Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse
316 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://churrascariaplataforma.com/
- Phone: 212-245-0505x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00am, Sundays & Mondays 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our private rooms have capacities for 28 and 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Reservation Department 2122450505x
- Entertainment: Live Brazilian Music - Thursday through Saturday.
A word from Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse
Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse is a Rodizio style restaurant. Rodizio is a method of serving meat that originated in the south of Brazil in the early 1800's. The concept is to serve a wide variety of different cuts of beef - sirloin, baby beef, top round, skirt steak, short ribs, brisket, rib eye; pork - ham, pork ribs, sausage, pork loin, suckling pig; chicken - chicken legs, chicken hearts; turkey - wrapped in bacon; lamb, fish, etc. in succession, to each diner individually right at their table. A meal typically begins with a trip to the gourmet salad bar, which features a variety of vegetables and composed salads in addition to four hot dishes. We also serve a selection of side dishes at your table. The main course, the highlight of the meal, will start when you flip your coaster-sized "chip" from the red side to the green side, signaling the meat cutters you're ready to be served. Winner of Three Consecutive NYC Health Dept "Golden Apple Award".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (63)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (16)romantic (13)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Meat is delicious BUT disappointingLucyVIPDined on 9/13/2014In order to enjoy the abundance of meat and the plentiful salad bar, you need to put up with some negatives -- noisy and almost chaotic atmosphere -- side dishes that we couldn't even touch due to poor taste, cold, and not good at all. They used to have a location that was down in Tribeca and it was so much more enjoyable (for its service, ambience, all food, etc.).
- Servicecomedine1Dined on 9/5/2014Generally good service although let down big time by the ego of the smiling Maitre D who didn't want to know you once the bill was paid!!!!! Just a blank look on his face when we went to say goodbye _ disappointing indeed. Rest of the staff were 1st class and very attentive to your needs.Shame!Special Features:
- Amazing Food and ServiceKrisNYDined on 9/2/2014Absolutely loved the food. The gourmet salad bar and a various of meats that you will be so full you no longer can have a bite. The drinks and deserts are fantastic, as well as the service. We had the best of times. I will go back in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lover's paradise!SotoVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food at CP is very, very good. I'm speaking about the roasted meats that come to your table on skewers, again and again, until you cry uncle. The price tag is a little high, so it's a bit of a splurge, but if you have something to celebrate this is a great place for it. Cocktails were also very good and ther were fish options in the buffet area, but you're not going to get your money's worth unless you're a carnivore.Special Features:
- Good meats, decent salad barFrequentDinerNYCVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food here is decent - rodizio meats are tasty and plentiful. The service is average. We went on a Wednesday night that wasn't very busy, yet the service wasn't noteworthy. The desserts were disappointing. This is definitely not a dessert place. I will not rush to return to this restaurant except if/when friends/family come to town and want an alternative dining experience.Special Features:
- quickeyDined on 8/16/2014Fun way to celebrate a special occasion with a group of people Great food and amazing salad bar offering various cuisines including sushi, hot and cold appsSpecial Features:
- premium rodizio, best ever-probablyOldSchoolBridgeTunnelDined on 8/15/2014I have never actually been to Brazil but i have had rodizio in Newark, around the country, and at Caribbean resorts. What sets Churrascaria Plataforma apart is the salad bar, ambience, and of course the meat. As with all rodizio the premium meats show up less infrequently than the lesser meats but there was nothing that was served that I would classify as over salted, filler, or fatty. The selection was superb and if I was to say anything negative that on the bustling summer Friday night there were some skewers that where a little dry and you are bombarded with meats to keep the tables turning in/out. I don't recommend rodizio prefix, but this place is good night on the town and even like last meal good. Top of the line NYC restaurant.Special Features:
- Carnivores ParadiseBrooklynGirl383Dined on 8/14/2014Great Service, great salad bar, good cocktails, unbelievable selection of wonderfully prepared meat and a fun lively atmosphere. The desserts are not up to par for a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food for meat loversFAC123Dined on 8/12/2014The food was great and I love meat. They had multiple varieties and the service was great. When I tried some Lamb Chops and they were a little overcooked to my taste, they brought me out another set of them just for me. Then the server whould keep bringing them to me. It was great!!!Special Features:
- Always good!jakfiDined on 8/11/2014Came here again because it's the favorite of my friend from out of town- this time with his daughter & girlfriend because he want when to have the experience. Everything great as always! Fulfilled our special request for chicken hearts with a smile. Staff extremely personable. I WOULD check "kid-friendly", but only for kids who know how to behave in a restaurant. The kids I've brought have loved it, and the wait staff has engaged with then wonderfully; but I wouldn't want anyone to think it's kid friendly as in turning a deaf ear to tantrums & bad manners and such. It's not cheap, but it's worth it, especially if you come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToddODined on 7/26/2014Great food in an upbeat atmosphere where the staff are energetic and outgoing. Big fan of the whole scene.Special Features:
- Food & Service @ it's BEST!KB1969Dined on 7/26/2014It was our first time @ this restaurant and I must say it was an AWESOME experience! The staff & waiters were so attentive and accommodating. The food was great! My fiancé truly enjoyed every minute if it because he's a carnivore!!!LOL! We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for meat loversMarcoPoloDined on 7/26/2014If you love meat this is the place to go. Variety, abundance, great service. The lunch salad bar could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good bbq, nice caipirinhas &serviceCaroDined on 7/26/2014I loved the food !! it was gooood. Especially file mignon with parmesan. My husband doesn't like cheese, so they made especially for him a round of file mignon without cheese. I considered that a very nice gesture (hence the tip). The only "-" the upper cuts on the freshly made cuts were too salty for my taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaks at the best pricecia2014Dined on 7/24/2014This is a restaurant that knows what it is all about and does it well. They are super consistent and of the highest quality. I crave their meat everyday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarryHarryDined on 7/20/2014I have been a regular customer of Plataforma since its inauguration. In the past I always considered it outstanding and would have given five stars for food, service and ambience. Unfortunately during my last visit, things seemed to have changed for the worse. Service was generally unfriendly and unskilled (meat slicers not properly trained in the art of slicing the meat, as appropriate). Meat offerings were limited with long gaps between offerings, and requests for side dishes appeared to create too much trouble for the servers. The traditional Brazilian hospitality was lacking. I write this in hopes that management realizes that much improvement is required ASAP to restore this otherwise wonderful Churrascaria to its former condition.Special Features:
- great as alwaysneverskydivingagainVIPDined on 7/14/2014Been coming here whenever possible while I'm in Manhattan for the last 10 years. Before kids, and now after kids, haven't been disappointed. The service was still great despite the fact that it was only two days after Brazil's utter collapse in the world cup.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceJPKSDined on 7/13/2014Great food and outstanding service. My second time in this place and its getting better all the time. I recommend this to all NY visitors.Special Features:
- Second visit here. GreatFlattyDined on 7/13/2014The staff here is great. Both visits we always felt important to all the servers. Highly recommend. I don't even eat meat but the salad bar is great. The meat eaters with me said the meats were all deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat extravaganzaDorridgeontourDined on 7/12/2014We have been to a few Brazilian restaurants but this was the best so far. Great choice of starters and appetisers with excellent quality of food. The meat served at your table ( when you turn your card over to green) was very good - we counted about 8 different choices. We have had meats with a wider variety of sauces and coverings elsewhere, but that is being picky... Overall great food and great experience. Service was very good indeed - and very attentive to needs. The whole place was lively - quite loud actually - but it added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014I have been to this restaurant numerous times in the past and have always had a wonderful meal. However, this last time was not nearly as good. The quality of food was not the same. The gauchos were slow to come around. In addition, the Brasil Soccer game was on all throughout the restaurant. Though this is a Brazilian restaurant I did not expect to have the game projected onto screens in the dining room while I was trying to have a nice dinner with my date. It also seemed to distract the waitstaff.
- DelightfulAllumescDined on 7/12/2014I had lunch with my daughters and their boyfriends at Plataforma. The food was delicious and the staff were adorable. Love this place. Can't wait to return! Don't fill up on the salad bar. Wait for the meats to come around.Special Features:
- A So So experienceDW77Dined on 7/1/2014I have been to a few of these Brazilian Steakhouses in NY and in other states. This one fell short of my expectations ambiance wise. The meats were great but the sides dishes and salad bar were not at all. The place had lots of kids dinning which added to the completely relaxed environment. Everyone was super casual and laid back as though they were at a bar. The lighting was awful and did not give the restaurant an adult , romantic hotspot , date spot nor trendy spot. For $60 starting price I expected more a semi upscale environment.Special Features:
- Great experienceKeithDined on 6/27/2014My first Brazilian Steakhouse. The salad bar was amazing, but don't eat too much. The meat was diverse. My only complaint was the "doneness" was a little too rare for me and a couple of the cuts. The filet was parmesan encrusted and was great. The sausage was not my favorite. If you don't like something, wait a second and they will come around with something you will like. I did not even get through all the meats. This place is a carnivores delight.Special Features:
- great location for eating a lot!eatThemeatDined on 6/20/2014Enjoyed the superb food but it was louder than expected. If you want more ambiance, they may not be best place but great date night scene! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Carnivore's Delight & Much More!PaleoManDined on 6/18/2014If you are a carnivore, then this is a must-have experience. And there will be something new, unique and perfectly prepared for any pallette in your group. The salad bar is packed with top-notch appetizer, seafood and salad items and will keep any appetite satiated no matter their dietary leanings. I follow a Paleo diet and found this menu a great fit for my cravings. Every one of the limitless meat items is cooked to perfection and are served up by a cadre of polite and helpful wait staff. Do not leave without asking them for their suggestions on pairing the various meats with any of the unique in-house sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/18/2014Filets and sausage best, chops over done. Too much food.
- carnívorosluv2dineDined on 6/14/2014If u r a meat lover this is a place 4 u. However there also is a buffet w all kinds of salads cold cuts cheese u name it. Hold ur stomach empty till u get there. Then schedule a cab to take u home. Too much foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drichdrichDined on 6/13/2014my new favorite restaurant in NYC. The cold bar was outstanding great selections and all were flavorful and fresh. All the meats were excellent and again flavorful and never stopped (turkey, pork, lamb, beef and more beef and more lamb). The staff was exceptional never had a dirty plate or flatware sitting in front of me and my glass was always full and waiter was very attentive to all our needs. See you again real soon with friends next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful atmosphereClaufmuVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great way to spend time with friends and eat good quality meats. The salad bar was also amazing from sushi to fish casseroles accompanied by the BEST Caipirinha made with Pitu cachaca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AYCE SteakhouseTobiasDined on 6/9/2014This restaurant is great if you want to experience the all you can eat vibe for Brazilian steak. Food will be served nonstop and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMJC50RIDined on 6/7/2014Not only do you can all you can eat meats of various style, you have an salad bar buffet with sushi and chilled jumbo shrimp. While you do pay $70 for this it is worth your while but be sure to bring your appetite.
- theater district gemsaturnaddDined on 6/7/2014we love the Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse yummy food great salads impeccable friendly professional servers loverly place to eat when you have tickets to the theaterSpecial Features:
- MeatpocolypsekramDined on 6/5/2014If you're a craving carnivore, this is the place to have at it. Although the salad/hot bar options were of good quality, I have been to churrassscrias with more options on the buffet. That being said though, everything was delicious and the service was especially friendly and on point this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceBrockDined on 6/2/2014Everyone at our table was impressed with the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodKipsBayDined on 5/31/2014I loved this restaurant. It was my first time here, and I look forward to returning again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore's DelightJJB11209Dined on 5/29/2014Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse is a meat eater's delight. While there are certainly many vegetarian choices (they were even able to happily accommodate a member of my party who is a vegan) in my opinion you come here for the meat and you will not be disappointed. Cuts of beef, pork and chicken came in a never ending parade. At the suggestion of our waiter I tried a Brazilian beer (Xingu) and found it truly enjoyable. I highly recommend Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aftershowreviewDined on 5/25/2014Excellent post-theater spot. Great salad bar with a wide variety of choices. The skewered meats just keep on coming. I wiil definitely be going back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you are hungry ...buffyDined on 5/25/2014If you are looking for a different experience and would like to try delicious meat cuts and Brazilian side dishes this is the place. The salad bar is excellent, service is very good. Don't eat all the cheese bread so you can save space for the meat courses. The concept is fairly common price fixed, alcoholic beverages and desserts not included. Worth every cent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Columbus VisitorUADINERDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I were in NYC for a concert and celebrating our birthdays. This place stepped up to the occasion~ Dino, the Maitre'D gave us the "lay of the land" starting with a wonderfully appointed salad bar...but don't eat too much there. This place is for LARGE appetites. A fun, vibrant place for big eaters. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The following 957 reviews are from the Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse reviews archive.