3501 Minnesota Drive
Bloomington, MN 55435Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciaobellamn.com/
- Phone: 9528411000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ciao Bella
Opened in 1997 by local restaurateur Rick Webb, Ciao Bella offers contemporary Italian cuisine and unparalleled service. Our passion and commitment is to bring you handcrafted food, created with fresh, seasonal, organic and local ingredients. Every meal. Every day. The restaurant is dramatic, comfortable and surrounds you with the warmth of wood, original art and murals, hand wrought iron works and renowned hospitality. Whether it’s a business lunch or a relaxed evening with friends, the entire Ciao Bella Team looks forward to welcoming you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ciao Bella - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
Ciao Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)great for outdoor dining (113)fit for foodies (106)romantic (86)great for lunch (84)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (70)notable wine list (66)hot spot (50)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (14)great for brunch (10)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- SandySandyDined on 10/22/2014The evening we were there it was crowded, extremely loud unable to heard person across table, slow service because of many groups. Would never come at that time again and Wed evening. Disappointing to say the least because of the noise, food was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerLike2eatDined on 10/21/2014This was our forth time dining at Ciao Bella and the first visit during a weekday evening. As always the food and service was excellent, we did however notice a much higher noise level then we had previous Friday and Saturday nights. We will certainly be back, but during the quieter environment found on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceMarkCisVIPDined on 10/21/2014Dined while in town on business--it was a Tuesday night--and the atmosphere was very vibrant (bordering on too loud). Our group had some apps (warm olives, bruschetta & wasabi scallops) all very tasty. I enjoyed the lasagna very much! Others had the chicken parm (also very good) and salmon. Service was very attentive. All in all...I definitely recommend Ciao Bella...just not if you're looking for a quiet, intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchMNBikerBabeDined on 10/21/2014I've only had lunch here, but can highly recommend it. It is quite busy, so reservations are a good idea. They have a great menu and delicious daily specials. I had butternut squash ravioli with a brown butter sauce and it was delicious. My friend had the pomegranate salad and tomato basil soup and enjoyed both very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We made reservation and were seated right away. Food was great and the server was down to earth. She even offered a dessert on her because drinks delayed. In our opinion, the drinks were brought out just in time. It was a pleasant experience at Ciao Bella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unusual experienceWalleyeQueenVIPDined on 10/18/2014We are regulars at this restaurant and tonight we have an unusual experience. For the first time, we sat in one of the side rooms. The positive to this area is its much quieter than the main dining room. That can be a plus since the main dining room can get quite loud. On the negative side, it doesn't have the ambiance of the main room and its easy to get forgotten. After providing our wine, we didn't see our waiter for a long time as he worked his tables in the main dining room. Once our order was taken, everything went fine, including typically good food. Not sure I would accept a table in the side room in the future.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!ArinDined on 10/17/2014Delicious neighborhood spot! One of our entrees was slightly undercooked, so our waitress not only offered us a free dessert, she gave us another of the same entree to take home after some confusion about whether we wanted the leftovers! Manager also came over to make sure everything was all right. We were very happy with our experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Food was excellent! Waiter kind of pushed the brussel sprouts on us and the drinks were expensive but we loved the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MNCoupleDined on 10/17/2014Food and service was great. I would suggest the sea bass. My wife really liked the walleye too. Was a little noisy, made it hard to hear the waitress at times.Special Features:
- Rude WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Waitress was completely rude to us because of our age. Many people who were there were quite elderly. We are in our mid 20's but we were treated with the highest form of disrespect- no eye contact, blunt answers, and little check-ups. After finishing our meal the bus boy had to get our to-go box because the waitress ignored our table. He also had to get the waitress to get our check. The food seafood spaghetti that we ordered was insanely salty and the waitress didn't bother to ask how our food was. So we just dealt with it and tried to leave as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Romantic FailLoudDined on 10/11/2014I searched hours to find a top rated restaurant in Bloomington perfect for our 10 year wedding anniversary dinner. This was not the place. Even though I had specifically said in the reservation and to the staff it was our 10 year anniversary... they placed us at a table right smack in the middle of the place.. so loud!! I could not hear the waiter or my husband!! The waiter seemed annoyed with us.. I was so sad :(Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014The service and food was outstanding! We usualy go to Ciao Bella on special occasions. Pricy, but worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swlufcDined on 10/10/2014Very good food served in sensible portions and in the manner of a real dining experience. No rush, no hassle and with knowledgeable, attentive without being overbearing staff. Always a good atmosphere in this place, have visited many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!mitihDined on 10/10/2014We both loved our dinners and the service was really good as well. We would recommend Ciao Bella!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The best salmon I have ever had! Our waitress was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BankerBankerVIPDined on 10/9/2014Delicious lunch ... food is always great and service is always outstanding ... and my favorite part is their homemade yummy bread !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryRedheadDined on 10/8/2014Reserved a table for our 3rd year anniversary. They sat us in a cute romantic corn which was just perfect. Our server was awesome very informative and friendly. Food was good. My husband's filet mignon was delicious I had some fettucini chicken dish was not what I expected not really to my liking but that's just my opinion. Desert was perfect to share. Had a great time. Would definitely come back again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerincognitoDined on 10/8/2014Our anniversary dinner couldn't have been better. We had our groom's dinner here three years ago, too. We can only afford to dine here on special occasions, but it's always been tasty with great service. My only complaint is the noise level. I'd call it loud, not energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for bar scene....SuzyQVIPDined on 10/8/2014Thought of Ciao Bella as good place to catch up with friends visiting the TC. Too bad, we forgot that the noise level is overwhelming and not conducive to meaningful conversation. It certainly is a great place for getting together with a very "vibrant bar scene". Dinners were very good, however, nothing we chose was outstanding. I ordered the lobster risotto which sounded great after having a fantastic risotto dinner at Hilton Head the previous week. But it turned out to be a bad choice... the rice was gluey and had only a hint of lobster flavor. Overall, the restaurant obviously has a large following who enjoy the ambiance and cuisine.Special Features:
- ExperienceBertDined on 10/4/2014Went on a first date, wait staff let us talk for 3 hours before we said we were ready to order. No pressure, food was outstanding. Date loved the choice. Ciao Bella made that 1st date memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014Best part of the night was the friendly service we received. We were not prepared for just how BUSY this place was going to be, but even with that, the staff was very attentive. The spaghetti and meatballs was surprisingly really good, nice that a simple dish like that had a little extra something that made it special.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulkosherVIPDined on 9/30/2014The food was amazing and our server Brad was awesome. Definitely will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLarryDined on 9/29/2014Great food and service, everything done well. We wanted a slow paced, relaxing meal and that is exactly what we got. The only complaint is the noise level is very high.Special Features:
- Excellent B-day celebrationMoMoDined on 9/29/2014The food and service were excellent. the waiter was very busy but never rushed us at our table. Very knowlegeable after 18 years there and very personable. The noise level is very loud so it was difficult to catch up on girl chat with my friends. That's my only complaint.Special Features:
- Plymouth1Dined on 9/27/2014We have dined at Ciao Bella numerous times and this is the only time we were disappointed with the service offered by our waiter. In fact we had to get another waitress to tell our waiter to take our order. He would appear do the quick exit and not be seen to brush crumbs or ask if we needed another beverage and never checked to see if all was ok. Very unhappy and especially since our other visits have been so positive which really highlighted the lack of service. Food again was very good which will keep us coming back.Special Features:
- fabulous as alwaysDddbVIPDined on 9/26/2014One of the best meals - ALWAYS. Super consistent. Always hot!
- MwheatoDined on 9/26/2014We have never had a bad meal here. Especially nice to take out of town family here.Special Features:
- Special birthday dinnerElylakeDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time at Ciao Bella and it won't be the last. The food was wonderful and the restaurant was very beautiful. Just the right choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Very PleasedbumpritaDined on 9/24/2014The waitstaff were very informed on offerings, describing specials to make your mouth water!! Service was very good & attentive. The ahi tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes was to die for, and the other 3 diners raved about their entrees (salmon special and halibut) as well. Noise level is pretty significant. Even though the 4 of us were sitting in a booth across from each other, it was often difficult to hear what each was saying.Special Features:
- Good food but get ready for noise!LKC220Dined on 9/23/2014I had a business lunch here and requested a quieter table. Luckily when I arrived we had a table in the back. However, 30 minutes into our dining, a large 8-top table was sat RIGHT next to is. The noise was just carried right over. Besides that, food was good, service was great- just don't do business meals here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PiirainenDined on 9/19/2014Great recommendation by Steve Brown at Cushman-Wakefield/Northmarq! Food and service were excellent! Inside and especially outside bar with lightning storms rolling by to the south on Friday evening Sept 19.... wonderful! A little noisy...probably the sound-bounce off the hard ceilings and oddly a little more casual in terms of patrons than we expected. Outdoor bar and restaurant will require we get back on a warm Fall day and next Summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch on great patiocandibitzDined on 9/19/2014Always delicious food, but on a mild sunny afternoon on a beautiful patio--perfection.Special Features:
- My favorite lunch spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014What can I say. It's always fantastic. Hard to find anything on the menu that isn't good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late seating, food good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Server was good but seated 20 minutes late. I've had better food for less moneySpecial Features:
- great date night!MstasiaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed Ciao Bella, this time on a double date. Everyone was more than happy with all aspects of the meal. Food, service, location, ambiance. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceTheBanditDined on 9/13/2014Great place to take you significant other, very dark with nice decor. Food was great, server did a great job. We did have to wait for a table even though we had reservations, but they were very busy. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too LoudTominminnVIPDined on 9/12/2014Ciao Bella is a popular restaurant. we've dined there many times in the past and the food seems to have slipped a bit. It has always been noisy, but our last trip was loud to a fault. Perhaps it would be better on a weeknight
- Great foodshellyDined on 9/12/2014Another great meal at ciao bella. Love the pinot grigio sauce. Free range chicken was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back.Like2eatDined on 9/12/2014We’ve dined here a few times and have never been disappointed, excellent food and service, quiet atmosphere, we will be back.Special Features:
- Great place tGopherVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great place to be get authentic Italian food. The lobster risotto was great. Thr server was very nice. The only downside is the dessert menu. It is not the best. Overall great place and I will definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.