Chutney's Queen Anne
519 1st Ave. N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Chutney's Queen Anne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chutneysqa.com/
- Phone: 2062846799
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian, Vegan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Chutney's Queen Anne
Greetings & Welcome to the all-new Chutneys- Queen Anne! Reborn to an all new management- with the dream of ensuring that our patrons experience the joy of fine Indian dining in all its deliciously, sinfully flavorful original self- Chutneys is your destination for experiencing the most delectable Indian cuisine in the heart of Seattle. Go ahead, and indulge your senses in an array of flavors and tastes of India.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chutney's Queen Anne reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Even though it was a Monday evening, there were other diners there. The table was clean and comfortable. We were greeted warmly and immediately escorted to our table. The menus had a good variety of food, were easy to read, and they were clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travel4foodVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was ok, but where it fell down was in the ambience. Based on reviews we made the reservation. The place was empty and only one other table arrived
- The following 30 reviews are from the Chutney's Queen Anne reviews archive.
- Queen Ann FindHaPegVIPDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I enjoyed the very nice Indian cuisine at Chutney's, which is conveniently located for the theaters on Mercer and across from Key Arena. The menu offered well-prepared traditional dishes and some unusual offerings. The onion appetizer was notable and the coconut curry was exceptional. The dining area is large, clean, pleasant, and appropriately decorated with Indian motifs. The mix of tables allows for twosomes through large family gatherings. Ambient noise was minimal, making this a nice place for conversation without straining to communicate over excessive music. Several draft beer offerings are a plus. The service was very attentive and the owner stopped by to make sure we were happy. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChutneysmojomanDined on 6/3/2014This was our second dinner at Chutney's. Everything was perfect: location, ambience, service, and most of all the food, which was delicious. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chutneys has fine indian FoodMarc191VIPDined on 5/4/2014Chutneys was very quiet the night we went. My wife & I had a grilled meat plate and a vegetables plate--with rice. The food and service were good.Special Features:
- Reliable for Good Indian FoodCarolDined on 3/25/2014There were six of us celebrating a friend's birthday; everyone was happy with their meal which is unusual. Portions were generous, service was very good, and there were several cocktails that were unique and quite good. I also like the fact that the noise level was low; we were able to hear each other clearly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnermojomanDined on 2/19/2014Went to Chutney's for the first time before an event at Key Arena (down the street). The restaurant was full shortly after we arrived, but our order was taken promptly, and our drinks and food arrived promptly. The portions were generous and the food was delicious. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good Indian restaurantSeattliteDined on 12/5/2013Very good Indian food with some inventive dishes plus standards. The mango mousse at the end was excellent. Quiet early in the evening and very convenient to Seattle Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian food in Queen AnneBearballDined on 11/22/2013We really enjoyed our meals at chutney's. We were rather annoying last Friday with our party of 5 all showing up at different times (the Cher concert really screwed up parking), but they were extremely accommodating and patient with us. When the food arrived we were all extremely satisfied. Would definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow servicecidermanDined on 11/15/2013We had dinner at Chutneys on a Friday night, with a 5:45 reservation. The restaurant was not very full when we arrived. We placed our order for drinks and dinner (two entrees and a kulcha) within ten minutes. However, our order wasn't brought to the table until about 6:35! Our drinks also did not show up promptly and we had to remind our order-taker about them (maybe about 6:25). The food was delicious once it arrived, as expected; Chutneys does have good cooks. However, the delay in service was much too long. When we were done, we waited a few minutes for the check, but I finally asked the wait staff to bring it. When they did, I noticed that they'd given me the check for the wrong table. Fortunately that was easily fixed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner, presented wellphashisaDined on 11/9/2013Nice dinner, presented well without much fanfare. I'll come back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chutneys quite a place!Marc191VIPDined on 10/20/2013My wife & I much enjoyed Chutney's on Queen Anne Hill. We had evening specials there and were delighted with the food quality. The service was friendly and attentive as well.Special Features:
- Good food, easygoing vibeVenezamiDined on 10/18/2013Upon walking by, this looked a little pricey -- fancy tables, monograms, etc. Walking in, it felt easy and comfortable. Elegant atmosphere but not pretentious. Service was good, though not great (spicy Indian food means PLEASE bring me lots of water) and the pricing structure was more than fair for the amount of food and the quality. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Indian place everKatieDined on 9/23/2013Start with an amazing menu that includes the classics but also includes some of the most amazing non-classics. Add a staff that bent over backward to serve a party of ten. Finish with complimentary dessert just because they appreciate your patronage. Sum total? Five stars hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty TandoorOneoftheLastDined on 9/9/2013Second experience with Indian in Seattle, this is my new go-to even though it's across town. Great tandoor chicken dishes, though the tikka was a little tame (the person who ordered it wanted it as mild as possible, a mistake). The wine seems oddly expensive compared to the beer and cocktail prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Indian CuisineluvvegansushiDined on 8/17/2013Our meal was outstanding.. Everything tasted fresh. The sauces were complex. We keep returning!Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner ExperienceJEVBDined on 7/27/2013We loved every aspect of our first time visit to Chutney's. The food was wonderful and the chef did an excellent job in taking care of our need for a meal without gluten, soy, dairy, and eggs. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian gemsmarteyesVIPDined on 4/13/2013So glad to have discovered this Indian gem. Have tried many of the Indian restaurants in the Seattle/Eastside area, but at Chutney's QA I tasted the best quality dishes. The sauces were not thickened with any starch, the food was very flavorful and the service as outstanding. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu (he was the owner) and gave us great suggestions. Healthy, tasty, well presented food plus excellent service at a reasonable price. What more could one ask for?Special Features:
- Excellent Indian food! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2013Excellent Indian food! Great to stop in either before or after a visit to The Seattle Children's Theater, or any other visit to the Seattle Center Area.Special Features:
- For no particular reason Iluv2eatVIPDined on 4/6/2013For no particular reason I stopped going to Chutneys about 5-7 years ago. I guess I never found myself in the neighborhood. To my surprise nothing much has changed. It is still the wonderful restaurant that it was years ago. I loved the food and the service was perfect. I always like trying new food and thus I always ask for recommendations...our server recommended a dish which the translation is "nine gems"...we loved it. Go there and try it for yourself. I am sure you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- This is a nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013This is a nice restaurant with good Indian food and good service.Special Features:
- Great Indian in Queen AnneOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/8/2013I took a group here on March 8, and was completely delighted. The food was outstanding, the service was great (they were there when you needed, and not obtrusive at all). You can definitely tell that the chef and his staff take great pride in the quality of offerings, and everything was exceptional. Highly recommend the lamb chops, and the desserts are not to miss. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Very good food, superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Very good food, superb service -- wait staff gracious, efficient, and unobtrusive....a very nice place to dine before the theater/opera/ballet ....also nice for conversing because it's quiet...will definitely go there againSpecial Features:
- We ended up not eating atLisaDined on 3/1/2013We ended up not eating at Chutney's. We walked up to the restaurant about 4:50 pm. There was a man sleeping on the banquette inside the restaurant with his shoes off in full view of the street. A real turn off. Also, it did not seem like there was any activity inside the restaurant. We found it hard to believe they would be opening at 5:00pm. We ended up eating at Ten Mercer instead and had a fabulous meal.
- We had a delicious meal. LambOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013We had a delicious meal. Lamb vindaloon, chicken tikka, chana saag. The vindaloo sauce was a light red, like the color of tomato sauce. Different from the deeper red I'm used to, but still tasty. The chicken tikka was perfectly cooked and retained its moisture. The spinach in the chana saag was creamy and the chick peas firm, but not crunchy. Our reservation was for 7 on a Saturday night and there were only two other parties in the entire place so it was pretty quiet. I'm from out of town, so I don't know if this is normal. With food this good, I imagine that the emptiness was due to a brisk delivery business.
- It was a quiet night and theWSeattleFanDined on 1/27/2013It was a quiet night and the four of us had time too talk. Food was great.
- We love to go here beforeLibsDined on 1/25/2013We love to go here before opera performances, but this time the restaurant was busy and badly understaffed. The food is always good, and staff are attentive and efficient when they finally arrive, but this simple meal took far, far too long on this occasion. Second glasses of wine never did arrive, and we finally left the table to find someone to give us our check. That being said, we'll go back for the food and try again.
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2013Food and service aren't bad, everything is somewhat pricey for what you get, particularly the wine list($11 for a glass of an unimpressive bottle that runs $14). Suffers from there being many better restaurants in the vicinity. Does work as a gluten free option prior to attending something at Seattle Center.
- Under new management, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/12/2013Under new management, the menu at Chutney's Queen Anne is much improved. The ambiance is very pleasant and our waiter was attentive even though he seemed to be the only one waiting on tables.
- Best Indian Food Aroundj2l3Dined on 12/8/2012The food was very good, with generous portions. Same with the wine, when delivered, it was very generous serving. The service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- A very nice pre-theater dinner.BlueAliiDined on 10/17/2012A very nice pre-theater dinner. Food and service were very good, although Churney's was not crowded the night we dined there. We will go back!
- We usually go to ChutneysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2012We usually go to Chutneys before events at Key Arena. It's usually easy to get a reservation, food is good, service is friendly, location is convenient.