Ciao Italia Ristorante - I - Drive
6149 Westwood blvd
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ciao Italia Ristorante - I - Drive
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciaoitaliaonline.com/
- Phone: 4073540770x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincenzo Navarra
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering to go. Please contact us for details. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, Valentines Day, September dining month.
A word from Ciao Italia Ristorante - I - Drive
Ciao Italia Ristorante was founded in 1991, in Orlando, Fl, by Antonio and Josie Navarra. Both natives of Italy, Antonio from Salerno and Josie from Palermo. Today, the Navarra family business not only consists of Antonio and Josie, but their three children as well, Carmen, Vincenzo and Vanessa. Each member is a key factor at Ciao, and what has made this restaurant one of the oldest restaurants on International Drive today, and which is why Ciao Italia is 3 year in a row Zagat award winner, with a high ranking of 28 in food. In addition, to Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. The Navarra Family, looks forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ciao Italia Ristorante - I - Drive - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ciao Italia Ristorante - I - Drive reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (11)romantic (11)good for groups (6)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Always the best experienceTheLovesDined on 9/22/2014This is the real thing if you love Italian food this is it don't pass it upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch service, delicious menuGopherGirlVIPDined on 9/15/2014We stopped here after a busy day at the parks and shopping. Very warm and responsive service. The menu is large enough that everyone can find something they like, but not so big that it overwhelms. Everyone in our party of four enjoyed their dish very much. The chef gives attention to little details like a nice rustic bread and balsamic olive dipping sauce and uses a light hand with the homemade sauces. The location is so-so (strip mall with neon sign blaring in the windows), but it doesn't detract from the overall experience. Recommend.Special Features:
- OMG, best Italian food in Orlando!!ChefPintsPicksDined on 9/13/2014Some friends and I were in town for the weekend and this place was recommended to us by the concierge desk of our hotel. It was tucked away in a plaza just off the highway, not what you would expect by where it is located but the food was amazing!! They were warm and welcoming, our waiter took excellent care of us and always made sure to check to see if we needed anything but not pushy. The Lobster Bisque and Caprese salad were exceptional, the pasta dishes were full of flavor and fresh, and the desserts were the perfect end to the night. We each had a glass of wine that paired perfectly with our meals. I would definetly recommend it to others as a great place to eat plus it's away from the craziness of I Drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemmaportsVIPDined on 8/30/2014very good food and service, at reasonable prices. not bar service, except beer and wine, but the wine list is very good. a few excellent wines at wonderful prices. in all, a great meal.Special Features:
- MmpavlDined on 7/23/2014Delicious meal . limoncellomascarpone cake was bery yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddboyDined on 7/6/2014The food I did not find authentic and was not made very well. The risotto tasted like it was made with tap water and not very appetizing.
- Ciao Italiano. italian chow.bowlerbillDined on 6/27/2014Just off the beaten tourist path, tucked in a little shopping center. Once inside, it could pass as a four to five star restaurant. Extensive menu. Fantastic daily specials. Start with Lobster Bisque. Pray they have hazelnut gelato. Close to convention center.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodChowHoundVIPDined on 6/23/2014First, let me say that the food was fantastic. It truly matches up with some of NY's best Italian. The veal marsala was outstanding and the bolgnese sauce was top notch. But I had to get past the dumpy strip mall in which this lovely restaurant is located. Don't let the abandoned stores, trashy bar and garish liquor store deter you, the food at Ciao Italia is great.Special Features:
- Wonderful!DisappointedVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner! The staff was attentive, the food was amazing and the wine list excellent! Highly recommend this restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margaret BMargaretDined on 6/21/2014Best and most authentic Italian food in Orlando. I only wish I'd found it sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable FoodNoideeDined on 6/9/2014A must try place! The sauted calamari is one of a kind. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in OrlandoMassmanDined on 6/9/2014This place has the best Italian food in Orlando. This is a family owned restaurant. All the food is made to order. The bread is flown in from NY. It is worth every penny to go here. Way betta than Olive Garden if you want the highest quality Italian food in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Ciao Italia Ristorante - I - Drive reviews archive.
- What a Find!foodie215VIPDined on 5/3/2014Found this restaurant on Tripadvisor -- had great reviews and was off the beaten "theme park" track. Was absolutely wonderful!! A little difficult to find as it is in a strip mall but worth the search! Service was excellent and the food some of the best I have ever had. Can't wait to go back to Orlando and eat here again!Special Features:
- Disappointing for costwifeoffoodsnobDined on 4/29/2014Overpriced and average food. I ordered a chicken pasta dish. It was the driest chicken I recall ever having in a restaurant. Since I was part of a very large group, I did not send it back. The host ordered appetizers for the table, which were good, but not outstanding. I saw the bill at the end of the meal and was amazed at the high cost of the meal for the mediocre quality.
- Good dinner spotBirthdayDined on 4/28/2014We were in Orlando on vacation and found the restaurant to be close to our hotel. We thought to give it a try. We were there early in the evening so there wasn't much movement. The appearance of the shopping center does not give the greatest impression but the restaurant was worth the visit. Food was very good, good size protions.Special Features:
- great food, not great portionsluv2eatDined on 4/26/2014My wife and i were there for dinner on saturday for our first anniversay. We both thought the food was excellent but the portion sizes were not and we both left hungry.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Been coming for years when I am in town for our trade show. Wait staff always on top of everything. Food is first rate.Special Features:
- The real dealSonnyDined on 4/25/2014Not pretentious, great home made food, big tables or small available. Nice place, nice people nice food, what more would you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great real iatial food!JosterryDined on 4/25/2014Don't let the outside of the building fool you. This is wonderful real italian food with an exceptional staff.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!!SueflaDined on 4/22/2014The restaurant is very nice inside. We were greeted warmly and seated. The menu was very nice from pasta to meat dishes as well as fish. We enjoyed our meal and would highly recommend you to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMom3Dined on 4/18/2014Great meal at very reasonable prices! The surrounding stores are closed, but this restaurant was fabulous!!Special Features:
- Great first visitRobertDined on 4/10/2014Found this on Open table and decided to try. Tables a bit cozy but the food was great ! Nice attentive service and good dessert also. We will be back with friends for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atlocalguyVIPDined on 4/8/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we loved it. The food was outstanding and the service wad excellent. Do not let the location and outside appearance worry you. You will not be disappointed in trying this restaurant. We will be back on our next visit to Orlando.Special Features:
- Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014We were hoping to dine in a casual Italian restaurant and to spend a relaxed evening. The food was not better than average, main course was not even warm and when returning the plate, I felt like it was my fault. The waiter was pushing hard to sell us plates we would never think of ordering and he was just very pushy. We ordered a good bottle of Cabernet, but then the waiter recommended an other, Italian wine and mentioned that he usually sells for a higher price but today would give to us for the same price... To avoid further discussions, we took the Italian wine, but honestly was not worth the money at all. Would simply bot go back. Sorry ?Ciao Italia.
- Don't let the mall setting fool youLawpolDined on 4/2/2014Great food. Personal attention of a knowledgeable maitre d'm. Try the home-made Limoncello!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly ItalianAleatsDined on 3/26/2014Warm comfortable decor. Diverse selection of dishes well prepared and presented by friendly staff. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceCttravelerDined on 3/22/2014First decent wine. Next the bread, warm and with a deliciously hard crust. We shared the eggplant rollatini. They were warm on the outside and very cold in the middle - without much taste. One of us had tortellini with pesto which was tasty but over-cooked. Another meal we had was Pappardelle with wild boar meat and cherry tomato sauce. It was really delicious, very flavorful, but a bit greasy and marred once again by overcooking the pasta. One of us ordered another glass of wine which never came. When we told the waiter to just forget it, he said that he forgot and brought over some complimentary espresso. We also were informed that they do not have decaf capuccino. We skipped the dessert. I think there might be better choices in Orlando.
- Exceeded our expectationsPatnpattyDined on 3/22/2014We went here for the first time with a backup plan but didn't need one. The place is quaint, the staff are attentive, the food delicious and the prices reasonable! Thank you open table for helping me find the perfect family owned, off the beaten track Italian restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food,NBSJNDined on 3/18/2014Excellent service and food, authentic Italian menu, food and atmosphere. Highly recommend. Everyone in our party agreed this is a restaurant we WILL return to when visiting Orlando again!Special Features:
- divine cuisinereetDined on 3/15/2014I had eaten here twice and love the chicken dishes. My dining partner had the ravioli and it was delicious. Being an Italian it is very difficult to find food that taste like "mom/nana" makes and this is darn close. The meatballs were large and tender but I would have preferred a liitle more garlic to be added. The bread is amazing and that served as my dessert. I would recommend this restaurant to my Italian friends and relatives any day. Sometimes this restaurant can be quite noisy and others very quiet and romantic. A large wine selection was provided. Excellent wait staff...very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceBaileyDined on 3/15/2014I was looking for something in the Orlando convention area that was off the main drag and not a chain restaurant. This turned out to be a great choice. There were three of is in our party and we had a 6:45 reservation. When we arrived I wondered why I even needed a reservation but by 7:30 the place was filled and is clearly a hot spot for the locals. Good food and service as well as reasonable prices. It was just what we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic food!mfirpoDined on 3/13/2014Start to finish it was a great experience at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service mediocre foodEvelynVIPDined on 3/6/2014Good service mediocre food - most everything on menu filled out with spaghetti Prices reasonable for tourist area
- Very UnimpressiveWestonFredVIPDined on 3/1/2014I can see why this restaurant has been located in this dingy strip center since 1991. Very mediocre Italian food. So many better choices in the area.
- Excellent, beautiful, but noisyMichiganDined on 2/27/2014This was a great restaurant. When full the tables were not too close. The food was great. It was loud with everyone having fun with quite a few large groups. Difficult to talk across the table without talking very loud with our group of four. Not a good place for those with hearing aids, except the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a non-descript shoppingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/26/2014In a non-descript shopping center, next to a dry cleaner, this is an absolute gem! The food is fantastic - fresh, perfectly prepared. It is traditional Italian in virtually every way. And the service! Terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good value,Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2014Great local restaurant with very good food and menu variety. Wine list was good and the service was excellent. Very accomandating staff that was helpful when we had more people than reservation and they responded on a very busy night. This was a business dinner with customers and I would definately go back!!Special Features:
- CiaoK8t6Dined on 2/24/2014The ambiance is very nice. My companion enjoyed his veal parmesan but thought that the tomato sauce tasted like watered down sauce from a bottle. My lobster bisque was nice and his veggie chowder was tasteful but only contained potatoes and carrots without any green veggies like beans or peas. A little more effort on the veggies would be advisable. The waiter forgot to bring our bruschetta bread.
- Fantastic authentic ItalianVacationbumsDined on 2/22/2014Fantastic authentic Italian food with outstanding service! We had to wait a bit to get our order taken - the waiter gave us each an extra glass of wine to compensate. The tiramisu was to die for! Highly recommend for some awesome Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outEdsel1948Dined on 2/22/2014Recommended from the marriott front desk. Food was good, very hot out of the kitchen, service was very good. Nice wine list not too expensive but not cheap. We liked it.Special Features: