11244 104 Ave
Edmonton, AB T5K2X4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cibobistro.com/
- Phone: (780) 757-2426
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Friday: 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rosario Caputo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Tucked away off 104th Ave in Oliver Village picture a garden side patio, and a Bistro adorned with candle lit tables, modern pieces and finished off with old world touches. The 54 seat modern Italian Bistro is perfect for a romantic night out, an intimate evening with friends or a large gathering of family and co-workers. 5 course tasting menus paired with wine are available with reservation. Private bookings are also available for large corporate functions & private parties.
- Special Events: Special events and dinners are hosted at Cibo Bistro throughout the year. We've been known to bring in wine makers from Italy or host a fun event taking you on a mini trip to Italy for the night. Follow us on twitter @cibobistroedm or like us on Facebook to stay in the know of our upcoming events.
- Cross Street: 104 Ave & 112 Street
- Public Transit: #2, (#112 - #111 weekdays)
One Block walk from Grant Macewan College Bus Hub
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Cibo Bistro is located in Oliver Village which provides a full size FREE public parking lot. Cibo Bistro's front door faces the garden area, so park where ever you like and walk on over.
A word from Cibo Bistro
“Cibo" (pronounced CHEE-bo) means food in Italian, and that’s what this Italian Bistro is all about. We like to keep the menu simple, tasty, and focused, using fresh local ingredients. Cure our own meats, make our own cheese and hand roll our pasta. We try to make almost everything in house with a menu that changes seasonally.Continued
* Due to the popularity of our weekends, parties of 4 or less are requested to limit their stay to 2 hours in courtesy of reservations booked after them, thank you in advance *
* Due to the popularity of our weekends, parties of 4 or less are requested to limit their stay to 2 hours in courtesy of reservations booked after them, thank you in advance *
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cibo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Cibo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (49)romantic (44)notable wine list (40)great for lunch (21)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cannot wait to return!TamzDined on 11/22/2014Thoughtful & sincere service, warm yet modern ambiance & most importantly, spectacular food - every single dish was absolutely delicious. Specifically, we really enjoyed the arancini as one of the many tasty appetizers offered. As a group, we had devoured four different pasta-based dishes and two that stood out were the gnocchi and garganelli verdi. The stinco di agnello must be tried for any lamb enthusiasts - amazing! Looking forward to returning very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!YummyDined on 11/15/2014We met with friends for an 8:15 dinner reservation. Our server was attentive but not intrusive and didn't rush us or become annoyed when we spent more time visiting than looking at our menus! Once we got down to it we ordered some appetizers, which were all delicious...as were all of our main courses and our wine selection. There was no room for dessert, but we lingered until quite late visiting and enjoying ourselves. The atmosphere was great for conversation and catching up with dear friends! We all agreed we would return without hesitation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music was too loud for confortable conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Waitress was helpful and could knowledgeably answer questions about the wine list. Her food recommendations were accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJimKDined on 11/7/2014This was a disappointing experience completely unrelated to the food and service that were excellent. The entire problem is their seating arrangement. The tables are almost all in an open space and placed in such a way that many are literally right next to one another. Thus, there is little to no privacy and you can hear everything the people 3 feet away from you are saying - and they obviously can hear what you are saying. Not sure how things could be rearranged as it is a small venue. But it certainly detracted from our experience.Special Features:
- Nice place to meet and dineArizonaLadyDined on 11/6/2014We were given a private table that was perfect for our meeting with a client over lunch. The lunch menu was great and it was nice that they offered some options to combine salads and soups with the lunch portions. My only complaint is the food was a little salty. Service was excellent. Nice location. Easy, free parking available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, poor foodLolaVIPDined on 11/4/2014I tried this restaurant 2 years ago and didn't like it very much. I decided to give it another shot and I'm sorry to say that the food was not good. The menu is limited but interesting, the restaurant is attractive and the service is good.
- Three years and going strongmugdertzDined on 11/1/2014We discovered Cibo by chance just after they opened three years ago and it quickly became our favorite Edmonton restaurant. The food is consistently excellent, whether it's our favorite starters or a new seasonal entree. Rosario, the chef, keeps the quality of the menu while changing it to fit the time of year and the availability of local ingredients. They have a great wine list too. And the ambience is fun, electric but still quiet enough for a romantic dinner for two. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ityeg4allDined on 10/23/2014The server was super-friendly and were on top of my comments about the occasion and choice of wine. She also made great recommendations. Food was super-tasty and balanced, maybe a bit heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceLanlilVIPDined on 10/21/2014I was extremely impressed once again with the high quality meal here along with excellent wine. I dined at Corso 32 a few nights earlier and the food at Cibo is on par with that of Corso 32. Unique, delicious ingredients, excellent service...it's real italian food, and coming from someone who has italian roots, this is not easy to find. Well done!Special Features:
- robwsgDined on 10/18/2014Amazing food, great service. Had a great time and will definitely go back. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantlauruDined on 10/18/2014the food is incredible.A little pricy but is great for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible FoodDisappointed1Dined on 10/18/2014The food was terrible. Portions were small. The dishes were either too salty, pasta was undercooked or just did not taste good. Even the presentation looked unappealing. It was also an expensive menu on top of all that & they didn't even offer complimentary bread for an Italian restaurant. Do not recommend. So many better options of there.
- Delicious, good atmosphereDiningdeluxeDined on 10/17/2014Great food and ambiance, nice decor. Sat by the door which was a little annoying but otherwise good experience.Special Features:
- romanticcupleDined on 10/16/2014It was a very romantic place for a first time dining experience. I brought my husband for his birthday and he said he wants us to make that our day date spot from now on. We were very happy with the food it was the perfect preportions and the flavors were so complimenting to one another! :) we will definitely be coming back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulAlwaysfairDined on 10/4/2014I have visited Cibo on a few occasions. The service is excellent but the food is even better. Every visit I order something new, and each time was better than the last. My wife and I keep asking ourselves why we don't frequent Cibo more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair to middlingfinefoodloverDined on 10/3/2014I hadn't been here before and found the food was somewhat disappointing. The arancini was good, very tasty, but the pasta was way too salty and chintzy on the meat in the dishes we ordered.Special Features:
- Brilliant serviceTheBeggarDined on 9/27/2014It had been a while since I had had a proper Italian meal so I had forgotten some of the details of courses and ingredients, but our server laid it all out for us very clearly and helped us put together a brilliant four course meal with excellent wine pairings.Special Features:
- Excellent, butkz12Dined on 9/26/2014We found the appetizers to be large, definitely sized for sharing, but overall the food was excellent and we will be returning.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotOscarmanDined on 9/26/2014Had a wonderful, tasty lunch and looked after by a friendly, attentive server. Highlights include the vibrant and flavorful Panzanella (with the addition of heirloom tomatoes) and Arancini (with hot and creamy risotto), the bucatini, and the chocolate hazelnut cake.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodReviewManVIPDined on 9/25/2014I hoped this place would last and it did. The quality seems to have improved since the last time. The ravioli with barolo sauce was very fresh and delicious. The lamb in a moat of polenta was melt off the bone in quality. The chocolate cake was flourless and it wasn't too sweet. It's like Belgian chocolate with some salt. This has turned into one of the best Italian restaurants in Edmonton. Pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Great serviceWynneVIPDined on 9/25/2014A very good menu,not lengthy but a good variety of choices. Waitress was very helpful with choosing as my guest had food restrictions. Excellent mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There you go again, Cibo...TwinTurboDined on 9/24/2014Week day lunch at Cibo has to be the best value in the city for food of this calibre. I love it here because the meals, the service and the ambiance are of consistently high quality. Parking is available too. There is absolutely no downside for me to dining here. Cibo is great!Special Features:
- Good ItalianchilipepperDined on 9/20/2014This was a last minute choice based on what was available, glad we were able to get in. Once the word of mouth gets out on this place I'm sure it will be more difficult. Average wine selection, 3 of us shared the arancini and the house made salumi...both were very good. The bolognese pasta was less than stellar, maybe even below average, but the pappardelle with lamb was good as well as the special ravioli they were featuring. We will most likely try againSpecial Features:
- Anniverrsary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We really enjoyed Cibo Bistro. I was our second time there and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious and very much reminded me of the food we had when we visited Italy last year. The service was great and our wait staff was very knowledgeable and made an excellent wine recommendation. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining on the patio!happydinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Amazing weather for a patio lunch! Excellent service! Limited menu equals top quality fresh food! Great balance of fresh herbs used with in house prepared pasta. High marks for the sandwich and soup. Look forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyHiryDined on 9/13/2014The food is always amazing here. The hard part was choosing what we wanted when everything on the menu sounded great, and we left stuffed. Love the arancini!Special Features:
- 5 stars all the way!GypsyblissDined on 9/5/2014Yet another amazing experience. The food is unique, packed with flavour and always a work of art! Service is impeccable, such knowledgable staff. Would recommend for lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CibodoniDined on 9/4/2014We had a wonderful hostess who offered up a selection of appetizers and main dishes. We sampled a variety. The fish was good but the rib eye was tough and a bit too seasoned. The staff replaced one steak with a pasta dish at a surprising no charge! Great ambiance and staff. May be worth trying again!Special Features:
- A Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The atmosphere was nice, controlled and the noise level was kept to a minimum. We ate the Trio de Bruschetta, the pasta special (that was similar to a butter cream sauce with ravioli, ricotta cheese, lobster pieces and white truffle shavings), the bistecca with a side of kale. The portions were generous and the two of us were very satisfied. The only improvement would be the vegetables, that come with the bistecca, and the side of kale. We noticed that the flavours for both portions of the vegetables were on the extreme side (too salty, and too much lemon on the kale). Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed the place and look forward to another great experience.Special Features:
- visiting edmonton2travelersDined on 8/30/2014Considered one of the top 5 restaurants in Edmonton, Cibo Bistro is a place we would definitely return to for another excellent meal. Wait staff is knowledgeable and pleasant, space is light filled and not over crowded and, best of all, the food is fresh and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wannabe foodieGetawayDined on 8/29/2014Overall the experience was okay. We had the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful meal at another Italian Restaurant downtown and are perhaps a little spoiled. I think the comments about Cibo Bistro that were share by other guests shortly after the restaurant opened are still valid. The service was okay, but not what we were expecting, a little underwhelmed. Chef never once came out of the kitchen doorway to visit with his guests. The waitress explained the menu and briefly the food, but was mostly not around or looking after us. This is not to complain about her as she was polite, just that after the other restaurant we were expecting a little more service as the food was also more costly at Cibo. Overall the experience was okay, just not greatSpecial Features:
- RandyDined on 8/29/2014I had the special of the day, which involved tortellini (if I remember correctly) with scallops and lobster. My only complaint was that the portion was rather small. Regardless, it was delicious. I topped it off with Trio di Bruschetta, and for desert had the Cioccolato. Everything was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- food fit for foodies!fabfoodieDined on 8/26/2014authentic, flavourful, beautifully presented, interesting, combined with impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Our appetizer of Polenta fritta with spicy salami was delicious. The desserts were great too.Special Features:
- foodluverDined on 8/23/2014The food was great especially the steak and potatoes fried in duck fat. The tables are a little small by Edmonton standards. Love that they promote sharing dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Coniglio was excellent. Haven't had any since last time in ItalySpecial Features:
- CIBO Escape ForRomanticsnikosDined on 8/5/2014The halibut was superberb along with the argula. The kale needed seasoning. Portions continue to be small and should include vegetables taking the price into account. The menu appears to be limited but quality remains high.Special Features:
- Three Cheers for Cibo's!KittyhawkDined on 8/5/2014My husband & I went to Cibo's on Tuesday, Aug. 5 as part of our silver anniversary celebration. When I made the reservation, I mentioned that this was our 25th & requested a quiet spot if possible. Cibo's delivered! Not only were we placed in a quiet corner, we were greeted with glasses of Prosecco on the house & treated like VIPs throughout the evening. Nina, our server was amazing - friendly, efficient, & knowledgeable - & Lisa, the manager, was also friendly, chatting a bit after bringing our coffees. And the food! What can I say? Everything was deeeeelish! Cibo's certainly helped us celebrate our milestone anniversary in a most excellent, enjoyable way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Golfer1Dined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed it very much. Our group loved the food quality, variety and plating. Service and atmosphere were very very good. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Well deserved praise!AB1stSommDined on 8/2/2014Went for my wife's birthday dinner. Easy to book with OpenTable. Rosario is a good friend and it's always a pleasure to visit Cibo. We started with a assortment of appetizers from arancini, trio bruschetta, polenta fritta. We then shared some pasta dishes as we all wanted to fully enjoy our main dish. My duck was not only well presented but so tasty (it is always a treat to taste a properly cooked duck). We finished with some delicious zeppole(limoncello and mascarpone doughnuts) and some special cannoli. As per usual the service was great and professional not only at our table but throughout the evening at all tables. Well recommended for any occasions! This reviewer gives Cibo top marks!Special Features: