3501 Minnesota Drive
Bloomington, MN 55435Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciaobellamn.com/
- Phone: 9528411000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ciao Bella
Opened in 1997 by local restaurateur Rick Webb, Ciao Bella offers contemporary Italian cuisine and unparalleled service. Our passion and commitment is to bring you handcrafted food, created with fresh, seasonal, organic and local ingredients. Every meal. Every day. The restaurant is dramatic, comfortable and surrounds you with the warmth of wood, original art and murals, hand wrought iron works and renowned hospitality. Whether it’s a business lunch or a relaxed evening with friends, the entire Ciao Bella Team looks forward to welcoming you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ciao Bella - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
Ciao Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (140)special occasion (138)fit for foodies (101)romantic (98)great for lunch (95)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (65)notable wine list (59)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (16)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)Show More
- My favorite lunch spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014What can I say. It's always fantastic. Hard to find anything on the menu that isn't good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late seating, food good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Server was good but seated 20 minutes late. I've had better food for less moneySpecial Features:
- great date night!MstasiaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed Ciao Bella, this time on a double date. Everyone was more than happy with all aspects of the meal. Food, service, location, ambiance. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceTheBanditDined on 9/13/2014Great place to take you significant other, very dark with nice decor. Food was great, server did a great job. We did have to wait for a table even though we had reservations, but they were very busy. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodshellyDined on 9/12/2014Another great meal at ciao bella. Love the pinot grigio sauce. Free range chicken was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back.Like2eatDined on 9/12/2014We’ve dined here a few times and have never been disappointed, excellent food and service, quiet atmosphere, we will be back.Special Features:
- Great place tGopherVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great place to be get authentic Italian food. The lobster risotto was great. Thr server was very nice. The only downside is the dessert menu. It is not the best. Overall great place and I will definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicetedleyDined on 9/12/2014Food was excellent, service spectacular. Melissa, our waitress, was charming, extremely knowledgable about the wine list, friendly and overall, one of the best I've ever encountered. I would go back just to see her again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014We were on the small patio (not outdoor) room and it wasn't as noisy as the main room. As a result, we were able to hear one another and have a good discussion. The food is ALWAYS great, that's never an issue.Special Features:
- Too NoisyfoyboyDined on 9/10/2014The food was excellent, the service was excellent. However the noise level was attrocious. We will not be back only because of that.Special Features:
- DianeDined on 9/10/2014We love it there. My husband wears hearing aids and they always get us a table that is quieter . We always ask for Jeff to be our server. He is wonderful and makes the night .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Cuisine/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Felt it was a little bit overpriced - our server 'sold' us 3 pre-entree salads for $35, offering them in a way that made us assume they were part of the meal. A little shady.Special Features:
- Love itDeelishDined on 9/8/2014food and service were fantastic. It's a little pricier but worth it. I had the seabass with a side of brussel sprouts, and the other two attendees had the filet. I was told the filets were done/cooked perfectly to their liking. We all had our own dessert, tirmasu, sea salt carmel custard, and limon. all was delicious. We will go back.Special Features:
- Great nightNick3VIPDined on 9/6/2014Perfect night to sit outside and eat very well prepared delicious food. A great bottle of wine and an attentive fabulous server capped it offSpecial Features:
- Always goodHbcookDined on 9/2/2014Had a nice dinner here with friends the other nice and everything was great.... Except it's so loud!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedAnd034955Dined on 9/1/2014Been here before, loved it. But this time I ordered what was highly recommended by the waiter and I didn't like it, so I asked if there was any way I could get the other thing I was deciding on. She was very rude about it and seemed extremely offended about it. Didn't check up on us anytime after, very VERY awkward and made me feel really bad about the whole situation. Seemed extremely unprofessional and was surprised to have been treated this way in a high end restaurant. Will not be coming back again.Special Features:
- Scottie is the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Scottie, our waiter/ server was just the best. He was prompt, attentive, and really seemed to care. The food was good, small plates were a welcome option and the birthday candle on the plate of desert was just the right touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlexatarianRobinDined on 9/1/2014Tenderloin and French fries done to perfection. Service not rushed but attentive. Dined on the patio which was busy but with a good vibe. Great place to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor SLOW serviceRandyDined on 8/30/2014Even though this was not my first experience visiting Ciao Bella. It was the first for my date. Even though we fully realize that Scott (waiter) was busy. The service was incredibly poor. Not very attentive to several requests made. The meal presentation and quality was fantastic. However for the reputation of the restaurant and previous experience. & cost , the service should have been much better.
- LinkAnnieDined on 8/29/2014On a whim I booked a reservation for my wife and I to eat here. She had the ravioli and I the salmon. Never have a tasted a better salmon and ravioli. We ended our meal with sharing a tiramisu and a espresso. A great memory and place for us to share in the coming years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - UnevenJacksgal2Dined on 8/29/2014Lunch is a nice treat outdoors at CB, but everything comes ala carte with not even a garnish. I had the parmesan shrimp, $14.95. They were delivered in a bowl and were very tasty, but not a garnish or anything else to make them pleasing on the eye. One of my friends in the group had a flatbread pizza. Too burned around the edges. Another had the chicken sandwich and while it was tasty the sandwich was too thick with one giant chicken breast. Another made no comment at all on her scallop salad. CB can do better in their presentation and I hope they do. I have eaten there many times over the years, some days and evenings are better than others. The place is upscale and so are the prices.Special Features:
- Fantastic!zaikinDined on 8/29/2014The service was excellent, the food was great and the overall experience was first rate.Special Features:
- AwesomeMinersmanDined on 8/28/2014This place is fantastic! Great food with organic everything and locally sourced where possible! Even the water was triple filtered! I would recommend this to anyone. The only fault with this place is that it was a bit noisy so you had to lean in to hear your dinner companions. But that's it, everything else was top notch! The sea salt caramel custard was marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatKathyVIPDined on 8/27/2014When we have a special occasion, we often go to Ciao Bella. It is a beautiful restaurant with lovely seating areas. We usually request the porch as it is less noisy and more intimate. I tend to order the salmon especially if it is a special offering. The menu is interesting and creative with seasonal side dishes. You will not be disappointed. We never have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAussieDined on 8/27/2014Thank you firstly to Open Table, efficient system... BUT Ciao Bella, we didn't enjoy our first experience 2 years ago but decided to try again this week. Unfortunately we find the wait staff very "snooty", seemingly talking down to you, and off hand. The service was very slow as was our first experience there. This is no super fancy place, I have dined in many wonderful places around the world and this one is not up there !!!! Sorry. Can't understand why they have this manner of indifference. I do hope the Managers/Owners read this review......often the way staff treat customers, comes from the top.Special Features:
- Ciao Bella is awesome!CaseyVIPDined on 8/25/2014great place and great stop. I sat at the bar and had a fabulous dinner and the bar tender was over attentive...nice job! definitely recommend you eat here! ConsumerMarineSupply.comSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable eveningGlomenDined on 8/25/2014On business and looking for a nice restaurant to wind down the day with a glass of wine and a good meal, perfect place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Outdnnr4twDined on 8/22/2014We recently went to Ciao Bella for our Anniversary. When we made reservations we requested a more secluded seat for a little privacy. We were brought to a back room where it was very quiet. We were told "Happy Anniversary" by the hostess and our waitress. Service was exceptional with great suggestions on food. We were not rushed and allowed to sit for a couple hours only interrupted when our glasses were getting low. The food was outstanding on top of the personalized experience.Special Features:
- Still one of the bestEarlFDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed an intimate dining experience for two in celebration of my wife's birthday. The Sea bass was tender and flavorful and the Seafood Linguine was rich and savory. Our server perfectly paired our glasses of wine with our meals. Overall service was attentive and accommodating. We ended with a couple of decaf cappuccino's and the accompanying Biscotti was a delight. A great meal and service to match. After 15+ years of random visits to this fine restaurant, Ciao Bella continues to earn its ranking as one of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but small portionswinendineDined on 8/19/2014Restaurant came highly rated, however, portions seemed small and I left hungry. No gluten free bread option. Lobster Risotto needed more seasoning. Nice atmosphere. I would be cautious to recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite PlaceUncleBobbyBVIPDined on 8/17/2014Ciao Bella is Second to None. The menu is varied, the food is always perfect, the prices are reasonable and the staff is amazing. It is very well managed, friendly and the food is always AWESOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerrebooneDined on 8/17/2014The food was mediocre for the price and the service was down right horrible, not 100% sure if I would tell friends to check it out or not.Special Features:
- Fantastic waitergreatdiningexperienceDined on 8/16/2014I went there on a Saturday evening and had possibly the best waiter I've ever had. I have a severe nut allergy and Jerome was by far the most trustworthy waiter I've ever had regarding the allergy. He was extremely attentive and professional. I would recommend him and this restaurant 10/10 times.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated my birthday at Cia Belles it was perfect, a little loud, but perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014Jeffrey K on Check 268 charged me for two glasses of Dynamite Cab which we did not have. I did not realize this while still at restaurant as it was a business dinner. I thought the bill seemed high and should have verified. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loudReaderDined on 8/12/2014Great food and service but even in the "quiet" corner, we were shouting at each other to be understood.Special Features:
- DisappointingNotImportantEnoughDined on 8/12/2014This is the second experience I have had this summer with poor service at Ciao Bella. The waitress was not friendly, did not take our order in a timely manner, did not refill our water, did not offer ground pepper and we had to ask someone else on the staff to get our check as she was not paying attention to us at all. VERY disappointing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This was our first time having dinner there, but we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/8/2014Great little date night. Halibut and a tuna wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Good food, very large, noisyPartdogDined on 8/8/2014Good food. Enormous dining room. A bit noisy. Food is nothing special.Special Features: