119 North Michigan Street
South Bend, IN 46601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciaoslounge.com/
- Phone: 5742892426
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ciao's Lounge
Ciao's is here to serve you! Please keep us in mind for your meeting, catering, wedding rehearsal and reception, bakery and dining needs!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ciao's Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Always goodEatoutDined on 12/13/2013Excellent meal and service. Love the vegetable ravioli. Very personable service. Kids loved their meals. Very good selection of desserts and just the size after great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceHappycustomerVIPDined on 11/29/2013Had a birthday dinner for my mother and she loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and delicious!luvdatfoodDined on 11/8/2013A very lovely evening! The service was prompt and the ambiance stunning! I would highly recommend the quail ttortellini! The pasteries were melt in your mouth surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainJohnDined on 11/1/2013Ciao's Lounge is a perfect downtown South Bend setting for a memorable dinner. Everything is top notch...and reasonable priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant atmosphere whereChrisDined on 10/4/2013Pleasant atmosphere where you are not rushed. Food is always freshly prepared and accommodations are readily made. We like to stop in every time we visit SB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMrStahlDined on 9/28/2013This was my first time at Ciao's Lounge. I would defiantly recommend it to all my friends. The food, service, and atmosphere was fantastic! I took my girlfriend for our anniversary and she loved it. The waitress was a big help. I will defiantly be coming back. I would also recommend the Chicken Parmesan. It was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotGaryVIPDined on 9/27/2013This was a great find! Really awesome food. Excellent Italian and great innovative menu. The pheasant ravioli - WOW! Everything really tops!Special Features:
- Football Weekend, took ForeverNDdinerDined on 9/27/2013We chose Ciao's for a Friday night dinner on a football weekend. Made a 7:30 reservation so that we could get our college students back to campus. The restaurant is in the middle of a block with numerous restaurants. The decor is very nice, people were friendly, when we saw them. Our entrees were served at 9:45, which is interesting because when we arrived the restaurant was not very full, when we left it was packed. Not sure why so slow on a very predictably full evening. At times, we did not see our server for 30 minutes at a time. The food quality was good, management did apologize and compted dessert, but just could not get over the service issue.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013From rack of lamb to linguine with Manila clams to fabulous pastry, this place does it right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian in South Bend!BigDogVIPDined on 7/5/2013Excellent traditional home-cooked Italian food with excellent service. Great pianist as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findEatoutDined on 7/3/2013First time we have eaten here. We will be back. Excellent food, even the kids finished their plates. The vegetable ravioli was great, definite will get that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family ate at Ciao's onliamokDined on 6/29/2013My family ate at Ciao's on my birthday in late June. We were offered some very tasty bruschetta, along with bread, dipping oil and olive salad. The dipping oil was scant, I should have asked for more, and the olive salad was vinegary for my taste. I found the menu comprehensive, but my wife would have liked more seafood options. We chose the puttanesca, the mussels and the rib eye. Our toddler couldn't find anything she liked, so the staff invented a dish for her: a luxurious, delicious "macaroni and cheese." My Caesar salad was conventional, the dressing just right. The Puttanesca was all I hoped it would be, and the Sangiovese worked well with it. The rib eye was great. The downside: not enough selection for wine by the glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Italian restaurantSerendipity472Dined on 6/28/2013The food is superb. The owner created a special menu for Restaurant week and it was out of this world. I had the tuna with a peppermint coated crust, basil topped rice and sautéed vegetables. Anyone can sauté vegetables but the flavors in these were wonderful. My husband and a friend had Adele's prize winning stuffed pork. Her cookies and desserts are delicious, particularly the biscotti, which we buy in quantity to take with us. She makes them all herself. We eat at Ciao's whenever we are in town. The restaurant is beautifully decorated as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysUnagiManDined on 6/8/2013The pheasant tortelli are spectacular, and everything else is very tasty as well. The waitstaff and the owner are extremely friendly, but not overbearing. Go eat there, you will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Perfection!n4thelongrunDined on 5/31/2013Wow. This food was to die for, and our waitress was awesome! We had a reservation for 730 but we were early and got right in and sat in the bar! The atmosphere was a little quieter than im used to but the decor was very unique and classy! Make sure to ask about dessert those pastries are oh so good!! We will definitely make a trip back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !tmoreauDined on 5/31/2013The ambience, service and food were wonderful. The homemade artichoke ravioli with leek cream sauce was delicious beyond words, and the lasagna bolonese was better than anywhere else....and the dolci were also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soElkjosh1231Dined on 5/19/2013I was expecting more. I have to say I had a nice meal, but the other people at my tables meals were generic Italian. I had the pheasant tortellini with a mushroom sauce. The waitress seemed completely rushed and they were not very busy at the time. We probably would have ordered up to three bottles of wine had she paid more attention. I wouldn't say it was horrible, but nothing really excited myself or my friends and family to return. Perfect location for dining before a show at the Morris
- Within walking distance toTheatreWarsawviewDined on 5/18/2013Food was good, lot of people providing table service and support. Did not realize that it was ND graduation weekend, So the restaurant had a limited menu different from their posted menu. Great desserts just the right amount.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian!LoraDined on 5/11/2013The food is, in large part, homemade, and authentic Italian. The desserts are to die for. Our server was well versed in ingredients and how dishes were prepared, which helped my guest with food allergies. The amenities need to be improved to match the food. Service is a bit slow, but for a leisurely night, it is comfortable. This is also a popular pre-theater spot, so if you're dining, but not attending the theater, service may be a bit slower. However, as a good restaurant should, our server recognized our wait, and comp'd us dessert. The wine list is small and unimaginative. The decor doesn't really match an Italian restaurant, but maybe changes are planned for the future. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciao's was very nice was aFriedaDined on 5/11/2013Ciao's was very nice was a great start to the evening and was close to the Morris performing art's ctr where we were to end up great food reasonable or market prices server's were very good I look forward to do it again.Special Features:
- Fine DineflygirlDined on 5/11/2013Once again, pasta was superb. Served steaming hot. The restaurant was uncomfortably cold Saturday night. It was unusually cold outside, but we were not seated anywhere near the doorway. Service was great until time to pay the bill. Our server got busy & we waited for bill to arrive. Jen was otherwise very good.Special Features:
- Food was good. We receivedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2013Food was good. We received complimentary bruschetta which was very good. We enjoyed our visit.Special Features:
- Visited Ciao for the EasterLoraDined on 3/31/2013Visited Ciao for the Easter brunch. Food was delicious and abundant. Carved prime rib and ham, about 5 different pastas (my favorite : asparagus ravioli), waffles, omelet station, breakfast meats, fresh fruit, mini bite desserts, homemade breads and more. Included mimosas or Italian champagne. Price was very reasonable for upscale all-you-could-eat-and-drink, so found it a bit odd that coffee and soft drinks were extra. Service started out pretty well, but was not good as the meal went on, despite (or perhaps as a result of) the 18% gratuity that was included in the bill. The space is fairly new and isn't very Mediterranean, nor was music. To match the food, service/decor/music need work, but I'd go again for food today!Special Features:
- I attended brunch on EasterMJK1Dined on 3/31/2013I attended brunch on Easter Sunday at 11:00am. It appeared that the structure/flow had not been planned out as most tables sat waiting not knowing if they should go help themselves or wait to be dismissed. After hearing another table ask if they could help themselves we decided to do the same. I was given a drink upon arriving, however, was never offered another drink despite the fact that I finished my first drink before eating. Water was continuously replenished by a gentleman. The buffet also appeared to run out of bacon and sausage for a period before being able to replenish it. Food quality was fair but not any better than houlihan's or granite city, who are also much cheaper. Assuming this is first attempt I'm sure it will improve.Special Features:
- Maybe bad day?!?bekrierVIPDined on 3/31/2013I made reservations at Ciao for Easter brunch and can say my husband and I were highly disappointed in the food quality and overall experience. The mimosas were good and served in a timely manner, but we had to wait nearly 30 minutes for any food to be served and really struggled to find anything on the brunch buffet we even liked. Maybe they are more "on" when not a special occasion, but my husband and I will not be returning to find out.
- Great Find in Downtown South BendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We loved Ciao's new downtown location. The space was modern and very well done, attractively lit, with Frank Sinatra playing softly in the background. I had the wild boar with blueberries and my wife enjoyed the lamb shank. Both were off the specials menu, and both were excellent. Our kids split the pheasant tortelli, which was a big hit. The wine list included quite a few bottles that were out of our range, but the cabernet and the chianti they served by the glass were both very good. Ask the server for the current selection of wines by the glass, as they change periodically.Special Features:
- So glad Ciao's is back inBAJ0602VIPDined on 3/8/2013So glad Ciao's is back in South Bend, I love this restaurant and have missed it. This place NEVER disapoints - and let Angelo pick the wine for you - it's always perfect.
- good Italian fare, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013good Italian fare, delicious desserts, longstanding local favorite in new locationSpecial Features:
- Adelle and Angelo have doneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Adelle and Angelo have done a great job with their new restaurant location. Adelle Ciao has been in the South Bend area for years and now with this new location...is better than ever. Very elegant, ambiance is marvelous but not stuffy. Service is impeccable and the food mmmmmmmmmmmwah.Special Features:
- Will definitely be back!MikeVIPDined on 2/23/2013First visit, but will not be the last! Food was incredible and the staff was friendly and accomodating. The restaurant looks great and the dishes were outstanding. The wine selection was good and we will definitely be back to try other dishes. This is a great addition to the downtown area.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2013Disappointing Expected to find good food, but instead discovered overpriced bland food. I ordered Osso Bucco with side of saffron risotto, and received bland overcooked Osso Bucco with rice pilaf . Rice Pilaf is NOT Rissotto. Any good Itialian restaurant would know this. Also ordered a antipasto platter that had cured meats and cubes of non Italian cheeses that resembled tailgating fare from local supermarket . Good ideas but poor execution.
- Elegant dining in a comfortablenotapickyeaterDined on 2/22/2013Elegant dining in a comfortable atmosphere. I found the food to be wonderful, but expensive (e.g. 6 Vegetable Ravioli for $20). However, the pasta is handmade and perhaps the best in town. The lounge/bar is open concept and was very busy the night I dined. Unfortunately, the noise from the bar drifts to the back of the restaurant (dining area) and it was difficult to carry on a converation at normal voice level in a group. The deserts lack variety; all were cream-pastry based. I would've like to have had more options for desert (e.g. fruit compote, gelato) If you are looking for a straight-forward pasta like Penne, Rigatoni, Farfalle, don't dine here. However, if you like something off the beaten-path, you will love Caio's.Special Features:
- It was our first visit toBluesmoodsDined on 2/22/2013It was our first visit to Ciao's and we will definitely be back. The food was outstanding, the service was friendly and prompt, and the atmosphere welcoming. Very close to the Morris Civic Auditorium, so a wonderful pre-show dinner site. Highly recommended based on our experience (and our dining standards are quite high)!Special Features:
- Overall this is a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Overall this is a very good restaurant, with a unique selection of entrees (including Pheasant ravioli, asparagus tortellini, etc), nice wine selection, pleasant atmosphere and good service. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Lovely place for a date nightBookherderDined on 2/14/2013I was really impressed with Ciao's. The staff was very personable, the ambiance was perfect - romantic but very comfortable. A week before I went to Cafe Navarre and was so disappointed with their Osso Buco and the Chocolate cake - both so generic. I had the asparagus ravioli (?) at Ciao's, and it was just wonderful. Delightful wine selection. So far, my favorite place for a date night in South Bend.Special Features:
- Best you're going to get in SB.ISaacDined on 2/14/2013Well, the title says it all. This is the best upscale Italian food you are going to find in South Bend. That's not saying it's the best Italian food you are ever going to eat. I've eaten there several times, and while I find it perfectly acceptable, but it's never blown my mind. It's certainly over-priced, but your options in SB are so limited that you don't care much. One thing that was a little sad, was that when I took my wife here on Valentines day, there were only about 3 or 4 other couples in there. It felt really sad to us, since the place is so big. They really tried to make it seem romantic (they gave her a rose), but it just wasn't. We left feeling a bit weird and not at all in the Valentine's spirit. :(
- Our meals were fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Our meals were fantastic. The wait-staff was very attentive. It was a very nice relaxing evening and it was pleasant change to not feel rushed in anyway.Special Features:
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Wow! Gorgeous atmosphere, fabulous food, super friendly staff, and they gave us a bunch of free freshly baked cookies! How can you beat that? It also wasn't super-expensive!Special Features:
- Great Food in new LocationSBDiner12Dined on 11/29/2012Excellent meal comparable to more expensive restaurants in town. Not your typical Italian dishes, all handmade pastas with unique sauces and flavors. I have eaten at their new location twice and been amazed both times.Special Features: