3501 Minnesota Drive
Bloomington, MN 55435Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciaobellamn.com/
- Phone: (952) 841-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ciao Bella
Opened in 1997 by local restaurateur Rick Webb, Ciao Bella offers contemporary Italian cuisine and unparalleled service. Our passion and commitment is to bring you handcrafted food, created with fresh, seasonal, organic and local ingredients. Every meal. Every day. The restaurant is dramatic, comfortable and surrounds you with the warmth of wood, original art and murals, hand wrought iron works and renowned hospitality. Whether it’s a business lunch or a relaxed evening with friends, the entire Ciao Bella Team looks forward to welcoming you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ciao Bella - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
Ciao Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (142)fit for foodies (125)good for groups (106)romantic (100)great for outdoor dining (97)great for lunch (88)neighborhood gem (77)notable wine list (75)hot spot (59)vibrant bar scene (42)late-night find (16)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- It's OK; not what I would expect, given the pricesBusterbirdDined on 11/17/2014My friend and I went to Ciao Bella for an early lunch on a Monday. Although the dining room was quite empty when we arrived, we were initially seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant. We spied many empty booths, and given how early it was, we asked if we could sit in a booth. The person seating us was none too pleased, mumbled, "The booths are all reserved," and marched off to the front of the restaurant, leaving us by the table wondering what happened. She came back a few minutes later and seated us in a nice booth. Our server stopped by immediately, welcomed us and asked if we wanted anything to drink - we decided to just have water. He stopped back a few minutes later to take our order. He was friendly and efficient. When the food arrived, it looked good. The Brasiliana salad had all the flavors I expected, but it had been finished with salt, and was too salty. In addition, the butter lettuce was limp and the portion was even smaller than I expected. The tomato basil soup was okay. It tasted as though it had been boiling or simmering a long time and was starting to get a little of a burnt taste. When the bus person filled my water, he grabbed the glass high up on the glass, wrapping his hand around the rim. That bothered me, since he touched the part of the glass I was drinking from. He should have grabbed the glass lower down. So the verdict overall is meh. It's okay. Nothing spectacular or special. And the prices are definitely high for what you get. I don't mind paying premium prices for a premium experience, but this was not at all premium. The person seating us set the tone, and nothing rose above it. Too bad.
- Fabulous!K16ClearDined on 11/15/2014I went for my 40th birthday. I had never been there before. Beautiful, a bit noisy, but requested table set back a little and received corner booth perfect for talking. Food was delicious! We finished calamari before waitress could get back to ask how it was! Yum! Waitstaff was on-it, and waitress was perfect. Best restaurant experience I've had in a long time. Thanks Ciao Bella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually a Slam Dunk - Usually, not this time.Travel4FoodVIPDined on 11/15/2014We usually go to Ciao for dinner, but this time, I had to meet a out of town friend for lunch. I didn't think getting there at noon was to early for a Saturday, but the service was off, the bread they brought to the table seemed to be cut from last night's loaf, and the food was just so-so. Not the reliable Ciao Bella we have counted on for years. Lets hope this was just a bad day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVegieLoverDined on 11/7/2014The meal was delicious, the wait staff very attentive. Quite noisy in the main dining room - Next time I'll ask for seating off to the side, which is a bit quieter and easier to talk.Special Features:
- RCAHVIPDined on 11/6/2014It was very noisy we could hardly talk to each other, the food was good but not excellent Our waiter, Scottie was an excellent server and did s great job
- GLOGLOX4Dined on 11/6/2014Always enjoy Ciao Bella even though it is quite NOISY!! Food was wonderful & Wine was way to expensive!!Special Features:
- Biz DinnerAlwaysBChewingDined on 11/5/2014Nice place; good food and drink. Had the filet and a martini. Pretty loud but we were close to the bar. I have a feeling if you were sat near the back of restaurant it would have been fine for conversation. I would gladly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!foodisgr8tDined on 11/4/2014This restaurant is excellent. Food, service, quality. Everything is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentGretacargoVIPDined on 10/31/2014We have dined at this restaurant several times & have never been disappointed. First the service, a friendly greeting by the hostess, prompt seating & the wait staff are all professional. The wines are poured & served correctly, this is often a misstep at many restaurants. Secondly, the food is excellent. The bread is very good with a crisp crust & a moist, flavorful crumb. There are a good variety of selections on the menu, especially for non-meat eaters. Several fresh fish options are offered in addition to those listed on the menu. The fennel pollen crusted sea bass with farrow was excellent. The portions are large & one does not have to feel embarrassed when sharing. Will we return? Absolutely, hopefully in the near future.
- seiler12Dined on 10/29/2014I frequent Ciao Bella often. I think that the food, service, atmosphere is phenomenal. I go there for the great patio in the summer, for a quiet romantic dinner with my wife or with our kids for special occasions. It's also a great place to have a business lunch.Special Features:
- ElkyVIPDined on 10/29/2014The sea bass was fantastic.... I love this restaurant - Haley the hostess is always so kind and calls me by name !!! Nice touch to make you feel at home. I have NEVER had a bad meal there and I "dance" aroung the menu quite a bit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food combosGingDined on 10/29/2014I took a freind to lunch for her birthday. She had the maple glazed salmon with butternut squash and spinach and I had the chicken & goat cheese lasagna. We shared a tiramisu for dessert. The service as well as the interesting food choices were all outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealbookmanDined on 10/28/2014Our dining experience was wonderful. The menu choices were varied and enticing, the food was presented with artistry, the seasonings were subtle but brought out the best of the food, and the service was top notch. I was pleased that we were seated away from the bar, where a lot of after-work crowds were having a good, albeit noisy, time. Our server, Rheanna, was great; attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- JeffVIPDined on 10/28/2014Perfect venue for lunch meetings. I ordered the salmon special and it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Ciao Bella's food has never let me down. Their fish and Ahi tuna are always fabulous, and their tomato basil soup is unmatched. Today, the service - normally good - was great! Kudo's to MichelleSpecial Features:
- Always good!gordonDined on 10/27/2014It's a great location for there aren't a whole lot choices in SW Bloomington. It's always on the pricy side but always reliable and well above average. Good staff, good room, and a good menu! I can't say anything bad about the place.Special Features:
- great servicebillthepenguinDined on 10/27/2014Dined here for the first time Service was first rate helpful and friendly Food was excellent Petite filet cooked to perfection Scallops were excellent Looked like lots of business people were there eating dinner multiple tables of six but service was still excellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent across the board!EndlessBacklashDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed a final relaxing date-night evening to a busy weekend. This was our first experience eating at Ciao Bella and we couldn't have been happier. All of the food was thoroughly prepared, beautifully presented, and cooked to perfection, full of flavor and delicious to the last bite. The price of the meals reflects the quality of the preparation. There definitely is flexibility in picking a delicious meal that stands head and shoulders above many chain establishments for a just a minimal bump in price. Our service was excellent and we left happily speculating what other dishes we would try when we returned. I highly recommend Ciao Bella, whether it be for a beautiful romantic dinner or a group gathering!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The salmon special on Saturday night was outstanding!Special Features:
- amazingFoodisgoodmmmmmmmmmmDined on 10/25/2014best Italian in Minneapolis... don't let Olive Garden tell you differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continually ConsistantmickzDined on 10/25/2014It has been a busy birthday month for our family. This was our 7th outing at different restaurants and by far one of the best. Ciao Bella always is consistent with their service, the food done perfectly, the wine list and trying to accommodate their patrons with seating as requested. A truly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto was disappointmentLaDolceVitaDined on 10/25/2014My seafood risotto was a disappointment. It was loaded with shrimps and almost nothing else. I was expecting clams and other sea food with good and tasty arborio rice as I have tasted while I was in Italy. It was not to be Italian, but American. It tasted awful. My suggestion is: Do Italian, not American style.Special Features:
- Loved the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We loved it! I had pasta with scallops, which was delicious and light. But, my husband choose pork chops, which were tender, juicy and flavorful. I appreciate that they provide a choice about serving size, and ordered small portions. Their outdoor dining area was beautifully decorated with gardens and a pergola covered with vines. I would guess that inside could get noisy in the main section but quieter along the sides. They do have inside porch dining, which would be perfect for groups. They had several bar locations, one inside and one near the outside patio area. I think the grand booths by the inside bar would make a great later evening romantic and cozy drink stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place to eat!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I have brought a small group of women here 2 years in a row for dinner and both times I have been extremely pleased. I love the ambiance, the food has been delicious, and the service is outstanding. I highly recommend Ciao Bella. I also love that they have a small plate option. Pasta can be very filling and the small plate was a perfect portion considering we filled up on bread and wine before hand. Love this place!!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant.KaylaMarieDined on 10/24/2014The females in my family have a tradition of going to Minneapolis each year. Eating at Ciao Bella is part of that tradition. Everything about this restaurant is amazing. The food, service, ambiance....all the best. I would suggest Ciao Bella to anyone that enjoys food!Special Features:
- Consistently wonderful!ConsistentDinerDined on 10/24/2014Our server was Seth, and he delivered a wonderful meal for us. We started with the Ciao Baby salad, and my husband had the spaghetti with meatballs (great texture, spicy, perfect) and I had the tomato and avocado flatbread (amazing!). The surroundings are comfortable for conversation, even when you are near a larger group. The service was excellent and the food is delightful.Special Features:
- Great ServiceserviceDined on 10/24/2014Had lunch here with a friend and the service was wonderful. The timing on everything was perfect!…waitress, drink, food, evening busing of the table. Salads are excellent.Special Features:
- SandySandyDined on 10/22/2014The evening we were there it was crowded, extremely loud unable to heard person across table, slow service because of many groups. Would never come at that time again and Wed evening. Disappointing to say the least because of the noise, food was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerLike2eatDined on 10/21/2014This was our forth time dining at Ciao Bella and the first visit during a weekday evening. As always the food and service was excellent, we did however notice a much higher noise level then we had previous Friday and Saturday nights. We will certainly be back, but during the quieter environment found on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceMarkCisVIPDined on 10/21/2014Dined while in town on business--it was a Tuesday night--and the atmosphere was very vibrant (bordering on too loud). Our group had some apps (warm olives, bruschetta & wasabi scallops) all very tasty. I enjoyed the lasagna very much! Others had the chicken parm (also very good) and salmon. Service was very attentive. All in all...I definitely recommend Ciao Bella...just not if you're looking for a quiet, intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchMNBikerBabeDined on 10/21/2014I've only had lunch here, but can highly recommend it. It is quite busy, so reservations are a good idea. They have a great menu and delicious daily specials. I had butternut squash ravioli with a brown butter sauce and it was delicious. My friend had the pomegranate salad and tomato basil soup and enjoyed both very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outasbrolinDined on 10/19/2014We made reservation and were seated right away. Food was great and the server was down to earth. She even offered a dessert on her because drinks delayed. In our opinion, the drinks were brought out just in time. It was a pleasant experience at Ciao Bella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unusual experienceWalleyeQueenVIPDined on 10/18/2014We are regulars at this restaurant and tonight we have an unusual experience. For the first time, we sat in one of the side rooms. The positive to this area is its much quieter than the main dining room. That can be a plus since the main dining room can get quite loud. On the negative side, it doesn't have the ambiance of the main room and its easy to get forgotten. After providing our wine, we didn't see our waiter for a long time as he worked his tables in the main dining room. Once our order was taken, everything went fine, including typically good food. Not sure I would accept a table in the side room in the future.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!ArinDined on 10/17/2014Delicious neighborhood spot! One of our entrees was slightly undercooked, so our waitress not only offered us a free dessert, she gave us another of the same entree to take home after some confusion about whether we wanted the leftovers! Manager also came over to make sure everything was all right. We were very happy with our experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Food was excellent! Waiter kind of pushed the brussel sprouts on us and the drinks were expensive but we loved the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MNCoupleDined on 10/17/2014Food and service was great. I would suggest the sea bass. My wife really liked the walleye too. Was a little noisy, made it hard to hear the waitress at times.Special Features:
- Rude WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Waitress was completely rude to us because of our age. Many people who were there were quite elderly. We are in our mid 20's but we were treated with the highest form of disrespect- no eye contact, blunt answers, and little check-ups. After finishing our meal the bus boy had to get our to-go box because the waitress ignored our table. He also had to get the waitress to get our check. The food seafood spaghetti that we ordered was insanely salty and the waitress didn't bother to ask how our food was. So we just dealt with it and tried to leave as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Romantic FailLoudDined on 10/11/2014I searched hours to find a top rated restaurant in Bloomington perfect for our 10 year wedding anniversary dinner. This was not the place. Even though I had specifically said in the reservation and to the staff it was our 10 year anniversary... they placed us at a table right smack in the middle of the place.. so loud!! I could not hear the waiter or my husband!! The waiter seemed annoyed with us.. I was so sad :(Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014The service and food was outstanding! We usualy go to Ciao Bella on special occasions. Pricy, but worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swlufcDined on 10/10/2014Very good food served in sensible portions and in the manner of a real dining experience. No rush, no hassle and with knowledgeable, attentive without being overbearing staff. Always a good atmosphere in this place, have visited many times and will continue to do so.Special Features: