938 110th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chutneys.com/
- Phone: 4254670867
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily:11:30AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide delivery services to residential and commercial locations for parties and special events. Call to schedule an appointment to discuss our catering menu, delivery arrangements and to place your order.
A word from Chutney's
At Chutneys we practice the fine art of Moghul cooking....in a way that will delight and entice you! Take a look at our menu and extensive wine list.....or better yet, come visit us at our convenient location in Bellevue, Washington.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chutney's reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Amazing FoodLovethis1gemVIPDined on 5/26/2014My partner and I were on business in Seattle and decided for some Indian food while in Bellevue. Found Chutneys. This is place is so unique and what stood out most of all, was the service and quality of food. The owner himself kept checking on us and seeing that were happy with menu and food. The food was excellent, and the once again, the service was outstanding. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Seattle / Bellevue. Highest stars and cudos for great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere.RedmondPaulDined on 2/14/2014If you are looking for a nice, white table cloth, indian restauran, then Chutneys is a great choice. Food is excellent and employees are pleasant. They make the extra effort to be sure you feel comfortable and are taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation for 7pm was seatedSpinfitsDined on 2/14/2014Reservation for 7pm was seated 45 minutes late. Once seated, overwhelmed staff was friendly.
- Just plain badRoberrtVIPDined on 11/20/2013There are several good Indian restaurants in the Bellevue/Redmond area (Mayuri and Moksha for two) but this isn't one of them. The place was quiet, only a few other diners, yet still the service was slow and inattentive. The food was lukewarm and just not very flavorful. One of our party ordered the mango chicken - you had to strain the thin soup like sauce to find the occasional tiny piece of chicken. I should have paid more attention to the other reviews. This place is just not worth it.
- Great placedamachengDined on 11/3/2013It has been years since I lastly tried Indian food restaurants but this restaurant made me a greatly impressed. The food was great and I really liked the quiet atmosphere here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Service feltDebbiedinerDined on 10/26/2013Disappointed Service felt disorganized, wrong dish was brought which was not a surprise. Although my dish was excellent, another was not.
- Great Team!DavidMullerDined on 6/8/2013We had a party of 14 people. The owner and his team took very good care of us served amazing dishes family style! The food was also amazing. Some of the best we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian indifference showscharlesDined on 4/28/2013The waitress seemed new and not very knowledgable about wine list or the menu. She was slow, possibly a result of her lack of training. Too many items came to the table indifferently, the soup was late arriving and interfered with the already presented entrees. The Indian fare is authentic and cooked well, the prices though are high.
- Great Restaurant from top to bottomPatiDined on 3/29/2013We enjoyed our dinner very much. The food was excellent and the service was beyond excellent. We will happily go there again when in the mood for great Indian cuisine.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andBricebabyVIPDined on 3/23/2013The food was delicious and the wonderful staff asked us to try out a new dessert "on the house" - it was fabulous! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Been to better...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013Good food - but for the price I have had better Indian food. We went because a friend was in town who had been before and loved it.
- Tasty but not spicy enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2013The service was a bit slow, even though there were only a few tables filled. One waiter was doing it all until later, when more waiters arrived. The restaurant is attractive and romantically lit, not dark. The food is good, but could be spicier. I asked for mine to be just below medium. It was not spicy at all. I really enjoyed mine and ordered a dessert to go.Special Features:
- It was just okay...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013A few girls and I met for my birthday here for lunch. They were training a new gal, but the owner was there to step in and assist. Which would have been fine, but he was painfully awkward with us. The place was not busy at all, and one of my girlfriends was about 30 minutes late, they kept coming by urging us to order, and we politely repeated about 3 times that we were still waiting for someone. Once said late gall arrived, the owner interrupted immediately jumped in, interupting us multiple times, telling us to order, which I realize you need to order food/drinks at a restaurant, but just give us a minute to catch up, goodness... especially being as slow as it was. Anyway, lunch service was ok - maybe dinner time would be better.
- The owner treated our largemarionandindyVIPDined on 11/11/2012The owner treated our large crowd like family, and we enjoyed our time immensely. It also helps that there is easy parking in the same building, and the restaurant easily accommodated our party of 10. Food was excellent as were the wine suggestions.Special Features:
- Lots to recommend at ChutneysLZW88Dined on 11/11/2012Lovely, quiet atmosphere, indoor parking next door (free), good to very good food and excellent service. I've been there for lunch (excellent buffet) and dinner, both for business and socially.Special Features:
- All meat in the various dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2012All meat in the various dishes and appetizers was overcooked which made it tough and dry. Good menu but the kitchen could do much better.
- Curry it up!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012This place has the best Indian food in Bellevue! The food is absolutely amazing! I wish I could give the names of the delicious items my boyfriend and I have enjoyed (now on a few occasions). The times that we have gone, we have asked the manager "What would you suggest?" My advice...go with whatever he suggests! You can’t go wrong, it was outstanding! Unfortunately the downside, as I have seen with every Indian restaurant, is that your clothing tends to hold the smells of curry and garlic even after leaving. But the food is worth it! I plan on going back very soon!Special Features:
- Great service, ambiance andpatronVIPDined on 10/4/2012Great service, ambiance and wonderfully delicious food. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The food and service wereSarahDined on 9/28/2012The food and service were amazing. At the top of our list in Bellevue. Great service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- The owner suggested we goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012The owner suggested we go with a set menu, since we had a such a large group (16 people), so we agreed. We had two types of appetizers, five entrees, and two types of naan. The appetizers were very good, though the chutney was a bit boring. The naan was pretty average; not bad, but not excellent. The chicken tikka masala was amazingly good, and the saag paneer actually tasted like saag paneer and not just salty creamed spinach, which seems to be the case at most places. The other entrees were unremarkable.Special Features:
- Great food. would definitelymlp3151VIPDined on 8/21/2012Great food. would definitely go back. I thinked I liked it because the food was so different from the usual. The service was great. Good explanation on the menu.Special Features:
- Good food, rude server.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012The server (an older gentleman) was really quite rude or at least very indifferent to the point of being grumpy. He didn't explain that meals came with a Nan bread so we ordered more then we needed to and when we asked him to explain the flabvour profile of a dish he just dismissed us. I am a curry fan and understand the 1-5 rating system for heat whilst one of my guests was new to the restaurant, he was just impatient as she decided how hot she wanted her food. What was most odd was that lunchtime diners were eating from the buffet we instead ate from the menu and therefore spent a lot more money. I have been before in the evenings and enjoyed the place after this experience I will think twice before going back.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Best IndiandelmarfoodieVIPDined on 7/17/2012Excellent food. Best Indian resturant in Seattle area. Curried mussels were fantastic.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2012We met another couple for dinner, and everyone had a good time. We all ordered something different and everybody tried everything. The food was great and the service was well executed.Special Features:
- Bill the owner is a real delight.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012Bill the owner is a real delight. . He and the staff always make us feel welcome and dining there is always enjoyable. The food is well prepared and service is always really well done. I would recommend going when it is not busy as the noise is a lot less and the staff will spend more time with your table.Special Features:
- We ordered mussels and thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2012We ordered mussels and there was hardly any meat in it, the sauce in it was ok, my pomegranate chicken curry was not that fresh, the chicken was old.I had left overs to take home and they threw are it out. They told me it'd take only a minute to make me another, which is admitting that they are using old ingredients to make it. I wouldn't recommend this place to any one. How its one of the restaurants to go to in Seattle, doesn't know Indian food.
- Chutneys is definitely myOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Chutneys is definitely my favorite spot in Bellevue. The service is always excellent and the food is flavorful and filling!Special Features:
- The food was good but it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2012The food was good but it was way overpriced for the amount that was served. It was my daughters birthday and I constantly had to get up and ask the waiter to come over, service was bad. I had a lot of friends recommend this place but I would never pay 20.00 dollars again for 6 bites of chicken............really??
- The flavors were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The flavors were excellent. We had four distinctly different dishes, with two appetizers. The mussels were over cooked, the menu raved about the sauce for dipping, the problem was the sauce was excellent, the naan maybe the smallest in Puget Sound, and the mussels were simply overdone. Personally I had a prawn madras dish which had a lot of flavor, a lot of onions and four medium shrimp. My daughter had the mixed grill which was excellent and had a tremendous amount of food, all of which she described as very good or better. She is a fan of Indian and Pakistani food so she has a good knowledge base. Overall, a very nice restuarant, great flavors, but I left hungry. There are many other Indian restuarants I prefer.Special Features:
- Excellent main dishes, choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/15/2011Excellent main dishes, choice of spiciness, very attentive staff. Lentil soup could have had more flavor. Great spot to take Grandma!Special Features:
- Chutney's is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2011Chutney's is consistently excellent food and I go there whenever I'm hungry for tandoori. It's not noisy so it's a good place to meet friends and talk. Parking is easy even tho it's in downtown Bellevue. It's also easily accessible via bus -- the transit center is a couple blocks away.Special Features:
- Chutneys provides a warm familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011Chutneys provides a warm family friendly atmosphere where we can go to enjoy good food and chat with friends. Thanks Chutneys!Special Features:
- Love the food. The ownerCortronDined on 10/8/2011Love the food. The owner comes out and talks with you and treats kids well. The wait staff is a bit slow. All in all, I keep going back for some of the best East Indian food in Bellevue.
- high cost for what you get...foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2011high cost for what you get...food was ok, not great for what you pay and to me it is an insult when they charge $4/naan.
- the service was excellentmauitravelerVIPDined on 9/17/2011the service was excellent and food was amazingly good.Special Features:
- More variety in food and decentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2011More variety in food and decent Sweetdish at the end can be a good option. I found less variety as compared to other indian cousine buffet like India King or O India.Special Features:
- The first time we were atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2011The first time we were at Chutney's, we had a very good experience. This time however, there were multiple mishaps. The order were messed up, the food was not great, and the service not that prompt. I would hope that this was an anomaly and not the norm, as this restaurant has the ambience and location to become a popular hub.
- It was good; Not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/30/2011It was good; Not the best Indian food I have had, but I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- We were having a party forJBellevueDined on 5/7/2011We were having a party for 12 people, and not only was the service excellent, they were very accommodating and friendly to the group. The food was great and overall the price was reasonable (definitely not cheap, but you get plenty of food).Special Features:
- I have been to Chutney's onceSeattlefoodchaserVIPDined on 4/22/2011I have been to Chutney's once before and noticed a common theme, the food tends to be over cooked and dry, and the dishes don't always have every component. The service was nice and fairly prompt, but didn't do anything "extra" like fill the water glasses when we ran out, or offer to bring another round of drinks. I had the Cocunut lamb delight, which was very dry and missing the golden raisins that I was looking forward to, and the Black pepper vodka martini was missing the olives it was listed to contain on the menu, it was a very different drink this way. My date ordered the seafood delight, and all of the pieces of seafood were very much over cooked. The vegetable samosas definitely were the highlight of the meal.Special Features: