Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Commack
204 E. Jericho Tpke.
Commack, NY 11725Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Commack
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ciaobabyrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6315431400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Commack
Our goal is to have you re-visit days past. We invite you into our house where everyone is treated like family. Enjoy great food, great wine, great music and great company while you stroll down memory lane in style and simplicity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Commack reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Won't let you down!AH11767Dined on 8/9/2014Ciao Baby thrives again. Always a favorite with amazing food, excellent and accommodating service with an atmosphere like grandma's Sunday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian food ....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014It was my first time at ciao baby last week and i must say that it was the best italian food i ever had in long island or even nyc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They sat 6 people on a table for 4.GoodjudgeDined on 7/20/2014Service not so great, but for being squeezed in to a small table we got 25 $ off dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and lots of itLITouristDined on 7/12/2014Generous portions, and good food. The short ribs were delicious and the service was great. This is not your typical Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Italian mealGreatDined on 7/6/2014Ciao Baby is a great place for the family. We enjoyed the family style food. The flavors of the pasta sauce was amazing.
- Wonderful as usualNancyHDined on 7/5/2014Love the food, love the ambience. Nice job once again.Special Features:
- Great night!!NichalreDined on 6/28/2014Went there with my husband. Had a great evening. Took home so much leftovers due to the sheer size of portions. Waitress and all staff very attentive and friendly. Manager came over to check on us. Overall I highly recommend this wonderful establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Style in CommackCVW2016Dined on 5/10/2014The staff was very friendly. Our waitress guided us with the amount to order.Still we took home lots of food.all of the different types if food was very good.The place is loud.Overall a very enjoyable experience.No problem parking near to the restaurant and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 205 reviews are from the Ciao Baby Restaurant & Lounge - Commack reviews archive.
- Good meal!DaisyVIPDined on 4/18/2014Although we have lived in the area for a while, this was our first visit to Ciao Baby and we enjoyed it vey much. The Eggplant Lasagna was delicious, as well as the Lobster Ravioli, with plenty to take home and enjoy the next day. The servers were attentive, and the prices are reasonable. The bar area was a bit loud, but the noise level in the restaurant was less. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Monster portionsASHuntingtonDined on 4/5/2014Monster sized portions of very good food - just what we expected and why we keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceRandyDined on 4/5/2014Food was very good but don't order too many appetizers because the portions are huge and you will have allot of food left over.Special Features:
- Very AccomodatingSassafrasDined on 3/28/2014We had a large group and there was plenty of staff to handle our requests. The rice ball was awesome and huge - large enough for the whole table to have some. The waiter suggested we try the stuffed rigatoni with vodka sauce instead of the red sauce it typically comes with - that turned out to be a great recommendation. I'm very picky with calamari - I really enjoyed it here. I liked everything I tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family dinner!Jeanine627Dined on 3/22/2014Took my mom there for her 65th and there were 10 of us. We ate family style and they were very accommodating to whatever we wanted. Especially for the four kids that were with us.Special Features:
- great foodangel4697Dined on 3/21/2014This was my first time here and I loved it. I definitely will be back. We ordered the giant rice ball and it was amazing. We then ordered a a family dish of penne ala vodka then a single of order of skirt steak and the Bolognese. The service was really good. They both explained how they did things ecause it was our first time there. The portions were huge. The only con I can think of was the mix is was loud but in loved the decor of the restaurant.Special Features:
- dinnerTerryDined on 3/15/2014Food and service were terrific. The seating was awful. Way too cramped. It detracted from the experience. Too many people in small space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but noisyletshavedinnaDined on 3/8/2014the food was excellent. The volume of noise was way too loud! The music was replayed a few times. Heard the same songs a couple of times! Wish the music selection was better. Very hard to hear people you are sitting with due to high ceilings and tables very close to one another. I was told the food was good but its very noisy and people were absolutely right! Food is excellent though. Soften the music bro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go here on a holidayRestaurantweekDined on 2/14/2014I've been here before and am always impressed by the food and service. However, I had made reservations for Valentine's Day ahead of time and still waited to be seated. When we were finally seated we were in the bar that was packed with people constantly bumping into the table or our chairs. It was extremely loud, to the point we could not hear one another speak. The waitress seemed overwhelmed by the amount of people, and could barely walk between tables. The food was great but everything else was terrible, so we tried to eat quickly and get out of there as quickly as possible. This is usually a great restaurant so I'm chalking it up to the holiday and will still be back -learned my lesson the hard way!Special Features:
- Ciao baby valentines dayKenneygDined on 2/14/2014The staff went out of their way to make the night special. Very friendly and attentive. Food was great and the portions were tremendous. They even gave a gift as we left the resturant.Special Features:
- The complete packageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014It had great food, kid friendly and the staff made you feel right at home. You have to try the rice balls, its the size of my head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good and plentiful..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2014Food is always good and plentiful.. Service was just great. There with a large party for a birthday and got special attention.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceMikemVIPDined on 1/8/2014the food is always great, and the service is very attentive. whatever you want, they will find a way to make it, or get it for you. from the Sea bass which is the best around, to the chicken parm to the sea scallops risotto, every dish is awesome and truly the wait staff are there for every possible request - definitely have to try it. also the bar area is great, and happy hour specials with half price appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style Italianbellbiv13VIPDined on 1/4/2014Large portions and friendly staff make this a great place for groups and families. Food is also very good for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual New Years Eve delaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013People were waiting 1 1/2 hours past their reservations time. The restaurant made it bearable with appetizers and drinks. Food is always good and plentiful. Never a bad experience with the food or service.Special Features:
- great foodPatNDined on 12/29/2013Ciao Baby has great food and tremendous portions. My only criticism would be that the music is very loud and it is rather noisy. Regardless of that i would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!MikeVIPDined on 12/27/2013Dinner at Ciao Baby was disappointing. The appetizers and salads were not good, and the entrees were not good. Nothing tasted like it was made from fresh ingredients. It tasted like pre-made dressings and sauces.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLuv2eatDined on 12/26/2013This was the first time I had been to this restaurant. The food was great, the staff was cureteous and helpful. I would definately recommend it and will be dining here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and consistendMrBlzVIPDined on 10/4/2013Great place. Nice menu, with great value and portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations for naughtSteveDined on 9/28/2013Made reservations to eat at Ciao Baby for 7pm. Arrived about 6:50 and waited until after 7:30 to be seated. I don't see the point of having a reservation system in place if they aren't going to be honored. This must be why the portions are huge at Ciao Baby; by the time you get your food after waiting for a table, you're starved! Food was delicious, and the portions amazing. Standard cocktail (one liquor one mixer) tasted under-poured, though the wine glasses (and pouring) are on the large size. Ciao Baby offers take-out, and a great deal during the early week. I would do that next time I was in the mood to eat here instead of actually sitting down at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Almost as good as Mom'sGmanDined on 9/21/2013The food reminded me of how my old Italian mother would serve it- deliciously prepared and plenty of it! From the bread (comes with oil and grated cheese chunks to dip and eat), to the salads and huge entrees, everything was served by the friendly wait staff that took the time to explain each of the dishes and offer different items that were not on the menu. We were so full we could not eat the desserts which looked delicious. We had enough left to eat the next day and it was still delicious. We will be back again soon and this time will save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Amazing staffCjr2Dined on 8/26/2013Staff was amazing our waiter actually sat down with us to describe in detail How to order ( portions very big) and acted like our friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitPamxoxoxDined on 8/9/2013This was my 2nd visit to Ciao Baby.I had made reservations prior to my visit. When I arrived the hostess offered to seat us at a table in the bar area during happy hour.I expected to be seated in the dining rm. Rice ball & lobster mac n'cheese were superb. EXTREMELYgenerous portions. Noise level is extremely loud.Impossible to have a conversation or hear what the waiter is saying.Overall service was very poor this visit.Had to flag down the waiter to place my order,to see a desert menu, to get the check ,to have the check taken. Desert "to go" didn't come when I rec'd the check but was charged for it.This will be my last sit down dinner at Ciao Baby. I traveled quite a distance to have dinner there.In the future I would order"take out"ONLY.Special Features:
- Super ServiceWallstPlayaDined on 8/4/2013The manager and the waiters were excellent. They made sure we were content. If we didn't like something, they were apologetic and replaced it with whatever we wanted. Furthermore they kept our glasses filled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ciao means Hello!BambaliciousDined on 8/1/2013Came for a fun night out with friends and we weren't disappointed!! 5 friends with hefty appetites and a healthy thirst. Took a little while for the drinks to come...the bar was buzzing. Appetizers were good..had the mini calzones, meatballs with ricotta and a caprese salad, enough for all to share with leftovers! Dinners wer so huge...ordered the short ribs for 2 with mushroom and white truffle risotto OMG...enough to feed 4! Also the scallops with butternut squash risotto, layered eggplant lasagna (which was a 6"x6" square on the plate topped with ricotta cheese and the tuna duo. Many laughs and stories later we still had to have food wrapped up. No room for dessert but espresso and cappuccino were enjoyed at the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style dining done rightMarkCisVIPDined on 7/30/2013Large portions best ordered and shared among the table. Nice traditional choices. Serving staff is very attentive. Always a very good dining experience at Ciao Baby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the food was notMidtowngirlVIPDined on 7/22/2013Although the food was not bad, it was not great. The eggplant parm had no taste to it, the fried calamari was too rubbery and the zeppoli's were not cooked all the way through. Expensive dinner for non-quality food. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Good Food but ...PamxoxoxDined on 7/20/2013Very generous portions. Food was good ... but average. We have dined there twice ... on different days and at different times. The only reason we will not likely return is because of the noise level.. It was impossible to have a conversation with the person sitting opposite at the same table.
- What a fun place!GingeeVIPDined on 7/12/2013Our first impression of Ciao, Baby was of overwhelming noise, so loud that we couldn't hear the great old-time tunes being accompanying the big screen t.v. s showing Sabrina (the old movie, not the teenage witch). Family-style meant giant portions just like Nonna used to serve. The food was good authentic southern Italian with a few innovations. Avoid the eggplant lasagna. They would have been better off with good old-fashioned parmigiana style. Would definitely go back, especially for ladies night on Thursdays.Special Features:
- Once again a great experiencePsychoguitarDined on 6/29/2013From the moment you walk in you are treated ike an old friend. From our waitress to the food the experience couldn't have been more perfect. A great restaurant.Special Features:
- Girlfriend tonic!BergerDined on 6/27/2013We had a great night - went there with a group of girlfriends on 'Girls Night Out' and we were very, very pleased!!! Had a wonderful time all around & we can't wait to do it again! Grazie Cia Baby!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemBarbVIPDined on 6/22/2013Love Caio Baby Restaurant. Has very lively, loud atmosphere. Lots of good all time favorite Italian songs playing. My husband and I have gone here several times. The pasta, etc. is excellent. This time we ordered the rice balls for an appetizer. Very good. We both had their special...chicken stuffed with spinach and prosciutto. It was fair. A bit dry with little flavor. Also came with asparagus which was very tasty. The service was excellent. They were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.