14115 Saint Germain Dr
Centreville, VA 20121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciao-osteria.com/
- Phone: 703-543-8955x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Antonino DiNicola & Chef Luca Mostafa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available.
Contact Antonino 571-242-6051 or 703-543-8955
A word from Ciao Osteria
Ciao Osteria is an authentic Italian eatery featuring delicious entrees and Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas made completely from scratch. Our goal is to serve true traditional Italian recipes made with the freshest, most authentic ingredients available, while making sure our guests are treated as family at our table. Chef Antonino believes you should never underestimate the power of a home cooked Sicilian meal. After many, many years of hard work in his kitchen, he decided to share his recipes with us. You can expect only an authentic taste of Sicily when you eat with us at Ciao Osteria. From the moment you walk in our front door, we want you to feel like you are a part of our family. .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ciao Osteria - Best Restaurants in Centreville ›
Ciao Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (33)kid-friendly (32)good for groups (27)great for lunch (26)special occasion (20)notable wine list (14)romantic (10)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Excellent Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit to Ciao's and it did not disappoint once again. It was marvelous! The first time I went my husband and I had just returned from 16 days in Italy and we weren't expecting the food to compare to what we had over there in anyway. Boy were we wrong! It is as close to Italy as you can get! The rice balls were even better! The margarita pizza was better than a number of places in Italy and the pasta was excellent too. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Don't let the store front strip mall location fool you. It is truly first class. The owner Sal walks around and chats too! LOVE,LOVE, LOVE this restaurant!Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great and the service was extraordinary. It is in a strip mall but once you walk in the door you are taken to Italy. Service was fantastic. Best dinner out in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Visited this restaurant for the first time with a party of 10 for my daughter's birthday. The restaurant was very accommodating and took special care to give her a slice of cheese with a candle at the end of dinner. The food was excellent! Each one of us had something different and everyone was raving about their particular dish. Fish, Chicken or Pasta is was all good. Ciao Osteria will be our new go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Authentic!VickiBDined on 9/12/2014This place is awesome! The owners are wonderful, caring, personable. They really care about your dining experience and ensure that you enjoyed everything. We've gone back twice in the last 2 1/2 weeks and we'll be going back soon! Dessert (Tiramisu) was heavenly!Special Features:
- Great findAlison7641Dined on 9/12/2014Tried this place for the first time and weren't disappointed.It's tucked away in a busy shopping area, but inside is a charming dining room. The wait staff is informed and professional. Great selection on the menu and our food was delicious. I didn't look at the wine menu but it looked extensive. We were dining early but the place filled up fast. I think it's one of those places where the regulars keep coming back. I know I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Northern VAJohnCDined on 9/7/2014This beautiful little restaurant just opened a few months ago. We have already dined there four times. Most recently, we took our three adult children. They all loved it and said now it is one of their favorites. The food is always good and prepared properly. The owner welcomes you like you were his long-lost friend. My son who has worked at two quality restaurants said "the food was the bomb". I hope you enjoy this place as much as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New FavoriteKarrieDined on 9/6/2014Not much to brag about in Centreville, but now we have Ciao! And it's family owned--not a chain! Dishes are well prepared and they have specials that are truly special. There's a reason why it's usually packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpectedbetterbegoodDined on 9/6/2014I met friends from out of town at a conference and was looking for dinner in the area that wasn't a chain and better than average. This more than fit the bill! Everyone loved the food. Thanks.Special Features:
- FineDinerFineDinerDined on 9/6/2014We have made this place our regular Saturday night dining room. The food and service is as expected after our 4th visit.... consistently delicious and always packed full of patrons waiting in line. The reception we get is always warm and friendly. All told, we are so lucky Ciao Osteria picked our neighborhood as their home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014The restaurant was nicely full but we got a table with a short wait. The service was very good and so were the entree choices. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChrisWhyteDined on 9/5/2014Best Italian meal I've ever had. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- n2dsouthDined on 9/5/2014This is fast becoming our "go to" Italian restaurant whenever we want pizza or a good pasta dish. The service is friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is lively and reminds me of going to an Italian party. Will definately recommend Ciao to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good italian restaurantbabliDined on 9/5/2014good italian restaurant and friendly service. the owners seem very caring about the people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaltVIPDined on 8/28/2014A solid, friendly newcomer to the neighborhod. Chef Antonio is magnifico and owner Sal adds a nice persnal touch that makes yu fell remembered and welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience.pkk1VIPDined on 8/26/2014The owner came over to the table immediately to introduce himself, as well as the executive chef. A small family-owned Osteria that felt like a step back into Italy. The food and wine choices were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad was great, pizza okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Bread for dipping was a bit raw but the dipping oil was excellent. Pizza was not up to par but the salad was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but Awfully NoisyTalullahDined on 8/24/2014We arrived on time (we had reservations) and were seated immediately. The restaurant was really crowded and the noise level was loud. Service was fine, the food was very good. The owner stopped at our table and made us feel welcome. When I am back in the area, I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood CafeRIFoodieDined on 8/23/2014While waiting for our table we sat at the bar. The bartender Nathan was fantastic. He offered creative and delicious drinks customized by him. You could tell he was passionate about food, drink, and his craft. Will definitely go back to sit at the bar and enjoy Nathan's drinks and excellent service. The grilled pizza was delicious, it came out piping hot and the crust was tender.Special Features:
- Fantastico!amsrecDined on 8/23/2014The best food around. You could tell all the customers loved their meals. They were thrilled to talk to the owner Sal and brag about how great their meal was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeWillobee14Dined on 8/22/2014This my 4th time at Ciao. The food is always delicious. The owners are always friendly. My only complaint is the bartender. We seem to always get the same one. He is less than friendly, makes you wait a long time. Never offers you a wine or drink menu and frankly should probably not be at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinewkidsfamilyof4Dined on 8/19/2014Took the kids 11 & 13 for an early dinner. We all loved our food and the girls were surprised with free gelato!! Food was great, service was great, only thing missing was a visit from Sal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundDen330Dined on 8/18/2014Second time trying this fairly new restaurant. The food has been good both times. We were using a Living Social deal which gives it more value, but still, I had lamb chops, and they were just right, my wife had fish and it was also very good. My only criticism would be for the price of a glass of wine or sangria. $12/glass is quite a markup per glass on a bottle of $15 wine.Special Features:
- Perfect in every wayBillieJoVIPDined on 8/17/2014Unbelievable food, authentic, fresh products - delightfulSpecial Features:
- Great new restaurant in CentrevilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014As soon as we walked in, we knew this would be a good experience. The ambiance is very upbeat, and everyone already there was enjoying themselves. The food was very good, as was the service. Already have recommended it to friends and will go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Don't be fooled by its location in a strip shopping center! This place is fantastic and we have been there 4 times in 5 weeks. It's small and cozy with outstanding food and service. That's enough reason to go but the bonus is the "family" feel you'll get here as Sal (the owner) comes by and checks in on you. We feel fortunate to have found this place and it will clearly be our go to restaurant going forward. This is probably the finest Italian place I have been to. Again, don't let its location fool you. I imagine in a very short time, Ciao Osteria will be recognized as a fine Italian restaurant challenging many of the other eating establishments in the area as one of the best places to eat.Special Features:
- Not quite what I expectedManassasDinerDined on 8/10/2014I had heard from a friend that this place would be perfect for me to take my girlfriend for her birthday and that the ambiance was very romantic. This place was not the place for a romantic dinner, but would be fine for a family dinner. Our appetizer and our dinner came out about 1 minute apart, but both were tasty. Our waiter was either new or was having a bad night because his service was not up to par. For example, we asked twice for crushed red pepper; we finally got it when I got up and asked another server for some. The bread was also very good and the owner came by every table to say hello which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Must visit for your next meal.AIRBOSS70Dined on 8/10/2014Antonino, Luca and Sal have created a neighborhood gem. If you are looking for authentic Sicilian / Italian cuisine, you must visit Ciao Osteria for your next meal. Have a particular dish that you are craving??? Antonino should be able to accommodate you with minimal notice. Buonissimo. Como sempre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all aroundfamilyof4Dined on 8/9/2014Our server was fantastic, answered al our questions, never made us feel rushed and came back several times to check on us. Sal, the owner, came by to check on us too. Talking to him was like talking to a lifelong friend! The food was amazing! The bread and appetizers we ordered were awesome (had to stop eating the bread to make sure I had room for my dinner!) We ordered the bruschetta and the ARANCINE (my mouth is watering just typing it in!) For our meal, we ordered the lasagna, the veil parmesan, the ravioli with cream sauce and the Mahi Mahi. Couldn't believe we actually had room for desert, but I was so glad we did! We tried their homemade cannoli and like the dinner, it didn't disappoint! We WILL be going back for more, soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!GreatNewSpotDined on 8/8/2014Food and staff were great, and owner Sal was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUONISSIMOAIRBOSS70Dined on 8/5/2014Looking for authentic Sicilian / Italian cuisine... well look no further. Chef Antonino and Chef Luca masterfully prepare a wide range of specialties. Don't forget to try a VPN certified pizza. Ciao Osteria supports our Armed Forces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian in CentrevillemonlarDined on 8/3/2014Food here is definitely par to true Italian that I grew up with in NY NJ area. If I cannot make it to Little Italy NYC I will be just as happy to stay here at home! Food was delicious,wait staff attentive and atmosphere is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014food was excellent, try the pizza. It was real Neapolitan style thin crispy and delicious.Special Features:
- BorisDined on 7/27/2014It was a late Sunday dinner - the restaurant was nearly empty so it was nice an quiet. The food and service was good and the prices were reasonable. Two of us ordered Il Misto - seafood pasta dish with lots of shrimps, calamari, mussels and clams - it was great. The other diners ordered pizza and chicken limone (it supposed to be the veal but somehow we got chicken!) - bit dishes were very good. We will definitely visit the restaurant some other time to sample its extensive menu.Special Features:
- Great food and servicePeggyDined on 7/27/2014Received a coupon so decided to try this restaurant since it is not too far from our home. Went with friends and we all had excellent meals, with plenty left for take-home and dinner the following night. We all love pizza but didn't succumb on our first trip but we will surely return and try their pizza which looked very good. Also didn't get to try any desserts which also looked very tempting, so look forward to trying some on a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is it!FineDinerDined on 7/26/2014We've been searching for a fine evening Italian restaurant and have been disappointed by all the ones we have tried in our city. Finally, by accident we read about this place that recently opened 3 months ago. Ciao Osteria has that bit of romance, very tasty food, excellent service...... total ambiance that we'd like to be dining in every Saturday evening. First impression really counts....after you've been searching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Love This Placeecs132Dined on 7/26/2014Local restaurant with great food, good wine list, attentive staff, and did I say Great food?Special Features:
- WaltVIPDined on 7/25/2014Don't let the fact that this restaurant is tucked discretely among several small businesses in a strip mall deter you; give it a try. A visit to this friendly Neapolitan Italian restaurant is well worth it. Open less than a year, it has already cultured a core clientele who visit regularly--and frequently.Special Features:
- Great new Italian restauCentrevillePamelaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have now been here several times since it opened and it has become our favorite area Italian restaurant. It is even better that it is only a few minutes from home.Special Features:
- Outstanding Pre Concert MealPaulSVIPDined on 7/19/2014Finding this rather simple store front in a Giant Food shopping center in Ceterville, VA will be the most difficult part of your evening. Once you settle in, the owners stop by for a warm and personal greeting. It appears that it is very important to them that every guest is made to feel as comfortable as possible. It doesn't stop there, the food is outstanding. The menu focuses on a Southern Italian style of cooking, with an excellent, slightly spicy red sauce. The meatballs were perfection...great flavor, very tender and perfectly cooked. There were only 4 of us at dinner so I can't comment on too many dishes, but I will definitely return to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Awesome addition to CentrevilleTbellDined on 7/17/2014Ciao is located in a strip mall next to the Giant, but don't let that turn you off from going in and trying some awesome food. I've been here several times since they've opened and have always enjoyed everything I tried. I think my favorite dishes are the beef tortellini with cream sauce and the Bianca pizza. The service is always wonderful and the owner Sal is so personable and always comes around to say hi to patrons. He really makes you feel welcome and makes the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.