14115 Saint Germain Dr
Centreville, VA 20121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciao-osteria.com/
- Phone: 703-543-8955x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Antonino DiNicola & Chef Luca Mostafa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available.
Contact Antonino 571-242-6051 or 703-543-8955
A word from Ciao Osteria
Ciao Osteria is an authentic Italian eatery featuring delicious entrees and Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas made completely from scratch. Our goal is to serve true traditional Italian recipes made with the freshest, most authentic ingredients available, while making sure our guests are treated as family at our table. Chef Antonino believes you should never underestimate the power of a home cooked Sicilian meal. After many, many years of hard work in his kitchen, he decided to share his recipes with us. You can expect only an authentic taste of Sicily when you eat with us at Ciao Osteria. From the moment you walk in our front door, we want you to feel like you are a part of our family. .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ciao Osteria - Best Restaurants in Centreville ›
Ciao Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (117)fit for foodies (54)kid-friendly (46)great for lunch (41)good for groups (36)special occasion (28)notable wine list (26)hot spot (18)romantic (12)great for brunch (7)late-night find (1)Show More
- Make a reservationManassasDinerDined on 10/19/2014When we arrived, there was a line out the door of people waiting for tables, but our table was ready and they seated us right away. The food was amazing, our waiter was friendly & knew the menu quite well, and the wine was superb. The only minor down side was that it was quite noisy. I'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Loves the pasta carbonara! Already planning to return to try the brick-oven pizza.Special Features:
- Bella Italian!MaplesWillVIPDined on 10/17/2014Second time here. Again, the food was excellent. The Caesar salad is tasty and not soaked in dressing. The arrancini appetizer was superb, including the tomato sauce, which is very good at this restaurant. We had two pizzas, Margherita with sausage and another with prosciutto and mushrooms. Great flavor and thin, tasty crust. Can't think of a better Neapolitan pizza in the area. Good wines by the glass, and attentive, friendly service. Our new go-to Italian gem.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014We went to CIAO as an extended family, three generations. The welcome, food and service were superb. We'll return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in AreaDrsJVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had veal parmesan and a margherita pizza with house salads. While the veal and salads were very good, I have to say the pizza is some of the best I have ever had anywhere.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemCathiCVIPDined on 10/9/2014Had a lovely evening out. Drove past this restaurant at first because it is located in a classic Centreville strip mall. Looks like a very casual red checkered table cloth pizza joint, but the food and the service belies the atmosphere. It was yummy, and the service was excellent. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Feels like home to meLoveItalianDined on 10/6/2014Originally from NY, I've lived in VA for more than seven years. Few Italian restaurants have come close but Ciao Osteria feels like home. The eggplant (MILINCIANA A PARMIGIANA) was DELICIOUS and will be my go-to order once I try everything else on the menu. Normally, I wouldn't try many things on a menu but I trust that anything I order from Ciao Osteria will not disappoint. Not only is the food great, the service and atmosphere is enjoyable. My husband actually said "This is the most I've seen you smile in a while" as soon as I smelled the food and saw all the smiling customers. I knew this would be my new favorite restaurant. Good job and thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Food and ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014We attended for a small group gathering. It was a nice atmosphere. The food was great. There was a nice ambiance. Our wait staff was excellent. The person who sat us was ok. I would highly recommend this place for a casual dinner with your significant other, or small group of friends. It has a nice selection of food items on the menu.Special Features:
- n2dsouthVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food and service were excellent. The atmosphere is vibrant and it is easy to see why this is such a popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineDinerFineDinerDined on 10/4/2014As expected, the food quality is still excellent. I have enjoyed their "Vongole" five different times and the taste has not changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal...great serviceBethDined on 10/3/2014We have been to Ciao several times now since we discovered it. It's got a great atmosphere, the service is excellent and everyone is so friendly. The owner makes a point of coming over and making sure everything is perfect. You really need to try it if you have not been there yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the neighborhood!FoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014I recently enjoyed a nice evening at Ciao with a dear friend. We shared everything: a wonderful salad made with romaine,pears,gorgonzola,and a balsamic glaze; eggplant rolled with ricotta cheese and baked with a red sauce; and a simple white pizza (probably worth noting...they are not shy about the fresh garlic on the pizza. We loved it). All was outstanding with a lovely bottle of white wine from the featured wine list. SO GREAT to have a new outstanding place like this in the neighborhood! I will return often.Special Features:
- Not consistentLovinnewplacesDined on 9/28/2014We have been here a few times and have always ordered the pizza, which we have always enjoyed. This time we were very disappointed. The pizza arrived to our table barely warm and the crust was soggy. The marinara on the pasta was very salty. The restaurant was very busy with a 25 minute wait and maybe that played into the mediocre food. I hope that this experience was a one time occurrence. I will give them another chance and hope they fix this issue.Special Features:
- Ciao--Consistently ExcellentDanBDined on 9/27/2014We've dined at Ciao several times, and it is gratifying to see how the place has grown. The food is top notch and the service is consistent and good. I would recommend Ciao to anyone who wants a delicious Italian meal in an energetic and friendly place.Special Features:
- A TASTE OF NAPOLIAIRBOSS70Dined on 9/26/2014Ciao tutti, Chef Antonino has brought Bella Napoli to Northern Virginia. The main focal point of the restaurant is the wood burning pizza oven from Napoli. Chef Antonino, Chef Luca and their team create a melange of fabulous specials in addition to all the traditional favorites. When bringing new friends for their first gastronomic experience at Ciao, I always like to start with Burrata, Pizza Margherita and Nero D'Avola and sparkling San Benedetto. Next, sample the excellent salads, followed by entrees served "family style" so everyone gets to taste their favorites as well as something new. Dessert, espresso and perhaps some limoncello... Mangiare bene e buon appetito.Special Features:
- Great New Spot!anonymousDined on 9/26/2014Made reservations and am so glad I did. This is a family owned business and I prefer to give the business to the small business person than a large chain restaurant. The place was packed and people were waiting to be seated. From the minute I walked in the door, the hostesses were very pleasant and accommodating. Our waiter Aaron was fabulous! He was very knowledgeable, very attentive and one of the absolute BEST! The Food was fabulous. One person in our party needed gluten free and they went above and beyond to accommodate! The only downside is they need more space and I hope they can get it because they will continue to be a busy spot. I will go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalFamilyTravelingfamilyDined on 9/26/2014Ciao is such a welcome change from the chain and generic restaurants in Centreville. The food is fabulous and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Once you walk through the door, you forget you are in a strip mall restaurant. It is like you are in a little cafe in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best cheese EVERKatieCinVADined on 9/26/2014The buffalo mozzarella caprese (I think they called it buffulatta?) was out of this world crazy good!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finally found spaghetti in VAOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014Grew up in NYC and I can never find simple spaghetti and meatballs. I finally found a place where the meatballs are just like the pizzeria I frequented since I was 2 years old in NY. I am happy there is somewhere to go here!Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian Restaurant!nukefoodieDined on 9/15/2014With my first visit, I ordered spaghetti with meatballs. Best I have ever eaten! Sauce was rich with a mild bite, meatballs best-ever. Experienced, well-trained servers were perfectly attentive. Owner's caring, hands-on presence authentically shows how much he cares about your experience. If I didn't live in another state, I would be a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian RestaurantNYItalianDined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit to Ciao's and it did not disappoint once again. It was marvelous! The first time I went my husband and I had just returned from 16 days in Italy and we weren't expecting the food to compare to what we had over there in anyway. Boy were we wrong! It is as close to Italy as you can get! The rice balls were even better! The margarita pizza was better than a number of places in Italy and the pasta was excellent too. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Don't let the store front strip mall location fool you. It is truly first class. The owner Sal walks around and chats too! LOVE,LOVE, LOVE this restaurant!Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantPTFriendDined on 9/13/2014The food was great and the service was extraordinary. It is in a strip mall but once you walk in the door you are taken to Italy. Service was fantastic. Best dinner out in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian8ItalianDined on 9/13/2014Visited this restaurant for the first time with a party of 10 for my daughter's birthday. The restaurant was very accommodating and took special care to give her a slice of cheese with a candle at the end of dinner. The food was excellent! Each one of us had something different and everyone was raving about their particular dish. Fish, Chicken or Pasta is was all good. Ciao Osteria will be our new go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Authentic!VickiBDined on 9/12/2014This place is awesome! The owners are wonderful, caring, personable. They really care about your dining experience and ensure that you enjoyed everything. We've gone back twice in the last 2 1/2 weeks and we'll be going back soon! Dessert (Tiramisu) was heavenly!Special Features:
- Great findAlison7641Dined on 9/12/2014Tried this place for the first time and weren't disappointed.It's tucked away in a busy shopping area, but inside is a charming dining room. The wait staff is informed and professional. Great selection on the menu and our food was delicious. I didn't look at the wine menu but it looked extensive. We were dining early but the place filled up fast. I think it's one of those places where the regulars keep coming back. I know I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Northern VAJohnCDined on 9/7/2014This beautiful little restaurant just opened a few months ago. We have already dined there four times. Most recently, we took our three adult children. They all loved it and said now it is one of their favorites. The food is always good and prepared properly. The owner welcomes you like you were his long-lost friend. My son who has worked at two quality restaurants said "the food was the bomb". I hope you enjoy this place as much as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New FavoriteKarrieDined on 9/6/2014Not much to brag about in Centreville, but now we have Ciao! And it's family owned--not a chain! Dishes are well prepared and they have specials that are truly special. There's a reason why it's usually packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpectedbetterbegoodDined on 9/6/2014I met friends from out of town at a conference and was looking for dinner in the area that wasn't a chain and better than average. This more than fit the bill! Everyone loved the food. Thanks.Special Features:
- FineDinerFineDinerDined on 9/6/2014We have made this place our regular Saturday night dining room. The food and service is as expected after our 4th visit.... consistently delicious and always packed full of patrons waiting in line. The reception we get is always warm and friendly. All told, we are so lucky Ciao Osteria picked our neighborhood as their home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was nicely full but we got a table with a short wait. The service was very good and so were the entree choices. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChrisWhyteDined on 9/5/2014Best Italian meal I've ever had. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- n2dsouthVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is fast becoming our "go to" Italian restaurant whenever we want pizza or a good pasta dish. The service is friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is lively and reminds me of going to an Italian party. Will definately recommend Ciao to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good italian restaurantbabliDined on 9/5/2014good italian restaurant and friendly service. the owners seem very caring about the people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaltVIPDined on 8/28/2014A solid, friendly newcomer to the neighborhod. Chef Antonio is magnifico and owner Sal adds a nice persnal touch that makes yu fell remembered and welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience.pkk1VIPDined on 8/26/2014The owner came over to the table immediately to introduce himself, as well as the executive chef. A small family-owned Osteria that felt like a step back into Italy. The food and wine choices were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad was great, pizza okOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014Bread for dipping was a bit raw but the dipping oil was excellent. Pizza was not up to par but the salad was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but Awfully NoisyTalullahDined on 8/24/2014We arrived on time (we had reservations) and were seated immediately. The restaurant was really crowded and the noise level was loud. Service was fine, the food was very good. The owner stopped at our table and made us feel welcome. When I am back in the area, I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood CafeRIFoodieDined on 8/23/2014While waiting for our table we sat at the bar. The bartender Nathan was fantastic. He offered creative and delicious drinks customized by him. You could tell he was passionate about food, drink, and his craft. Will definitely go back to sit at the bar and enjoy Nathan's drinks and excellent service. The grilled pizza was delicious, it came out piping hot and the crust was tender.Special Features:
- Fantastico!amsrecDined on 8/23/2014The best food around. You could tell all the customers loved their meals. They were thrilled to talk to the owner Sal and brag about how great their meal was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeWillobee14Dined on 8/22/2014This my 4th time at Ciao. The food is always delicious. The owners are always friendly. My only complaint is the bartender. We seem to always get the same one. He is less than friendly, makes you wait a long time. Never offers you a wine or drink menu and frankly should probably not be at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.