Churrascos - River Oaks
2055 Westheimer at Shepherd
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Churrascos - River Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cordua.com/
- Phone: 7135278300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm-9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm-10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: available till 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Cordúa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With six award-winning restaurants, Américas, Artista, Churrascos and Amazón Grill to choose from, The Cordúa Group has taken the best of their portfolio and added other unique flavors. The result: a contemporary flavor unique to MjC Events that can be enjoyed outside of their restaurants. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a gala of splendor, the finest events always start with MjC Events. Event Managers are ready to help you plan your next event! Please contact them at MjC Events 713.961.0911.
A word from Churrascos - River Oaks
Further south than you have ever been before for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Churrascos - River Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)good for groups (74)fit for foodies (66)romantic (53)great for brunch (51)great for lunch (40)neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (29)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- My Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Churrascos was awesome , Had a reservation for 8:30 and we were seated early , Assistant manager came to us and she answered our questions rt away and suggested a couple of cocktails she personally made for us , waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. Our food was awesome , the churrasco steak was awesome and would recommend to all . Overall was a birthday meal I will not forget and plan to vist there again in the future .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in the world !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014My very favorite restaurant! Food is delicious -- everything from appetizers to salad to entree to dessert to drinks! Service is impeccable. LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JakeDined on 8/30/2014Came here during the Restaurant Weeks. Had a great time and really enjoyed the food. 3rd year in a row coming during this time and the first on a Saturday night. A little louder on Saturday night than on Sunday night the year before. Not so loud as to not be able to enjoy conversation with my wife though. Service was great and food was timed and out perfectly. All around another great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014They did not skimp on the food just because it was restaurant week! That tells a whole lot! I would definitely recommend this place for Latin American cuisine. The enthusiasm in their service definitely shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeralchsDined on 8/28/2014This was my first time at Churrascos. Service was good, food was amazing. We went for restaurant weeks. I will be back!Special Features:
- Restaurant Month MenuAggiemomVIPDined on 8/26/2014Churrascos had a great "Restaurant Month Menu". A delicious dinner had by all in our party. We had so much, we had to take it home with us!!Special Features:
- Great food as usualAnnieVIPDined on 8/25/2014I took my nephew for dinner. It was his first time to dine @ Churrascos River Oaks. He loved the food and service and wants to go dine there again. He thought it would be a great restaurant to take a date in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoneDined on 8/24/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Churrasco's. The empanadas were delicious as usual, and we also tried -and enjoyed- the calamari appetizer. The steak and pork entrees were flavorful and well-prepared. For dessert, we got the flan and tres leches cake. Both were great.Special Features:
- ExcellentPickyeater1Dined on 8/24/2014This establishment offers a variety of Latin foods. The service was excellent as well as the food. The atmosphere included soft lighting and low jazz music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very nice mealdaveVIPDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I went to Churrascos on the spur of the moment. We had not been there in quite some time. The meal (from the Restaurant Weeks menu) was very good and the portions were generous. Overall, a very nice dinner. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent Choice for HRWLMPCeatsoutDined on 8/22/2014Two friends and I had lunch at Churrascos during Houston Restaurant Weeks (August 2014). We made reservations, but they didn't seem necessary. Each of us order something different--except the first course--the Churarascos signature salad, which was highly appreciated by all of us. I had the grilled steak with bearnaise sauce and mushrooms. The steak was very tasty, perfectly cooked (medium), tender, and served with an ample portion to take a little home. One friend had chicken and the other had the shrimp and filet brochette. Everyone was very happy. I have tried four new restaurants during HRW, and Churrascos was clearly the best!Special Features:
- ExcellentJMreviewsDined on 8/21/2014Service is exceptional, fried plantains are addictive, the empanadas are fantastic, Sopa Cubana exceptional, Pollo Encamisado to die for, Cerdo Marinero 'juicy'!, and the Churrasco steak is one of a kind! Don't forget to order a Tres Leches :) Love the placeSpecial Features:
- Even the manager was attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2014Great restaurant from food to service! Thinking back, they were busy so the manager stepped in when our waitress was busy so weren't waiting for anything. The food was fabulous as usual. Had leftovers of the Churrasco steak and even that was mouthwatering good. The Tres Leches is my all time favorite desert. Haven't found any other restaurant that can make it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is better than dinner.BloveDined on 8/20/2014The food is good- don't get me wrong. But the al acart thing at dinner makes this a more pricey dinner than what it's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dptpDined on 8/19/2014Our waiter, Ricardo, made our evening an A plus experience. When we were first greeted by the hostess, and told her we had an 8:30 reservation, she sat us at a small table for 2 in the middle of a high traffic area. When our waiter saw my expression, he gathered our menus without asking and said, "follow me..I have a better spot in the back for you". From then on he was very attentive, refilling our wine glasses, explaining the menu options, describing the cultural vegetables, etc. He agreed to take a nice anniversary picture, and brought us complimentary champagne and tres leche, with flaming brandy. We will be back for many other celebrations, and recommend this restaurant to our friends. kingwood, tx.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experiencetsune81Dined on 8/19/2014Great food and ambiance. Good service. Great houston restaurant weeks menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent in every way!Hokie26Dined on 8/17/2014We visited for restaurant week in Houston and were not disappointed. Couldn't have been more pleased with our meals, the service was exceptional and everything was perfect. They even had one of my favorite wines on a nice special. Go for the special Churrascos steak!Special Features:
- NiceAmmoniaDined on 8/17/2014Lovely brunch food... Enuf options!! Love the $12 unlimited cocktails...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Funday!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014A new brunch fave for sure! Best "bottomless" deal in the city and what a buffet spread! Our group of five didn't want to leave. Had they turned on those A/C coolers on the patio, we might still be there! ;)Special Features:
- Great timerodealDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our wedding anniverary at Churrascos because of the outstanding service and simply great food. This was our first time at the Sunday brunch, but it won't be our last. We have previously dined at Churrascos and knew that it would once again be a great experience. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always the Bestarby42Dined on 8/16/2014As always, Churrascos was the best in food, drinks, service and ambience, even if a little noisier and slower than usual (probably due to the crowds of Restaurant Weeks). Special kudos for Copacabana ceviche and Churrasco steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerTxduoVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for the Houston Food Bank dinner special. The food and service were not compromised at all by the special pricing. Food was still very good and even though they were quite busy on Saturday night, several times a manager came by our table to make sure we were being taken care of. Always enjoy our dinners here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt RushedmunchieDined on 8/16/2014Even though the waiter was very good and friendly, when were looking at what to order, we all felt rush - like he wasn't patient enough for us to even finish saying what we were going to order.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerSusieQDined on 8/16/2014I am a frequent diner at Churrasco's. The food and service are always fantastic! I took my good friend there for her birthday. She absolutely loved the food, service and ambience!Special Features:
- Excellent cuisine, great serviceJWhiteDined on 8/16/2014I visited this restaurant with a friend. We both ordered the lunch special (instead of from Houston Restuarant Week) We had an appetizer, entree plus dessert for only $19. The plantain chips with the dipping sauce is so good. We both ordered the Churrascos salad, it is very good. I had the fish, very tender and juicy. I took the flan home because I was so full. Service was impeccable, the manager came around to check on the table as well. Great experience. (Saturday lunch around 1pm)Special Features:
- Excellent!PatsyDined on 8/15/2014Meat was melt in your mouth good! Would definitely come back again and again.Special Features:
- Absolutely delish Brazilian!SuzeVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our party of four enjoyed the selections for HRW. The portions were incredibly generous, the servings wonderfully fresh, and the surprises many. Who would have thought we would have also been treated to a wonderful shareable side dish of chorizo rice, plaintains, and fried yuca on top of our already sizeable entrees! Our waiter Carlos provided impeccable service and continued to refill water glasses even when we overstayed our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opendiner4uDined on 8/10/2014Great service. Very attentive without being intrusive. Outstanding food - everything was delicious...sauces were light & complimented the dishes. Lots of ambiance Will return & definitely recommend your restaurant to friends & business associates. in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats, Jet-Engine Noisy...spikerjackVIPDined on 8/9/2014Had a very good table on a busy Saturday night during Restaurant Weeks. We could not remember ever being in a louder restaurant - many large parties, lots of kids, etc. Not so bad as to spoil the meal, but definitely not a place for people that like their dinner to be surrounded by a serene atmosphere. Food was generally good; not off-the-charts but enjoyable for the HRW menu. Service was attentive (even if you couldn't hear anything he said...). Excellent HRW desert choices in Tres Leches and Coconut Ice Cream.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekHappytodineDined on 8/9/2014We took some out of town guests for dinner and it was perfect. There was a good variety to choose from and the service was exceptional. One of our friends has a lot of food allergies and even she was able to find items that worked for her. It is nice to have dinner where you do not have to shout so the person across from you can hear you and you also do not have to listen to conversations from other tables.Special Features:
- Excellent !OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/9/2014Salad to start w/ cilantro dressing - excellent. Tenderloin, buttery and delicious. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- great experienceeatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great dinner with clients the food and service were outstanding. The steak is Great!Special Features:
- FIRST CLASS SERVICE!!!DesignerChicDined on 8/5/2014Besides the food being top quality with incredible flavors and beautifully presented (my compliments to the chef and their kitchen) the entire wait staff was extremely courteous, attentive, entertaining, accommodating to my entire party with their different dietary needs and made my birthday one that I will cherish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuburbansinglegirlDined on 8/2/2014So enjoyed the exceptional attention that my friend and I received from the moment we walked in the door to when we left. The hostess, floor managers and waitstaff were all very attentive without being coying. The ambiance is comfortably upscale without being pretentious. The food was truly delicious and I must say that the tres leche cake was the best I ever had! Although the restaurant was a bit noisy, it actually made it possible to have a private conversation and now worry about being overheard or self-conscious about laughing aloud. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDianaDined on 8/1/2014Came here during HRW and it was amazing! Had come before with my in-laws so I wasn't expecting them to give you the regular menu items at such a great deal. Completely worth it. Server was also very friendly.Special Features:
- Went for restaurant week, fantasticGirlsnightoutDined on 8/1/2014Four of us went for restaurant week, service was excellent, food was just fantastic. We all will become regulars.Special Features:
- Impeccable Service & Delicious FoodKMackDined on 8/1/2014We had a work lunch with 6 guests on a Friday afternoon, the service for our table was outstanding, we felt so special when the server brought us out complimentary beef empanadas (delicious) for each of us. The manager came by and checked on us and even dropped off some coupons at the end of our meal. The food was delicious, we all ordered from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu, and it was so fresh, we were all happy-happy. We each took half of our lunch home as leftovers as the portion sizes are huge, it was so delicious we didn't mind taking it home for dinner!Special Features:
- STILL MY GO TO PLACEMemoriesDined on 7/31/2014I lived in the area for a long tmie , then retired & moved away; friends said pick a place to celebrate your birthday....I chose Churrasco; first of all food is never disappointing and guess what....the bartender remembered me after 9 years....he ladies I went with there had one time or anther met me there over the years Its my comfort place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAnnieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Three of us ordered different items from the menu and we were all pleased with our choices. Great service as usual.Special Features:
- Always greatSuperDaveDined on 7/29/2014I've been here over and over again. From days in between visits to months. The consistency of the quality of their food is fantastic. If your looking for a great meal that is well portioned and tastes great, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.