Ciao Vino Italian Kitchen
121 Mill St. Suite 130
Gahanna, OH 43230Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ciao Vino Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thewineguywineshop.com/ciao_vino.htm
- Phone: 6145325470x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ciao Vino Italian Kitchen
In the 1980s I was part of a family that came over from Faggia Italy in 1930. The experience showed me the simplicity of good food and importance of sharing the simple joy of fresh ingredients with those you love. A family tradition I still practice today is gathering with friends to have pasta every Sunday. An admiration of simple fresh ingredients is what life's about.Continued
Inspired by: Carmela Rosato 1908-2000.
Craig & Laura Decker, Owners
Inspired by: Carmela Rosato 1908-2000.
Craig & Laura Decker, Owners
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Ciao Vino Italian Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Gahanna ›
Ciao Vino Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)scenic view (29)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (18)notable wine list (16)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great wine, Good foodSearchforaquietoneDined on 8/23/2014The wine was outstanding. The lasagne was very good. The service was somewhat slow but very friendly.Special Features:
- ReviewRemyLebeauDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I had a great time. Service was excellent. I thought my food was just okay for the amount I paid for it. Dessert was awesome and the scenery was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodgahannagirlDined on 8/21/2014We chose this restaurant for a club meeting for 10 guests. The food was excellent, the server was very sweet and accommodating. Everyone agreed that it was an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Our waiter was perfect… timely for greeting and follow up NOT pressing but accommodating; knowledgeable of menu and drinks to recommend; validated orders; great sense of humor!Special Features:
- dinesalotdinesalotDined on 8/16/20144 of us went to this restaurant for the first time. We asked for outside seating and it was great. We all had different meals and they were enjoyed. As for me, this is one of the best meals I've had in months.Special Features:
- Great meal and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Ciao Vino is a great place to dine. As regulars of Craig's establishments in the Columbus area, we have grown accustomed to the wonderful food, wine selections and the service. Jessica, who used to be a great server in Pickerington, has been at CV for a while. She greeted us at the door, and showed us to our table. She came buy later and told us that desert was on them as a way of saying thank you for being regulars. It was not expected or necessary, but was a great surprise. Thanks Jessica!Special Features:
- Just OkchewyDined on 8/9/2014I wanted shrimp cakes that were on the menu, they said they longer have them. The scallops were gritty. The risotto was very good. We paid $11 for what was supposed to be a glass of house wine? Didn't have any vegetables that are in season. Can't remember my wife's chicken dish but it wasn't that good.Special Features:
- Great fast service!!!!!Landondmb4everDined on 8/8/2014Thankfully my dinner guest & I arrived early as the dining room was closed and there were only a few tables inside available for sitting (there were more outside but we did not want to sit outside). Service was speedy and the food came out really fast, not sure if that was because the dining room was waiting for a large party to arrive so there were more cooks available, but either way it was great to get in and out. The food was amazing like always.Special Features:
- A Gahanna Gem!FoodieForeverDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant has it all! Good eats, fabulous wine, killer location & a great vibe. You can't go wrong with their pizza, which is the closest I have found to the delicious pizza pies being made in Napoli. Their patio is the prettiest in Columbus and being located at Creekside, you can take a nice stroll after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in GahannaLab0311Dined on 7/29/2014This is a must try if you are in the Gahanna or Easton area. Stellar service, great food and awesome ambiance just to name a few of their good qualities. Try the lasagna or shrimp & lobster fettucini. Tiramisu was divine. Oh and don't forget to order a glass of wine or a martini. All I can say is YUM. We'll go back soon to try more of the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KittyDined on 7/18/2014Great place for dinner. Husband and I sat outside which we love to do and it was very nice. Staff was great and very friendly. We will definitely be back. You should think about live music on patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, watch your billKdog73Dined on 7/12/2014The food and service was really good. My wife and I also appreciated the atmosphere. But after splitting a meal, salad and app plus drinks, we estimated our bill to be just north of $60. The check how ever came out more than $80 and with tip was near $100. My guess is they included gratuity and I missed it. I've never heard of a restaurant including too for a party of two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Italian is out thereEatOutOftenDined on 7/11/2014The food was just "so-so". Definitely not worth the price per entree for what we got. The wine selection was extensive. So it may be worth going here for that.
- Good.the7VIPDined on 7/9/2014We had some very unique Italian food mainly consisting of pastas and pizzas. The service was fair considering the waitress rarely came to check on us, despite the lack of customers. Also, when we ordered, she went, "You want all that, too!" The atmoshphere was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for dinnerArkayeDined on 6/28/2014Menu offers a good variety of choices. The pasta half portions are outstanding and ample for a normal appetite. Pleasant atmosphere in an easy to get to locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakRoleModel83Dined on 6/28/2014Steak was phenomenal. Great setting inside the restaurant. Really liked the open kitchen feel, and bar area was clearly separated, but still inviting. Service was top notch and very attentive. Excellent outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Bob45Dined on 6/28/2014We will defiantly go again. We enjoyed the food and the interior was very classy.Special Features:
- June 28thElceDined on 6/28/2014For the first time, we were somewhat disappointed. Service was not up to Ciao usual standard. We had to ask for items such as silverware, clearing of dishes, etc. Dining special of Mahi Mahi was excellent. Server did a nice job accommodating one of our party's need for substitution. We would return and only ask that wait staff have been training1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OhiopwmomDined on 6/16/2014There were 6 of us dining. Everyone was pleased with their meal. The house salad was especially nice....it had a good, light vinegarette. The waiter was knowledgeable and pretty attentive. He was the only waiter, so his time was somewhat divided.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Had a lovely date night on the patio. The server let us know that since it was a crazy busy night due to the band on the plaza, the kitchen was a little backed up. We appreciated her honesty and it ended up coming out rather quickly. Then the owner came around to check in with diners and ended up pulling up a chair and chatting with us a while. Very nice touch. Food was tasty. Ambiance lovely. Server friendly and attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014Pleasant experience server very attentive food was good,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful ServiceeatoutoftenDined on 6/13/2014Even after informing our waitress when she took our order at 6:30 that we needed to leave by 7:30, our food wasn't out. It arrived at 7:35 and we had to eat in 5 minutes. Service up to that point wasn't much better. Drinks and for our waitress to take our order took 30 minutes as well.Special Features:
- Turn off the firepit on warm daysPatsyDined on 5/29/2014Great food, lovely patio, excellent wine, nice dessert menu, attentive service.Special Features:
- great gahanna restaurantbobkVIPDined on 5/29/2014great patio overlooking creekside. Very good food and improving service. This is our go to nice restaurant in the Gahanna/New Albany//Reynoldsburg area, and celebrated our anniversary there. Management really is trying to please its customers and continue to work on ways to make it better.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor seatingannieDined on 5/24/2014the food was OK but a little more spice would have made it better - it was a little bland to all four of us and we got different things. Also, we were charged twice for our meal - we tried calling yesterday and the phone was never answered. Not sure what we're goint to do now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couples' Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We met out at Ciao Vino with two other couples to celebrate a birthday. We were seated at a perfect table on the patio, with views of the creek and the fountain. Beautiful! Everything from the appetizers (bruschetta is especially recommended), to the salads, to the main dishes to the desserts was delicious. Not a complaint from anyone in our group. We also enjoyed great service. An all around lovely experience, and we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Ciao Vino Italian Kitchen reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014We enjoy the atmosphere and sitting outside is just beautiful the scenery. Our waitress was very good. Very friendly and always was smiling. We have lived in Gahanna a long time and this is just a very special place. The food is outstanding also. Thank you. Sue MitchellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies nightLolraDined on 5/17/2014For a quick getaway from the husbands and the kids, this place was a great place to kick back, have a much needed glass of wine, and some really good food. The bruschetta sampler was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Typical, nothing special. Very solid but you won't remember it and crave the experience. They make money on selling bottles of wine, the food is a slight step above Olive Garden. Place is super cool and staff great, but could have closed my eyes and opened them in any standard Italian restaurant/wine place.Special Features:
- piccataTraveler7Dined on 5/14/2014We both ordered Chicken Piccata and a salad. When the entrée arrived mine was burned and my partner's was perfect! Why would anyone including the waitperson let something like that leave the kitchen? I didn't ask for my dinner to be comped and they didn't offer which they should have done without asking for the inconvenience of waiting for another entrée. The second one was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect RestaurantBrotherDanDined on 5/12/2014I could not ask for for a better dining experience. I could carry on a great conversation with my business associates without yelling across the table. The food was superb, as was the wine selection. The service was prompt yet respectful of our evening and was not intrusive of our need to have an important discussion. The ambiance was important to me and to that point, I will be coming back often.Special Features:
- NiceollaDined on 5/11/2014Good place to be for the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare quiet spotTondaleoDined on 5/9/2014Thoroughly enjoyable evening with party of 7 with 2 of is being hard of hearing, making it difficult to find a place in this day of mostly loud restaurants. All enjoyed the food and service was good. Only complaints were the gluten free pasta was overcooked and the special of the night, beef stroganoff, was not adequately described by the waitress (beef over noodles turned out to be a primarily pasta dishe with some beef in it). She offered to replace it right away but it was delicious and I ate it minus all the pasta. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect patioPassion4foodDined on 5/7/2014Great patio seating in the warm weather! I can't wait to return! Wednesday is ladies night so fabulous drink specials too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Romantic!CiaoItalyDined on 4/29/2014Conveniently set on the creek side, this restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner night. My fiance and I enjoyed the quiet ambiance of downtown Gahanna while we enjoyed outstanding food and drink.Special Features:
- Great servcie and wonderful foodlikegoodfoodDined on 4/26/2014Five of us made reservations. We stopped at the bar and enjoyed the suggested offerings. The bartender was gracious and informed. She made sure we did not feel rushed to get too our table. We were offered the private dining room. We had so much fun! Our group tried different appetizers and ordered five different meals to share. Everything was delicious and the wine selection was great. The portions were generous without being overwhelming. We had no need for dessert, but ordered cheesecake to share with some after dinner port. It too was worth the calories!!! Most of all, I'd like to commend the very attentive service of our excellent server, Kirstie. The atmosphere, service and menu were all wonderful. We will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100 percent excellentGahanna1Dined on 4/26/2014Best Italian food my wife and I ever had! When I am excited over a wedge salad, that is saying something. Great service, great atmosphere, can't wait to return!Special Features:
- NannyDined on 4/19/2014We always enjoy dining here. First time for our out of town guests though and they loved it too!!Special Features:
- Good Ghana restaurantbobkVIPDined on 4/18/2014Food has been goo each time we have gone and we have had a good experience each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Food and service is great. Quiet atmosphere inside or out. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.