Churrascos - Westchase
9705 Westheimer at Gessner
Houston, TX 77042Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Churrascos - Westchase
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cordua.com/
- Phone: 7139521988x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm-9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm-10:30pm
Happy Hour, Monday through Friday 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Cordúa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With six award-winning restaurants, Américas, Artista, Churrascos and Amazón Grill to choose from, The Cordúa Group has taken the best of their portfolio and added other unique flavors. The result: a contemporary flavor unique to MjC Events that can be enjoyed outside of their restaurants. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a gala of splendor, the finest events always start with MjC Events. Event Managers are ready to help you plan your next event! Please contact them at MjC Events 713.961.0911.
A word from Churrascos - Westchase
Further south than you have ever been before for dinner. Churrascos "Westchase" hosts Wine Dinners the first Monday of every month featuring four courses and a selection of fine wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Churrascos - Westchase reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)good for groups (32)romantic (31)great for lunch (25)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Steak, Great WineSteakRareWineRichDined on 10/18/2014The staff picked a great wine for our steaks, The Big Easy, from my three selections. The Fess Parker Syrah was wonderful.Special Features:
- Churrascos-delicious!enjoygooddiningDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated my sons 19th birthday at Churrascos on September 23rd. The food was delicious and for those of us who could legally drink, the wine list was very good. The service was excellent; very professional and attentive without being intrusive, just the way we prefer it to be. Thank you for the great experience and the delicious birthday dessert for the birthday boy!Special Features:
- Churrascos brunch best in HoustonVidabella417Dined on 9/21/2014My family loves Churrascos for the Sunday brunch. All the usual favorites (omelets, waffles, fruit, etc) but with dozens of latin favorites.... empanadas, lechon, yuca frita, hearts of palm. Delicious!Special Features:
- A great anniversary.PCPlattDined on 9/13/2014My girlfriend and I both love Churrascos and was a must for our anniversary. Service was great as always, staff as friendly as could be. Had a couple of glasses of wine, paired with excellent food. You just can't beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - great serviceOutAndAboutDined on 9/8/2014The surf and turf was great. Cooked to perfection. We requested frozen belini & strawberry margaritas for drinks and they made them deliciously. The waiter was wonderful, very energetic and passionate about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good potentialPhilipDined on 8/28/2014The experience could be great if they get the service right.
- The Steak of SteaksDleeshDined on 8/27/2014The steam is so delicious. It literally melts in your mouth. The bacon wrapped steak and shrimp brochette was a taste of Brazil!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid choice...RalphandAnnaDined on 8/25/2014Soups are always superb, always deliver. The Churrasco is always a safe bet; extra chimichuri sauce enhances flavor nicely. Tres Leches is best in town. Friendly and attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Wanted the restaurant week lunch menu but found out they only offer the dinner menu or brunch on Sunday during lunch. We hadn't planned to spend that much since we were with a large group but had no choice. It was very disappointing that it wasn't mentioned on the Restaurant Week website that the lunch menu wasn't available on Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our small groupSugarShackDaddyDined on 8/19/2014We had a small group of 8 persons. The service was great and so was the food.Special Features:
- FabulousKateDined on 8/19/2014Dined here Tuesday for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Service was good, ambiance under the high ceiling with sun roof was beautiful, and the food was fantastic (got the churrasco steak and achiote pork tenderloin). Churrasco's has some of the best quality food in the Westchase area.Special Features:
- Will be backMeatlover2Dined on 8/17/2014Everything outstanding. Service is attentive and on the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been awhile...Dbla72Dined on 8/13/2014It's been awhile since my wife and I had been to churrascos.We tried the ahi tuna tower an chicken empenadas as our appetizer; the achiote pork and 6oz churrasco for entree and the Carmel flan and tres leches for dessert. The appetizers were good. My wife was not a fan of the ahi but I found it quite nice. The entrees were equally good. We both agreed the steak was the better of the two. The pork had some lump crab which I moved over to the steak and it paired very well. The sides of slaw was ok. Neither of us cared for the yucca. It had the texture of overcooked potatoes. Desserts were both great. Service was good but I was not happy with being upcharged 8 dollars on a glass of wine that the waiter said was only a "couple dollars" more.Special Features:
- HRW DinnerhardcorefoodieDined on 8/12/2014The portions were great for HRW. Definitely get the Bacon Wrapped Filet and Shrimp Brochette. Avoid the Tuna Ceviche. Mojitos are delicious and ALWAYS ALWAYS get the Tres Leches for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow what happened?WhathappenedDined on 8/12/2014I have visited this location and restaurant for years and I must say it was horrible this time. My group ordered all of the same food as always and everything was not as good. he service was horrible and we had to ask for things multiple times (never had that before), it took almost 3 hours to eat dinner because of the poor service. The food was not as good as before (it was all overcooked) and the tres leche cake the top had an odd taste (not normal). To top off the night one of our cars was broken in to and a computer bag was stolen (as well as there were 4 other cars right by us that had the same issue - happy to provide the police report). So I will NEVER visit this Churrascos again but I will give the one in Sugarland another try.
- One of the best steaks in town!SteakloverfromKatyDined on 8/12/2014The Charrascos steak remains one of the tastiest you can find!!! Appetizers of empanadas and smoky crab claws is always a treat to look forward to!!Special Features:
- Kind of disappointingfoodchatDined on 8/8/2014Went there to celebrate my birthday during Restaurant Week and chose the 3-course special for $35. Felt like all portions for each course were cut for the special. Realize Restaurant Week is to support Houston Food Bank, but they could serve the usual portions.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodAussieScotDined on 8/6/2014visited Churrascos during Houston Restaurant Week, first time we have been there in a very long time. I have no idea why it took us so long to go back. The HRW menu had some great selections on it, plenty of choices, and included some of their signature dishes. Our waiter was very helpful in explaining some of the dishes and was very attentive to our needs. Food was fabulous. I had the signature Churrascos steak, which was one of the best steaks I have had for a very long time, and my spouse had filet wrapped in bacon served with shrimps. Both were awesome. The Tres Leches and Pio X pudding were great too.Special Features:
- Longhorn1aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent food and beverage choices. food was oustanding!Special Features:
- Excellent food, outstanding serviceCharlesODined on 8/2/2014Went to Churrascos for an early dinner. We were seated immediately, and they quickly took our drink orders and brought plantain chips as an appetizer. All of the food was exquisite, and the amounts were reasonable for the price. The service was very good, as well. Our server was very competent and attentive without being intrusive. In addition, any member of staff who walked by -- including other servers, manager, hostess -- would ask if we needed anything else, refill drinks, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I'm in love with the food at Churrascos, best steak ever, the attention is great, def recommend this place!!!!Special Features:
- Celebrated a BirthdayArtsJunkieDined on 8/2/2014I took my husband to Churrascos to celebrate his birthday a few weeks ago. It was his first time there and we both enjoyed it. The food was very good and the server was pleasant and helpful. We especially enjoyed the decor and the low noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- biglonghornDined on 7/26/2014I have been enjoying the offerings from the Corduas since 1987. The Westchase location is my favorite. Daniel Martinez is a fantastic server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Marvelous for WordscusoonDined on 7/10/2014My husband and I find Churrascos a true dining delight! We spend many "special occasions" with each other, with family members, friends and business acquaintances from out of town and have never been disappointed. We are already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014My gals and i had a good time, enjoyed the room we were in and we were able to have fun, without bothering other people. Appreciated the service.Special Features:
- The following 1002 reviews are from the Churrascos - Westchase reviews archive.
- WONDERFUL BRUNCH!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Good variety of foods were presented. Very fresh and flavorable. The wait staff were very accomadating and quiet. I would definitely recommend Churrascos and do plan on going again.Special Features:
- SosoDined on 6/15/2014watch your bill of you have kids. This is our third visit with both our kids who are under 4 and we are charged every time even though kids are supposed to be free. The other locations do not do this. Only this location Food is good. We went to this location because couldn't get a reservation at the others.Special Features:
- Father's Day Brunchman4munchingDined on 6/15/2014Dined here for a Father's Day brunch. Had a reservation for 1:30 pm. Arrived at exactly 1:30, checked in and was told promptly that that our table would be ready shortly. The receiving area was extremely crowded with people standing shoulder to shoulder. (Suspect that the crowding was, at least partly, due to walk-ins) Exactly 20 minutes later our name was called to be seated. The food was fabulous and the service excellent. Despite the crowds and the wait, I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentfoodieDined on 6/15/2014We went for brunch on Father's Day, and while it was crowded, the service and food were outstanding. We just moved back to Houston and find Churrasco's is just as good now (better) than when they first opened in Southwest Houston, so many years ago.Special Features:
- JimZDined on 6/15/2014We took mt 93 year old father for Father's Day brunch. He uses a walker, the hostess seated us at a table nearest the serving tables to minimize his walking - very considerate. The food was delicious, my wife and I love the house salad with the cilantro dressing. There was a great selection of wonderful food, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible HostessNadiaDined on 6/15/2014My family of 3 checked in on time for 11:30 am reservations. We were told we'd be seated in "just a few moments." We waited directly next to the hostess stand. About 20 minutes later, the lead hostess sat a family of 3 that came in after us with NO RESERVATION. We know this because again we were standing directly next to the hostess stand and when this family checked in they were told that the patio was available otherwise it'd be a 30 min wait. When we confronted the hostess, she lied and said that they were on the list. We then proceeded to repeat exactly what she told them back to her. She never apologized. It was a very deliberate slight to us. We were then seated immediately. It was not a great way to start Father's Day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014I always come here and the food is GREAT, the service is usually exceptional but I had a dud of a waiter this go around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDeeHDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had gone to several of their wine dinners in the past and also for our anniversary last year. However this time we were very disappointed. The appetizer we so enjoyed last time, plantain encrusted seafood, was no longer offered so we tried scallops with beet root and ceviche. The ceviche had very little seafood and the scallops (4) were barely medium size and they seem to use the shells, beet root and cream to fill in the plate. My fish with beurre blanc had very little sauce on it and my husband's roasted seafood plate had very small portions as well except for the big, empty lobster shell. The tres leches was very small also. The prices had increased and we did not feel we got good value for the money we paid.Special Features:
- Used to be our favorite restaurantMikeylikesitVIPDined on 6/10/2014This is extremely hard to write. Since the Westchase location opened it has been my wife's and my favorite Houston restaurant. I can't count how many anniversaries, birthdays, business celebrations, etc that we have eaten and taken people to eat here. After the Memorial City location opened, we were disappointed, now this location has done the same. The meal is no longer the outstanding meals they were before, smaller, yet more expensive. The always great large side plate that accompanied every meal is gone and replaced with a tiny plate that has nothing good on it but the yucca bites. My pork (my favorite meal) was brought out burnt to a crisp and obvious before it was ever placed in front of me. Need new management all around.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Perfect. The food was succulent. The sangria was just right. The service was outstanding. I would recommend it to friends and family. I cannot wait until my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayceeDined on 6/4/2014Food was good as always and timely served. Good place for lunch setting, a little loud as it gets crowded, but you can still hold a conversation with your table without yelling. The best Tres Leches! Keeps me coming back for a bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014We celebrated our daughters high school graduation Friday night. It tossed one of her favorite restaurants and she chose it for her special family celebration. Always great!!Special Features:
- Brunch is devineThedawghausDined on 5/25/2014Absolutely loved going here for brunch. The buffet has so much to choose from and their omelettes and crapes are the best! Very kid friendly!Special Features:
- Bad ServicemgraduateDined on 5/24/2014Service was terrible for the price of the dinner. The service was terrible. We had a party of 10 for dinner...not an inexpensive meals... and the service was terrible. Didn't have silverware and had to ask numerous times for it. Didn't get water and had to ask several times for it. Didn't get a kid's menu and had to ask several times for it. It is as if the "set-up" server just forgot about our table! Not good!
- Great Sunday BrunchLivingstonianDined on 5/18/2014We lived in Houston for over 40 years before moving to Lake Livingston, and were always on the lookout for a good Sunday Brunch place. Once we found Churrasco's (we had dined there many times, but weren't aware of their Sunday Brunch), we needn't look any further. Last week we drove the 90 miles from Livingston for the sole purpose of brunch at Churrasco's Westchase, and it was well worth the drive. From custom made omelets, to steak with their famous chimichurri sauce to their iconic tres leches, the brunch offerings were a plethora of mouth-watering treats. One of our favorite places with consistently good food and service, and reasonably priced too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.