Ciao Amore Ristorante
1134 W 18th St
Chicago, IL 60608Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ciao Amore Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ciaoamoreristorante.com/
- Phone: 3124329090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm, - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cesar Pineda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Every Friday
- Cross Street: S May St
- Public Transit: 18th Street Bus stop in front of restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking on 18th street as well as Racine, Carpenter and 16th Street. Free Parking at St. Procopius Catholic Church on 18th and Allport. Parking is in back of the church. Take Racine to 16th Street, on 16th head West about 1/2 block down is the alleyway that leads to Church Courtyard and parking lot. Parking lot is next to the playground.
A word from Ciao Amore Ristorante
Ciao Amore Ristorante opens its doors in Pilsen to offer a high-value, high-quality dining experience to its entire guest. The restaurant is BYO and has a extensive menu which centers its main dishes on house-made pastas. The interior design of dining room reflects a contemporary style where funky blue light fixtures, exposed brick and high ceilings, as well as a rotating display of art from Pilsen galleries reflects the taste of the owners. The restaurant invites you to enjoy great flavored fresh meals and have Chef Cesar Pineda prepare your food with that enthusiast that his is characterized for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ciao Amore Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)romantic (1)Show More
- bland foodJavaDined on 10/11/2014After a long wait the waiter who did not speak English very well took our order. A few minutes later he came back and said that the soup my husband ordered was sold out. He ordered the other soup on teh menu again the waiter came back and said the other soup was sold out. The items we did get were OK but bland and not very tasty.Special Features:
- Huge portionsYumYumDined on 10/4/2014Wow! The portions are huge here! You can easily share one dish... food was excellant and it is BYOB! Very cute restaurant as well!Special Features:
- IsabellaDined on 9/19/2014This is the location where my daughters had taken me for my Birthday just the week before, September 11th and one of my friends that joined really enjoyed the mussels that served, so I made a reservation to celebrate her milestone. She was looking forward to going when I let her know where the reservations were made, once we arrived we were so pleasantly surprised for we walked in to the sounds of a live Jazz trio planning and female songstress beautifully signing. It was a very delightful evening with exceptional service considering unfortunately, just it had been on birthday, only one wait staff for the evening. HATS OFF to VICTORIA "The Waitress" for your attention to detail delightful customer service you provided on both occasions.Special Features:
- wineanddineVIPDined on 8/27/2014When I first entered I was told they do not take reservations for two. I explained I that I made a reservation through Opentable and then was told they don't pay attention to that. The Fried Calamari and Polenta appetizers were fantastic. The Gnocchi and Brascole were little disappointing. The marinara sauce was a little too oily for my taste and the Brascole a little tough. The Tiramisu was just okay. I will give it one more try based on how good the appetizers tasted. Love that it is BYOB.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Ciao Amore Ristorante reviews archive.
- 60513Dined on 6/7/2014This used to be our favorite restaurant but the service and food quality has really gone south....
- First few items were verynoneVIPDined on 1/25/2014First few items were very fresh and good. Entrees were o.k. to mediocre. They're trying but not every worked.
- Our server wasn't perfect,MaegVIPDined on 11/9/2013Our server wasn't perfect, but the food was delicious! We had a one year old with us and they helped accommodate our needs with her. Tables are spaced out nicely so there is never an over-crowded feeling. Pasta is great for leftovers too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOB Under PerformerDH47Dined on 11/2/2013Poor service was our experience. Apps were good then waited long time before salad and main course arrived at the same time. No explanation or comment made by waiter. Mains included a massive amount of pasta which was wasted on me.Special Features:
- Small, charming restaurantdinneroutDined on 11/2/2013Portions are very generous (easily shareable), and food is very good. This is a small, charming place that is not at all pretentious, but just quite lovely. The staff couldn't have been any nicer or gracious. Just a reminder that it is a BYOB restaurant, which I hadn't realized, but one of the staff suggested a liquor store with a decent selection of wine around the corner. George was our waiter, and he was helpful, friendly and personable. This was a very nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner bfore Sox gameMarkoVIPDined on 7/19/2013We chose the restaurant due to its proximity to US Cellular and we were not disappointed. Great appetizers and the entrees were excellent and also very large portions. The BYO was nice and we brought a bottle of wine to completment the meal. Good service and additude by the serving staff. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood OnlyIvananthonyDined on 7/7/2013This place is good for local who can walk there. However I would not travel there from outside the neighborhood.Special Features:
- fresh Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/9/2013The best Italian food I have in a long time the food is outstanding you can see they use fresh ingredients as the food is very light you can bring your own beverage which is a great plus. The chef is very friendly and always come out of the kitchen to talk to the patronsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Italian food in townOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2013The restaurant is outstanding the food is very light but very tastier the chef came to our table to see how we where doing and as I told him I had some allergies he prepare a dish for me that I hope he will add to the menu. We celebrate my mother birthday and they didn't charge for the dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent pasta dishes. BruschettaMPG1VIPDined on 4/12/2013Excellent pasta dishes. Bruschetta was very flavorful and well done. Fish was fresh and done in a healthy fashion. Only complaint was not knowing about being a BYOB and having to run across the street to a cheap liquor store to buy their best $12 bottle of red, which couldn't come close to the quality of food served.Special Features:
- I was at the restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013I was at the restaurant with a group and my three year old granddaughter. Everything was perfect--food, service, atnosphere but the live music was an unexpected treat. Highlt recommend.Special Features:
- Too pricey, bad service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013My boyfriend and I took my parents out for dinner. The four of us were very hungry since we made the reservations at 8:30pm. We got a table as soon as we walked in, but our food took literally an hour and 15 minutes to come. I was very dissapointed and my boyfriend was furious. Although the food was good, it's very pricey, pricier than Maggiano's my mother's favorite italian restaurant. Quite honestly, I will not return to this place.
- I would have rated the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013I would have rated the food higher but our table had mixed results as 2 of the dishes had so much sauce they looked like soup this restaurant just needs a little tweaking to get to the next level and overall i enjoyed this place and will go backSpecial Features:
- Ciao Amore Jazzes Italian Cuisine !OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/19/2013This was my second time at Ciao Amore and after visiting Italy this summer, I was anxious to return and COMPARE. They did not dissapoint. Everything was just as good as the first visit and a good rival for Italian visit. I ordered the special which was a ravioli with pancetta. It was AMAZING!!! My friend ordered the lobster ravioli after confirming that they used real lobster and it too, was outstanding. Our other friends were vegetarians and ordered manicotti, bean salad, and polenta. The polenta was so tasty, I was wishing I had ordered that instead of the calamari. CA is a juxaposition. They serve great Italian food, is located in Pilsen and play Jazz music. Love it and DO NOT MISS THE TIRIMISU!Special Features:
- We went to Ciao Amore RistoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/17/2013We went to Ciao Amore Ristorante for my son's birthday with a group of 8. We had a fabulous time. The waitstaff was appropriately attentive, without being hovering. The food was absolutely delicious. Every diner in our group was more than pleased with their choice. We sampled all three of the specials (bacon ravioli, mussels diablo and clams in white wine sauce). We all agreed they were fabulous and extremely flavorful. We are definitely planning on returning, and have recommended the restaurant to a number of our friends.Special Features:
- Really great Pasta and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013Really great Pasta and ambience - live jazz on Fridays - very very nice
- Positives & NegativesFoodieVIPDined on 2/9/2013Food was very good. Arancini with bolognese was excellent. I enjoyed the Osso Buco with the penne pasta. My wife liked the Chicken porcini. Thought the prices were a little high for Italian and the neighborhood (Pilsen). $24 for a chicken dish is pretty high. But the BYOB makes it a lot easier to take. Service was ok. The young guys were very personable, knowledgeable & likable, but once a table of 8 came in, we didn't see them much. All their attention went to that table and i think other diners noticed. I like a leisurely dinner, but over 2 hours for Italian is a little long. One problem was the server was taking care of 8 tables and the table of 8. He had the couple of helpers, but come onits Saturday night. Food was good. will try againSpecial Features:
- Their menu has a lot of greatOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/2/2013Their menu has a lot of great items, several of which I feel you don't see on most Italian menus in Chicago. The Latin influences are also intriguing. BYOB is a plus, too. Unfortunately, their lasagna is kind of gross, unless you like your lasagna served in so much sauce that it might as well be soup...Special Features:
- Food was very good, very generousandyDined on 1/18/2013Food was very good, very generous portions. Wait staff very friendly. Great neighborhood gem. Recommend going, won't be disappointed.Special Features: