Ciao Bella - Lee's Summit
235 SE Main St.
Lees Summit, MO 64063Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ciao Bella - Lee's Summit
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ciaobelladowntown.com/
- Phone: 8165542442
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eric Brooks
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ciao Bella - Lee's Summit
Located in the heart of downtown Lee's Summit, Ciao! Bella serves up great southern Italian cuisine in a warm, yet upscale environment. We offer traditional Italian favorites such as Chicken Parmesan and Spaghetti with meatballs, but also have some new favorites like Chicken Giorgio and Pasta Loffredo. Come dine with us and let us show you how Italian food should be served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ciao Bella - Lee's Summit reviews from OpenTable diners
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2014Ciao Bella was amazing and so good! It will be a great missSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Saturday evening mealJHullDined on 1/25/2014We made reservations for early evening on Saturday and were seated right away. I felt the service was a bit on the slow side for a Saturday. There were quite a few people waiting for tables and we felt a bit guilty still sitting there. The food was lovely, just a tad bit too much char on my steak. We were in no rush and it was nice to be able to visit with each other. I was curious as to why there were only 3 slices of bread in the basket when we were a party of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Service LackingdmmbDined on 1/25/2014As always the food was great. We met my cousin and her fiance' there for lunch. The service was much slower than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehDinnerdinerDined on 1/24/2014Very disappointed in the service. The waitress spilled red wine on my friend's white sweater and was apologetic. However would have liked to have seen a manager come and apologize. We also never got drink refills and my meal was taken before I was done with it :(. Food was bland.Special Features:
- Food was good. Bread was excellent.vegfriendlyDined on 1/18/2014Food was good. Bread was excellent. Use of feta was a little overpowering. Desert was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually betterwatertigerDined on 1/11/2014This place is usually better. A Saturday night and the service was poor. Food was still good, and the downtown Lee's Summit location is nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014Ciao Bella! Was introduced to me by a few different people. They spoke awfully big words about it, maybe even too big. But i will say this resturant met the expectation if not exceeding it. Dont be deceived by the location or size of the resturant. It is worth a visit... Or 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a larger group of 6hungryDined on 12/31/2013We had a larger group of 6 and was our first time there. Service was good. Quick to get our drinks and food also. We ordered two appetizers, seafood dip that was wonderful and calamari which had no flavor and was chewiest that I have ever had. Salads and bread were good. Four of six in our group were satisfied with their main course. One had meat and seafood which had steak medallions which she ordered mid rare and came out well done and I had the salmon risotto which may had been great except the salmon was over cooked and hard to choke down. I would be willing to give it another try though, not ready to write this place off yet.Special Features:
- Great foodTraciDined on 12/31/2013The food was excellent! However, it took forever to get our food. Granted we were not in a hurry and we were enjoying a glass of wine, but once our appetizer was served it took so long for our waitress to return to the table to take our order. On this particular evening it was not a problem for our small group, but on any other night when we want to just head out for a dinner and couple of drinks and return home in a reasonalbe amout of time, it would have been a big problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013My husband and I love to go to Ciao Bella's in Lee's Summit. The food is always good and so is the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid!!!! Worse service ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/17/2013We have gone to this restaurant for years. On a Tuesday evening we had a reservation for 8 to celebrate my son's birthday. We did not get any attention until 6:45 for water and to put in an appetizer order. By 7:15, we had enough. Our water was empty. We had no appetizer. The server never even took our drink or food order. We finally left and gave up on them. They were unapologetic. I will not return to this restaurant.
- Will be backjopaDined on 12/7/2013We ate at Ciao Bella on this past Saturday and we were pleasantly surprised! The food was really good, especially the special that night, It was Chicken something over polenta with Fresh Mozzarella. We had a few little kids with us so we didn't get to try dessert or really even notice much of the atmosphere. But we will be back with out the kids hopefully soon.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/4/2013My wife and I happened upon Ciao Bella in the spring, for lunch, and we returned for dinner on our anniversary. First, outstanding food, my Chicken Parmesan was incredible. Great service. Nice ambience. Great value. We tell friends about it.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian!!!thumperDined on 12/2/2013This is a delightful restaurant in the heart of Lee's Summit. The food is wonderful, ambience marvelous, and a wonderful excuse to eat out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lee's Summit GemRyanJLDined on 11/22/2013If you like Italian food and spending an evening in Downtown Lee's Summit, begin or finish the evening at Ciao Bella. Located right across the historic train depot and on the same street as some of Lee's Summit's great stores, you'll feel like you've landed in a Norman Rockwell portrait; especially during the holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuprisedBigguyDined on 11/13/2013I tried this place on the word of my coworker. It was a nice and pleasant place to eat. The price range was around 15.00 on average. Service was good. It was a week night, and it is hard to staff for those. The wait staff was very aatentive. Portion sizes were great. It was enough for one, but they did not give you so much that you were overstuffed, or had a bunch of leftovers. I took my girlfriend there and she enjoyed the dinner. She said it was amazing. It was a win for me. Try it if you are in the Lees Summit area.Special Features:
- First Time We've Had a ProblemSharonKayDined on 11/9/2013Ciao Bella's is always great, but we learned this time that they do not handle a crowd at the wine bar very well for people who are seated near the front windows (to be able to talk). We always enjoy Ciao Bella's, but this time there were some problems. We usually request a table upfront near the windows because we like to talk. This time three people came in for wine and sat on the bar stools, others kept joining them until there was a crowd and they were not courteous -- bumping up against my friend's chair and hardly apologizing when we commented on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious little findGreatnewfindVIPDined on 11/1/2013Actually found this place by looking for a place in Lee's Summit on opentable where I could make a weekend reservation. Very happy! Lovely little restaurant with absolutely delicious food, bursting with flavor...no jarred sauce here! Big portions, genuine smiles.Special Features:
- Ciao Bella is always wonderfulSharonKayDined on 9/21/2013I could probably check more boxes under "recommendations", but I don't know enough about wine to rate their selection, I can't make it for their lunch special and I don't do late-night. When I do go, however, it is always a wonderful experience in good dining.Special Features:
- Ciao Bella ExcellentdmmbDined on 9/13/2013Everything about our lunch was perfect. Just enough attention from staff without being intrusive. No pressure to finish and leave so they could have the table. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013the food is outstanding compared to other italian places I have experienced. My only complaint is that it was so hot in there we were all sweating. It was 90 degrees outside and with the breeze it felt better outside than it did inside. This place is small but beautiful. I do not recommend taking a large group here without a reservation. I took my 3 month old and there were other small children too so deffinetly recommend for families except there is no changing table.Special Features:
- Good service!RickytickVIPDined on 8/5/2013Thurman gave us great service even after the bill was settled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantLynneDined on 7/27/2013Ciao Bella is a quaint little Italian restaurant with wonderful food. The people are friendly and attentive and the service is great. The food portions are large! We have tried many things on the menu and have never been disappointed. It is located in downtown Less Summit and has a real neighborhood feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go to Ciao Bellas everyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013We go to Ciao Bellas every so often! The food is always great! The atmosphere is so nice and calm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2013Girlfriends and I had reservations for 6:00 pm and our table was ready when we arrived. We were promptly offered a wine list and drink orders were taken. We also ordered the Bruschetta and the crab dip - both were delicious. Ciao Bella has a nice variety on the menu and we all tried something different. I had the Chicken Glorioso and it was delicious. Friends enjoyed the spiedini, pizza, calzone and appetizer order of toasted ravioli. It was all great. Glorioso and Spiedini dishes were very garlicky and one friend thought it was too much. Entrees were served with a house salad or Caesar salad. Bread served with salad was yummy, too! I would recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciao Bella Great ExperienceJustinDined on 6/5/2013My wife and I are new to the LS area and we wanted to try something downtown and we loved Ciao Bella we will be going back. Very quiet not too busy great place for a couple and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchSondraDined on 5/24/2013I reserved Ciao Bella for a business lunch with a prospective client. She loved the quaint downtown location and loved the atmosphere and décor of the restaurant. The A/C was very cold and there was no WIFI, which hampered a presentation I wanted to give. My fault though, I didn't call ahead to ask if they had WIFI. The food was good but they had run out of their Italian bread, which is a must! We ended up with crackers and some flat bread. Overall I would have to give the experience a "C." Not giving up on them though. I will go again.Special Features:
- Fantastic Red SauceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013We all had senior portions which were appropriate for a single person. All contained a tremendously good red sauce.
- Good But Not PerfectnewbiecriticDined on 5/12/2013Tomato basil soup was extremely thick--more like tomato paste. The menu did not do a good job of describing the food, but for the most part the food was pretty good. The place was noisy even though it wasn't packed--likely the accoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day 2013BJWolfDined on 5/12/2013I asked for a quiet table because my mother is 92 and noise bothers hers. They gave us the best table away from the noise that the restaurant has because the walls are brick and the flloor wood. Our table for five or six was in the corner and we had a great time celebrating because my mother and her granddaughter joined us for lunch!!! The servide and meal was just what we were looking for to celebrate a special day with mother, daughter, and granddaughter!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerSharonKayDined on 5/11/2013Ciao Bella's is always a very good experience. Saturday evening was a bit busier than we like and our waitress was also taking care of a large dinner party, so our service was not as good as usual. But we enjoy the atmosphere and will be back.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceJulsDined on 5/6/2013The menu has good variety and food was good. Evidently there are no specials except on weekends. They don't make their own pasta except for specials. I'd try it again. Had risotto and it was great.Special Features:
- We found the food to be verypoppiDined on 5/4/2013We found the food to be very good, thought a touch too salty for our individual tastes. The service was very good. Very friendly and upbeat. The only negative for us and others was that the evening was cool and every time someone came through the door a blast of cool air swept into the restaurant. Some kind of buffer would be a big plus. Nevertheless, we will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor service. We hadUsmcDined on 4/20/2013Very poor service. We had to get our own soda refills. One persons food was cold and had to be sent back.
- Our first time to Ciao Bella.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013Our first time to Ciao Bella. The food was excellent. Service was very good. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Best Italian in TownSharonKayDined on 3/30/2013This is not the first time friends and I have enjoyed Ciao Bella. There is really nothing not to like. Recently an internet date expressed interest in taking me somewhere in Lee's Summit, but he did not know the area. I recommended, and we went to, Ciao Bella. The atmosphere is great, food excellent and prices reasonable.Special Features:
- We have eaten here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013We have eaten here before and the food was great- but on this specific night, we weren't even seated. We had made a reservation and were told we would have to wait. The couple behind us was told they would be waiting about 30 minutes for their table.
- Want more than Olive Garden?watertigerDined on 3/16/2013In old downtown Lee's Summit. Decor goes great with train depot and 'old downtown' atmosphere. Good food and service. Great hot bread/butter.Special Features:
- friendly, fast service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013friendly, fast service. The food was very good and moderately priced. I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- We had a great experience.DaveDined on 2/14/2013We had a great experience. Food was good and staff was outstanding.Special Features: