1012 17 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2T 0A5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cibocalgary.com/
- Phone: 4039844755x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Glen Manzer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cibo
Welcome to Cibo. Located in the heart of 17th Avenue SW, we offer the best flavor-driven casual Italian food in Calgary. Join us for a full meal, or stop in for a quick snack and a glass of wine. Either way, we won’t disappoint you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cibo reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (173)fit for foodies (153)neighborhood gem (117)great for lunch (109)great for outdoor dining (103)hot spot (91)special occasion (80)late-night find (50)kid-friendly (48)romantic (42)great for brunch (35)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (23)scenic view (3)Show More
- Too noisyFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Because cibo always has so many group bookings I find the ambiance always suffers because of the loud groups. This time around I was also disappointed in the pizza, very bland. If my last visit happened to be my first, I might not come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Cibo was great. The drinks are probably the least expensive ones I have ever enjoyed on 17th avenue. Our server was friendly and attentive. Definitely worth another visit. My only issue was that it was very loud, it would be great for a group but not so much a business lunch or date unless you dine during non peak times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The lunch trio for $15 was great. Salad, side and main. Great food and value.Special Features:
- Yum.LThompDined on 8/26/2014The food is always delicious. Waitress was excellent and very friendly. That Bruschetta is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a mainstayLadyJVIPDined on 8/25/2014We used to come here often, as it typically can accommodate last minute reservations and is good for larger groups. The food has typically been consistently good, however this time around I was slightly disappointed in our selection. The pizza we had selected was my least favorite of the bunch. It seemed to have been put together last minute with reckless abandon. Too sloppy for my liking and difficult to chew because of the large pieces of prosciutto - perhaps more smaller pieces instead of four large pieces. Charging $3 per bucket for crostinis seems excessive considering there isn't even enough for the selection of scodellinas. The service was very good, other than that not a fantastic experience, but I will return for a redo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnugglehippoDined on 8/23/2014Great place for a group to share a bunch of dishes. Really really good gnocchiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers.Mains were lackingJackieCDined on 8/22/2014The appies were fantastic, especially for our large group. The mains were not so good for half of us. My niece said her pasta had no taste (it didn't). The pappardelle that 2 of us ordered had rubbery lamb and uncooked boar bacon. It's awful to bite into a piece of uncooked bacon fat. Unfortunately it wasn't birthday dinner & I couldn't eat my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Italian!yeejulDined on 8/20/2014As always, Cibo is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always excellent! Both tapas, pasta and pizza.Special Features:
- Fun place!snowcookiesDined on 8/19/2014I usually love the food here. Ordered the linguine, but it was okay. Overkill with the capers. Service was great!Special Features:
- Dinner - groupCaryDined on 8/16/2014Good food, drink and fun. Excellent waitress - Erin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMCanadaVIPDined on 8/15/2014I love the atmosphere in this restaurant. Food is always fresh and tasty. Our server seemed a little too relaxed though. Overall really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotBradleyDDined on 8/15/2014A great place to grab lunch. It was a great experience on the patio. Very quiet, great price and phenomenal food. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodHistoryGirlDined on 8/13/2014Decent food, flavours could be a bit better balanced but overall not bad. The place is a too loud to have any kind of conversation though - there should have been some thought to sound absorbing materials when it was being built.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Loud this timeHLDinYYCDined on 8/12/2014Love the food and the wait staff is fantastic. this time, it was almost impossible to get through the bar crowd to our table. the level of noise was not something I was happy with - would be great on the weekend, but for a quiet dinner with a friend ? Too much noise. My friend and I had to scream at each other to have a conversation. Notably, a) it was a Tuesday night, and b) the dining room wasn't full - open tables all around us and yet we still had to yell. We usually stay for a long time, have some (great) coffee and (yummy) desserts, but this visit was cut short due to noise levelsSpecial Features:
- Great night!RhonaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The service was exceptional and the food delicious. We were disappointed to not be sat on the patio, especially with a reservation made a week before. The energy of the restaurant is vibrant but can get exceedingly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Food was fantastic as was the service and decor but the noise level was so loud that you could not carry on a conversation at your table without shouting at each other. It was as loud as a lively bar which I found too noisy to enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loud dining roomKbotDined on 8/12/2014The food was good, with lots of small plates to choose from for sharing. Our waiter pointed out that they pride themselves on the quality of their food, and it was indeed delicious and well presented. The restaurant itself gets very noisy - especially when the music is turned up so it can be heard over the diners. If you're looking for an intimate meal where you can carry on a conversation, this is probably not the best place to go. But if you enjoy a lively environment and a menu of tasty food that's perfect for sharing, Cibo is a good bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great servive was greatkaneDined on 8/10/2014It was my girlfriends birthday and she had been craving rissotto and asked around where would be a great place for rissotto and her son recommended Cibo's on 17 th, well we were not dissapointed the food was great !! I recommend this restaurant to anybody how likes italian food.Special Features:
- Will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great food and great atmosphere, couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:
- Server and foodGreatDined on 8/7/2014I loved our server. It was my birthday and she was great. She was personable and funny. I liked that she joked around with us. It made the experience way better. The food was also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appiesNewbieDined on 8/5/2014Variety of appetizers made for sharing, endless supply of crustinis was providedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PopularCayCayDined on 8/4/2014Restauarant was busy on a holiday Monday for dinner. Interior was very loud - I had trouble hearing my dining companions, and had to raise my voice for them to hear me. Service was OK - there were times when we were clearly ready for service (i.e. water glasses empty, plates ready to be cleared) and it was several minutes before the waiter returned to attend to us. The chicken I had was lovely, but the panzanella salad was strange - I assumed that there would be enough dressing to add some moisture/ flavour to the bread, but there was almost no dressing, and so all I got was chunks of dry, unseasoned bread in my salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and amazing staffLunianaDined on 8/4/2014I am always blown away by the amazing wait staff at Cibo. They take amazingly good care of you and are genuinely happy to be working and sharing everything with you. As always, dinner was amazing, I completely recommend the risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend brunchPiecesDined on 8/3/2014I was very pleased with my most recent visit to Cibo. I've been a number of times for dinner inside the restaurant, but this time went for a weekend brunch on the patio. The food was great and the patio is so nice. Hard to believe you're on 17th... It's nice and secluded with a nice garden feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choice ExcellentFabioDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful place to go to. My wife and I absolutely love the food, we will always come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with BFFFredDined on 7/31/2014Had a great night with my BFF - we had some great drinks and lots of yummy appetizers! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Service was fantastic, food was perfect. Love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwoolDined on 7/24/2014Used to love going here but last couple times have been so dissapponting. Our server took down two seperate orders before returning each time 10 min later to say they did not have it. The last time we went our server forgot one of the items we ordered and then was not attentive at all during the time we were there. Horrible service with no compensation which is too bad because the first time I went was great. Probably will never be back!
- Dinner for 2 was perfectSteakloversDined on 7/22/2014Tuesday night was cheap drink night! Who knew?! This was my fourth time at Cibo but this time I took my boyfriend for his birthday. I love Cibo because it's perfect with lots of friends because you can share everything. This time was a bit different with just the two of us but I had him instantly hooked with the lamb meat balls and a variety of other snackables. We finished with gnocchi which is my other fave dish, and his now too. Thank you for another wonderful experience and I can't wait till our next visit.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceMLW08Dined on 7/22/2014Our waiter was the most plesent person we've ever had! The food was spectacular as always... One of our go to places for a quick dinner outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer TreasurehappydinerDined on 7/22/2014Love Cibo! It's our 'go-to' place. Staff is consistently friendly and helpful and the food is always delicious. I love introducing friends and family to Cibo. During the summer, the patio is a lovely place to be! Soak up the sun surrounded by fresh herbs and flowers and happy dining companions. Oh and have a cocktail. They're fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience at Cibo!Dinnersfor2Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I made reservations for an early Saturday evening meal at Cibo, and managed to get a table on their lovely patio. The patio was rustic and well covered by umbrellas with great privacy (but not so much the noise) from the bustle of 17 ave. We were impressed with our service, the food and the price of our meal. We shared an appy, lamb meatballs, highly recommend, and I had the ravioli, which was delicious! My husband enjoyed the pappardelle but thinks the next tme he would opt for a meat dish. We also shared a tiramisu that was light and delicious. All of this and a bottle of wine for just under a hundred dollars impressed us and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Terrible service. Table 8. Maybe the automatic gratuity prompted our server to think things such as clearing plates and offering coffee or dessert were unnecessary.
- YumYummilyScrumptiousDined on 7/18/2014Great food, good wine. Love the scodellina & the spicy meatball pizza was delicioso! Great ambiance as well, since we sat on their patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorashDined on 7/17/2014Very good value for the money. Relaxing and fun atmosphere. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QmanDined on 7/16/2014Had team lunch for 6, service was efficient, portions appropriate. Sat on the beautiful patio and felt like we were in Tuscany! We were done in an hour, even after having desert. An excellent outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was overly oily. Slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014The chef, or chefs, need to cut back on the oil a bit. Though the oil quality was high, there was too much of it. The bottom of the bowl had a small pool of oil left over at the end of the meal. The service was glacial even though the restaurant was about half full. The actual food (notwithstanding the oil) was very well-prepared and seasoned with an expert hand. Because of this, I'd give Cibo 6 out o 10 stars, but it could jump up with just minor changes. So close.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014Just a great place to catch up with a dear friend over wonderful food and great wine. Fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio paradiseVeedsDined on 7/9/2014We felt worlds away from the noise and exhaust fumes of 17th Avenue while dining on the Cibo patio. I had friends in from the coast and they were duly impressed with the environment, food, service and selection. This was my first patio seating there but it was worth the wait and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great attitude and feelpetey22Dined on 7/8/2014This was my second visit to Cibo, again, I was greeted by happy and helpful staff. We were helped promptly with drinks and food orders. food was served quickly. water was filled before our glasses were empty, Its nice not having to flag down busy staff to get water. The food was delicious. however, The pizza I had the first time visiting was so amazing I had a hard time not regretting having pizza again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.