Ciao Bella Ristorante & Piano Bar
703 Denman Street
Vancouver, BC V6G 2L6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Ciao Bella Ristorante & Piano Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciaobellavancouver.ca/
- Phone: 6046885771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: K SUMRA
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: ciao bella fully equipped to do the catering from minimum20 people to 200 people catering contact Mario at 604 230 9996
- Private Party Facilities: Ciao Bella can accommodate private parties up to 60 people. We can serve a pre-set menu or Italian style party menu.
- Private Party Contact: MARIO OR TONY 6046885771
- Entertainment: Ciao Bella offers live piano entertainment Wednesday to sunday evenings Pianist Glen Stevenson, who has performed on numerous cruise ships and International Hotels for the past 25 years. Glen has an extensive repertoire ranging from ragtime to the classics.
- Special Events: ciao bella offers great set dinners and live entertainment on all special days valentines mothers day new years and so
- Cross Street: Alberni
- Public Transit: No 5 Robson street bus stops at Robson and Denman . Another close public transport stop is on Georgia and Denman.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ciao Bella offers free parking after 6 pm at the rear of the restaurant . Otherwise, there is street meter parking or there are two close by public pay parking. One is at Alberni and Cardero Street next to the Chevron gas station or a second at the end of north side of Denman as you cross Georgia Street. We are very close to the entrance to Stanley Park.
A word from Ciao Bella Ristorante & Piano Bar
Step into a little Italy. This cozy, romantic restaurant has 65 seats inside and outdoor heated patio, along with a live piano bar. Ciao Bella's authentic Italian atmosphere is perfect for a romantic dinner or private parties at Ciao Bella. Dishes are made daily, fresh and on premise. Ciao Bella offers a large variety of seafood, charcoal grilled chicken, veal and vegetarian as well as a choice of a dozen different kinds of pasta and over 20 different sauces which are made fresh as well as baked dishes. All pasta 50% off on Monday, Tuesday and everyday lunch. Every evening, a $24.95 three course and $29.95 four course menu is offered. Ciao Bella hosts a Salmon festival in August Lobster Festival every September Seafood festival in October, wild Game and Mushroom festival . Enjoy 1lb lobster with side pasta or vegetables for $29.95 as well as four course Lobster dinner for $29.95 in January. Ciao Bella has live piano entertainment every Wednesday to Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ciao Bella Ristorante & Piano Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We always find the food great, staff friendly and service greatSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceCookieDined on 7/18/2014I don't live in Vancouver, we have come into town twice for this restaurant, great food and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- It is okLemoroDined on 5/9/2014Tables are very close, service and food are average, I'll be back but didn't impress meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 221 reviews are from the Ciao Bella Ristorante & Piano Bar reviews archive.
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great find. Excellent food. Been to the restaurant 3 times in the last 6 weeks. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable eveningbrighton63Dined on 3/29/2014Was had by all. It was my first visit and my birthday.we arrived at 8 and were the last to leave around 11.we were never hurried or rushed ,a truly European meal Type experience.the food was great the prices good and service was friendly We will definately returnSpecial Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2014I had one of the best lemon veal dishes anywhere. Really enjoyed the whole meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice piano bar!Ck604Dined on 3/9/2014Live music is hard to find now days in restaurants. Drop by this little restaurant and enjoy some fine wine and dine! Live singer who plays the piano excel the dining experience. What a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are better for Valentines Daydinner42Dined on 2/14/2014The staff seemed nice but they seemed to want to rush us through dinner. Maybe because they wanted a higher turnover. Their only choice for Valentines was a set dinner with 4 courses and 3 selections per course $59.00. Their pasta sauce was watery although the chicken I had was okay. Stuffed fish was good with a spicy fruit salsa. The entertainment was a singer and piano player, who were okay but they may have been better served with a sound system.
- Always a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014friendly service, good food, enjoyed the pianist. Will returnSpecial Features:
- The overall of the restaurantJostayrealDined on 1/30/2014The overall of the restaurant is terrific, the only thing need to be improved is the service. The service is not bad, however, it could be better to make the restuarant more popolared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been here before whenLewisDined on 1/28/2014I've been here before when it was not dine out. this was the best experience. I loved the lamb, lobster bisque soup and of course the crème brulee. If it is not on the regular menu, it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out DisappointmentLeisurelyDinerDined on 1/28/2014That was my first time to visit Ciao Bella and my friends and I all love Italian food. As soon as we sat down we were handed the menus and given perhaps 2 minutes to look at them before the waiter (manager?) came to take our order. In spite of our efforts to keep the pace leisurely, we were hounded to order, our VERY GOOD FOOD came within minutes, cleared promptly and we were not offered coffee to have with dessert. We were all offended by our waiter and do not intend to return which is a shame because the food was really quite good and they even provide free parking. Portions were moderate - this is the first time EVER that none of us left with a doggie bag!
- Excellent eveningDinnerfor4Dined on 1/25/2014We were warmly welcomed and invited into the restaurant by the host. He kindly guided us to the bar so we could relax and wait for our table And offered us beverages while we waited. With such an intimate restaurant every table was a great location to enjoy the pianist And still carry on a delightful conversation over dinner. The food was superb! My Husband is a picky Italian and he was very pleased with the quality, presentation and the Quantity of the fresh food. To top a fabulous meal is a challenge, however, it was done. Even on a busy Saturday night with plenty of Dinner seatings to go, we were did not feel any pressure to leave or rush. We look forward to Dining at ciao Bella again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homely ItalianCarolLDined on 1/25/2014A neighbourhood gem that sure knows how to make their regulars feel right at home. There's always good food and wine to be had here. Just be sure to pack along good company.Special Features:
- loved the live piano playingGrinkleDined on 1/24/2014the service was friendly and considerate. The piano was lovely. I am planning to take my father next time he's in town as everything was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Great italian!!DaterDined on 1/24/2014I love it!!! Our first date night on this restaurant. I thought it wasn't that great because I read some comments from the Internet but you'd have to try it to see and know how everything is.. To me, food was great! I could eat both my share and my partners! Was late for my reservation for 30 min and they still gave us a seat and transfered us to where we wanted to seat. Food were priced right. Everything's worthit! Well done! I will for sure come back for another date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love it hereDisgustingVIPDined on 1/24/2014Just a great, comfy place with good food and nice ambiance. Always love to go here.Special Features:
- Great PastaVanessaStarDined on 1/21/2014We were planning to do dine out there but ended up with pasta night as they had promo for their pasta on Monday & Tuesday nights. Great deal!Special Features:
- Mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2014Somewhat disappointing. We appreciate things being busy during DineOut but....... took ages for anyone to come and ask us about a drink and even longer to get one. After we ordered we expected to get some beverages but it took ages. Then the waiter came back and told us they had run out of the most popular entree so we all changed our orders (somewhat disappointed). Then the waiter came back and told us they had run out of vegetables --- what?? Ended up being served fish (which was OK) with a white sauce on it and it was complemented by penne with red sauce....hmmm....what chef would serve that combination? Not rushing back letting our dinner friends know it wasn't a good stop. To be fair, their creme brule was really quite nice!
- The restaurant was very busy,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014The restaurant was very busy, had a good vibe. Pianist added a nice atmosphere. Service was prompt and attentive. However my salmon was overcooked, and the caprese salad was sad - should have known better than to order that in January as the tomatoes had no particular flavour.Special Features:
- Good food, bad communicationFoodieDined on 1/18/2014My friends and I tried this restaurant during the Dine Out Vancouver festival. First of all, the quality and quantity of the food was excellent. However, they were not clear when describing their side dishes. The biggest problem was the manager: 3 of us arrived about 15 minutes early for our reservation but they chose to sit us down anyway. One person was about 20 minutes late, which is not that bad but the restaurant got busy by then. By the end, we were in a decent mood but the manager came over to advise us to arrive on time next time because other people were waiting for our table. It is by their discretion to sit us down early, so we felt that that comment was unnecessary. I don't think we'll be returning to Ciao Bella's.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014I came here during dine out Vancouver and took their 3 course meal pick. The food was great!! Atmosphere was very romantic. I really liked the piano bar they had going on in the background. I had a reserved a table and we were seated right away when we arrived. Only problem was the service. It was terrible! Once we got seated no one even came for 15 min, to finally get my dessert I had to wave down another sever. Overall nice place but service needs work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryGGA10Dined on 12/31/2013Fantastic food, service, price reasonable. Was recognized as repeat customerSpecial Features:
- Christmas Dining DisasterFoodie604Dined on 12/25/2013Booked a reservation through OpenTable at this restaurant for Christmas. Unfortunately when my family arrived there, none of the workers even glanced at us. I managed to get service by waving down one of the passing waitresses. After inquiring about our reservation, I was informed that the table was booked for the wrong number of people (even though I had the right number in the OpenTable confirmation). However after the waitress announced that, she left us to stand by the door until I waved her down after 10 minutes to ask what that was supposed to mean for us. She asked the manager and he basically said that we had to wait for an indeterminate amount of time for a table, so we left. Incredibly poor service.
- piano bar w/o pianoAlexanderDined on 12/25/2013The piano promised that day was not provided. Restaurant is great, however the owners maximize the reveniu by not stopping new visitors to enter even if there's absolutely no seats available. Long line up therefore is a norm on a busy day causing some inconvenience to those at the restaurant already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, average serviceRocketmanDined on 12/25/2013Was a pleasant experience. It was a very busy Christmas evening, so we weren't expecting an over the top level of service. Food was great and price was reasonable. Did get the 4 course dinner which was more than sufficient for our appetite. We highly recommend getting this instead of ordering from the menu as the portions in the four course dinner was just the right size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go!!DisappointedDined on 12/25/2013I am pretty forgiving when it comes to commenting on the food industry (having family members in the business) but this is not the case with this restaurant. The disappointments started right upon arrival.....no one greeted us for about 10 minutes even though we were right on time for our reservation. Upon being seated we were promptly told that we had to be done with our meal in 45 minutes or be moved to another table because another reservation was going to need our spot. The service was slow and forgetful. The worst was the food.....absolutely.totally bland and tasteless (how can you screw up Italian??). It was comical watching everyone trying to coach some flavor out of the food with added salt, pepper, and parmesan...to no avail.
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2013We are now regulars here as the service is always fantastic. It's a nice quiet place to take your loved one, or a few friends.Special Features:
- gave away reservation for 10patrickmcgillisDined on 12/7/2013Made a reservation for 10 people, was assured they could accommodate. All 10 of us show up and one staff claimed we didn't have a reservation, then when another corrected him, they basically shrugged their shoulders and said "sorry". Not cool
- excellent!Bg2013Dined on 11/17/2013We had fantastic experience at Ciao Bella. First time there for my birthday and it was the best choice of a restaurant I have ever made. The food was excellent, lots of choices. The piano only made the experience more delightful. Romantic atmosphere. Really recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The piano player was trulyRandRDined on 10/27/2013The piano player was truly the whole to the experience. Lovely service and a personal touch. A small city gem in a big city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemDaveDined on 10/25/2013This has become one of our favourite restaurants in Vancouver for a dinner that will meet every expectation for food and service. The staff and kitchen have not disappointed us or our guests from out of town in over four years now - excellent food and even better service with recommendations for all those "difficult" food requests. Great place to be on any night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smileNatsullyDined on 10/20/2013It really is the little things that add up. Ciao Bella consistently deliver great service from their senior staff. Friendly, warm, professional staff who take note of the little things and deliver time and time again. Our group was big and we got a little more rowdy than your usual Sunday night couple tables, but they smiled and served us everything we wanted (and then some!!) and joined in on our fun. The piano player is fantastic and she was playing into our group mood. Thank you Ciao Bella. It was my farewell party and you made it even more special with the little touches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!SharChrisDined on 10/2/2013We enjoy heading to Ciao Bella where we know we're going to get good food served by folks who are beginning to feel like family. :) There is no pretense here; just good old-fashioned Italian fare - and plenty of it! My boyfriend ordered penne carbonara and added chicken - which he enjoyed thoroughly - creamy, yummy and plentiful. I had linguine di mare - ditto. In fact, took half home which is not an unusual occurrence when dining at CB - the servings are generous and fairly priced. Add the entertaining touch of a very talented piano player/singer and the night is just right. Warning - depending on the night and the hour, the live music can be a tad loud but only if you're sitting right next to it. Still, it's always really great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightPaisleiDined on 9/27/2013Had a great seat beside the piano. Very romantic, not too loud. The waitress was knowledgable re: wine. Food delicious, very classic Italian but with a chef's twist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate!puttiDined on 9/6/2013I was looking forward to going to Ciao Bella, as I live a block away and walk by the restaurant many times. Plus I was taking my best friend there for his birthday, so I wanted the meal to turn out well. 1: Arrived on time but Manager/owner was talking with wait staff at the bar for 3 mins before acknowledgement 2: Made reservation online on Open Table. They couldn't find it. 3: Had to ask for the bread. Shouldn't it come to the table automatically? 4. Waiter did not tell us the specials or restrictions. 5. So many restrictions on Entertainment coupon. Order appetizer 5 mins after entrees, but brought appetizer out 15 mins after entree? 6. Pasta not freshly made. Tasted like dried ones from box. 7. Waited 15 mins for the bill.
- Love this place!NomnomDined on 9/4/2013As usual, Ciao Bella does not disappoint! The pastas here are delicious, I had the gnocchi gorgonzola and the sauce was so creamy and rich, boyfriend had the specialty of the house, gamberoni e cape sante, tiger prawns and jumbo scallops, these menus dont lie, they were proper large jumbo prawns and scallops cooked to perfection. This is my favorite restaurant to come to for a nice night out. Parking in the back is always an added bonus as well in downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemtonkaDined on 8/29/2013I don't go to downtown for restaurant dining experience that much mainly because of parking and CIAO BELLA has a few spots at the back of the restaurant and I really liked it. My partner and I celebrated our anniversary at the place and we were delighted by how the pianist playing at the background while we were having our dinner. it was both our first time in the restaurant and we enjoyed it! Thank you and we will visit again.We loved how the waiter came to our table and asked how our dinner went then casually pulled out something from his pocket and started collecting bread crumbs from the table and leisurely said: "you wouldn't like that on your elbows now !" its an awesome service!!! never seen that in anywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music was great. Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2013Music was great. Our server was great. Nothing negative to say.Special Features:
- Best Italian Food in Vancouverpebbles1633VIPDined on 6/12/2013Our first time at this restaurant. We were greated by one of the owners upon our arrival, who was very welcoming and made us feel like we were guests in his home. We ordered Penne Pasta Bolognese with Meatballs, which was a huge portion and exceptionally tasty! Sauce is authentic Italian! My mom ordered the Spinach Manicotti, which were so stuffed with ricotta and spinach, and goozing with cheese....delicious...our appetizer was the Calamari...they are cooked in a tomatoe base, which was so tasty, then dip the Italian bread into the sauce....plenty of wine choices....this was one of the best meals I had in Vancouver....will recommend and will be back!Special Features: