my dining companions, and had to raise my voice for them to hear me. Service was OK - there were times when we were clearly ready for service (i.e. water glasses empty, plates ready to be cleared) and it was several minutes before the waiter returned to attend to us. The chicken I had was lovely, but the panzanella salad was strange - I assumed that there would be enough dressing to add some moisture/ flavour to the bread, but there was almost no dressing, and so all I got was chunks of dry, unseasoned bread in my salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and amazing staffLunianaDined on 8/4/2014I am always blown away by the amazing wait staff at Cibo. They take amazingly good care of you and are genuinely happy to be working and sharing everything with you. As always, dinner was amazing, I completely recommend the risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.