3501 Minnesota Drive
Bloomington, MN 55435Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciaobellamn.com/
- Phone: 9528411000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ciao Bella
Opened in 1997 by local restaurateur Rick Webb, Ciao Bella offers contemporary Italian cuisine and unparalleled service. Our passion and commitment is to bring you handcrafted food, created with fresh, seasonal, organic and local ingredients. Every meal. Every day. The restaurant is dramatic, comfortable and surrounds you with the warmth of wood, original art and murals, hand wrought iron works and renowned hospitality. Whether it’s a business lunch or a relaxed evening with friends, the entire Ciao Bella Team looks forward to welcoming you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ciao Bella - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
Ciao Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)fit for foodies (116)great for outdoor dining (113)romantic (91)good for groups (89)great for lunch (88)neighborhood gem (70)notable wine list (68)hot spot (54)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (16)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014I frequent Ciao Bella often. I think that the food, service, atmosphere is phenomenal. I go there for the great patio in the summer, for a quiet romantic dinner with my wife or with our kids for special occasions. It's also a great place to have a business lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/29/2014The sea bass was fantastic.... I love this restaurant - Haley the hostess is always so kind and calls me by name !!! Nice touch to make you feel at home. I have NEVER had a bad meal there and I "dance" aroung the menu quite a bit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food combosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014I took a freind to lunch for her birthday. She had the maple glazed salmon with butternut squash and spinach and I had the chicken & goat cheese lasagna. We shared a tiramisu for dessert. The service as well as the interesting food choices were all outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Our dining experience was wonderful. The menu choices were varied and enticing, the food was presented with artistry, the seasonings were subtle but brought out the best of the food, and the service was top notch. I was pleased that we were seated away from the bar, where a lot of after-work crowds were having a good, albeit noisy, time. Our server, Rheanna, was great; attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- JeffVIPDined on 10/28/2014Perfect venue for lunch meetings. I ordered the salmon special and it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Ciao Bella's food has never let me down. Their fish and Ahi tuna are always fabulous, and their tomato basil soup is unmatched. Today, the service - normally good - was great! Kudo's to MichelleSpecial Features:
- great servicebillthepenguinDined on 10/27/2014Dined here for the first time Service was first rate helpful and friendly Food was excellent Petite filet cooked to perfection Scallops were excellent Looked like lots of business people were there eating dinner multiple tables of six but service was still excellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent across the board!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed a final relaxing date-night evening to a busy weekend. This was our first experience eating at Ciao Bella and we couldn't have been happier. All of the food was thoroughly prepared, beautifully presented, and cooked to perfection, full of flavor and delicious to the last bite. The price of the meals reflects the quality of the preparation. There definitely is flexibility in picking a delicious meal that stands head and shoulders above many chain establishments for a just a minimal bump in price. Our service was excellent and we left happily speculating what other dishes we would try when we returned. I highly recommend Ciao Bella, whether it be for a beautiful romantic dinner or a group gathering!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The salmon special on Saturday night was outstanding!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014best Italian in Minneapolis... don't let Olive Garden tell you differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continually ConsistantmickzDined on 10/25/2014It has been a busy birthday month for our family. This was our 7th outing at different restaurants and by far one of the best. Ciao Bella always is consistent with their service, the food done perfectly, the wine list and trying to accommodate their patrons with seating as requested. A truly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto was disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014My seafood risotto was a disappointment. It was loaded with shrimps and almost nothing else. I was expecting clams and other sea food with good and tasty arborio rice as I have tasted while I was in Italy. It was not to be Italian, but American. It tasted awful. My suggestion is: Do Italian, not American style.Special Features:
- Loved the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We loved it! I had pasta with scallops, which was delicious and light. But, my husband choose pork chops, which were tender, juicy and flavorful. I appreciate that they provide a choice about serving size, and ordered small portions. Their outdoor dining area was beautifully decorated with gardens and a pergola covered with vines. I would guess that inside could get noisy in the main section but quieter along the sides. They do have inside porch dining, which would be perfect for groups. They had several bar locations, one inside and one near the outside patio area. I think the grand booths by the inside bar would make a great later evening romantic and cozy drink stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place to eat!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I have brought a small group of women here 2 years in a row for dinner and both times I have been extremely pleased. I love the ambiance, the food has been delicious, and the service is outstanding. I highly recommend Ciao Bella. I also love that they have a small plate option. Pasta can be very filling and the small plate was a perfect portion considering we filled up on bread and wine before hand. Love this place!!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The females in my family have a tradition of going to Minneapolis each year. Eating at Ciao Bella is part of that tradition. Everything about this restaurant is amazing. The food, service, ambiance....all the best. I would suggest Ciao Bella to anyone that enjoys food!Special Features:
- Consistently wonderful!ConsistentDinerDined on 10/24/2014Our server was Seth, and he delivered a wonderful meal for us. We started with the Ciao Baby salad, and my husband had the spaghetti with meatballs (great texture, spicy, perfect) and I had the tomato and avocado flatbread (amazing!). The surroundings are comfortable for conversation, even when you are near a larger group. The service was excellent and the food is delightful.Special Features:
- Great ServiceserviceDined on 10/24/2014Had lunch here with a friend and the service was wonderful. The timing on everything was perfect!…waitress, drink, food, evening busing of the table. Salads are excellent.Special Features:
- SandySandyDined on 10/22/2014The evening we were there it was crowded, extremely loud unable to heard person across table, slow service because of many groups. Would never come at that time again and Wed evening. Disappointing to say the least because of the noise, food was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerLike2eatDined on 10/21/2014This was our forth time dining at Ciao Bella and the first visit during a weekday evening. As always the food and service was excellent, we did however notice a much higher noise level then we had previous Friday and Saturday nights. We will certainly be back, but during the quieter environment found on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceMarkCisVIPDined on 10/21/2014Dined while in town on business--it was a Tuesday night--and the atmosphere was very vibrant (bordering on too loud). Our group had some apps (warm olives, bruschetta & wasabi scallops) all very tasty. I enjoyed the lasagna very much! Others had the chicken parm (also very good) and salmon. Service was very attentive. All in all...I definitely recommend Ciao Bella...just not if you're looking for a quiet, intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchMNBikerBabeDined on 10/21/2014I've only had lunch here, but can highly recommend it. It is quite busy, so reservations are a good idea. They have a great menu and delicious daily specials. I had butternut squash ravioli with a brown butter sauce and it was delicious. My friend had the pomegranate salad and tomato basil soup and enjoyed both very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outasbrolinDined on 10/19/2014We made reservation and were seated right away. Food was great and the server was down to earth. She even offered a dessert on her because drinks delayed. In our opinion, the drinks were brought out just in time. It was a pleasant experience at Ciao Bella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unusual experienceWalleyeQueenVIPDined on 10/18/2014We are regulars at this restaurant and tonight we have an unusual experience. For the first time, we sat in one of the side rooms. The positive to this area is its much quieter than the main dining room. That can be a plus since the main dining room can get quite loud. On the negative side, it doesn't have the ambiance of the main room and its easy to get forgotten. After providing our wine, we didn't see our waiter for a long time as he worked his tables in the main dining room. Once our order was taken, everything went fine, including typically good food. Not sure I would accept a table in the side room in the future.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!ArinDined on 10/17/2014Delicious neighborhood spot! One of our entrees was slightly undercooked, so our waitress not only offered us a free dessert, she gave us another of the same entree to take home after some confusion about whether we wanted the leftovers! Manager also came over to make sure everything was all right. We were very happy with our experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Food was excellent! Waiter kind of pushed the brussel sprouts on us and the drinks were expensive but we loved the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MNCoupleDined on 10/17/2014Food and service was great. I would suggest the sea bass. My wife really liked the walleye too. Was a little noisy, made it hard to hear the waitress at times.Special Features:
- Rude WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Waitress was completely rude to us because of our age. Many people who were there were quite elderly. We are in our mid 20's but we were treated with the highest form of disrespect- no eye contact, blunt answers, and little check-ups. After finishing our meal the bus boy had to get our to-go box because the waitress ignored our table. He also had to get the waitress to get our check. The food seafood spaghetti that we ordered was insanely salty and the waitress didn't bother to ask how our food was. So we just dealt with it and tried to leave as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Romantic FailLoudDined on 10/11/2014I searched hours to find a top rated restaurant in Bloomington perfect for our 10 year wedding anniversary dinner. This was not the place. Even though I had specifically said in the reservation and to the staff it was our 10 year anniversary... they placed us at a table right smack in the middle of the place.. so loud!! I could not hear the waiter or my husband!! The waiter seemed annoyed with us.. I was so sad :(Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014The service and food was outstanding! We usualy go to Ciao Bella on special occasions. Pricy, but worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swlufcDined on 10/10/2014Very good food served in sensible portions and in the manner of a real dining experience. No rush, no hassle and with knowledgeable, attentive without being overbearing staff. Always a good atmosphere in this place, have visited many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!mitihDined on 10/10/2014We both loved our dinners and the service was really good as well. We would recommend Ciao Bella!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The best salmon I have ever had! Our waitress was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BankerBankerVIPDined on 10/9/2014Delicious lunch ... food is always great and service is always outstanding ... and my favorite part is their homemade yummy bread !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryRedheadDined on 10/8/2014Reserved a table for our 3rd year anniversary. They sat us in a cute romantic corn which was just perfect. Our server was awesome very informative and friendly. Food was good. My husband's filet mignon was delicious I had some fettucini chicken dish was not what I expected not really to my liking but that's just my opinion. Desert was perfect to share. Had a great time. Would definitely come back again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerincognitoDined on 10/8/2014Our anniversary dinner couldn't have been better. We had our groom's dinner here three years ago, too. We can only afford to dine here on special occasions, but it's always been tasty with great service. My only complaint is the noise level. I'd call it loud, not energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for bar scene....SuzyQVIPDined on 10/8/2014Thought of Ciao Bella as good place to catch up with friends visiting the TC. Too bad, we forgot that the noise level is overwhelming and not conducive to meaningful conversation. It certainly is a great place for getting together with a very "vibrant bar scene". Dinners were very good, however, nothing we chose was outstanding. I ordered the lobster risotto which sounded great after having a fantastic risotto dinner at Hilton Head the previous week. But it turned out to be a bad choice... the rice was gluey and had only a hint of lobster flavor. Overall, the restaurant obviously has a large following who enjoy the ambiance and cuisine.Special Features:
- ExperienceBertDined on 10/4/2014Went on a first date, wait staff let us talk for 3 hours before we said we were ready to order. No pressure, food was outstanding. Date loved the choice. Ciao Bella made that 1st date memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014Best part of the night was the friendly service we received. We were not prepared for just how BUSY this place was going to be, but even with that, the staff was very attentive. The spaghetti and meatballs was surprisingly really good, nice that a simple dish like that had a little extra something that made it special.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulkosherVIPDined on 9/30/2014The food was amazing and our server Brad was awesome. Definitely will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLarryDined on 9/29/2014Great food and service, everything done well. We wanted a slow paced, relaxing meal and that is exactly what we got. The only complaint is the noise level is very high.Special Features: