14115 Saint Germain Dr
Centreville, VA 20121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciao-osteria.com/
- Phone: 703-543-8955x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Antonino DiNicola & Chef Luca Mostafa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available.
Contact Antonino 571-242-6051 or 703-543-8955
A word from Ciao Osteria
Ciao Osteria is an authentic Italian eatery featuring delicious entrees and Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas made completely from scratch. Our goal is to serve true traditional Italian recipes made with the freshest, most authentic ingredients available, while making sure our guests are treated as family at our table. Chef Antonino believes you should never underestimate the power of a home cooked Sicilian meal. After many, many years of hard work in his kitchen, he decided to share his recipes with us. You can expect only an authentic taste of Sicily when you eat with us at Ciao Osteria. From the moment you walk in our front door, we want you to feel like you are a part of our family. .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Ciao Osteria - Best Restaurants in Centreville ›
Ciao Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)kid-friendly (29)great for lunch (22)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (15)notable wine list (9)romantic (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Salad was great, pizza okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Bread for dipping was a bit raw but the dipping oil was excellent. Pizza was not up to par but the salad was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood CafeRIFoodieDined on 8/23/2014While waiting for our table we sat at the bar. The bartender Nathan was fantastic. He offered creative and delicious drinks customized by him. You could tell he was passionate about food, drink, and his craft. Will definitely go back to sit at the bar and enjoy Nathan's drinks and excellent service. The grilled pizza was delicious, it came out piping hot and the crust was tender.Special Features:
- Fantastico!amsrecDined on 8/23/2014The best food around. You could tell all the customers loved their meals. They were thrilled to talk to the owner Sal and brag about how great their meal was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeWillobee14Dined on 8/22/2014This my 4th time at Ciao. The food is always delicious. The owners are always friendly. My only complaint is the bartender. We seem to always get the same one. He is less than friendly, makes you wait a long time. Never offers you a wine or drink menu and frankly should probably not be at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinewkidsfamilyof4Dined on 8/19/2014Took the kids 11 & 13 for an early dinner. We all loved our food and the girls were surprised with free gelato!! Food was great, service was great, only thing missing was a visit from Sal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundDen330Dined on 8/18/2014Second time trying this fairly new restaurant. The food has been good both times. We were using a Living Social deal which gives it more value, but still, I had lamb chops, and they were just right, my wife had fish and it was also very good. My only criticism would be for the price of a glass of wine or sangria. $12/glass is quite a markup per glass on a bottle of $15 wine.Special Features:
- Perfect in every wayBillieJoVIPDined on 8/17/2014Unbelievable food, authentic, fresh products - delightfulSpecial Features:
- Great new restaurant in CentrevilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014As soon as we walked in, we knew this would be a good experience. The ambiance is very upbeat, and everyone already there was enjoying themselves. The food was very good, as was the service. Already have recommended it to friends and will go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Don't be fooled by its location in a strip shopping center! This place is fantastic and we have been there 4 times in 5 weeks. It's small and cozy with outstanding food and service. That's enough reason to go but the bonus is the "family" feel you'll get here as Sal (the owner) comes by and checks in on you. We feel fortunate to have found this place and it will clearly be our go to restaurant going forward. This is probably the finest Italian place I have been to. Again, don't let its location fool you. I imagine in a very short time, Ciao Osteria will be recognized as a fine Italian restaurant challenging many of the other eating establishments in the area as one of the best places to eat.Special Features:
- Not quite what I expectedManassasDinerDined on 8/10/2014I had heard from a friend that this place would be perfect for me to take my girlfriend for her birthday and that the ambiance was very romantic. This place was not the place for a romantic dinner, but would be fine for a family dinner. Our appetizer and our dinner came out about 1 minute apart, but both were tasty. Our waiter was either new or was having a bad night because his service was not up to par. For example, we asked twice for crushed red pepper; we finally got it when I got up and asked another server for some. The bread was also very good and the owner came by every table to say hello which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Must visit for your next meal.AIRBOSS70Dined on 8/10/2014Antonino, Luca and Sal have created a neighborhood gem. If you are looking for authentic Sicilian / Italian cuisine, you must visit Ciao Osteria for your next meal. Have a particular dish that you are craving??? Antonino should be able to accommodate you with minimal notice. Buonissimo. Como sempre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all aroundfamilyof4Dined on 8/9/2014Our server was fantastic, answered al our questions, never made us feel rushed and came back several times to check on us. Sal, the owner, came by to check on us too. Talking to him was like talking to a lifelong friend! The food was amazing! The bread and appetizers we ordered were awesome (had to stop eating the bread to make sure I had room for my dinner!) We ordered the bruschetta and the ARANCINE (my mouth is watering just typing it in!) For our meal, we ordered the lasagna, the veil parmesan, the ravioli with cream sauce and the Mahi Mahi. Couldn't believe we actually had room for desert, but I was so glad we did! We tried their homemade cannoli and like the dinner, it didn't disappoint! We WILL be going back for more, soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!GreatNewSpotDined on 8/8/2014Food and staff were great, and owner Sal was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUONISSIMOAIRBOSS70Dined on 8/5/2014Looking for authentic Sicilian / Italian cuisine... well look no further. Chef Antonino and Chef Luca masterfully prepare a wide range of specialties. Don't forget to try a VPN certified pizza. Ciao Osteria supports our Armed Forces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian in CentrevillemonlarDined on 8/3/2014Food here is definitely par to true Italian that I grew up with in NY NJ area. If I cannot make it to Little Italy NYC I will be just as happy to stay here at home! Food was delicious,wait staff attentive and atmosphere is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014food was excellent, try the pizza. It was real Neapolitan style thin crispy and delicious.Special Features:
- BorisDined on 7/27/2014It was a late Sunday dinner - the restaurant was nearly empty so it was nice an quiet. The food and service was good and the prices were reasonable. Two of us ordered Il Misto - seafood pasta dish with lots of shrimps, calamari, mussels and clams - it was great. The other diners ordered pizza and chicken limone (it supposed to be the veal but somehow we got chicken!) - bit dishes were very good. We will definitely visit the restaurant some other time to sample its extensive menu.Special Features:
- Great food and servicePeggyDined on 7/27/2014Received a coupon so decided to try this restaurant since it is not too far from our home. Went with friends and we all had excellent meals, with plenty left for take-home and dinner the following night. We all love pizza but didn't succumb on our first trip but we will surely return and try their pizza which looked very good. Also didn't get to try any desserts which also looked very tempting, so look forward to trying some on a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is it!FineDinerDined on 7/26/2014We've been searching for a fine evening Italian restaurant and have been disappointed by all the ones we have tried in our city. Finally, by accident we read about this place that recently opened 3 months ago. Ciao Osteria has that bit of romance, very tasty food, excellent service...... total ambiance that we'd like to be dining in every Saturday evening. First impression really counts....after you've been searching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Love This Placeecs132Dined on 7/26/2014Local restaurant with great food, good wine list, attentive staff, and did I say Great food?Special Features:
- WaltVIPDined on 7/25/2014Don't let the fact that this restaurant is tucked discretely among several small businesses in a strip mall deter you; give it a try. A visit to this friendly Neapolitan Italian restaurant is well worth it. Open less than a year, it has already cultured a core clientele who visit regularly--and frequently.Special Features:
- Great new Italian restauCentrevillePamelaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have now been here several times since it opened and it has become our favorite area Italian restaurant. It is even better that it is only a few minutes from home.Special Features:
- Outstanding Pre Concert MealPaulSVIPDined on 7/19/2014Finding this rather simple store front in a Giant Food shopping center in Ceterville, VA will be the most difficult part of your evening. Once you settle in, the owners stop by for a warm and personal greeting. It appears that it is very important to them that every guest is made to feel as comfortable as possible. It doesn't stop there, the food is outstanding. The menu focuses on a Southern Italian style of cooking, with an excellent, slightly spicy red sauce. The meatballs were perfection...great flavor, very tender and perfectly cooked. There were only 4 of us at dinner so I can't comment on too many dishes, but I will definitely return to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Awesome addition to CentrevilleTbellDined on 7/17/2014Ciao is located in a strip mall next to the Giant, but don't let that turn you off from going in and trying some awesome food. I've been here several times since they've opened and have always enjoyed everything I tried. I think my favorite dishes are the beef tortellini with cream sauce and the Bianca pizza. The service is always wonderful and the owner Sal is so personable and always comes around to say hi to patrons. He really makes you feel welcome and makes the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Awesome!mariak024Dined on 7/17/2014Ciao Osteria is truly a neighborhood gem! I was expecting a "pizza joint," and was pleasantly surprised by all of the options! Ciao has a great wine list and plenty of options food wise. I am a true foodie and have not been disappointed by anything I have tried! As if great food weren't enough, Ciao really stands out service wise. All of the staff is friendly and really makes you feel welcome. Be bold and try the octopus! Some of the best I've ever had. You can see and taste that all of the dishes are truly chef inspired. I just love this place!!!!Special Features:
- Was hoping to like it..ButNYCpizzaloverVIPDined on 7/15/2014We had seen the restaurant driving by since we live in the area so wanted to try it out one night. Seating was prompt. Place is small with booths back to back so conversation is not private. Justin was great, nice personality and kept in touch the entire meal to see what we needed. Grilled octopus appetizer was on the grill too long so it was burnt and tough. Main dishes were ok but bland in taste such as the il Misto which was suppose to be in garlic sauce but didn't have any garlic flavor. The Margherita pizza was excellent with a charred bottom. Would go back for the pizza but not the main dishes. We were hoping for a neighborhood gem that we could go to often that provided good value for the food but the prices are too high.Special Features:
- Va Bene' Ciao OsteriaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2014Do not be put off by the location of this new neighborhood gem in the Giant shopping center in Centreville. This new restaurant is nothing short of fantastic. After my wife and I had lunch there a few weeks ago, we knew we needed to bring my daughter's family with us to try dinner. It was a Tuesday night and when we arrived for our 6pm reservation, the place was about 1/4 full. But even with a terrible thunderstorm a short time later when we were leaving, the restaurant was packed and people were waiting for tables. On a Tuesday night! The pizza is as I remember it during my numerous times in Europe and several trips to Italy. Everything is outstanding and authentic! Try anything on the menu and you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hraymondOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/6/2014This was my 3rd time there and was a little disappointed. Service was slow and they weren't very busy. My wife got the wrong order(write it down). Meatballs were OK, but not hot. Food was not very tasty: lasagna, fish, pasta. Sorry, but this time everything was just not that good. Maybe one more chance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and Friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014Just returned to this new neighborhood restaurant for lunch after my first meal there on Sunday. Italian food is authentic - and delicious. Owner is welcoming and appreciates your business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a winner!DebbieGDined on 7/6/2014This was our third time to go to Ciao's. The food is incredible. The service just right. And the atmosphere very inviting. They make you feel so welcome. The food presentation is so exquisite that we take pictures of it and send to our kids. You have to try Ciao's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every Entrée Is AmazingHungryDined on 7/5/2014You know you're onto something when everyone at the table is pretty sure they ordered the best thing on the menu.Special Features:
- Loved it! New favorite placeusnamomDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I have gone to Ciao twice now and enjoyed it both times. The first visit we opted for the pizza and weren't disappointed, it was wonderful. This time we decided to try the entrees and wow! The place can be a tiny bit noisy but that's okay especially since we've been on Friday nights both times. I suspect it's a little less so during the week. The owner came over to sit with us for bit and the wait staff was very friendly. We've been recommending Ciao to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian Food!ChoYonDined on 7/3/2014My family and I thoroughly enjoyed dining at Ciao Osteria. The food was so delicious, and the service was great. They definitely have the best Italian food in the area. We will certainly be going back.Special Features:
- Ciao CentrevilleGRM78Dined on 6/29/2014Great new Italian spot in Centreville--pleasant, neighborhood friendly atmosphere. Food was great, with ample variety/selections available. Staff friendly and cheery--wonderful change from large chain, assembly line experience we so often get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Ciao Osteria reviews archive.