1012 17 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2T 0A5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cibocalgary.com/
- Phone: 4039844755x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Glen Manzer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cibo
Welcome to Cibo. Located in the heart of 17th Avenue SW, we offer the best flavor-driven casual Italian food in Calgary. Join us for a full meal, or stop in for a quick snack and a glass of wine. Either way, we won’t disappoint you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cibo reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (151)fit for foodies (133)neighborhood gem (98)great for lunch (91)hot spot (86)great for outdoor dining (76)special occasion (68)late-night find (42)romantic (40)kid-friendly (37)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (20)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great $15 lunch! Huge Kids PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014Cibo was great. Our waiter was excellent. The kids pizza was massive! I had the boar bacon pizza as part of my $15 lunch combo and it was very good. Tiramisu was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!Live2EatEat2LiveDined on 10/13/2014The food was amazing! Upon arival I was a little underwhelmed. But the service and the food made up for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!NdawsonDined on 10/11/2014Thrilled with the food and service! Great location and lovely ambience. Great wine and beer, but a bit expensive considering only two of our table ordered mains, the rest shared appies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Finding it increasingly hard to have an easy conversation upstairs. I find it's a strain to hear anyone but myself.
- Good TimeDowntownDined on 10/6/2014made reservation here for our family to celebrate our daughters 15 bday and made a request to sit upstairs and also to arrange a surprise desert and both were taken care of. Service was great and food was too good!Special Features:
- Good food. Good companyiwashereDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed a friend's birthday dinner. Server was great at recommending food and choosing between meals. Food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday lunchPiecesVIPDined on 10/5/2014Cibo is always a nice place to go with a big group. We were celebrating a successful day of wedding dress shopping and were able to get in very quickly. The service was great and it's always nice to share a few pizzas and the tasty gnocchi. Only downside was sitting on the main floor back by the washrooms-- the patio and upstairs are much nicer, though I realize it was probably for ease to have us closer to the kitchen on a quiet day.Special Features:
- Seated at separate tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014I had made a reservation to meet a friend for lunch. We arrived about 5 minutes apart from each other, each stated the name the reservation was under and we were each seated on different floors of the restaurant. We waited over half an hour, alone at a table each by ourselves until my friend decided to look upstairs. The food was good but wasting over half an hour was not worth it. I won't be going back again.
- Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Went for brunch last weekend because we didn't want to line up at a more popular spot. Food wasn't good. Got the mushroom frittata which was oily, and portions were small. My girlfriend's hash was poorly composed. Presentation was good though. The coffee was acidic and $3.50! Wouldn't go back for brunch.
- UnderwhelmingBecauseFoodDined on 10/3/2014This was my first visit to Cibo and from things I'd heard my expectations were high. There was nothing wrong with the food/drinks/service but also nothing really exceptional to set them apart from the plethora of other dining options in the area. I didn't leave dissatisfied, but neither did I leave with any reason to ever go back.
- Awesome!food4thoughtDined on 10/3/2014Cibo has a great ambiance. The food and service overall is outstanding! I believe that Cibo is my favourite resturant :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not goodTinaDined on 10/1/2014Waited at least half an hour from sitting down with the menu closed for the server to even acknowledge us. After we got our food, he never came back to check on us and we had empty glasses our whole meal. This is my second time there and I am let down. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphereMissJdawgDined on 9/30/2014I love the look of CIBO. I think that is why I love coming so often. The servers and bartenders are extremely friendly and helpful. I was there the other night with a group of 4 and we asked to move tables after we were seated because we wanted a booth. They immediately checked out if there was a reservation and when there wasn't moved us all there! They have interesting drinks and food and I really like the $5 drinks on Tuesday and the $5 pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonic3DDined on 9/30/2014Very good, though the food was not quite what the menu indicated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSnobbDined on 9/27/2014Good and inexpensive food. A little loud as the tables are very close together. They usually have a good selection of desserts, which is why I go there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite lunch SpotAnnieDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful as always! Disappointed that their 3 course lunch was not available on Saturday and that the dishes could not be divided in the kitchen. The salad we ordered could have easily been divided in the kitchen without losing its appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014seating was prompt, table was nice. The restaurant was very loud, but we made do. they suggest a tapas style meal, which fits with the menu. definitely try the mushroom pizza!Special Features:
- Quick delicious lunchKateGDined on 9/23/2014cibo has mastered the lunch rush! $15 dollars for a well thought out, delicious combo of all of your favs! I had the pleasure of taking my parents and brother here for a quick lunch get together and they were just thrilled. Service was amazing, food (and wine) spot on, they even enjoyed the music playing! Wasn't too loud just vibrant enough to set a fun tone and create a lasting memory (who knew lunch could be fun on a Tuesday)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch specialVeedsDined on 9/22/2014This is the third time I've been in to take advantage of the special and it has been great every time. Unlike some other places that offer "trough deals", Cibo builds to order and offers a decent range of options within the fixed price point. The space is large enough that you can get away from noise if need be and the patio is a really fantastic, intimate spot that makes you forgot a busy thoroughfare is only feet away.Special Features:
- Cibo is one of my go-to spots!anonymousDined on 9/20/2014I've taken people there for lunch, which is really nice and easy with the $15 lunch board selections! Love the appetizers at dinner. I've had dinner salads which are good but too much of the same flavour.... Our last dinner there was great until some exceedingly loud young women sat at a nearby table, making conversation at our table impossible. By then we'd already started our main course so didn't ask to be moved. Saturday night was very much noisier than other times I've been there, so won't go back on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service, very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Bar tenders couldn't find the wine we ordered. Then when they finally found it about 45mins later, the waitress spilled about a quarter of the wine on the table, so we paid for wine that we hardly even got. One guest ordered a pizza and they brought out the wrong kind and had to wait 15mins for the proper one. But yet they didn't even offer something free not even one drink or anything. Our reservation was for 7:45 and we were there until 10:30....that almost 3 hours waiting for service/food. I had pasta and it was very bland. The restaurant was very very loud, had to basically yell to hear each other. and then at the end, I tried to give it one last chance, I asked for a desert menu, they couldn't find one. Overall service was horrible.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Best Italian I've had in ages. So divine. Can't wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeFexarDined on 9/18/2014Took some family here and enjoyed our dinner. The food and ambiance was great, although it always tends to be on the threshold of too noisy. The food is always fantastic, though, and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Bday DinnerCalgaryFoodRocksDined on 9/17/2014We had a big group for my girlfriend's bday dinner and CIBO was the perfect spot to celebrate. It was casual, the food was great, service was friendly and fast. Our waiter Roland was great at choosing items from the menu for us to try and the fantastic food just kept coming. The value was outstanding too. Overall a great night and I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Fun and uniqueJohnnyDined on 9/15/2014I brought a girl here last week and we had a fantastic time. The food was great, and I'll definitely be back. We got to try a few things we've never had before and the server was friendly. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/15/2014Cibo was the perfect spot for our group of 10. They even put us in our own private room without me asking when I made the reservation. The atmosphere was superb. The service was great, the only small hiccup was that she brought dessert menus for all of us and forgot that we had a suprise cake in their kitchen, so I had to remind her in front of the birthday girl. Food was good, but not amazing. Overall we had a great evening and it was perfect for what we were looking for.Special Features:
- You can not go wrongStephTDined on 9/13/2014Words can't even describe how awesome this place was. Everything from the first impression you got from walking in to the meal. Will definitely make the trip from Edmonton to go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!BarbybenderDined on 9/13/2014Cibo was fantastic! Great atmosphere, great menu/food/wine/beverage choices, great service! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone(strangers included)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok foodJaneyDined on 9/12/2014The food was ok . However we had great service the waiter was great very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Cibo deliversGuyHDined on 9/12/2014Each time I visit Cibo it meets or exceeds my expectations. Service is excellent, menu is interesting and great for sharing. Wine list is OK with reasonable 'by the glass' pricing. Overall a good lunchtime spot with a good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ears hurtMickVIPDined on 9/9/2014Upstairs is much too loud for either a business dinner or a date. Acoustic design is terrible. Shouting and leaning over the table to hear what's being said is just stupid!!! Been there 10-12 times. I'm done.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014I ordered the Chitarra and it was just mediocre taste. I only have 2 small scallops, lots of olive, tons of anchovy and capers. I love the ingredients but it was not distributed properly. The anchovies over powered the taste.Special Features:
- One of my favesindecisiveeaterDined on 9/3/2014Cibo's Boar Bacon pizza is one of the best pizzas I've ever had & I would humbly classify myself as a pizza connoisseur. Great environment up or downstairs. You can't beat their price of $5 pizzas at Happy Hour M-F either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okm401Dined on 9/2/2014Food wasn't terrible but it wasn't amazing. My expectations may have been too high but the polenta fries weren't crisp. All the hot appetizers I ordered came warm to cool. The pork ribs were ok but not great. My beet salad was small and not overly fresh. Our waitress was really nice but she seemed busy. She forgot my wine and definitely made up for it by giving me a free glass. There are some way better restaurants in the area. Maybe it was just an off night because I've heard lots of things about Cibo. I won't be rushing back.
- poor service todayMomof2Dined on 9/2/2014Waited 30 mins for our order to be taken despite restaurant being empty, and no check in to even ask what our drink order was going to be. Very different from my last lunch experience here. Food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnereatingyegDined on 8/31/2014Visited on Labour Day with as a group of 5 from Edmonton, and we were treated exceptionally well. Pleasant room, but your focus will be on the plates in front of you. Did the tasting menu; excellent value and diversity of dishes. Come here, have a cocktail, order some wine, get some food. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Too noisyFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Because cibo always has so many group bookings I find the ambiance always suffers because of the loud groups. This time around I was also disappointed in the pizza, very bland. If my last visit happened to be my first, I might not come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Cibo was great. The drinks are probably the least expensive ones I have ever enjoyed on 17th avenue. Our server was friendly and attentive. Definitely worth another visit. My only issue was that it was very loud, it would be great for a group but not so much a business lunch or date unless you dine during non peak times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The lunch trio for $15 was great. Salad, side and main. Great food and value.Special Features:
- Yum.LThompDined on 8/26/2014The food is always delicious. Waitress was excellent and very friendly. That Bruschetta is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.