Ciao Bella - Baltimore
236 S. High Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ciao Bella - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cbella.com/
- Phone: 4106857733
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ciao Bella - Baltimore
Welcome to the Ciao Bella Restaurant in Little Italy, Baltimore. The Gambino Family would like to extend to you our thanks for choosing our restaurant for your dining pleasure. Our selections are made with the freshest and most natural food items available. We take pride in serving the very best in Northern & Southern Italian cuisine. our menu features beef, tender veal, fresh seafood, chicken, pasta and vegetables. Please consider our wine list which has been selected to complement our cuisine. Chef Gambino offers recipes pertaining to: Seafood, Veal, Rockfish, Beef Poultry, Fresh Pasta and Vegetables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ciao Bella - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Had funKim1970Dined on 8/9/2014This is quickly becoming one of our favorite Baltimore Little Italy resturants. The food is good, the service is good and the owner is extremely personable and obviously happy to be carrying on his father's traditions. I highly recommend Ciao Bella!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experiencecparkVIPDined on 6/22/2014I was taking my client and her companion out to dinner along with my daughter. The three of them ordered eggplant Parmesan which was pretty good however the sauce on the side of spaghetti lacked flavor. I ordered veal Marsala and was delivered veal Parmesan. It was taken back by the waiter and then I was delivered chicken Marsala. I did not complain as I was out to dinner with clients. The food was mediocre and very lack luster. A real disappointment.
- A Dinning Night to RmemberRuthVIPDined on 6/20/2014Thanks for a fantastic Dinner Celebration!!! Our Waiter was on top of everything. The Salads and the chicken dishes we order were perfectly prepared!! We can't wait to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Great food and great service. Happy and upbeat. great bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying Birthday CelebrationtravelfanVIPDined on 6/7/2014Back to Ciao Bella in Little Italy for adult family birthday - enjoyed Veal Franchese, Veal Marsala, Lobster stuffed ravioli, and roasted pork chop - all classically prepared. Although a little on the high $ side. Especially enjoyed preparation of - eggplant very thinly sliced before cooking. Excellent house salad and dressing. The Caesar salad would have been excellent if not drenched in dressing. Bread uninteresting but edible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/7/2014I have been to the place over 20 times and I love the fresh made bread, the eggplant parm is fantastic, best in Baltimore!Special Features:
- Always good.JillDined on 6/6/2014We eat here fairly often and the food and service are consistently good. We always ask for a table by the window and they are always pleasant about accommodating us.Special Features:
- a bit slowBequebelleVIPDined on 6/5/2014the service here was great, super friendly and welcoming! But it did take a really long time for us to get our food. We actually had to change our order to-go because I was going to be late to a concert. But, it was delicious once I ate it and I'll definitely go back when I don't have anywhere to else to be that night.Special Features:
- Acceptable Italian CuisineNaptownGourmandVIPDined on 6/3/2014Nothing particularly wrong with the food at Ciao Bella (other than being severely underseasoned)...good renditions of classical southern Italian cuisine...but it suffers in comparison to its neighbors in Baltimore's Little Italy.
- The following 707 reviews are from the Ciao Bella - Baltimore reviews archive.
- Essence of Little ItalyUpper90Dined on 6/1/2014Little Italy is iconic in Baltimore for a reason. Somehow you are transported from a big city of skyscrapers to a small, old world town. Ciao Bella had a great atmosphere, tip-top service and a great mix of Italian and Baltimorean food -- crab appetizer was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian dining ....SteakLoverVIPDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed our visit to Ciao Bella in Little Italy. Our waiter was very attentive and we were not rushed. The food is well prepared and generous in serving sizes. We were delighted with the menu and even decided to try dessert...delicious! This restaurant is a neighborhood gem. We especially enjoyed the quiet atmosphere...don't miss this one!Special Features:
- OUT2muchVIPDined on 5/31/2014One of the many restaurants in Little Italy. Food was very good. Servers were attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceNo1SeafoodLuvrConnoissuerVIPDined on 5/29/2014The consistently great food and very pleasant service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Italy GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/28/2014Our entire dining experience was relaxed, romantic and enjoyable. Our waiter was attentive and courteous. Both of our dishes were superbly prepared and presented well. We had Frutte Di Mare (Large gulf shrimp, sea scallops, chopped clams and calamari served in our homemade marinara over linguini) and Chicken Picata. We have eaten at most of the ‘Little Italy’ restaurants and have been disappointed; however, Ciao Bella’s food was exceptional. We will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Great dinnerMaryDined on 5/24/2014Stellar service great food! Wonderful experience in the little Italy area! Crispy calamari and unique delicious olive oil served with delicious bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter ruined this experiencecounty2cityDined on 5/18/2014We had a table of 4 and the waiter brought one 6-inch section of a baguette for all of us to share. During the 35 minutes we waited for our food to arrive, we had to ask for more bread. The dipping oil on the table was 99.99% olive oil with not enough seasoning to affect the taste of the oil. I ordered the Eggplant Parmigiana which was decent, but a little short on sauce so I asked our disheveled waiter for extra marinara. I poured the requested sauce on my eggplant and took a big mouthful of COLD sauce. This restaurant has potential but really needs to hire better wait staff or QA all items that leave the kitchen before the patron gets it.
- Delicious ItalianRachelVIPDined on 5/16/2014I've been here three times and each time was fantastic. Great food, great service, and very romantic and quaint ambiance. Really good authentic Italian food and a great menu selection. We got the garlic and oregano shrimp, the spinach and garlic pasta and minestrone soup. All amazing...would definitely come back here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner radiates enthusiasm!VerneneVIPDined on 5/16/2014The food is always good, and much variety is offered. Ask to sit in the DR, opposed to the bar area. You cannot go wrong with this family owned Little Italy tradition.Special Features:
- Amazing Vodka SauceKimLDined on 5/10/2014The food, particularly the gnocci with Vodka sauce, was amazing. However, the service was lacking a bit. Not a big deal, but the waiter had to be reminded twice that we wanted refills on wine. Otherwise, it was a really solid meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciao Bella delightshometowngirlDined on 5/3/2014This is a consistently very good restaurant. It is not fussy or overpriced and the food is delicious. A great choice in Baltimore's Little Italy.Special Features:
- byrdmanDined on 5/3/2014I love Ciao Bella. It is a Little Italy standout. Outstanding Italian cuisine. The service is impeccable. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. My go to place.Special Features:
- Little Italy has more to offerZoPenCoDined on 4/25/2014I've been to a few restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy neighborhood, but this was my first time at Ciao Bella. The ambience and deco are nice enough. I don't think that the restaurant was particularly busy on the evening of my visit. However, our waiter took a lot of time between visits to our table, particularly when we were tryin to pay. The food was not great. I had the Shrimp Ricardo - shrimp over linguine in an orange bell pepper cream sauce. It was sweeter than I had expected and the shrimp were under-seasoned. My partner had tortellini in an alfredo-type sauce. I don't love alfredo, but that dish was good. Overall, Little Italy has better restaurants. I much prefer Amicci's next door.Special Features:
- Delicious and InvitingCaliVIPDined on 4/17/2014Ciao Bella is a great place for food. The dining area had music on but the sitting area was a little cramped. So we sat in the bar area. Downside, there was no music. Sitting area in the bar was more opened. Delicious food and great service. Definitely would go back there for dinner and hope the bigger dining area to be opened in order to sit in the area with music. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Good MealSteakLoverVIPDined on 4/17/2014If you are looking for a tasty and affordable meal, Ciao Bella is the place to go. A very attentive wait staff and a nice quiet atmosphere allows for an enjoyable evening of dining.Special Features:
- Good service, food and a good time!DavidVIPDined on 4/9/2014Tony Gambino greeted us and welcomed us to his restaurant! From there we knew that we were in good hands. Rich our server knew his way around the menu and answered everyone's question and made great recommendations. Our out of town friends were impressed. The food was very good and we left very satisfied!Special Features:
- What a complete disappointment!!!qbdmarVIPDined on 4/5/2014How can an Italian restaurant in Little Italy serve horribly mushy pasta after we specifically ordered it "al dente"?? How can an Italian restaurant be out of Prosecco very early on a Saturday night?? How can an Italian restaurant serve eggplant parmigiana that was mostly fried egg batter with very little eggplant inside?? Apparently Ciao Bella has no problems in doing all this, which is a complete disservice to Baltimore's Little Italy restaurant reputation and to Italian-American cuisine in general. Our server was very attentive--we only wish the cooks in the kitchen were too. Foodies,take note: they "pre-cook" their pasta, esp. linguine, before diners show up so you will never be able to get pasta that's edible. Mush is NEVER acceptable!
- Where's the ClamsStevePDined on 3/29/2014I was very excitied to see that they had clams casinos on their menu. It was one of the reasons I picked the restaurant. While the clams had flavor, they were defintiely lacking "clams". They were 95% breading with little bits of clam in them. I was expecting a whole clams topped with a flavorable Italain stuffing. The rest of the food was very good! I really liked their Minestrone soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightbmachaleDined on 3/29/2014Went with my boyfriend (his first visit, my third), and had a wonderful meal.....great service, enjoyed the food, and not too busy, ad we arrived for an early dinner at 5pm. Started getting busier the longer we were there, as was expected, but still a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Saturday night dinner: Egamantedelcibo1VIPDined on 3/29/2014Excellent Saturday night dinner: Eggplant - thinly sliced, egg battered and tender. Gnocci in vodka sauce - homemade and melt in your mouth delicate Delicious dressing in ceasar salad Biggest surprise - a grilled octopus on top of seasoned greens. Best ever! Minestrone - flavors took me back forty years to a taste reminiscent of old-country authentic. Excellent bread with a spciy olive oil for dipping. Generous portions and so satisfying! Ask for server "Charles"
- Wonderful EveningHazelDined on 3/28/2014Had dinner with my son and girlfriend who were in town for an event. Was a delightful evening with the wait service attentive but not overly intrusive. The escargots were delicious and the Lamb Meatballs were nicely flavored. I had the veal marsala which was perfectly flavored. The vodka sauce with the gnocchi was devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish was excellentjmarisamelDined on 3/26/2014My friend and I were both visitors to Baltimore, and looking for an Italian restaurant recommendation from a local, who told us we had to try Ciao Bella. Well she was right - we had a great meal here! We shared the shrimp oreganato appetizer (which was garlic nirvana) and the Mozzarella with tomato salad. We decided to share 3 entrees because we could't make up our mind on just 2! The penne carbonara and gnocchi were both sinfully delish, and the chicken parm was light, and a nice complement to the pasta dishes. Although we were stuffed, our server convinced us that we had to try the tiramisu, which was one of the best I've ever had. All around, a very good experience, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Visit, AgainOutAndAboutVIPDined on 3/22/2014Have been visiting Ciao Bella for years when in Baltimore on business or with the family. It was on the agenda for our recent family trip, and we had a great time. The food was well prepared and presented, the service was very friendly, and the atmosphere is very comfortable. The owner was there to great us when we arrived, and is very much involved in taking care of his guests. Well done!Special Features:
- Great little Italian bistroCarlaVIPDined on 3/21/2014First visit to Baltimore and was charmed to be greeted by the owner as we entered this great little bistro. Service was great and the food was inviting and fresh.Special Features:
- YumFoodieDined on 3/21/2014Food was delicious! Service could have been better but want terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency CountsclassiclincolnDined on 3/14/2014As usual, another great meal there! We've been there many times and never a problem.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Went for our daughter's Birthday, just three of us, and absolutely enjoyed it. I've been to this restaurant before, years ago, and has changed it's quality in food as well in professionalism . Tony, as always , fixed our dinner to perfection , Rich, the server, was great too,very helpful. We even got a piece of a cake with a candle on it and sang a birthday song. I would recommend Ciao Bella to anyone who is looking for great Italian food and atmosphere .Special Features:
- Food was excellent as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/8/2014Food was excellent as usual. Service very slow which was unusual.Special Features:
- Ciao Bella ImpressesBertVIPDined on 3/7/2014From the enthusiastic greeting at the door by Owner/Operator Anthony Gambino through every course to the house-made cannolis, Ciao Bella impressed us. The Veal Saltimbocca recommended by our outstanding waiter was some of the best ever. The crab appetizer he also tipped us off to was better tham any I've ever had. My companions also enjoyed their linguine with white clam sauce and seafood melange with pasta. The warm and crusty bread kept coming. The dipping sauce Ciao Bella places on the table is superbly spiced. All lin all the evening was a superb treat.Special Features:
- Ciao Baby!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/5/2014I've eaten at several of the Little Italy restaurants. I thought the staff was friendly and that is the perk of the restaurant. Good service is hard to come by sometimes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindKim1970Dined on 3/1/2014After our least outing in Baltimore (which was sverely disappointing) I didn't hold out much hope for Ciao Bella, but I was proven wrong. The food was very good, the service was excellent and the chef/owner Tony, both seated us and talked to us about our meal. It was a great evening and we look forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.