3017 Ruston Way
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.cishenanigans.com/
- Phone: 2537528811
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 1:45pm
**Lunch is not served on Sunday.**
SOUNDS ON THE SOUND
Live Music, drink specials, and early weekends on the patio. Every Thursday at 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Eric Matthies
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from C.I. Shenanigans
This classic Tacoma waterfront seafood and steak restaurant has been entertaining guests since 1983. CI's dining room provides warm, casual elegance with sweeping views of the Olympic Mountains and Commencement Bay. During the summer months, join them for casual dining or an impromptu gathering on their spacious deck. Guests enjoy succulent steaks, brilliant fresh seafood and other fine Northwest Cuisine. Choose from an extensive list of Washington and California wines, freshly shaken signature martinis and cosmopolitans; the ultimate accompaniment to any menu choice. Try one of their freshly made desserts to top off the memorable experience. CI's banquet facilities can accommodate parties as small as 10 and as large as 200. Their Special Events Coordinator will be happy to provide all the information and help needed to plan such events. Please come enjoy the service and hospitality of the gracious staff at CI Shenanigans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
C.I. Shenanigans - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
C.I. Shenanigans reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (90)great for outdoor dining (71)special occasion (69)romantic (46)great for brunch (37)good for groups (36)great for lunch (34)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014When the weather is nice, the outside dining is fantastic. Food and service were all spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014A perfect place for a special event. The setting is very pleasant and service is outstanding. It is always better to reserve if you are looking to spend an evening with someone special. The food is absolutely great. And I would totally go there again and recommend this place to anyone who wants to spend a nice and a quiet evening at a fabulous place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It wasn't a total disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our seating hostess suddenly disappeared as we were promised to be seated so we ended up waiting longer than necessary. The waitress left the table before my wife could order an appetizer. Our dinners must have sat under the heat lamps too long before getting served because my salmon and my wife's halibut were both incredibly dry. My plate was comped but the disappointment of our overall dinning experience was great. The staff were all very nice and did soften the blow of a lousy dinner, but when you pay $25 per plate, you would hope that level of product would match the price, it wasn't even close.Special Features:
- Treehugger44Dined on 9/8/2014I hosted a luncheon for family friends from Los Angeles. They particularly enjoyed the view. The salmon was great (a Northwest lunch).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food wasn't that great. The service was poor. Waitress wasn't friendly. She didn't even tell us the fresh catch information or ask if we wanted soup or salad. It felt like she just dumped the food at our table and left. I will not be going back to Shenanigans.
- Bad tableOtherwiseDined on 8/13/2014Menu was excellent, table was almost after thought, located in a window between dining areas the view was good but the constant traffic was bothersome. A quite table without the view would have been preferred.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniverserygbironmanDined on 8/13/2014This was a perfect find for us. We were celebrating our 10 Year Anniversery. The waiter Noel was great. He was nice and conversational. My wife and I don't typically talk to much to waiters, we go to be together, but he was just the right amount of available and yet gave us space too. He asked if we were there for a celebration and we got free dessert because we were. The price was very reasonable and we even had recieved a buy one get one Enetree so we considered this a steal. The weather wasn't the best so the outside wasn't open, but it was still a pretty view and we enjoyed it. We went for a later lunch at 1PM. The groups there were mostly wrapping up so it got quieter about half way through. Great overall experence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time favoriteGrtnghtoutDined on 8/8/2014We have been coming to C.I. Schenanigans for many years, the food is superb and service is the very best. We very much enjoy the views as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open spacewhiskMEawayDined on 8/8/2014The deck is huge with a view of all of the water traffic going in and out of Tacoma. The menu is typical of the Northwest; surf and turf items with a variety of salads and pasta. Was the food stellar? No, but combined with the view and casual atmosphere it made for an enjoyable evening. The salad makings were really fresh and the crab mac and cheese was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad dining experiencejmartDined on 8/7/2014We went to C.I. Shenanigan's for Easter brunch 2014 - it was very good. Based on that, we took 2 out-of-town guests to dinner there Thursday night (Aug. 7, 2014). The food was the worst. We paid $140 for a meal that was worse than we would have gotten at Denny's. The NW potstickers were dry and tasteless and did not even resemble actual potstickers. The fish and chips were greasy and mediocre. The calamari was the one thing that was good. My salmon ravioli was bland and overcooked. The restaurant needed a good cleaning and update. I didn't notice at Easter. We were kept waiting to be seated even though the restaurant was clearly not busy. Our waitress was lackluster. .We were disappointed.
- ServiceNotfarawayDined on 8/7/2014Michelle was an amazing wait person. She was professional, very nice, and attentive.Special Features:
- Great view, great foodJojoDined on 8/7/2014Celebrated my dad's birthday and had a wonderful time. Our waiter Jeff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, okay otherwiseCavernsOfMarsDined on 8/5/2014Went for a business dinner with a group. Service was slow and one of our party didn't get his entree when the rest of us did--server said that the order was "missed". After numerous apologies from the server and manager, and a complaint by us, his food finally arrived about 15 minutes later. We were given free deserts, but the dinner took way too long and the food was "meh". Great view, but I probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wasn't like 2 years agomillermDined on 8/3/2014I booked a reservation based on our dining experience in August 2012. That was quite simply an outstanding event, service impeccable, we discussed how great our food was for weeks and truly looked forward to our next opportunity to dine at CI Shenanigans again. Unfortunately this time our evening was not anything like that - and this is not to say the food wasn't spectacular - the food saved the experience. Our waiter was quite simply the worst waiter I've ever experienced. Thank goodness, about 2/3 of the way through our dining experience another waiter took over our table. From then on things went slightly better waiter wise - but we WON'T BE BACK EVER.Special Features:
- Great Serv. Quality of food poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Waiter was awesome nice job but two of the meals were cold. Not the kind of person that complains to the waiter so I didn't say anything. The meals took a long time to get to us and they were not that busy. Because of the long wait the waiter comp. the apatizer. Probably why the food was cold. Great place, but with the bill almost $200.00 for the three of is I expected a little better quality control on the preparation of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFoodLuver123Dined on 8/3/2014Deck seating was amazing! Beautiful view on a beautiful day! Service was impeccable, friendly, and efficient! Food was fresh and nicely presented, tho lacking in labels. A few items were difficult to discern what they actually were. Also it was at times difficult to maneuver around the buffet because of the amount of diners crowded around the tables. It was the first brunch/buffet that I got perfect eggs benedict! I will return and recommend this to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I just want to say our waitress was the best. She was a young woman from Alaska planning on starting school in the fall for putting makeup and faces on actors/actress's. Very pleasant and attentive, an assay to your restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, disappointed w/managerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014Good food, beautiful view. Tried to use a Open Table check that I earned with my points. Restaurant refused to take it and would not even call or read the check. Just said No. I was hoping to reduce the EXPENSIVE bill with my check but management refused to take it. We will not be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I scheduled a group of 5 for lunch on line and the process was painless. We were greater at the door and seated promptly, even though we were a few minutes early. The waiter was entertaining and efficient. The menu selection was ample and delicious. The seating was at a window and our entire reunion was enjoyable. I traveled from Cashmere, another traveled from Vancouver, the other three from Tacoma area. Thank you for a wonderful experience. We posted our picture on FB.Special Features:
- Outside on the waterjndndmVIPDined on 7/16/2014Shenanigan's has the greatest outdoor dining, it's become our favorite place for brunch and dinner. The menu is good, we love the fish tacos. The view of the bay and Vashon Island is stunning. With a glass of prosecco, it is the perfect spot for a hot summer day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We couldnt ask for a better lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We arrived with a party of 8 making reservations through Open Table. Everything was set up nicely with a corner view and service began immediatley. The food had great flavor and very large portions. We were not dissapointed. Thanks for making our day even more special. We can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Unfortunate CoincidenceJamesanderson75Dined on 7/12/2014I planned to celebrate my anniversary here after extensive research and restaurant comparison. I had made reservations nearly six weeks out from the date. Upon arriving, coincidentally, there was another group with the same last name waiting for their walk-in table. As this unfolded, I attempted to clarify my reservation. The hosts gave our reservation to them and made us wait about 30 minutes for another table. The host didn't seem to care and mindlessly went about her duties. Simply taking a minute to de-conflict the issue could have prevented the issue. Despite this, the restaurant was a good experience. Good food, great server, good time. I only wish my care could have been taken to keep my anniversary special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014The patio was great! We enjoyed our great meal and the beautiful weather. Thanks CI Shenanigans!!!!Special Features:
- Perfect Day!FoodieVIPDined on 7/8/2014Went for a sunset dinner - beautiful table outside. Food was okay -we've had better oysters there before. Had to ask for a couple times several times (tabasco, lemon slices, ice). But overall a good dinner.Special Features:
- BuckeyemanDined on 7/6/2014I had the stuffed prawns and they were great, I just wish there had been a little more. To be honest I went home and had a snack. Our waitress made sure we had everything we needed and always seemed available just in case. Great tasting beer selection. Everybody was friendly and attentive. Nice variety on menu. Super easy reservations online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDoneDined on 7/6/2014The cocoanut shrimp was dry and overdone. The steak was burnt. The service was less then good. This use to be a really nice place to bring friends for a nice evening but not any more. It is turning into an upscale Denny's.Special Features:
- buffet , dinner, or lunchNWHappyDined on 7/6/2014service, location, atmosphere excellent. Food:fresh raw oyster bar excellent Desserts tiny portions, delicious mousse,lemon tarts, good pastry no guilt. Roastbeef-tougher than I'd serve at home good salad options, always baked salmon--I put on greens.I miss Loxs. sitting outside overlooking the water no one rushes, one of THE NW experiences. great job Shenanigans. thank you Open Table for easy facilitation of the reservation with an outside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timewarnerhouseDined on 7/6/2014Me and my wife went to brunch and had a great time, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Celebrated our Anniversary. The food was wonderful. The service was friendly, timely and prompt. The view of the sound is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, but not worth the wait54BWUDined on 7/1/2014I made a reservation for 7:00 pm on open table. I was seated at 7:25 pm. Apparently they know how to "take" a reservation. They just don' t know how to "hold" a reservation.Special Features:
- IloveblueDined on 6/25/2014We were very pleased with our delicious lunch that we enjoyed on your beautiful deck. Our service was outstanding and there just isn't a nicer place to enjoy an outstanding view and lunch with friends. We hope you continue to strive for excellence as we found our experience to be a more than pleasant one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014It was over very nice. I would recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot to brunch!BrunchObsessedDined on 6/22/2014My husband & I frequently make reservations for Sunday brunch at CI's and we're never disappointed! Every Sunday they have a huge spread of breakfast, sweets, & seafood offerings -- On top of that, each week they have a different theme for the savory foods! The brunch buffet is priced very reasonably, and all non-alcoholic beverages are included! Fabulous food & breathtaking views make this the perfect spot to have brunch with your significant other!Special Features:
- Table43Dined on 6/21/2014Every time I come here I always leave feeling like my experience was amazing. From the food to the atmosphere and to the staff who make dining there enjoyable. That's why I love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great!LindaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The service was excellent...Enjoyed the steamers & sauteed spinach but husband was disappointed in the mac & cheese. My brother in law did not care for the tartar sauce....it had too much dill in it & I agree. Overall, it was good though.Special Features:
- great corporate event spaceplannerDined on 6/18/2014When we plan a corporate dinner this is always the first place I book. Beautiful setting for dinner, great food and service too.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014My wife and I had an awesome dinner. The waiter recommended great wine. I had to 20oz new York. And my wife had the 8oz rib eye and salmon entrée. Both were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Father's Dayfuntimes3Dined on 6/15/2014Brought my husband to C I Shenanigan's for a fabulous Father's Day dinner. It was his choice, and what a great choice it was. We sat near the window by the water. The weather was calm, although they said it would rain. Our waitress Chi was great and very attentive. She provided top notch service to us. We had the calamari appetizer and it was divine. The chef that created this dish deserves high praises...absolutely scrumptious! We both ordered steaks and they were the best! Kudos to the restaurant and staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulinaDined on 6/14/2014Very nice as always but this occasion I also reserved on line and requested a window seat due to we brought out of state guests with us whom never have been to Old Town Tacoma. But instead we had a view away from the windows we were seated about three rows away from the windows... still we had a somewhat of a view but not as we had hoped for our out of town guests to enjoy. I guess reserving more than a few days ahead really doesn't help. Hopefully next time we reserve a window seat we really do indeed get a window seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLindaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our server was very friendly. The food was amazing. My husband enjoyed his copper river salmon chowder & the spinach is the best. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.