Churrascos - River Oaks
2055 Westheimer at Shepherd
Houston, TX 77098Neighborhood:
Upper Kirby / Shepherd Corridor
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Churrascos - River Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cordua.com/
- Phone: 7135278300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm-9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm-10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: available till 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Cordúa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With six award-winning restaurants, Américas, Artista, Churrascos and Amazón Grill to choose from, The Cordúa Group has taken the best of their portfolio and added other unique flavors. The result: a contemporary flavor unique to MjC Events that can be enjoyed outside of their restaurants. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a gala of splendor, the finest events always start with MjC Events. Event Managers are ready to help you plan your next event! Please contact them at MjC Events 713.961.0911.
A word from Churrascos - River Oaks
Further south than you have ever been before for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Churrascos - River Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (72)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (39)great for lunch (38)notable wine list (30)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (17)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Excellent serviceFoodseekerDined on 10/14/2014Attentive waitstaff and hostess. Explain the menu and the specials for the day. Churrascos excellent. Carnitas was a favorite, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GradPartyDined on 10/13/2014Went with our season holder Texan discount and ordered the chef's special. It was delicious and we always enjoy this restaurant for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.Special Features:
- Party of 20alepowDined on 10/11/2014I celebrated my birthday with friends. Everything was to perfection. This is a superb venue to go with a group. They divided us into two tables of 10 and each table had a waiter. As usual - the food was amazing. A. LepowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The staff was so professional, sweet and were polished. I would come here for anniversary type dinners and special occasions.Special Features:
- Major disappointment!!Foodies123Dined on 10/2/2014We've been to Churrascos multiple times and this was by far our worst experience to date. There have been some cost cutting changes to the menu on some of our favorite dishes. When we asked why, we were told the decisions came from corporate. That's when the light bulb came on in my head. This is becoming a chain restaurant and the food is definitely suffering. Two new locations in less than 12 months. Expanding the brand but not carrying over the same great food. Our experience here was just flat out not worth the $$. Very disappointing!!!!!!!
- late tableDavidDined on 9/20/2014We had a 730 reservation bit had to get the manager to be seated at 815Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The food was bland,tasteless.The fish I ordered was "superdead",old,not fresh at all and expensive.
- Peaceful Thursday DinnerCarolDined on 9/18/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Churrasco's. The waitstaff is delightful and well versed in the menu and specials for the evening. Our meal was exemplary. Though there were several families with children, the kids were well behaved and highly entertaining. The flambe experience amazing the kids and adults alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinmartygDined on 9/15/2014The food was excellent as usual. The service was terrible. Our waiter also had a table of 8 young women and spent most of his time flirting with them. The whole evening he was trying to rush us through our meal, was not really paying attention, got a number of things wrong with our orders, and had to be reminded about most requests. Based on prior experience, I expect better from Churrasco's. Also we were there with someone who had not been before so I doubt he'll be going back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service, Noisearby42Dined on 9/13/2014The food could not have been better. The service was perfect. The noise level was so high that conversation was difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outEspressoDined on 9/12/2014The food was great...pleasant atmosphere ... perfect for a date night. I really enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- The GM laughed at us!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The food was good but our service there will be why I never go back. Once it was time for the main course I was excited as I had heard so many good things about this place, they brought me the wrong order!!! I was quietly waiting for my server to come over so I could let him know and get it corrected but after 10 minutes I gave up and started to eat. It took 20 minutes for our server to come check on us after the kitchen staff brought us our plates.
- great experiencefoodpoliceDined on 9/7/2014We took out of town foodies to Churrasco's and they were impressed. The food was delicious and although I didn't have room for dessert, the others did and they loved the desserts. The manager was attentive. highly recommend this restaurant. We have been here many times and not only is it great...it is consistent!! Our only disappointment was that the tilapia is no longer on the menu...BUT there were plenty of other wonderful optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodTaprooterDined on 9/7/2014I have dinned here several times now and am impressed with the service and food. Parking is also a big plus as few restaurants in Houston have ample parking. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Would recommend restaurant to anyone looking for excellent service and outstanding foodSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryHappytoDineHereDined on 9/4/2014This is an ideal spot for special occasions. The food is excellent. Consider for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualPolrbVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our favorite restaurant in Houston, and it never fails to please. The food was superb.Special Features:
- My Birthday DinnerShamesDined on 8/30/2014Churrascos was awesome , Had a reservation for 8:30 and we were seated early , Assistant manager came to us and she answered our questions rt away and suggested a couple of cocktails she personally made for us , waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. Our food was awesome , the churrasco steak was awesome and would recommend to all . Overall was a birthday meal I will not forget and plan to vist there again in the future .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in the world !!!myfavoriterinHoustonDined on 8/30/2014My very favorite restaurant! Food is delicious -- everything from appetizers to salad to entree to dessert to drinks! Service is impeccable. LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JakeDined on 8/30/2014Came here during the Restaurant Weeks. Had a great time and really enjoyed the food. 3rd year in a row coming during this time and the first on a Saturday night. A little louder on Saturday night than on Sunday night the year before. Not so loud as to not be able to enjoy conversation with my wife though. Service was great and food was timed and out perfectly. All around another great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014They did not skimp on the food just because it was restaurant week! That tells a whole lot! I would definitely recommend this place for Latin American cuisine. The enthusiasm in their service definitely shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeralchsDined on 8/28/2014This was my first time at Churrascos. Service was good, food was amazing. We went for restaurant weeks. I will be back!Special Features:
- Restaurant Month MenuAggiemomVIPDined on 8/26/2014Churrascos had a great "Restaurant Month Menu". A delicious dinner had by all in our party. We had so much, we had to take it home with us!!Special Features:
- Great food as usualAnnieVIPDined on 8/25/2014I took my nephew for dinner. It was his first time to dine @ Churrascos River Oaks. He loved the food and service and wants to go dine there again. He thought it would be a great restaurant to take a date in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoneDined on 8/24/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Churrasco's. The empanadas were delicious as usual, and we also tried -and enjoyed- the calamari appetizer. The steak and pork entrees were flavorful and well-prepared. For dessert, we got the flan and tres leches cake. Both were great.Special Features:
- ExcellentPickyeater1Dined on 8/24/2014This establishment offers a variety of Latin foods. The service was excellent as well as the food. The atmosphere included soft lighting and low jazz music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very nice mealdaveVIPDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I went to Churrascos on the spur of the moment. We had not been there in quite some time. The meal (from the Restaurant Weeks menu) was very good and the portions were generous. Overall, a very nice dinner. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent Choice for HRWLMPCeatsoutDined on 8/22/2014Two friends and I had lunch at Churrascos during Houston Restaurant Weeks (August 2014). We made reservations, but they didn't seem necessary. Each of us order something different--except the first course--the Churarascos signature salad, which was highly appreciated by all of us. I had the grilled steak with bearnaise sauce and mushrooms. The steak was very tasty, perfectly cooked (medium), tender, and served with an ample portion to take a little home. One friend had chicken and the other had the shrimp and filet brochette. Everyone was very happy. I have tried four new restaurants during HRW, and Churrascos was clearly the best!Special Features:
- ExcellentJMreviewsDined on 8/21/2014Service is exceptional, fried plantains are addictive, the empanadas are fantastic, Sopa Cubana exceptional, Pollo Encamisado to die for, Cerdo Marinero 'juicy'!, and the Churrasco steak is one of a kind! Don't forget to order a Tres Leches :) Love the placeSpecial Features:
- Even the manager was attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2014Great restaurant from food to service! Thinking back, they were busy so the manager stepped in when our waitress was busy so weren't waiting for anything. The food was fabulous as usual. Had leftovers of the Churrasco steak and even that was mouthwatering good. The Tres Leches is my all time favorite desert. Haven't found any other restaurant that can make it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is better than dinner.BloveDined on 8/20/2014The food is good- don't get me wrong. But the al acart thing at dinner makes this a more pricey dinner than what it's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dptpDined on 8/19/2014Our waiter, Ricardo, made our evening an A plus experience. When we were first greeted by the hostess, and told her we had an 8:30 reservation, she sat us at a small table for 2 in the middle of a high traffic area. When our waiter saw my expression, he gathered our menus without asking and said, "follow me..I have a better spot in the back for you". From then on he was very attentive, refilling our wine glasses, explaining the menu options, describing the cultural vegetables, etc. He agreed to take a nice anniversary picture, and brought us complimentary champagne and tres leche, with flaming brandy. We will be back for many other celebrations, and recommend this restaurant to our friends. kingwood, tx.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experiencetsune81Dined on 8/19/2014Great food and ambiance. Good service. Great houston restaurant weeks menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent in every way!Hokie26Dined on 8/17/2014We visited for restaurant week in Houston and were not disappointed. Couldn't have been more pleased with our meals, the service was exceptional and everything was perfect. They even had one of my favorite wines on a nice special. Go for the special Churrascos steak!Special Features:
- NiceAmmoniaDined on 8/17/2014Lovely brunch food... Enuf options!! Love the $12 unlimited cocktails...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Funday!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014A new brunch fave for sure! Best "bottomless" deal in the city and what a buffet spread! Our group of five didn't want to leave. Had they turned on those A/C coolers on the patio, we might still be there! ;)Special Features:
- Great timerodealDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our wedding anniverary at Churrascos because of the outstanding service and simply great food. This was our first time at the Sunday brunch, but it won't be our last. We have previously dined at Churrascos and knew that it would once again be a great experience. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always the Bestarby42Dined on 8/16/2014As always, Churrascos was the best in food, drinks, service and ambience, even if a little noisier and slower than usual (probably due to the crowds of Restaurant Weeks). Special kudos for Copacabana ceviche and Churrasco steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerTxduoVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went for the Houston Food Bank dinner special. The food and service were not compromised at all by the special pricing. Food was still very good and even though they were quite busy on Saturday night, several times a manager came by our table to make sure we were being taken care of. Always enjoy our dinners here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt RushedmunchieDined on 8/16/2014Even though the waiter was very good and friendly, when were looking at what to order, we all felt rush - like he wasn't patient enough for us to even finish saying what we were going to order.Special Features: