14115 Saint Germain Dr
Centreville, VA 20121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciao-osteria.com/
- Phone: (703) 543-8955
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 11:00 AM-11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Antonino DiNicola & Chef Luca Mostafa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available.
Contact Antonino 571-242-6051 or 703-543-8955
A word from Ciao Osteria
Ciao Osteria is an authentic Italian eatery featuring delicious entrees and Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas made completely from scratch. Our goal is to serve true traditional Italian recipes made with the freshest, most authentic ingredients available, while making sure our guests are treated as family at our table. Chef Antonino believes you should never underestimate the power of a home cooked Sicilian meal. After many, many years of hard work in his kitchen, he decided to share his recipes with us. You can expect only an authentic taste of Sicily when you eat with us at Ciao Osteria. From the moment you walk in our front door, we want you to feel like you are a part of our family. .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ciao Osteria - Best Restaurants in Centreville ›
Ciao Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (128)fit for foodies (71)kid-friendly (44)great for lunch (39)special occasion (36)good for groups (34)hot spot (27)notable wine list (27)romantic (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great food, but reservations don't workGaryInDCDined on 11/22/2014Everything is great, except that reservations do not mean much. We waited 45 mins after our 8 pm reservation to get seated. This matched our experience 3 weeks ago. Granted, Saturday nights are busy, but if reservations are taken, but not honored, then someone should be upfront about what the situation is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranDined on 11/22/2014Fantastic restaurant. It made me feel like I was back in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014My husband and I went on a Saturday night with reservations and thank goodness because it was packed! But now I know why. The owner, Sal, came over and introduced himself, as he did with everyone. He is hands on making sure everything runs smoothly and has suggestions if you have questions. The food was amazing! I had fried oysters for an appetizer. They melted in your mouth they were so tender. Then I had the Osso Buco, one of my favorite dishes, served with risotto Milanese. It may have been the best I've had. My husband had Spaghetti Nonna with meat sauce. He said it was delicious, not your run of the mill spaghetti. It had some zest to it, not too spicy but very tasty. We finished the evening with cappuccino (dark chocolate at the bottom!) and the Bomba dessert, which was light and addicting. I can honestly say this is now my favorite Italian restaurant! There's nothing negative I can say except I wish it were a bigger space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mamma mia, what a great find!GemmaDined on 11/21/2014Surprise find in our neighborhood. I couldn't be happier. The place was packed Friday night before 6 p.m., and people kept coming. The place is small and there was lots of chatter, but thankfully Ciao didn't try to pipe "music" over this. There were plenty of wait staff to keep orders moving, and the restaurant takes "abbondante" serving sizes seriously. The chef, his wife, and the owner all talked to us, our waitress was super friendly, and it felt homey. Everything was delicious--coming from an Italian-American family, I'm pretty critical about restaurant Italian food, and this was authentic. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful mealJamesDined on 11/20/2014Have dined at Ciao a number of times now and have never had a bad meal. If there is a challenge, it is that the neighborhood secret is now out. Unless you obtain reservations using Open Table you will wait a while on many nights. The food is always nicely prepared and consistently good. Staff is very friendly, the service is accommodating, and the chef enjoys coming out to chat with you toward the end of the evening. Ciao has a specially designed pizza oven that produces a magnificent pizza with many combinations to choose from. There has been many an evening that my wife and I simply come in for a pizza and bottle of wine. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The manicotti with spicy sausage was so tasty!CAtoDCDined on 11/15/2014Delicious tomato sauce, great cheese. The salad before hand wasn't anything to write home about but the owner and his wife stopped by to ask how everything was and get to know us a bit. Great food, pretty good prices. We live in DC, it's a little bit of a drive, but we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular gemeander22Dined on 11/14/2014We made an Open Table reservation for 6:45 this Friday night because it has been very busy. Arriving on time for our reservation we had to wait about five minutes for a table to finish up which was not a big deal. Our server was Kayla and she was wonderful from start to finish. We ordered a karafe of the house chianti which was good, along with the la carbonara, lasagna, and margherita and bianca e prosciutto pizzas. All of the entrees were spectacular, the portions were generous and we left very happy and full! Great Italian in Centreville and a lot better than the Trattoria Villagio in Clifton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchMaplesWillVIPDined on 11/13/2014First time there for lunch and it did not disappoint. My friend went for the ravioli and I had the Ciao sandwich, which was as good as it stellar reviews said. We had the arrancini as an appetizer, and it was teriffic, with the right amount of crunch in a savory sauce. We were greeted by the chef/owner, Antonino, who seems truly happy to see his repeat customers. My friend was there for the first time, but swears it won't be his last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caio OsteriaBeckDined on 11/12/2014My first visit did not disappoint. I took an out of town friend, and we had such a nice evening. Good wine, the bruschetta was very good. We split the rolled eggplant and it was excellent. We even tried some dessert- the pistachio cheesecake and cannoli were both very good. Our waitress was outstanding, watchful but not intrusive. We wentat 7 midweek and it was full when we left at 8:30. I will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!BigDaddyMattDined on 11/12/2014First time we tried this place-not usually in this area of town. Waitress was excellent. Very attentive. Food: Calamari-excellent. Both marinara and pesto. Kids liked marinara, wife liked pesto. Lasagna: huge. Excellent. Meatballs: great. Carbonara: Very good-if any complaints, perhaps a little eggy, but my daughter ate the whole thing. Linguini w/Clams (white sauce): very good. Pizza: was good, but probably the worst thing of all the orders (but still good). Had left over the next day, tasted even better. Would definitel return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italiansquirtf16Dined on 11/9/2014Been here twice. The food is excellent and the service is top notch. The leftovers aren't bad either. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Pizza was not the best wood fired I have had. Prices are a bit high would have never have eaten here without coupon.
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2014Authentic Italian menu, wood-fired oven pizza, incredible desserts, great service -- who could ask for more?!Special Features:
- Local GemMochaDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful Italian restaurant run by Italian Americans! Staff well trained to attend to details and it shows as soon as you walk in the door. Food is very tasty; wonderful meatballs, fresh warm crusty bread, and excellent cappuccino! Homemade gelato, what else can I say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Wife and I tried this restaurant with another couple. Food was excellent and the service good, as well. It's a little small inside, has only been open 6 months, but heard they are looking to expand, which would be great. The owner even stopped by each table to ask about our dining experience, which was a nice touch. Overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was good but too smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014I read the good reviews and wanted to give it a try. The restaurant is pretty small and it was packed. We did make a reservation (highly recommend), but our table was right next to the bar and it was tough for the servers to squeeze by and too cramped for us. Then a large group of guys came in, crowded the bar area even more and decided to eat their pizza right on top of the counter where the cooks place customers orders. It was very inconsiderate of them. Food was good but not hot. They definitely need to expand and I hear they plan to. Will give them another try after the expansion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineDinerFineDinerDined on 11/1/2014There's always a waiting line every Saturday evening we dine here. Food here is always good and diners keep coming back knowing they will have the same good food they expect to get. That's the very reason we always dine here on Saturday nights. One other thing, their service personnel is the BEST you will get from any restaurant around town, not kidding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodPinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food and service were definitely very good. It's a relatively small place and since it's popular it gets very crowded. Bar area is very small too so there is really no place to wait comfortably and you will wait even with the Open Table reservation in hand. We were only about 15-20 minutes beyond but I felt like I was in everybody's way standing there trying to get a drink. It was our first time there so I would give it another shot and adjust my expectations.Special Features:
- Great pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We had a pizza and salads and they were great. The salads were unique and the wood fired pizza was very good.Special Features:
- gggrelicmasterDined on 10/31/2014First trip won't be the last! Our server was outstanding, the food was great, and the whole evening was no less than an enjoyable evening out. Loved it, and am going back this weekend.Special Features:
- Doesn't DisappointloubrestonDined on 10/24/2014Visited for Sunday lunch with my wife and two weeks later for monthly luncheon with my gym buddies. Accolades was unanimous for five people. The decor, ambience, extensive menu, and quality are equal to any I have experienced. All of us plan to return again, and again. Good luck, and best wishes for future success and prosperitY.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantKiskiareaDined on 10/22/2014The food, service, & friendliness of the restaurant is wonderful! I highly recommend the restaurant for your next eating pleasure with friends or family!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Three of us came for lunch and pizza and had a wonderful time! I can't wait to come back for dinner for pasta, etc. with my husband ....the rest of the menu looks great. : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make a reservationManassasDinerDined on 10/18/2014When we arrived, there was a line out the door of people waiting for tables, but our table was ready and they seated us right away. The food was amazing, our waiter was friendly & knew the menu quite well, and the wine was superb. The only minor down side was that it was quite noisy. I'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Loves the pasta carbonara! Already planning to return to try the brick-oven pizza.Special Features:
- Bella Italian!MaplesWillVIPDined on 10/17/2014Second time here. Again, the food was excellent. The Caesar salad is tasty and not soaked in dressing. The arrancini appetizer was superb, including the tomato sauce, which is very good at this restaurant. We had two pizzas, Margherita with sausage and another with prosciutto and mushrooms. Great flavor and thin, tasty crust. Can't think of a better Neapolitan pizza in the area. Good wines by the glass, and attentive, friendly service. Our new go-to Italian gem.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerMangiabeneDined on 10/12/2014We went to CIAO as an extended family, three generations. The welcome, food and service were superb. We'll return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in AreaDrsJVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had veal parmesan and a margherita pizza with house salads. While the veal and salads were very good, I have to say the pizza is some of the best I have ever had anywhere.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemCathiCVIPDined on 10/9/2014Had a lovely evening out. Drove past this restaurant at first because it is located in a classic Centreville strip mall. Looks like a very casual red checkered table cloth pizza joint, but the food and the service belies the atmosphere. It was yummy, and the service was excellent. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Feels like home to meLoveItalianDined on 10/6/2014Originally from NY, I've lived in VA for more than seven years. Few Italian restaurants have come close but Ciao Osteria feels like home. The eggplant (MILINCIANA A PARMIGIANA) was DELICIOUS and will be my go-to order once I try everything else on the menu. Normally, I wouldn't try many things on a menu but I trust that anything I order from Ciao Osteria will not disappoint. Not only is the food great, the service and atmosphere is enjoyable. My husband actually said "This is the most I've seen you smile in a while" as soon as I smelled the food and saw all the smiling customers. I knew this would be my new favorite restaurant. Good job and thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Food and ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014We attended for a small group gathering. It was a nice atmosphere. The food was great. There was a nice ambiance. Our wait staff was excellent. The person who sat us was ok. I would highly recommend this place for a casual dinner with your significant other, or small group of friends. It has a nice selection of food items on the menu.Special Features:
- n2dsouthVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food and service were excellent. The atmosphere is vibrant and it is easy to see why this is such a popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineDinerFineDinerDined on 10/4/2014As expected, the food quality is still excellent. I have enjoyed their "Vongole" five different times and the taste has not changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal...great serviceBethDined on 10/3/2014We have been to Ciao several times now since we discovered it. It's got a great atmosphere, the service is excellent and everyone is so friendly. The owner makes a point of coming over and making sure everything is perfect. You really need to try it if you have not been there yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the neighborhood!FoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014I recently enjoyed a nice evening at Ciao with a dear friend. We shared everything: a wonderful salad made with romaine,pears,gorgonzola,and a balsamic glaze; eggplant rolled with ricotta cheese and baked with a red sauce; and a simple white pizza (probably worth noting...they are not shy about the fresh garlic on the pizza. We loved it). All was outstanding with a lovely bottle of white wine from the featured wine list. SO GREAT to have a new outstanding place like this in the neighborhood! I will return often.Special Features:
- Not consistentLovinnewplacesDined on 9/28/2014We have been here a few times and have always ordered the pizza, which we have always enjoyed. This time we were very disappointed. The pizza arrived to our table barely warm and the crust was soggy. The marinara on the pasta was very salty. The restaurant was very busy with a 25 minute wait and maybe that played into the mediocre food. I hope that this experience was a one time occurrence. I will give them another chance and hope they fix this issue.Special Features:
- Ciao--Consistently ExcellentDanBDined on 9/27/2014We've dined at Ciao several times, and it is gratifying to see how the place has grown. The food is top notch and the service is consistent and good. I would recommend Ciao to anyone who wants a delicious Italian meal in an energetic and friendly place.Special Features:
- A TASTE OF NAPOLIAIRBOSS70Dined on 9/26/2014Ciao tutti, Chef Antonino has brought Bella Napoli to Northern Virginia. The main focal point of the restaurant is the wood burning pizza oven from Napoli. Chef Antonino, Chef Luca and their team create a melange of fabulous specials in addition to all the traditional favorites. When bringing new friends for their first gastronomic experience at Ciao, I always like to start with Burrata, Pizza Margherita and Nero D'Avola and sparkling San Benedetto. Next, sample the excellent salads, followed by entrees served "family style" so everyone gets to taste their favorites as well as something new. Dessert, espresso and perhaps some limoncello... Mangiare bene e buon appetito.Special Features:
- Great New Spot!anonymousDined on 9/26/2014Made reservations and am so glad I did. This is a family owned business and I prefer to give the business to the small business person than a large chain restaurant. The place was packed and people were waiting to be seated. From the minute I walked in the door, the hostesses were very pleasant and accommodating. Our waiter Aaron was fabulous! He was very knowledgeable, very attentive and one of the absolute BEST! The Food was fabulous. One person in our party needed gluten free and they went above and beyond to accommodate! The only downside is they need more space and I hope they can get it because they will continue to be a busy spot. I will go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalFamilyTravelingfamilyDined on 9/26/2014Ciao is such a welcome change from the chain and generic restaurants in Centreville. The food is fabulous and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Once you walk through the door, you forget you are in a strip mall restaurant. It is like you are in a little cafe in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.