1514 US 41
Schererville, IN 46375Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ciaobellaonline.com/
- Phone: 2193226800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ciao Bella
Ciao Bella (which translates to "hello, beautiful") is a reminder that Italian food can be much more than lasagna, ravioli and spaghetti. "The Mediterranean diet is one of the best in the world". "Just good, authentic food made with love and passion. Pair with a beautiful wine and it's wonderful".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ciao Bella - Best Restaurants in Schererville ›
Ciao Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- very good local restaurantjvgkDined on 7/3/2014Poor service by our waiter Chris was the only thing that ruined this occasion. I would definitely revisit this establishment. The food was excellent and enjoyed by all of my party of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair meal with a pricey tabOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014If your looking for just a fair meal with a pricey tab, then this is the place to go. We sat outside. The sun was shining in our eyes, I noticed there were shades and no body lowered them. Someone did a burn out and the smell of burned rubber lingered. Your staff did apologize for the the incident, not our waiter but another waitress that was serving outside. Our waiter repeated our order as chicken parm which I would expect to hear from the staff at Around the Clock restaurant. The meal was just fair. The Chicken Parm was frozen chicken with melted cheese on it. The best part of our meal was the bread and olive oil.
- Definitely A Hidden Gem!!!!!ShesFunSizedDined on 6/22/2014Every time I go I get great service with great food! Never a long wait and my expectations are always met. I love their custom made Sangrias, bruschetta is to die for, and I never had a bad dish. You can taste the freshness of the ingredients in all their entrees from the pizza to the pasta and the salmon. DELICIOUS! I go several times throughout the year with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go!CstacyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Waitress was very good and very helpful! Just wish you could get your beer license so my husband would like to go there!Special Features:
- eata7otVIPDined on 6/13/2014Ciao Bella is one of my favorite places. It's cozy and somewhat casual, but also very exacting regarding food preparation. The bruschetta is the best I've had and the fried green olives - yum! The pizzas are inventive and the pastas have a light touch. What I especially like is spontaneously dropping by for a fine meal at a reasonable price rather than settling for fast food at a cheap price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psrnDined on 6/10/2014We went for dinner on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was packed and very noisy. Service was fair, food nothing special. No outdoor dining.
- The experience was greatFreqBtrmkPkWokDined on 5/24/2014The service, from the hostess, to wait staff, and owner, were friendly and enjoyable. The food selection and flavor were perfect. We enjoyed our dinner and were treated like family. Besides dinner, we enjoyed a brunch at Ciao Bella not too long ago. Thanks for the great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great experiencepanfilfamilyVIPDined on 5/15/2014we love that we have a quaint restaurant that is not a franchise or chain restaturant here in our area. Delicious food, and always great service. Danielle always does a superb jot taking care of our table.Special Features:
- Saturday early dinnerMsKentuckyDined on 5/10/2014Staff was accommodating, as I had to change our reservation details twice. We dined at 5:30, so the crowd was smaller, bit the noise level rose due to loud, pulsating music-horrible to relax by. Our waiter was thorough and helpful, but moved so quickly and was sweating profusely, we felt rushed and unimportant. The meal was delicious. Everything was prepared and presented well. Rack of lamb and risotto were amazing. I will not be quick to return due to the noise level and frantic pace. Diners should feel relaxed-I did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Ciao Bella reviews archive.
- Fine Dining at Its BestFineDiningDined on 4/27/2014Excellent Food, Perfect Cocktails, Fine Service. We had melt in your mouth heavenly filet with a creamy sauce, touch of mint, pure heaven. Full bar with perfectly made drinks. Attentive, warm, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Besides the 45 minute wait even with having a reservation made on Open Table, everything was great! I will definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Hideawaymh2014Dined on 4/6/2014I have had a great experience dining here every time I have gone. Whether it was for a quick lunch or a special occasion, the ambiance is always perfect. My mom and I had plans for another restaurant for NYE (apparently it was a high end steakhouse... recently went out of business with good reason...) but were appaled at the attitude there. We made last minute reservations at 4pm on NYE and Ciao Bella got us right in! Pricing is reasonable and you always get the best quality dishes every time. The waitstaff is friendly and attentive (Chris is great, always serves us when we go). I love the atmosphere; they have entertainment on Fridays, etc. with great performers. Overall, I can't say a bad thing about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciao BellaDaisysKayDined on 3/28/2014Decided on this restaurant for a nicer birthday dinner for myself and a girl friend. The restaurant is decorated nice and good atmosphere. The waiter seemed short and to the point with us. Nothing really too friendly or inviting. Almost like he didn't want to take us serious because of our age. (Early twenties) The food and wine we both greatly enjoyed. I put in a request through Open Table with Ciao Bella for a cannoli to be brought out after dinner with a Happy Birthday written on the plate. Of course that didn't happen so I was disappointed. Will go back, but won't expect much from the staff again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet gone awryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2014We went to Ciao Bella because we wanted to try Tony's italian restaurant. The pasta's were superb! However, the mussels had gone bad and we sent them back as a first course and the rack of lamb was so fatty that we would have sent them back but the brand new waiter was so nervous and scared we didn't because we don't like to complain. Wouldn't go back.
- No atmosphere; Not worth itfoodiemomDined on 3/27/2014MIght be good for carryout as the food was not bad, but if you have the time and want a real night out with good ambiance (date night, special occasion) I would make the trip up to Chicago. I feel that a good restaurant that is charging upscale prices for food should provide an appropriate atmosphere for enjoying the meal, and Ciao Bella misses the mark. The blinds were all up and it was dinner time (after 7pm) so there was way too much light, and we got to stare at all the cars in the parking lot as we were seated right next to the window. I don't like the server pouring me more of our $50+ wine without asking, either. He then packaged our wine "to go" before offering dessert. Overall, poor dining in experience. Will not return.Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Service is top-notch and only matched by the consistent food. We had reservations but still needed to wait about 20 min. I only assume that no one is rushed. This is a good thing and the bar is a nice place to wait. We have eaten many times here and always on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise in IndianaTomwasabiDined on 3/15/2014The food was very good. The wait staff was better. We told the hosts that we were going to the theatre and we had limited time. They were very attentive to this and brought our food very quickly. I would recommend this spot to anyone.Special Features:
- CiaoFoodieDined on 3/7/2014I always enjoy eating here. Good food, service, ambience; all of my dates enjoy Ciao Bella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Friendly StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I had the Chicken Parmesan and found it to be delicious and it generous proportions. Staff was super friendly and helpful in picking out wine and dinner. My only complaint was that it was a bit cold in the restaurant, especially near the windows, but with the winter we're having, that might just be something they have little control over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome As UsualjmjmDined on 2/15/2014Once again a wonderful dining experience. We frequent Ciao Bella as often as possible and truly enjoy each and every meal.Special Features:
- Raising the barthinkoutsidetheboxDined on 2/14/2014Even though this was my first experience at Ciao Bella, assuming the restaurant would be a bit more calm, I was impressed by the vibrant atmosphere (and perhaps since it was Valentine's Day and the olympic's week on the television monitors) and the service with a full house at hand. The pianist on Friday night playing in the background definitely fit the ambiance of the setting. Food and dessert was exquisite. Even if it was simply ravioli and chocolate dessert, I was convinced that quality over quantity was very much appropriate in Ciao Bella. I highly recommend Ciao Bella for a nice romantic evening out with your significant other.Special Features:
- Awesome!EathanDined on 2/14/2014We love Ciao Bella! Very classy restaurant, great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightdatenightDined on 2/13/2014I thought the food was very good and we had a great waiter. The drawback was that it was very busy and very loud. The tables were very close together, so it took away from the romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great resterantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014every time i visit i do not get disappointed food is always good i recommend trying some of there special menu items i had a seafood linguini it was outstanding my wife had the filet she said it wasn't like last time , it was a bit fatty and chewy otherwise it is greatSpecial Features:
- Love Chris our waiter. HeChsloverVIPDined on 1/29/2014Love Chris our waiter. He is always top notch. Food is always superb!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined in mid-afternoon,eata7otVIPDined on 1/18/2014We dined in mid-afternoon, right around the time that shifts were changing. Although the restaurant was quiet, it also seemed like everyone was a little disorganized. My companion did not receive what he ordered, which meant he was waiting while I was eating. Our server was very apologetic, but it was somewhat uncomfortable for us. Usually the food is exceptionally good and very fresh at Ciao Bella, but this time, our salads were a little wilted. Since it was mid-afternoon, we tried the panini instead of entrees. We were a little disappointed in them too, as the bread was somewhat soggy instead of crisp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a disappointing experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/12/2014Overall a disappointing experience. Pricey for an Indiana restaurant.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We had to wabi about 35 minutes for our table. The staff was friendly while we waited but there just isn't enough room to all sit while we waited. Also wish we didn't have to pay full price for a child's spaghetti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go back on a Tuesday!KellyDined on 12/31/2013We tried Ciao Bella for the first time on New Year's Eve. It was jam-packed (and consequently VERY loud), but we didn't have to wait too long for our reserved table. Our waitress was charming and thoughtful. The food was prompt even though the kitchen had to have been a madhouse, and everything was delicious. Our waitress said Tuesdays are much quieter, so we'll be going back to have a nice conversation over a great meal. (I believe she also said Wednesdays are half-price bottles of wine.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wish i found soonerdubbingtonDined on 12/2/2013I'm going to keep this short. The food was awesome and the service was beyond expectations. Great for dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLovetoeatDined on 10/19/2013This was my second time here and the food was fresh and good both times. My portion of pasta was on the smaller side (I ordered the ravioli). I've ordered the chicken parmigiana last time and it was very good. 2 breast, and I wound up taking leftovers home. The bread is good with olive oil as an appetizer! Be careful not to fill up! Also, keep in mind, this restaurant only serves wine. We did not know that until my bf asked what beer was on tap... and nothing was the answer. Not a big deal; we just ordered a bottle of wine instead. So expect that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundcareyteameatsDined on 10/18/2013this was my second time at this establishment. overall we had a good nightSpecial Features:
- Very disappointing!FoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2013Went on a Saturday at 6pm. They already had a singer playing in the bar area. We were seated at a table on the bar side. I have never been to a restaurant where the singer was already performing at 6pm. Usually they don't start until 9pm. Maybe 8pm in the suburbs. Nothing wrong with the singer, but it was sooooo loud, i couldn't even talk across the table to my wife let alone barely hear the waiter. I had to yell to be heard. It was ridiculous. The food was not very good either. I have had Chicken/Veal Picatta, or Limon about 200 times or more, at many, many restaurants. Definitely not very good. Had to find the waiter every time to get another glass of wine. I was empty for at least 10 minutes each time while i looked for him. Not Good.
- Growing! Let's help them continue.UrbaneHoosierDined on 10/4/2013Some of the best Italian food and ambiance in NW Indiana, if not THE best. Giovanni's and Cafe Borgia in Munster are very good. And Lucrezia in Chesterton / Crown Point does a great job at casual Italian in refined settings. However, Ciao Bella's food quality is just a little better across the board. When you walk in, you can tell the owner loves Italy, and has actually been there. Getting started in the restaurant business is difficult due to our "blue collar" culture; so, while I feel the location doesn't do the restaurant justice, I understand the owner's selection. CB has been successful in that it has expanded to a larger part of the building it occupies, which is great. I hope NW Indiana continues to support this great venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expectactionsalg1Dined on 9/21/2013Again Ciao Bella exceeded my expectations. Their problem is that I don't know how you can exceed GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Romantic DatesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013This restaurant was awesome. We very arrived early and were still seated immediately. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals as well as the wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well run restaurantFoodieDined on 8/31/2013You will enjoy a visit to Ciao Bella; good food, good wine list, good service, knowledgeable wait staff. This was a nice First Date restaurant. She enjoyed it as much as I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2013I've been here quite a few times and I'm never disappointed! Love it! It's my neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversaryalg1Dined on 8/13/2013Everything was absolutely perfect. The evening couldn't have been more perfect. The flowers I had ordered were sitting on our table, even though we had arrived about 10 minutes early. The food was superb and served in a timely fashion. not too fast, not too slow. The tiramisu was absolutely the best my wife and I have ever had. Just can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Nice find for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2013Looking for an alternative to our typical Chicago or South Suburbs for dinner and a show, we trekked over to Schererville... When we arrived (8:30 on Fri night), we were seated immediately. I had the shrimp/calamari app, wife had salad and minestrone. Oh yeah, my wife love her starters. For the meal, I sub whitefish for the seared ahi tuna (not a fan of less than cooked fish) entree on spinach and asparagus with fried artichoke. I loved it. My wife went traditional and ordered penne pasta with a spicy meat sauce and she loved it...so much that she put in another order to supplement her leftovers. In a nutshell, we had a great experience--against a backdrop of live music playing in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.