3501 Minnesota Drive
Bloomington, MN 55435Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciaobellamn.com/
- Phone: 9528411000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ciao Bella
Opened in 1997 by local restaurateur Rick Webb, Ciao Bella offers contemporary Italian cuisine and unparalleled service. Our passion and commitment is to bring you handcrafted food, created with fresh, seasonal, organic and local ingredients. Every meal. Every day. The restaurant is dramatic, comfortable and surrounds you with the warmth of wood, original art and murals, hand wrought iron works and renowned hospitality. Whether it’s a business lunch or a relaxed evening with friends, the entire Ciao Bella Team looks forward to welcoming you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ciao Bella - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
Ciao Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (149)special occasion (142)great for lunch (109)romantic (105)fit for foodies (104)good for groups (68)neighborhood gem (66)notable wine list (58)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (6)Show More
- poor SLOW serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Even though this was not my first experience visiting Ciao Bella. It was the first for my date. Even though we fully realize that Scott (waiter) was busy. The service was incredibly poor. Not very attentive to several requests made. The meal presentation and quality was fantastic. However for the reputation of the restaurant and previous experience. & cost , the service should have been much better.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014On a whim I booked a reservation for my wife and I to eat here. She had the ravioli and I the salmon. Never have a tasted a better salmon and ravioli. We ended our meal with sharing a tiramisu and a espresso. A great memory and place for us to share in the coming years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - UnevenJacksgal2Dined on 8/29/2014Lunch is a nice treat outdoors at CB, but everything comes ala carte with not even a garnish. I had the parmesan shrimp, $14.95. They were delivered in a bowl and were very tasty, but not a garnish or anything else to make them pleasing on the eye. One of my friends in the group had a flatbread pizza. Too burned around the edges. Another had the chicken sandwich and while it was tasty the sandwich was too thick with one giant chicken breast. Another made no comment at all on her scallop salad. CB can do better in their presentation and I hope they do. I have eaten there many times over the years, some days and evenings are better than others. The place is upscale and so are the prices.Special Features:
- Fantastic!zaikinDined on 8/29/2014The service was excellent, the food was great and the overall experience was first rate.Special Features:
- AwesomeMinersmanDined on 8/28/2014This place is fantastic! Great food with organic everything and locally sourced where possible! Even the water was triple filtered! I would recommend this to anyone. The only fault with this place is that it was a bit noisy so you had to lean in to hear your dinner companions. But that's it, everything else was top notch! The sea salt caramel custard was marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatKathyVIPDined on 8/27/2014When we have a special occasion, we often go to Ciao Bella. It is a beautiful restaurant with lovely seating areas. We usually request the porch as it is less noisy and more intimate. I tend to order the salmon especially if it is a special offering. The menu is interesting and creative with seasonal side dishes. You will not be disappointed. We never have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAussieDined on 8/27/2014Thank you firstly to Open Table, efficient system... BUT Ciao Bella, we didn't enjoy our first experience 2 years ago but decided to try again this week. Unfortunately we find the wait staff very "snooty", seemingly talking down to you, and off hand. The service was very slow as was our first experience there. This is no super fancy place, I have dined in many wonderful places around the world and this one is not up there !!!! Sorry. Can't understand why they have this manner of indifference. I do hope the Managers/Owners read this review......often the way staff treat customers, comes from the top.Special Features:
- Ciao Bella is awesome!CaseyVIPDined on 8/25/2014great place and great stop. I sat at the bar and had a fabulous dinner and the bar tender was over attentive...nice job! definitely recommend you eat here! ConsumerMarineSupply.comSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable eveningGlomenDined on 8/25/2014On business and looking for a nice restaurant to wind down the day with a glass of wine and a good meal, perfect place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Outdnnr4twDined on 8/22/2014We recently went to Ciao Bella for our Anniversary. When we made reservations we requested a more secluded seat for a little privacy. We were brought to a back room where it was very quiet. We were told "Happy Anniversary" by the hostess and our waitress. Service was exceptional with great suggestions on food. We were not rushed and allowed to sit for a couple hours only interrupted when our glasses were getting low. The food was outstanding on top of the personalized experience.Special Features:
- Still one of the bestEarlFDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed an intimate dining experience for two in celebration of my wife's birthday. The Sea bass was tender and flavorful and the Seafood Linguine was rich and savory. Our server perfectly paired our glasses of wine with our meals. Overall service was attentive and accommodating. We ended with a couple of decaf cappuccino's and the accompanying Biscotti was a delight. A great meal and service to match. After 15+ years of random visits to this fine restaurant, Ciao Bella continues to earn its ranking as one of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but small portionswinendineDined on 8/19/2014Restaurant came highly rated, however, portions seemed small and I left hungry. No gluten free bread option. Lobster Risotto needed more seasoning. Nice atmosphere. I would be cautious to recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite PlaceUncleBobbyBVIPDined on 8/17/2014Ciao Bella is Second to None. The menu is varied, the food is always perfect, the prices are reasonable and the staff is amazing. It is very well managed, friendly and the food is always AWESOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerrebooneDined on 8/17/2014The food was mediocre for the price and the service was down right horrible, not 100% sure if I would tell friends to check it out or not.Special Features:
- Fantastic waitergreatdiningexperienceDined on 8/16/2014I went there on a Saturday evening and had possibly the best waiter I've ever had. I have a severe nut allergy and Jerome was by far the most trustworthy waiter I've ever had regarding the allergy. He was extremely attentive and professional. I would recommend him and this restaurant 10/10 times.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated my birthday at Cia Belles it was perfect, a little loud, but perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014Jeffrey K on Check 268 charged me for two glasses of Dynamite Cab which we did not have. I did not realize this while still at restaurant as it was a business dinner. I thought the bill seemed high and should have verified. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loudReaderDined on 8/12/2014Great food and service but even in the "quiet" corner, we were shouting at each other to be understood.Special Features:
- DisappointingNotImportantEnoughDined on 8/12/2014This is the second experience I have had this summer with poor service at Ciao Bella. The waitress was not friendly, did not take our order in a timely manner, did not refill our water, did not offer ground pepper and we had to ask someone else on the staff to get our check as she was not paying attention to us at all. VERY disappointing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This was our first time having dinner there, but we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/8/2014Great little date night. Halibut and a tuna wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Good food, very large, noisyPartdogDined on 8/8/2014Good food. Enormous dining room. A bit noisy. Food is nothing special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Great Dining. We went there for my Birthday. Great food and atmosphere for the entire family. Open table was great to reserve our table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatballs made in heavenJulieDined on 8/8/2014Ciao Bella has been one of my fast favorites as an outsider living in Minney nearly 3 years now. Great everything really-- starting with the fresh, crusty Italian bread, the tomato basil soup is fab, chopped salad delish and the entrees I've had from burgers to fish have been wonderful. But the meatballs.... If you are craving homemade melt in your mouth meatballs-- you have to try the spaghetti and meatballs. A classic you won't forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLuvtodineVIPDined on 8/8/2014Ciao Bella is consistently a great experience. I took my elderly parents there for an early dinner. I'm pleased that it is easily handicap assessable and the noise level is not so over bearing. Seth our server was outstanding - he made excellent recommendations, was friendly, checked our table just enough. I like the option of having full or 1/2 servings. I can recommend Ciao Bella for family, date night and a night out with friends! Well done.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnertamikamiDined on 8/6/2014Our annual anniversary dinner destination is Ciao Bella. The food is fabulous, the servers are knowledgeable , and the outdoor patio is quiet with just enough energy to keep it fun. The wait can be long but that's only because everyone wants to be there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful dinner - outstanding service - she was very aware of our need to visit while still being attentive. Excellent food.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerEricDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed the lobster risotto, pasta and flatbread. Outstanding service, atmosphere and food. The dinner could not have been more enjoyable. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Best Walleye in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I come to Ciao Bella every time we come to Mpls. It's one of our favorite places to eat. The walleye is outstanding and always more than I can eat by myself. My wife and I usually split the walleye and with a salad and dessert, it makes a perfect meal. The only downside is that the wine is a little expensive. Service is outstanding and we will keep returning when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So pleased!Tim952Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderfully surprised. Immediately seated for our lunch, but even better immediately greeted by our server (if memory serves Nicole). She was confident in her description of the specials and sincere in her engagement of my wife and I. She made us feel as if there was nobody else she was splitting her time with, never rushed or flustered. My wife had Salmon and I had the Lobster roll and both dishes were excellent. Capped it off with a great Espresso. would most definitely do this again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful evening great food but...JulesnstuVIPDined on 8/1/2014I love Ciao Bella and brought my friend there to celebrate her birthday. We were early enough to get a table outside. The food was wonderful, the server was great. But the restaurant allows cigar smoking outside unbeknownst to the people being seated next to them. Frankly it ruined our meal. I caution anyone sitting outside to find out where they can sit to not have to smell cigar smoke.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceBirthdaygirlDined on 8/1/2014Everything was great....service, food, atmosphere! This restaurant is so close to home that I forgot about it. I will go back soonSpecial Features:
- bankerBankerVIPDined on 8/1/2014delicious lunch as always ... LOVE the bread ... my only recommendation is that I wish they took reservations for their beautiful patio ... it fills up fast and it is hard to get a table on a beautiful sunny day at lunchtimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always fantastic and fresh goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/31/2014after 16 years in business they are still kicking it out of the ballpark with fresh pasta and seafood dishes, outstanding wine list and great mixologist on staff to fix whatever you wishe.Special Features:
- Always good!JasontschetterDined on 7/29/2014Always consistent, Ciao Bella is always lively, always great food, and always exceptional service. Tucked away a few blocks from Southdale the patio is a favorite of mine on a beautiful summer night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and Effective Hostess ServicediscretedinerVIPDined on 7/28/2014Long line but were seated within seconds at the desired table/location. Great maneuver and excellent organization during the busy lunch hours!Special Features:
- Best burger in the Twin CitiesBrainiac4Dined on 7/28/2014I'm a burger kind of a guy, and the best burger I've found in the Twin Cities is at Ciao Bella. It's a marvelous combination of perfectly cooked ground beef, the right amount of salt (a lot), and a to-die-for bun. It's juicy without being sloppy, which is a hard thing to pull off. Ciao Bella is known for seafood and pasta, and they are very good at it, but since the first time I ordered a burger there on a lark, I've been drawn back to it on almost every visit. It's that good.
- Great for lunch meetings.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014By far one of my favorite spots in the Bloomington/ Edina area for lunch. Always great service, great food and they always have you in and out for a lunch meeting! It can get a little loud inside, but everything else makes up for the slightly loud dining area.Special Features:
- Alway a good experienceJasonDined on 7/26/2014I do business over lunch at Ciao almost weekly. Very sophisticated and professional. Last night my wife and I had dinner on the patio. Very romantic.Special Features:
- Great foodDining123Dined on 7/26/2014Great food, nice outdoor bar area as well as indoor. Entrees are a little pricey but good occasion dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.