3017 Ruston Way
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.cishenanigans.com/
- Phone: (253) 752-8811
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 1:45pm
**Lunch is not served on Sunday.**
SOUNDS ON THE SOUND
Live Music, drink specials, and early weekends on the patio. Every Thursday at 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Eric Matthies
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from C.I. Shenanigans
This classic Tacoma waterfront seafood and steak restaurant has been entertaining guests since 1983. CI's dining room provides warm, casual elegance with sweeping views of the Olympic Mountains and Commencement Bay. During the summer months, join them for casual dining or an impromptu gathering on their spacious deck. Guests enjoy succulent steaks, brilliant fresh seafood and other fine Northwest Cuisine. Choose from an extensive list of Washington and California wines, freshly shaken signature martinis and cosmopolitans; the ultimate accompaniment to any menu choice. Try one of their freshly made desserts to top off the memorable experience. CI's banquet facilities can accommodate parties as small as 10 and as large as 200. Their Special Events Coordinator will be happy to provide all the information and help needed to plan such events. Please come enjoy the service and hospitality of the gracious staff at CI Shenanigans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
C.I. Shenanigans - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
C.I. Shenanigans reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)special occasion (55)great for brunch (40)great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (36)good for groups (30)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- Nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Very nice views but our waiter was unattentive with zero personality. My steak was way over cooked and the manager who was very nice offered to make a new one. The second one was under cooked but had nice flavor. The chowder that was offered to me was the only item that was spot on.Special Features:
- Great date nightThePalinsDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I are always pleased with the attentive service, and this Saturday's experience with our server Jenna was no different. Each of our courses came out timely, but no so quick as to rush us along. And each course was spot on in taste, temperature, and presentation. We came in specifically for a seafood feast, and left completely satisfied. We choose C. I. Shenanigans for many of our special occasions because we know what to expect and never leave disappointed. Thanks for another great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The variety of dishes is immense, the quality high, and the service superb. We are fairly regular visitors. C. I. Shenanigans Sunday brunch is expected in all of our birthday celebrations.Special Features:
- Sunday Morning504luvDined on 11/9/2014A great way to start your Sunday. This is the closest thing around to a New Orleans style brunch. I have been on several occasions and each time the service, atmosphere, and view of the sound have been spectacular. Will be joining you again shortly. ThanksSpecial Features:
- AndeeDined on 11/4/2014Three old high school friends met to lunch and to catch up. We had a perfect private table and stayed for about three hours. Thankfully it was not a busy day. We enjoyed our table with a view. The service was very good, the food was OK. The wine was excellent.Special Features:
- Seafood DishesFoodLover14Dined on 11/2/2014The host staff were accommodating and the server was very friendly and knowledgeable. The food did not match the professional service that I would have expected. Based on the recommendation of the server: Seafood Dishes - Halibut with Green Beans and Rice / Fish & Chips / Pan Seared Scallops with Vegetables. The halibut was very dry and the presentation was something that I would have expected from a diner. The rice was too sweet and didn't compliment the Halibut, probably because it was dry and not seasoned properly that allowed the fish to soak up the seasoning from the pan. The Scallops were also a bit dry with the presentation being mediocre. The Fish & Chips were basic and not something I ever expected to be Presented poorly.Special Features:
- nice night outreddwarf007Dined on 10/31/2014Halloween night. We dined in full costume. Employees at the restaurant were very friendly and all wished us a happy Halloween. The food was nice. I didn't like the Oysters Rockefeller, the bacon was too hard and crunchy. Other people in my party liked it, though. My steak was cooked perfect. meatloaf was OK. All in all very nice. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchLovesGoodFoodDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I have dined here many times and it never gets old! We love their Sunday brunch as each week the theme changes so you are getting the chefs specials along with regular brunch breakfast items. f you want that special omelette they will be happy to make that for you. Now ifyou have that sweet tooth, well you have to pass that table before you get seated! We also appreciate the fact that you are never rushed when dining! If by chance you have to watch the Seahawks on Sunday, well they will seat you at the tables in the bar area! We have never been bothered by the noise from the bar area while in the main dining area.Special Features:
- Sounder SupporterShield CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014This was our first time dinning here. Great service and wonderful food. Our waiter was very enthusiastic about the food and his job! Will be returning.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buggy13Dined on 10/25/2014My son went to dinner with his date for homecoming....so expenses were tight...perfect timing for the coupon. Food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchcriticaldiner7Dined on 10/23/2014Quiet due to time of day. Booth a little too tight for us and seats low. We told person it was for a Birthday... nothing offered. One person "asked" if they give complimentary Birthday dessert "like another specific place" waiter offered 2 choices of small desserts... and brought one. Food good, like the "pair" item. Had asked on reservation for window table.. there were some empty during 1 PM time but we were not given one.Special Features:
- great servicejosieDined on 10/18/2014The service was awesome. One of the best waiters I've ever had. Very knowledgeable of the menu. Answered all our questions and even gave recommendations to try. Our glasses were never empty. The food was delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- One of my FavoritesDineeTamiDined on 10/18/2014Shenanigan's is GREAT. Food is consistently tasty. Excellent Service. Appreciated the Birthday Dessert :) I'll be back.Special Features:
- KiknjazzJaaaaaaaazzDined on 10/14/2014It was a great night for a romantic dinner. The food was good but the server had a chilly personality which took away from the dining experience. Normally it's a great experience. A good, positive interaction with the server is part of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch AroundSacredmaidenDined on 10/12/2014One of my college buddies and I have tried brunch at a variety of restaurants in the area. We keep going back to CI Shenanigans because it is, by far, the best. The price is a little high, depending on what you eat, but the environment is really fun and there tends to be a good variety of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice quiet meeting place.ThomasDined on 10/9/2014If you are looking for a comfortable place to meet and have a wonderful meal I would definitely recommend C.I. Shenanigans. I had a wonderful experience. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, location, locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Ok, this is a pretty spotright on the water. But beware, it is pricey. Our party enjoyed their steaks. My fish and chips were not hot and not special for $18.00. Usually busy.Special Features:
- Perfect Meal Overlooking PugetSoundToddDined on 10/1/2014I prefer the tiered oval booths, with the raised view and comfortable seating, but the tables by the window provide wonderful spots to enjoy all that Shenanigans has to offer. On warm days, the outdoor seating puts you right out over the water. Everything is amazing, the drinks, appetizers, soups, salads and exotic tasting main dishes. The service is just right, there when you need them, and very polite! Perfect for a special occasion, but so good you'll want to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotSeamom43Dined on 9/28/2014Service was great! Very accommodating for a group of 12 in a private room. For a buffet style brunch, the food is good, we all went back for seconds, thirds, fourths...Special Features:
- Best Brunch in townDickDined on 9/28/2014From the tremendous selection to the attractive presentation and the wonderful tastes, this is without doubt the best brunch in the entire area and the prices are very good. I recommend it for anyone who loves good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014frequent guest,, great except for the long detour which we were not aware beforehand since it was a big event - marathon.Special Features:
- our anniversaryAR715Dined on 9/27/2014I made a reservation weeks in advance for our 1 year wedding anniversary, we were seated promptly, however we were seated at a table that looked more like an after thought. It was in the middle of the walkway so needless to say constant traffic coming thru which was incredibly distracting. We moved to the bar area, only to have our waiter have an attitude like she didn't want to be there. Horrible experience for over 100 dollar dinner and our anniversary dinner was not what I had hoped it would be.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Great service! Wonderful food and beautiful views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningtinasDined on 9/16/2014I took a friend there for her birthday an we had a blast. The view was beautiful and the food was great. I had the steak cobb salad which was served beautifully and tasted amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dinner and Outstanding Servicevmichel54Dined on 9/15/2014I dined with five women, celebrating a birthday at CI Shenanigans! It was a gorgeous September day, so we chose to sit outside! When the sun went down, we had anticipated being able to stay outside with heaters, but the heaters were all out of propane!! Disappointing. We had an excellent server who found us a place in the restaurant right after we finished out appetizers. We ordered stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and were not sorry. They were excellent! I ordered a Crab and Shrimp Louie and, although the shrimp was good, the crab was a shredded crab that was tasteless. The crab was definitely not King or Dungeness crab, as one would expect in a nice restaurant. It was just ok. The service, though,was amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014When the weather is nice, the outside dining is fantastic. Food and service were all spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion placetfursov8Dined on 9/13/2014A perfect place for a special event. The setting is very pleasant and service is outstanding. It is always better to reserve if you are looking to spend an evening with someone special. The food is absolutely great. And I would totally go there again and recommend this place to anyone who wants to spend a nice and a quiet evening at a fabulous place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It wasn't a total disasterGeoff4RFCDined on 9/12/2014Our seating hostess suddenly disappeared as we were promised to be seated so we ended up waiting longer than necessary. The waitress left the table before my wife could order an appetizer. Our dinners must have sat under the heat lamps too long before getting served because my salmon and my wife's halibut were both incredibly dry. My plate was comped but the disappointment of our overall dinning experience was great. The staff were all very nice and did soften the blow of a lousy dinner, but when you pay $25 per plate, you would hope that level of product would match the price, it wasn't even close.Special Features:
- Treehugger44Dined on 9/8/2014I hosted a luncheon for family friends from Los Angeles. They particularly enjoyed the view. The salmon was great (a Northwest lunch).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food wasn't that great. The service was poor. Waitress wasn't friendly. She didn't even tell us the fresh catch information or ask if we wanted soup or salad. It felt like she just dumped the food at our table and left. I will not be going back to Shenanigans.
- Bad tableOtherwiseDined on 8/13/2014Menu was excellent, table was almost after thought, located in a window between dining areas the view was good but the constant traffic was bothersome. A quite table without the view would have been preferred.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniverserygbironmanDined on 8/13/2014This was a perfect find for us. We were celebrating our 10 Year Anniversery. The waiter Noel was great. He was nice and conversational. My wife and I don't typically talk to much to waiters, we go to be together, but he was just the right amount of available and yet gave us space too. He asked if we were there for a celebration and we got free dessert because we were. The price was very reasonable and we even had recieved a buy one get one Enetree so we considered this a steal. The weather wasn't the best so the outside wasn't open, but it was still a pretty view and we enjoyed it. We went for a later lunch at 1PM. The groups there were mostly wrapping up so it got quieter about half way through. Great overall experence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time favoriteGrtnghtoutDined on 8/8/2014We have been coming to C.I. Schenanigans for many years, the food is superb and service is the very best. We very much enjoy the views as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open spacewhiskMEawayDined on 8/8/2014The deck is huge with a view of all of the water traffic going in and out of Tacoma. The menu is typical of the Northwest; surf and turf items with a variety of salads and pasta. Was the food stellar? No, but combined with the view and casual atmosphere it made for an enjoyable evening. The salad makings were really fresh and the crab mac and cheese was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad dining experiencejmartDined on 8/7/2014We went to C.I. Shenanigan's for Easter brunch 2014 - it was very good. Based on that, we took 2 out-of-town guests to dinner there Thursday night (Aug. 7, 2014). The food was the worst. We paid $140 for a meal that was worse than we would have gotten at Denny's. The NW potstickers were dry and tasteless and did not even resemble actual potstickers. The fish and chips were greasy and mediocre. The calamari was the one thing that was good. My salmon ravioli was bland and overcooked. The restaurant needed a good cleaning and update. I didn't notice at Easter. We were kept waiting to be seated even though the restaurant was clearly not busy. Our waitress was lackluster. .We were disappointed.
- ServiceNotfarawayDined on 8/7/2014Michelle was an amazing wait person. She was professional, very nice, and attentive.Special Features:
- Great view, great foodJojoDined on 8/7/2014Celebrated my dad's birthday and had a wonderful time. Our waiter Jeff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, okay otherwiseCavernsOfMarsDined on 8/5/2014Went for a business dinner with a group. Service was slow and one of our party didn't get his entree when the rest of us did--server said that the order was "missed". After numerous apologies from the server and manager, and a complaint by us, his food finally arrived about 15 minutes later. We were given free deserts, but the dinner took way too long and the food was "meh". Great view, but I probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wasn't like 2 years agomillermDined on 8/3/2014I booked a reservation based on our dining experience in August 2012. That was quite simply an outstanding event, service impeccable, we discussed how great our food was for weeks and truly looked forward to our next opportunity to dine at CI Shenanigans again. Unfortunately this time our evening was not anything like that - and this is not to say the food wasn't spectacular - the food saved the experience. Our waiter was quite simply the worst waiter I've ever experienced. Thank goodness, about 2/3 of the way through our dining experience another waiter took over our table. From then on things went slightly better waiter wise - but we WON'T BE BACK EVER.Special Features:
- Great Serv. Quality of food poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Waiter was awesome nice job but two of the meals were cold. Not the kind of person that complains to the waiter so I didn't say anything. The meals took a long time to get to us and they were not that busy. Because of the long wait the waiter comp. the apatizer. Probably why the food was cold. Great place, but with the bill almost $200.00 for the three of is I expected a little better quality control on the preparation of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.