1514 US 41
Schererville, IN 46375Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ciaobellaonline.com/
- Phone: (219) 322-6800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ciao Bella
Ciao Bella (which translates to "hello, beautiful") is a reminder that Italian food can be much more than lasagna, ravioli and spaghetti. "The Mediterranean diet is one of the best in the world". "Just good, authentic food made with love and passion. Pair with a beautiful wine and it's wonderful".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ciao Bella - Best Restaurants in Schererville ›
Ciao Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (14)special occasion (11)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Ciao Bella..Buono!!!GGIndy55Dined on 11/16/2014Very finiky about Italian food, having worked in the food service for 40 yrs. checked out this place a couple of weeks ago, enjoyed it. Went back for a family birthday dinner., was not disappointed. Very good , waitstaff knowlagable, great time all around! recommend, will frequent Ciao Bella!!Special Features:
- Wine List Only Notable ItemSarahDined on 11/8/2014We waiting just over 20 minutes even with an reservation. Someone who walked in 15 minutes after us was seated before we were and we had to ask when our table was ready. We were buttoning our coats to walk out when they showed us to our table. The wine list is excellent and is notable to this. The seared salmon entree was very good and was cooked as you would expect seared salmon to be. The veal with vesuvio sauce was mediocre; the sauce did not have enough rosemary in it and mostly tasted like gravy. The potatoes were broiled too much so the ends were burnt. Asparagus was mushy. The side of pasta was a nice tough but it was almost too al dente and needed to be put in the water they use to warm it back up longer. Tiramasu was good.Special Features:
- my experience with Ciao Bellaboosgirl94Dined on 11/2/2014I admit I was disappointed that I got a table near the noisy bar and seated less than 2ft away from another table with a family I expected better seating since I had a reservation more than a week ahead of time and they had plenty of open tables. It was awkward being so close to another filled table, put a damper on our anniversary. You'd think since you pay $15+ a plate you could get a decent table. Also I was disappointed that there weren't more sides. But the food overall was great. And I love it when restaurants have cloth napkins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummoDined on 10/30/2014We had a lovely dinner and food was terrific. We had a great table, a bit private but still apart of the atmosphere. The server was great, explained well the entree's and specials.Special Features:
- Very busy on a Friday night!CstacyVIPDined on 10/24/2014We didn't expect it to be soooo busy! Good for the restaurant but uncomfortable for us! We will remember to avoid Fridays or come in earlier!Special Features:
- Ciao Bella Experienceout2dineDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I had dinner at Ciao Bella Friday evening and everything was excellent. I had the lasagna, which was just the right portion, and my wife had a chicken pasta dish. The food and service were excellent. There is an extensive wine list that would suit anyone's palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014The owner is very personable, creating a family-like atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointspanfilfamilyVIPDined on 10/7/2014great service, server recommended a wonderful red wine for our table, another server who recoegnized us from prior visits came over to chat for a moment. Food was excellent as alwaysSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014My wife and I have been there numerous times and have never been disappointed. Good food, good service and a wonderful dining experience. You get a downtown experience at half the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tmb2525Dined on 9/13/2014I have been here many times and the food is always great and Saturday was no different except for the service. If I could give negative stars based on service I would. We were sat and menus were dropped off our waitress came bace 2 minutes later to take our order and we asked to come back, she came back 30 minutes later after we asked another server to get her. Order drinks, app and our meal then. We had to ask her 3 times about our app which she blamed on the kitchen. Got app 25 minutes later as soon as the app came our meal came which one dish was wrong. Not only did it take her 10 minutes to come to the table she was snotty about the wrong dish and once again blamed the kitchen. Brought the correct dish after table was almost doneSpecial Features:
- JustMeDined on 9/13/2014ALl was good except that I don't like having a television with view of my table.Special Features:
- Ciao Bella experiencelikes2travelDined on 9/12/2014We had a great first experience dining at Ciao Bella in Schererville Indiana. The atmosphere was cozy and the service was exceptional. They have an extensive wine list. Our meals were tasty with ingredients that were fresh. On the downside, the noise level was high and it was hard to have a conversation with my dining companion. However overall I would recommend Ciao Bella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FareMarkDined on 9/9/2014This place is a great alternative to eating Italian in Chicago if you don't feel like making the drive or spending the money. This restaurant is charming and has a nice but small outdoor seating area during the summer. The menu has a lot of familiar Italian fare that includes several homemade dishes that are delicious, and their drink menu includes a decent list of wines and cocktails. Prices are reasonable but more comparable to what you may pay in Chicago for decent Italian. I have always experienced knowledgable and attentive service. Definitely a gem for the Northwest Indiana area and a great place to eat if you're in the mood for Italian. Reservations aren't required but I would recommend making one just in case as it can get busy.Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Ciao Bella reviews archive.
- very good local restaurantjvgkDined on 7/3/2014Poor service by our waiter Chris was the only thing that ruined this occasion. I would definitely revisit this establishment. The food was excellent and enjoyed by all of my party of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair meal with a pricey tabOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014If your looking for just a fair meal with a pricey tab, then this is the place to go. We sat outside. The sun was shining in our eyes, I noticed there were shades and no body lowered them. Someone did a burn out and the smell of burned rubber lingered. Your staff did apologize for the the incident, not our waiter but another waitress that was serving outside. Our waiter repeated our order as chicken parm which I would expect to hear from the staff at Around the Clock restaurant. The meal was just fair. The Chicken Parm was frozen chicken with melted cheese on it. The best part of our meal was the bread and olive oil.
- Definitely A Hidden Gem!!!!!ShesFunSizedDined on 6/22/2014Every time I go I get great service with great food! Never a long wait and my expectations are always met. I love their custom made Sangrias, bruschetta is to die for, and I never had a bad dish. You can taste the freshness of the ingredients in all their entrees from the pizza to the pasta and the salmon. DELICIOUS! I go several times throughout the year with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go!CstacyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Waitress was very good and very helpful! Just wish you could get your beer license so my husband would like to go there!Special Features:
- eata7otVIPDined on 6/13/2014Ciao Bella is one of my favorite places. It's cozy and somewhat casual, but also very exacting regarding food preparation. The bruschetta is the best I've had and the fried green olives - yum! The pizzas are inventive and the pastas have a light touch. What I especially like is spontaneously dropping by for a fine meal at a reasonable price rather than settling for fast food at a cheap price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psrnDined on 6/10/2014We went for dinner on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was packed and very noisy. Service was fair, food nothing special. No outdoor dining.
- The experience was greatFreqBtrmkPkWokDined on 5/24/2014The service, from the hostess, to wait staff, and owner, were friendly and enjoyable. The food selection and flavor were perfect. We enjoyed our dinner and were treated like family. Besides dinner, we enjoyed a brunch at Ciao Bella not too long ago. Thanks for the great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great experiencepanfilfamilyVIPDined on 5/15/2014we love that we have a quaint restaurant that is not a franchise or chain restaturant here in our area. Delicious food, and always great service. Danielle always does a superb jot taking care of our table.Special Features:
- Saturday early dinnerMsKentuckyDined on 5/10/2014Staff was accommodating, as I had to change our reservation details twice. We dined at 5:30, so the crowd was smaller, bit the noise level rose due to loud, pulsating music-horrible to relax by. Our waiter was thorough and helpful, but moved so quickly and was sweating profusely, we felt rushed and unimportant. The meal was delicious. Everything was prepared and presented well. Rack of lamb and risotto were amazing. I will not be quick to return due to the noise level and frantic pace. Diners should feel relaxed-I did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at Its BestFineDiningDined on 4/27/2014Excellent Food, Perfect Cocktails, Fine Service. We had melt in your mouth heavenly filet with a creamy sauce, touch of mint, pure heaven. Full bar with perfectly made drinks. Attentive, warm, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2014Besides the 45 minute wait even with having a reservation made on Open Table, everything was great! I will definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Hideawaymh2014Dined on 4/6/2014I have had a great experience dining here every time I have gone. Whether it was for a quick lunch or a special occasion, the ambiance is always perfect. My mom and I had plans for another restaurant for NYE (apparently it was a high end steakhouse... recently went out of business with good reason...) but were appaled at the attitude there. We made last minute reservations at 4pm on NYE and Ciao Bella got us right in! Pricing is reasonable and you always get the best quality dishes every time. The waitstaff is friendly and attentive (Chris is great, always serves us when we go). I love the atmosphere; they have entertainment on Fridays, etc. with great performers. Overall, I can't say a bad thing about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciao BellaDaisysKayDined on 3/28/2014Decided on this restaurant for a nicer birthday dinner for myself and a girl friend. The restaurant is decorated nice and good atmosphere. The waiter seemed short and to the point with us. Nothing really too friendly or inviting. Almost like he didn't want to take us serious because of our age. (Early twenties) The food and wine we both greatly enjoyed. I put in a request through Open Table with Ciao Bella for a cannoli to be brought out after dinner with a Happy Birthday written on the plate. Of course that didn't happen so I was disappointed. Will go back, but won't expect much from the staff again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet gone awryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2014We went to Ciao Bella because we wanted to try Tony's italian restaurant. The pasta's were superb! However, the mussels had gone bad and we sent them back as a first course and the rack of lamb was so fatty that we would have sent them back but the brand new waiter was so nervous and scared we didn't because we don't like to complain. Wouldn't go back.
- No atmosphere; Not worth itfoodiemomDined on 3/27/2014MIght be good for carryout as the food was not bad, but if you have the time and want a real night out with good ambiance (date night, special occasion) I would make the trip up to Chicago. I feel that a good restaurant that is charging upscale prices for food should provide an appropriate atmosphere for enjoying the meal, and Ciao Bella misses the mark. The blinds were all up and it was dinner time (after 7pm) so there was way too much light, and we got to stare at all the cars in the parking lot as we were seated right next to the window. I don't like the server pouring me more of our $50+ wine without asking, either. He then packaged our wine "to go" before offering dessert. Overall, poor dining in experience. Will not return.Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Service is top-notch and only matched by the consistent food. We had reservations but still needed to wait about 20 min. I only assume that no one is rushed. This is a good thing and the bar is a nice place to wait. We have eaten many times here and always on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise in IndianaTomwasabiDined on 3/15/2014The food was very good. The wait staff was better. We told the hosts that we were going to the theatre and we had limited time. They were very attentive to this and brought our food very quickly. I would recommend this spot to anyone.Special Features:
- CiaoFoodieDined on 3/7/2014I always enjoy eating here. Good food, service, ambience; all of my dates enjoy Ciao Bella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Friendly StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I had the Chicken Parmesan and found it to be delicious and it generous proportions. Staff was super friendly and helpful in picking out wine and dinner. My only complaint was that it was a bit cold in the restaurant, especially near the windows, but with the winter we're having, that might just be something they have little control over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome As UsualjmjmDined on 2/15/2014Once again a wonderful dining experience. We frequent Ciao Bella as often as possible and truly enjoy each and every meal.Special Features:
- Raising the barthinkoutsidetheboxDined on 2/14/2014Even though this was my first experience at Ciao Bella, assuming the restaurant would be a bit more calm, I was impressed by the vibrant atmosphere (and perhaps since it was Valentine's Day and the olympic's week on the television monitors) and the service with a full house at hand. The pianist on Friday night playing in the background definitely fit the ambiance of the setting. Food and dessert was exquisite. Even if it was simply ravioli and chocolate dessert, I was convinced that quality over quantity was very much appropriate in Ciao Bella. I highly recommend Ciao Bella for a nice romantic evening out with your significant other.Special Features:
- Awesome!EathanDined on 2/14/2014We love Ciao Bella! Very classy restaurant, great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightdatenightDined on 2/13/2014I thought the food was very good and we had a great waiter. The drawback was that it was very busy and very loud. The tables were very close together, so it took away from the romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great resterantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014every time i visit i do not get disappointed food is always good i recommend trying some of there special menu items i had a seafood linguini it was outstanding my wife had the filet she said it wasn't like last time , it was a bit fatty and chewy otherwise it is greatSpecial Features:
- Love Chris our waiter. HeChsloverVIPDined on 1/29/2014Love Chris our waiter. He is always top notch. Food is always superb!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined in mid-afternoon,eata7otVIPDined on 1/18/2014We dined in mid-afternoon, right around the time that shifts were changing. Although the restaurant was quiet, it also seemed like everyone was a little disorganized. My companion did not receive what he ordered, which meant he was waiting while I was eating. Our server was very apologetic, but it was somewhat uncomfortable for us. Usually the food is exceptionally good and very fresh at Ciao Bella, but this time, our salads were a little wilted. Since it was mid-afternoon, we tried the panini instead of entrees. We were a little disappointed in them too, as the bread was somewhat soggy instead of crisp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a disappointing experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/12/2014Overall a disappointing experience. Pricey for an Indiana restaurant.