Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Massapequa
5074 Sunrise Hwy.
Massapequa Park, NY 11762Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Massapequa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ciaobabyrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5167995200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We'll bring our family food to your house making any Italian dish you desire.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Cammarata 5167995200x
- Special Events: Monday & Wednesday: $19.95 Trio of Macaroni
Tuesday: $24.95 Chef Tasting Menu
Wednesday: $10 Unlimited Wine Tasting
Thursday: $15 3-Course Ladies Night Menu, Open Bar from 8:00pm-9:00pm.
A word from Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Massapequa
Our Goal is to have you re-visit days past. We invite you into our house where everyone is treated like family. Enjoy great food, great wine , great music and great company while you stroll down memory lane with style and simplicity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Massapequa reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Huge portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014If you go I just recommend that you bring a few friends and an empty stomach.Special Features:
- Great diningJnycfoodieDined on 6/25/2014Had a birthday here recently with a party of 12. The staff were super friendly and attentive. The food was on point. I highly recommend this restaurant, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful all aroundLisaNYDined on 6/13/2014We recently went with a group of seven for a birthday celebration. The food was outstanding. Two "double" platters were more than enough food for us. We had Nonna's meat platter (which had baseball sized meatballs!) and the spinach ravioli. Delicious! You have to try to trio of calamari appetizer!!! It's the best I've ever had! The service was great, and they didn't try to rush us out on a Friday night. We had a most enjoyable time! Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dining experienceOtisDined on 6/13/2014Service and food was great..prices and portions were spot on.. Overall great night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingWonderfulDined on 6/5/2014Once again Ciao baby's in Massapequa was my choice for my birthday and I couldn't have asked for any better!Special Features:
- The following 341 reviews are from the Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Massapequa reviews archive.
- granny8Dined on 5/30/2014Never disappointed. Food is delicious and the prices are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portions!dm12Dined on 5/24/2014This was our first time to Ciao Baby but heard only good things. We were not disappointed, that's for sure. The portions are huge, and the food was delicious. Service was great! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great Birthday celebration placealitroDined on 5/18/2014We went there for my sons 15th birthday. The food is great and there is TONS of it. Portions are gigantic and delicious! The glasses of wine a re huge too! A great place to take the family for a fun timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchDebiDined on 5/11/2014We could not have been more disappointed with our Mothers Day Brunch. The bill was over $400 for a cold buffet breakfast and 1 mimosa each(2 people didn't even have a drink) the buffet was minimal and nothing was labeled. My parents had no idea why they were eating. It was such a disappointment. It used to be a good place for dinner, but after this experience, I would never go back. They also added a 20% gratuity which was so wrong since we helped ourselves! So overpriced and not worth it.
- DisappointedLT1017Dined on 5/11/2014I've always gone out east for Mother's Day brunch. Since I moved closer to Nassau County, I decided to try some place a little closer that offered a buffet type brunch. I was so pleased to learn that Ciao Baby did just that. I've eaten dinner there (Massapequa once and Commack many times) and have never been disappointed. The food is amazing. The brunch was so disappointing. The food was cold, and the selection was poor. Most brunches offer at least a Mimosa at no extra cost. I have crossed Ciao Baby off my list for brunch next year; I will take a 45 minute to an hour's drive and will go out east again. However, I will still eat at Ciao Baby for dinner. You always get an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- Unprepared, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I went for the Mother's Day brunch. Nothing was set up at the time our reservation was set. Had to wait nearly a half hour before they were ready, and then customers scrambled around the awful buffet line set-up...plates came before hot food, but not cereals and bagels for some reason. Felt like an idiot standing on line with bagels in hand, waiting for a plate. I was shocked when I got the bill for what was supposed to be a "moderately priced" restaurant. Never going back.
- Family Dining meets Creative menuTurkeyMeatballGuruDined on 5/9/2014Old world style Italian dishes with creative flare. Portions are tremendous and the quality is top notch. Service is second to none. When a big family wants to sit down, eat and enjoy great food, Ciao Baby should be a big "blip" on the radar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT WORTH ITNYCGOMOVIPDined on 5/5/2014Food was over cooked and tasteless, service was non existent despite there being only 2 other tables in the dining room. Price point inflated. Not worth it.
- loved the food but was rushedDmasdanDined on 4/26/2014Food was terrific but we placed pour drink order, didn't even get them and were rushed for our order. We were there with friends and wanTed to relax and chat. Waiter came to our table several times wanting to take our order.ugg!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!BaseballMomDined on 4/13/2014Food was amazing!!! Ordered a Rice ball appetizer, the Chicken Scarpariello for 2 and the eggplant lasagna. We were 4 adults and had enough food to feed at least 7 or 8 people. The ice cream volcano for dessert was truly incredible!!! The wait staff were very pleasant and accommodating. Can't wait to go back with friends.Special Features:
- Big Let DownHammer101Dined on 4/13/2014Food was bland portions small service slow, I will not return ever, So bad wished I didn't have to pay for it when the bill came
- Got to the restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Got to the restaurant and didn't have our reservation. I even called the restaurant at 12:30 that day and they confirmed the reservation. Had to wait an hour to be seated. I have the confirmation from open table. Was disappointed that we had to wait. Could have bought us a drink at the bar while we waited for the hour. There were 8 people in our party. I made the reservation and was very embarrassedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation Not HonoredexpresssegundoDined on 3/28/2014I made a reservation for a particular booth and noted so in the comments section in the reservation, as one of my party has hearing issues. In addition I called the restuarant and I was told they would mark the table reserved. When I arrived I had to wait, the hostess attempted to seat my party at a table in the loudess section, when I reminded the hostess of my reservation notes she read the reservation and stated that there were no notes. When I stated I also called she got someone else who found the comments in the reservation. The hostess said that we could have another booth and proceeded to sit us in one when the manager came and arrogantly stated that the three booths that were available were reserved for VIPs.
- Wonderful eveningroddlesDined on 3/28/2014Food was plentiful and delicious. Loved everything.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Great place to eat, excellent service, great wine and happy hour drinks.Special Features:
- Loved our lunchgranny8Dined on 3/13/2014We were 4 couples - Wait staff was very personable & helpful. Food was served hot & was plentiful & delicious. Everyone in the group raved over their lunch & are looking forward to going to Ciao Baby again.Special Features:
- we were there at peak dinnervegandinerDined on 3/9/2014we were there at peak dinner hour. many parties in progress, but service was still good. excellent lasagna (eggplant) and gorgonzola salad (single order of both enough for two. staff rushed but still friendly and helpful. we recommend.Special Features:
- Love this place...JennVDined on 3/8/2014great food & drinks, staff was very friendly and the price for the amount of food you get is just right.... nice place for a date or to bring a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/7/2014Food and service are always good. Fun place as wellSpecial Features:
- Big PortionsexpresssegundoDined on 3/7/2014Great place If you are a couple I sugest sharing an appetizer and entree, as the portions are hugeSpecial Features:
- Ciao Baby!BasoredVIPDined on 3/2/2014What can I say That I haven't said already about this place. I had a party of four which started at the bar for a few cocktails then off to a table for a feast. One of my favorite Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- A Pleasant SurpriseBP1946Dined on 2/20/2014The only negative was when making the reservation through Open Table, I was asked if this was my first visit to this restaurant? I answered yes, and when we were taken to our table it was right in front of the kitchen, about 6 feet away. When we politely expressed our dismay with the table location it was quickly rectified. We (my wife and two daughters) were pleasantly surprised with the service and the food. Usually when restaurants offer such an abundance of food...it tends to be somewhat bland and tasteless. This was not the case with Ciao Baby. Though we over ordered not realizing how big the portions actually were, we had no complaints with the quality of the food. It was quite tasteful and we found service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible servicemegsnmikeDined on 2/14/2014We had our reservation at caio baby for 9:45pm on valentines day, when I arrived the restaurant was packed which I knew would be expected since it was valentines say. I gave my name to the hostess and was told they were behind and it would be a 25 min wait, I said no problem so my wife and I waited by bar. The name Mike was constantly called so we had to go up and check at least 3-4x to see if it was for us. FINALLY at approx 10:50pm well after the 25 min wait time we were given we got our seats. Once at the table we had two servers, the young lady Ava was very nice however her partner who never introduced himself and also didn't write down any of our order which cost us a salad that was given to us.Special Features:
- Bad with reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014When I went in on Valentine's Day night with my reservation, they told me that their online reservations had been disabled for over a week. Really? Then pull down the website! My party and several other parties had to have an extensive wait time tacked on to our reservations. It was over an hour and a half past my original reservation time before I was seated. It was a horrible night for this to happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was fair, it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014The service was fair, it was valentines day so it was busy. Food was not very good but very big portions, except I didn't want to eat my leftovers the following days.Special Features:
- Excellent food, generous portionskrzy4myboyzDined on 2/10/2014Excellent food, generous portions and outstanding service brings us back to Ciao Baby again and again. Whether a large group or a simple party of 2 we always leave pleased, full and with leftovers to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually I don't have to makeNickiDined on 1/30/2014Usually I don't have to make a reservation but on a Friday night for my boyfriend's birthday I wanted to make sure we got a table. Not really sure why I just didn't call up and reserve, but decided to use Open Table this time and for some reason there was no reservation under my name. I don't know if that's fault on Open Table or the restaurant but luckily they were able to seat us anyway.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're happy and well fedWellFedDined on 1/23/2014Our group of 10 had a central table, which despite its location, was not noisy. The waitstaff was attentive, but I do wonder why they do that "not writing it down" thing with your order, when they can't remember it when they get to the kitchen. This happened twice (on my previous visit, too). Food is well prepared, and on Thursdays is a very good value, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Experience1234Dined on 1/19/2014The service was attentive. Food was was cooked well and the portions were quite large and were enough to take home for a second meal. This place is known for its large portions. There are options for smaller plates available as well. This is a fun place and is good for parties but not quiet if you are looking for a romantic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serice is exceptionalJayBDined on 1/11/2014Had a great time, food was excellent and the service was top notch. Kid friendly, but I'm talking about tweens and above. It's not a Friendly's. For people and kids who can appreciate a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Our party of 5 had a great time.....the food was delicious and plentiful. We were all very happy with our experience. One of our servers, Sara H, was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great Ambience!SteveDined on 12/3/2013Just left Ciao Baby Massapequa and couldnt be more thrilled. The service was impeccable. Henry and Steve did everything necessary for my fiance and I to have a great time. The food was great. We had a Riceball for an appetizer. That thong is huge! Next up was the Skirt Steak and Sea Bass. Yum to both. We almost didn't get dessert because we were too full, but we couldn't pass up the icebox cake. We both can't wait to return with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to goodPuckstopperDined on 11/29/2013Calamari appetizer was pretty good. Ordered Pasta with Shrimp. Pasta was overcooked. Shrimp were tiny. Chicken Scarpiello was fair. Of course portions were massive. I would not go back.
- Great AtmopshereYoungSmith53Dined on 11/29/2013My Wife and I went on Black Friday after an Islanders game and it was the most amazing food and atmopshere we have been around. The food portions were huge and the wait staff was more than helpful with our orders and drinks. It was a bit loud, but nothing too overbearing. I would love to go back again the next time we are in Long Island.I would recommend this to a friend.
- honestly? disappointedTRAVELGIRLVIPDined on 11/20/2013with all the hype this place gets, i was expecting more. the chilean sea bass was overcooked and my linguine w/cherry peppers and baby shrimp was only "good" because the pasta was homemade. items are way overpriced because they think it's family-style. i assure you, the two entrees listed above were not family-style portions - although they would be considered somewhat "generous." still, nothing worth the price we paid. i won't be back. it's too bad. seems like a big crowd goes here.