Ciano's Modern Latin Flavors
280 E Campbell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ciano's Modern Latin Flavors
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cianosmodernlatin.com/
- Phone: 4088711939
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Su 11:30am-5:30pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:30pm-8:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:30p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Cross Street: 1st
- Public Transit: Ciano's Modern Latin Flavors is located within walking distance of the Light Rail.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ciano's Modern Latin Flavors is located within a half mile radius of two public parking structures and public lots. Street parking is also available. For a detailed map of all available parking structures and lots, please visit www.cianosmodernlatin.com.
A word from Ciano's Modern Latin Flavors
Ciano’s Modern Latin Flavors, a culinary dining experience restaurant at a reasonable price, celebrates the cuisines of all Latin America offering unique opportunities to experience the flavors of regions both familiar and unexplored ranging from Mexico to the southern most tips of Tierra del Fuego. Ciano’s Menu consists of Traditional Latin dishes with a modern twist ranging from Tapas, Ceviche, Tortas, Soups, Salads, and Main Entree'. Contemporary handcrafted Latin beverages from signature Sangrias, and other unique cocktails created by the Executive Chef can be found in our full service bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Ciano's Modern Latin Flavors - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Ciano's Modern Latin Flavors reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)vibrant bar scene (20)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (14)special occasion (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (10)romantic (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- chumley1VIPDined on 8/24/2014Always great, from food to service. Interesting menu serving great food, options to find new favsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fri nite dinnerFood4thoughtDined on 8/22/2014Met friends for dinner on a Friday night. Appetizer and dinner selections were great. While musicians were fun, the noise level was too loud to hear voices from across the table. Perhaps the group could perform from the back of the restaurant or even outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut was delicious!!SylviaVIPDined on 8/17/2014We both had the halibut and it was cooked just right. The presentation was good and the sauces and veggies were delicious. The only thing lacking was bread. Most restaurants of this caliber serve good bread before the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 7/28/2014Service was poor. Drinks (two jars of sangria) took ages to arrive and then we had to ask for glasses. The food took even longer. One dish was brought after a long wait, but we had to keep reminding the staff about the others. The server kept asking if everything was okay, despite the fact that we had no food! The individual dishes, when they finally arrived, tasted fine but our appetites had been spoiled by then. To add insult to injury, an 18% tip was added to the bill (even though there were only 7 of us.) Our server did not deserve a tip at all, certainly not 18%. I had not been to Ciano's before but it had been recommended by a friend. I will not be going there again.
- Don't try their salads!CynthiaDined on 7/27/2014Yikes! Ordered what was suppose to be a salad with strawberries, mangos, pineapple, and spiced nuts on a bed of mixed greens [seems like something else too] Got the biggest pile of mixed greens you've ever seen...no nuts, no pineapple, a few threads of mango [literally a few long spaghetti thin threads], five or six paper thin slices of strawberries [so thin you couldn't taste they were strawberries] and dressing with no punch or flavor...I think they forgot the vinegar. Oh, and you'd think they'd serve bread...no they don't. When I asked the waiter looked shocked, but finally brought me tiny, thin slices of toasted bread...dry nothing to spread on it.
- Pretty FoodInCognitoDined on 7/26/2014Our cimichuri steaks arrived cold, the sauce on the plate had a film forming on it. It appears the food was left under a heat lamp for too long. was cold and un attractive.Special Features:
- Great for Gluten Free PatronsglutenfreegrlDined on 7/20/2014Ciano's has wonderful gluten free options, very tasty appetizers and meals, plus a nice outdoor seating area. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Campbell SpotMichaelInSvyVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have gradually been trying the various restaurants in downtown Campbell; Ciano's is our latest. The service was outstanding, the music from the jazz combo soothing, the food very tasty. We will be back as well as recommend Ciano's to others.Special Features:
- So-soDuran408Dined on 6/21/2014We went for Sunday brunch. We sat down and had to ask for new cups because both of ours weren't 100% scrubbed when washed. The flavor of my pozole tasted good but my girlfriends egg dish wasn't good. Hot plate of very lightly seasoned over-easy eggs + mushrooms + grilled onions = a mush towards the end with not much flavor to it. The bar seemed like it was awesome for night occasions but I the food isn't my first choice.Special Features:
- Sister Lunch DateZGirlVIPDined on 6/19/2014It was the perfect spot for a sister lunch date with food to share, good drinks, pleasant-efficient service all enjoyed sitting outside on a sunny day. See you back soon.Special Features:
- Surprisingly sophisticatedBiggerEyesVIPDined on 6/16/20143 of us dined here and were blown away! The El Trio had amazingly good dips (guac, bean and salsa), the chips were a wee bit greasy but tasty. The Albondigas came with a bean base, both were excellent. The Empanada was very tasty. The Filet Mignon was excellent all round, with every component well executed and assembled. The elements of the Skirt Steak were all excellent with the exception of the meat itself - may be an off day? The Sueno(?) dessert we ordered was excellent as well..great presentation and taste. The wine and cocktail list were deemed good by my companions. I can't vouch for the authenticity, having limited experience with Cuban food, but this place impresses with the presentation, execution, flavors and portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good concept, poor executionGordoDined on 6/15/2014Overpriced. Small plates at large plate prices. Good concept but less than perfect execution. Lacked freshness. Veggie empanada was only noteworthy item. Needs more veggie options too.
- MLIHDined on 6/14/2014good and interesting food. We shared everything and the size of the tapas was perfect for that (4 people). Loved the live music. Service very friendly, owner came to our table and chatted. We will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely going back!LorenzaDined on 6/8/2014First timers here, we chose Ciano's for an early dinner after Sunday afternoon symphony and ordered off of the Happy Hour (Hora Feliz)! menu. Happy hour goes from 2:00-6:00 and we arrived at 5:15, which explains why they were out of some of the things we wanted to order. But what we DID get was all wonderful. Without the menu in front of me I can't remember all the names, but just about anything on the Happy Hour menu is yummy. We did order the ceviche from the main menu and it may have been the best ceviche I've ever tasted---and I've had it in Lima, Peru! Drinks were great too. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Terrific tapas & Amazing AlbarinoSeaFoodieDined on 5/30/2014This is a great place to eat tapas style. Creative, unique, artfully presented. We had 5 in all. The best of these being the yellow tail ceviche and shrimp/scallops. We also like that the menu includes vegetarian and gluten free icons. Sea Food Watch guideslines also followed. Fabulous service. The Albarino is my new favorite white wine and, since it is a barrel craft wine, I will have to go back to enjoy it! Salud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014Enjoyed the live music. Great service. Food was hit and miss-some dishes were very good others just ok.
- Loved it!DawnVIPDined on 5/24/2014The service was outstanding, fast and friendly. Our table was outside which added to the ambiance of the hustle and bustle of downtown Campbell. Everything from our appetizers, to our meal and drinks was excellent. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- MarioBPC1Dined on 5/23/2014Great Food and Drink and Owner Mario makes you feel better than Sam on CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewerNameVIPDined on 5/11/2014Dinners were good for the most part, server was forgetful on several occasions. Will probably try again at a later date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- innovative Latin menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014interesting food, nice place. service was slow but the staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Latin themed restaurantfoodieDined on 5/3/2014My first time here and I was not disappointed. Good food, good service, and a wonderful mango sangria made for an enjoyable evening. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, decent foodlovetapasDined on 5/2/2014The restaurant has a nice selection of tapas and a pleasant atmosphere. We were a group of nine seated outside as we had requested. It took twenty minutes before someone arrived to take a drinks order, and then another twenty five minutes before the bottles of wine arrived (we were still waiting for the beers, and the server had to be reminded). The servers were all very pleasant and didn't seem overly busy, but just didn't appear very interested in serving us. We enjoyed the food, but would hesitate to go back. We wondered if the service would have been more attentive if the service charge had not been included.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Ciano's Modern Latin Flavors reviews archive.
- Awesome surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014Was going downtown to grab dinner with nothing in mind...and saw this restaurant next to opas - totally great menu awesome sangriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the small plates are excellent.OutandaboutVIPDined on 4/11/2014All the small plates are excellent. The Azteca soup is just like served in Ixtapa Mexico, Wonderful!Special Features:
- Great small platesCampbellfoodieDined on 4/11/2014Really enjoyed the small plates to share. They were delicious! Lively atmosphere. Didn't care for the margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, good foodmindianerVIPDined on 4/4/2014This was a nice place, but not memorable. We all enjoyed our food. Nice flavors, but not as unusual or well balanced as I hoped for. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food qualityboxladyVIPDined on 3/31/2014This was the first time at this restaurant and when we got there we were the only ones there. My biggest complaint was the food was cold, three of us had the skirt steak, and not only was the steak lukewarm ALL the sides with it were almost cold. It was as if the cooks left it on the counter while they cooked the fourth persons fish, which was boiling hot. The servers were sitting in the middle of the place at one of the tables talking, very unprofessional. We had to get up and get a refill on our beer, no waitress. it was a shame, we were so excited to try this place. There are just to many places to eat to go back to a place with such low quality. they did comp us desserts and corkage, and said they were sorry.Special Features:
- Very Goid ExperienceSteveVIPDined on 3/28/2014We sat outside by a heater an the seating was perfect. Great to watch the Friday night - night life build. The food was very, very good. The seafood stew was excellent. We loved the tropical ceviche. Bar service was an little slow and the acolhol choices can be expanded but this did not detour us from having a great experience. We enjoyed a leisure dinner with outstanding food in a terrific setting. The servers were all very friendly and helpful. A little more attention to detail and they will all be 10's. Definitely visit Ciano's. You will enjoy it!Special Features:
- So much promiseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014But execution fell short...couldn't get my martini right. Presentation was sloppy and flavors fell short on main dish. Jicama and arugula salad with habanero dressing was best course. Service would have been higher as waiter was extremely courteous except for lack of speed.
- A great new restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2014I was reading through the Silicon Valley Metro and saw that Ciano's had won for best new restaurant. I decided to take friend of mine and try it out. They did not disappoint, excellent food, and excellent service. This restaurant has a very creative way of delivering food, they provided excellent dishes with fabulous presentation. The food has a genuine great flavor. The spices that are used are very representative of the latin countries that they represent. I will be coming back for more.. Great job Ciano's! The ambiance is fantastic. The bar is a very nice size, plenty of room for many customers. They have many beers on tap that are very cold and tasty. Great for people watching in Downtown Campbell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday dinnerfoodieDined on 3/22/2014We had our original reservation for 6 but a couple of friends called last minute so we had to add two people to our table. The manager and the servers were courteous and friendly and helped us out adding the 2 last minute guests. Food and drinks were great, their sangria options kept me curious as they add to each variety rum, gin, tequila and have different flavors which is unique. The ambiance is modern and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Drink!seegreenDined on 3/16/2014Ciano's is a good neighborhood restaurant in Campbell. A good spot for couples or small groups. Comfortable decor and not loud like many of its surrounding neighborhood restaurants. The food choices are varied and it's not your common Latin restaurant. The citrus salad was a delicious choice with fresh greens and a tasty dressing with just a light touch of chili. My favorite entree is the vegetarian tamal. It is the best tamal I have ever eaten. Another yummy entre is the white fish in a scrumptious coconut sauce. Lots of choices for all tastes. They have lots of great beers on tap and a very mean sangria with bourbon. Have been twice and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Gluten Free OptionsShockVIPDined on 3/15/2014I would have given 3.5 if I could have. Downtown Campbell is hip, and this is the chic dining bar & dining spot. The food, drinks, and service all need just a little more attention to detail. For example, food was brought without the necessary service or eating utensils, when we were clearly sharing; even after asking for them. The drinks a little too much fruit and not enough alcohol, the salad was over dressed, the seafood stew was an $18 dish for $25. The flat bread app was excellent, and doesn't need changing. The menu is clearly marked for GF and vegetarian, and many options exist for both. Its got minimal outdoor seating, but what it does have is good, and the open doors gives it an airy feel even indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It took quite some time forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2014It took quite some time for anyone to come to our table after we were seated. When the gal did show up, she did not seem to know the menu well. We all felt our food was mediocre at best. This was my third time at The restaurant: lunch once and dinner twice. I doubt I will be back .