Ciao! - Sylvania
6064 Monroe Street
Sylvania, OH 43560Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ciao! - Sylvania
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ciaorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4198826014
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ciao! - Sylvania
Ciao is a fragrant, informal & full of character Italian Restaurant. Traditional entrees from every part of Italy are featured, from the spicy red sauces of the south to the aromatic grilled dishes of Tuscany. click here for information on special events and promotions http://www.ciaorestaurant.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ciao! - Sylvania - Best Restaurants in Sylvania ›
Ciao! - Sylvania reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (36)fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (18)notable wine list (10)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Everything is always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The only complaint I had was a table with kids that were rowdy and even chased each other around the table after dinner. I wish someone from the waitstaff had asked the parent and grandparents nicely to have the kids calm down. We were out for a nice dinner and that was the only part that took away from an otherwise enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the fishHelenVIPDined on 9/14/2014Thank you for a good meal. I have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Reservations go to the bar?wheygood4377Dined on 9/13/2014I had made reservations for my wife and I's wedding anniversary, over 30 hours in advance. And when we were seated, I guess the only seats that were available was in the bar section. Not sure what happened there. And we had to get our table leveled, because I suppose the waitress didn't notice our table was wobbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodTearBearDined on 9/8/2014The food was good but it took an hr. to get our order because the kitchen was backed up.Special Features:
- CocoDined on 8/27/2014The food was delicious , but the highlight of the evening was the wonderful service our wait person provided. She was perhaps the best waitress I have ever had, and trust me, at 69 years old, I have had many many servers. The only negative comment I have is the noise level on the patio from the passing cars. It was lovely outside, however Monroe street traffic was bothersome at times when talking. Too bad the patio wasn't built at the back of the building. That said, it was otherwise a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Dinner special OccasionOddCoupleDined on 8/26/2014The Service was exceptional with the next course arriving just in time. Waitress was very helpful with suggestions. The food was excellent, hot, and the portions were ample. The prices were high but it was worth every penny for a special night. Everyone at the restaurant was very friendly. We will be back for dinner and maybe a lunch or two.Special Features:
- Great patio diningJackieg303VIPDined on 8/20/2014We had a beautiful night on the patio under the trellis near the fireplace. Our server was attentive and welcoming, the food was very good with fresh salad, great gazpacho and tender parmigiana.Special Features:
- Great food and service!birthdaygirlDined on 8/18/2014If you are looking for a quiet meal, then eat inside. Restaurant is located right next to expressway, but it was a nice evening, so opted to eat in their outdoor patio. The waitress was real attentative to our needs. The manager or manager trainee helped us out in that I forgot my wallet, so I didn't have my driver's license to get the birthday discount. She said we could use my car registration instead, although my husband could not find it so he drove home to get my wallet - we live nearby. I had the mushroom ravioli which was the best I ever had! Will be going back soon!Special Features:
- Swordfish was deliciousHelenVIPDined on 8/6/2014I loved the special! It was amazing. Eating on the patio was nice as well. Thank you!Special Features:
- foodtravelerDined on 8/6/2014Overall, We were pleased with our experience at Ciao; however, the kitchen seem a bit slow on getting our food; however, it came out hot, so no quarrels there.Special Features:
- BirthdayEehiggiDined on 8/1/2014Their birthday discount is amazing, and their food is just... Wow. It was the best meal I've ever had. Their tablet menus have a wine suggestion app built in, and when I tasted the Chardonnay I chose with my salmon with ravioli, I almost died from the flavor combo. Amazing atmosphere, wonderful service, very personable staff. 10/10 would go every day if I could!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TammybrianDined on 7/29/2014Has been our favorite place for 17 years!! We are never disappointed and always love the ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Excellent server and food was terrific. Great evening.Special Features:
- birthday dinnercbg1Dined on 7/20/2014What a great night for my dad's 81 birthday. Dinner was fabulous. Our server Melissa was so on. My only small complaint was that the vegetables were very under cooked. The manager was very pleasant when addressing the issue. Overall a perfect meal, but be sure to bring an empty stomach and a full wallet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner & ServicejfjrDined on 7/19/2014Had a great dinner as always. Food was very good and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice job, Ciao!IluvfoodDined on 7/18/2014Great food and service. No complaints. The patio was just what we needed for a lovely night out in Toledo.Special Features:
- Great service & delicious foodSharonDined on 7/14/2014Always impressed with Ciao every time I go there - it's not on my radar as I don't travel by it, and it's not near other dining venues, but when I go, I am always glad I did. Going again tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food and service were top notch. It is exactly what we go back for every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditionally in our Top 5TimBDined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed Ciao for many years. Mainstay for family, friend and business. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful menu, great serviceMarkDined on 7/1/2014The chef keeps things interesting with daily specials which add to the otherwise excellent menu. Top notch service. Great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeatDined on 6/26/2014The food was fine the service was terrible. The server seemed to never be around and less then familiar with the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mainstay of Toledo AreaBigfish1956Dined on 6/26/2014Continues to offer the area good Italian food and excellent service. The size and noise factors will be a bother to some people but in a traditional Italian meal environment you can expect those issuesSpecial Features:
- OKCascoreyDined on 6/25/2014Ciao was just an "OK" place to eat. Wine list was simple, food prices were reasonable for the quality of food.
- I'm a regularHelenVIPDined on 6/14/2014Love this place! It's our "go to" restaurant. We always get the fish special, and we eat on the patio or in the bar.
- Nice evening at Ciao!PJ65Dined on 6/13/2014We went to Ciao! for our 27th wedding anniversary because we had gift certificates given to us for Mainstreet Ventures. Even though being in a busy street location, they've managed to make it private enough and cozy. We wanted to eat on the cute terrace, but it seemed a bit too windy. Our server was very nice and brought us anything extra that we asked for...bread, cheese, etc. The only thing that I was a little disappointed with was the food that we had...I didn't think that it was exceptional...good, but not exceptional. I felt like the pasta that I had is something that I could make at home. I was impressed that their olive oil is infused with their own herbs that they grow outside...that's a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishJeanDined on 6/12/2014the white fish we had was very fresh and prepared just rightSpecial Features:
- deliciousSlewisDined on 6/7/2014I had one of the best fillets I have had in a long time! Served with broccolini and over a grilled portobello mushroom! Crazy good!Special Features:
- Always dependable to be outstandingspecialmomentsDined on 6/5/2014Best to have a reservation. Our table was waiting. The restaurant was full. The service was very attentive. The menu has terrific choices. The calimari is always outstanding.Special Features:
- very accommodatingEllenDined on 6/4/2014They were very accommodating about our seafood allergy. And, when one of our party didn't care for her selection, they offered her another entree and were very kind about it. Good job, Brenda!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealMeeshigun1Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I had not been to Ciao in a while.I usually get the linguine and it was great as usual.My wife got salmon and we had the calamari as an appetizer.I love the food at this restaurant and have always been very satisfied with my experience at Ciao. I have recommended it to all my friends. I will say that it has a special spot in my heart because of the salad that is available. I don't think it is on the menu anymore , but if you ask for the Pommodoro salad they will make it for you. It's cherry tomatoes, onions, mozzarella, and parsley with a vinegar dressing. And it tastes exactly like the one my Mother made. She was full blooded Sicilian and she would make it in the summer.Special Features:
- The following 420 reviews are from the Ciao! - Sylvania reviews archive.
- GaryDined on 5/17/2014Thank you for making it a wonderful evening. GarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LschafsDined on 5/11/2014Got in on Mother's Day for a great meal. Having been in Italy, all Italian food is compared and the meal was really quite close. Just disappointed that the salads were changed, but the salad I chose was very very good.Special Features:
- SoupSaturdayNite3Dined on 5/10/2014We always enjoy Cioa, but were disappointed when the only soup offered was Gazpacho. Ciao was on time with our reservation and honored our request for a booth.Special Features:
- Just above averageJulesgirlVIPDined on 5/9/2014Wanted a place close to our hotel for a little dinner and wine so here we are. Greeted warmly and taken straight to booth. So far so good. Tablet menus are gimmicky and a lot of extra work. My ipad and iPhone are a part of my life so it's not the techno just the concept. Service was stiff and slow-several times we could see our items waiting to be delivered while we idled. Beyond frustrating when a regular was seated behind us and had an army of servers in attendance and still we waited....Crostini appetizer was good but $9 for 3 tiny pieces-yikes! Walleye special was good but again portion didn't match price. Wouldn't be a repeat even if we lived closerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day 2014OurFavoriteDined on 5/9/2014Excellent entry selections - well prepared with a wide selection. Outstanding service from a helpful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulmamalindaDined on 5/1/2014Took my 31 year old daughter there for her birthday. Food was excellent and service was very good. Had a very friendly server, who also was very good explaining specials. We had a wonderful time and would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy birthdayFoodIlike2eatDined on 4/26/2014Thank you ciao for providing me with a wonderful birthday dinner. Amy our server was very knowledgable about chef's features for the evening and provided excellent service to our table. My dinner companions had never dined anywhere with the touch screen menus and enjoyed reading and seeing all of the details about each dish. The food was very good including our calamari and pasta dishes, but I did notice a hint of "fishy ness"smell about my salad with the creamy Parmesan dressing when it first arrived. Not sure what that could be from, but it tasted very good. Overall we enjoyed ourselves tremendously and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- DeliciousHelenVIPDined on 4/22/2014I always love going to Ciao. It is delicious and I can always find something healthy to eat.Special Features:
- Consistently great food & service.MarkDined on 4/15/2014We go to Ciao for birthdays and other special family events - maybe 8-10 times a year. Every time I've eaten there, the food and service has been consistently very good. Wonderful menu and the chef's specials are always, well, special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysDaveVIPDined on 4/14/2014Had a great dinner and my wife enjoyed a free dinner for her birthday.Special Features: