Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse
316 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plataformaonline.com/
- Phone: (212) 245-0505
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Wednesday: 12 PM to 11 PM
Thursday through Saturday: 12 PM to 12 AM
Sundays: 12 PM to 10 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our private rooms have capacities for 28 and 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Reservation Department 2122450505x
- Entertainment: Live Brazilian Music - Thursday through Saturday.
A word from Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse
Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse is a Rodizio style restaurant. Rodizio is a method of serving meat that originated in the south of Brazil in the early 1800's. The concept is to serve a wide variety of different cuts of beef - sirloin, baby beef, top round, skirt steak, short ribs, brisket, rib eye; pork - ham, pork ribs, sausage, pork loin, suckling pig; chicken - chicken legs, chicken hearts; turkey - wrapped in bacon; lamb, fish, etc. in succession, to each diner individually right at their table. A meal typically begins with a trip to the gourmet salad bar, which features a variety of vegetables and composed salads in addition to four hot dishes. We also serve a selection of side dishes at your table. The main course, the highlight of the meal, will start when you flip your coaster-sized "chip" from the red side to the green side, signaling the meat cutters you're ready to be served.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (64)special occasion (53)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (15)romantic (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014We kept getting the same steak "Top Choice Sirlon"
- Food quality and variety is always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/21/2014Been there several times. Food and service is always excellent. Prices on the high side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High-End ChurrascariabubbasluggoDined on 11/18/2014A churrascaria is a uniquely Brazilian experience, and a very truly unique dining experience. If you love meat, then this should be on your Bucket List. The salad bar is epic (it even includes all kinds of sushi and chilled shrimp). A caparina (Btazilian lime & cane sugar cocktail) is a must, but skip the standard Pitu casacha (potent Brazilian rum) and go for the top shelf....The best extra $2 you will ever spend). Wait staff is very attentive, and the roaming Capa run a and dessert carts are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadLarryDined on 11/15/2014The meats were alright. I would have liked a more diverse selection. Sometimes when I asked for medium-rare I got medium. I had to order my drink twice, the first time the order got lost. We had to wait about 10 minutes for our table despite having a reservation. Other than that service was good. Overall, not a bad experience. No serious complaints. But I think for the money I am unlikely to return.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I decided to try this place out for our anniversary after seeing Wicked it was super close to the theater and seemed like a good choice . Our reservation was for 6:30 and we showed up around 5:15 and asked to be sat they said th he do there best even though the place was pretty empty , but they did seat us within 15 mins so that was good ! Now I knew the price was pretty steal but figured it would be worth it . It was 70+ $ per person for a Buffett and all diferent types of carved meat that they came around and cut at the table for you ! The same meats came to our table about 3 diff times and by the time the other types came we couldn't eat anything else only went to the Buffetts one side and had maybe 4 diff types of meat, well basically all beef diff cuts and They said there was lamb, beef , chicken and so on . It def want worth the money to me ! The gentleman that sat us and explained how it worked was lovely but the waiters serving the meat seamed bothered ! I would not go here again !
- Not The same As It Used to BeRobin410Dined on 11/13/2014We always loved coming to this restaurant when going to the theater or celebrating a special occasion. This time was noticeably different. Although the waiters were more attentive than usual ie: pulling out chairs, asking how everything is numerous times, etc. the food was lacking in quality and quantity. The numerous meats that are usually brought around in abundance were quite scarce. We had our green coasters face up and there were long intervals where nothing was brought over. Only about 3 or 4 meat servers came to our table the whole time we were there and 2 of them were serving hard overdone meat. When we complained numerous times to the waiter that barely any food was being brought to the table, he would send one server over and then we would sit there waiting with our plates empty again. Our bill not including tip came to 195.00 for 2 with only 2 pina coladas, 2 desserts and barely any food. That was a lot considering if we didn't order dessert we would have left hungry.
- TambichouDined on 11/9/2014Good experience of brazilian food. Perfect servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner PlaceFlorenDined on 11/7/2014We celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary here. The service was friendly, prompt and attentive. The food was second to none. We truly enjoyed the selection of meats brought to our table. Bring both your appetite and your wallet. It was well worth it. AAA+++Special Features:
- Best Brazilian ChurrascariagmacDined on 11/7/2014Prix fixe includes unlimited salad bar and entree - everything else is extra - check the website for details. The salpicão (Brazilian chicken salad) is not to be missed and all the meats were as advertised - "fresh off the grill, roasted to perfection, and carved to your desire" - and definitely invites over-indulgence. Special off-the-menu Brasilian classics such as corações de galinha ( barbecued chicken hearts ) also available on request and somehow you must manage to leave room for dessert. Impeccable service starts at the door. Only criticism is the caipirinhas which although excellent, were less than generous portions even for NYC. Lunch for two with two rounds of caipirinhas and an extra dessert came to $190 before gratuity.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/25/2014Great service. Meat was great, but not the best one I've had. Salad bar was great, but not the best one I've had. It was quite pricey, thoughSpecial Features:
- GingerDined on 10/19/2014Food is excellent for meat lovers. Restaurant was very lively with several special occasion events when we were there. It was vibrant, lots of fun and the service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLennyDined on 10/17/2014Amazing brasilian food here!! You can find amazing buffet and drink great wines or cocktails! Really need back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants.thestormnycDined on 10/11/2014Not only is the all-you-can-eat steak consistently delicious, with a wide variety of a choices, but the first course salad bar has a tremendous amount of delectable offerings as well including sushi and delicious salads. I will always come here when I want to celebrate something!Special Features:
- Different and DelightfulMsDirectorDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful lunch at Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse even without taking advantage of their amazing looking Brazilian Barbecue. The service was exquisite and their extensive and delicious salad bar (including some great hot Brazilian dishes) was plenty for us for lunch. But we watched the skewered meats going past us to other tables and they looked succulent and perfectly cooked. You can be sure we will be coming back one evening soon to sample those uniquely Brazilian specialties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Wow, best Brazilian restaurant I have been to, nice ambience, great food variety, excellent service and outstanding meats quality, we love itSpecial Features:
- Annual trip!gfamjamDined on 9/20/2014We visit once a year for the past 4 years for my husband's birthday as we just love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gemsaturnaddDined on 9/20/2014always a pleasure to dine at this neighborhood gem right in the heart of the theater district food is wonderful service is unbelievably good friendly professional and really greatSpecial Features:
- Not for light eaters, but good.HungryDined on 9/15/2014A cool way to spend a relaxing dinner. A little pricey for people who don't eat a lot. Great service and food is good.Special Features:
- Meat is delicious BUT disappointingLucyVIPDined on 9/13/2014In order to enjoy the abundance of meat and the plentiful salad bar, you need to put up with some negatives -- noisy and almost chaotic atmosphere -- side dishes that we couldn't even touch due to poor taste, cold, and not good at all. They used to have a location that was down in Tribeca and it was so much more enjoyable (for its service, ambience, all food, etc.).
- Best Brazilian Steakhouse in the CountryTomKVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have been to Plataforma 25 or so times over the last 6 years, usually entertaining clients. It is always top-notch with the best salad bar in the city (sushi, shrimp cocktail, amazing salads), and always well-prepared and nicely seasoned meat. You sometimes have to ask for certain cuts to be brought by your table. But don't be shy to ask, as they will surly accommodate you. The beef items are all to die for, but the single best thing served is the tiny chicken breast. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicecomedine1Dined on 9/5/2014Generally good service although let down big time by the ego of the smiling Maitre D who didn't want to know you once the bill was paid!!!!! Just a blank look on his face when we went to say goodbye _ disappointing indeed. Rest of the staff were 1st class and very attentive to your needs.Shame!Special Features:
- Amazing Food and ServiceKrisNYDined on 9/2/2014Absolutely loved the food. The gourmet salad bar and a various of meats that you will be so full you no longer can have a bite. The drinks and deserts are fantastic, as well as the service. We had the best of times. I will go back in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lover's paradise!SotoVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food at CP is very, very good. I'm speaking about the roasted meats that come to your table on skewers, again and again, until you cry uncle. The price tag is a little high, so it's a bit of a splurge, but if you have something to celebrate this is a great place for it. Cocktails were also very good and ther were fish options in the buffet area, but you're not going to get your money's worth unless you're a carnivore.Special Features:
- Good meats, decent salad barFrequentDinerNYCVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food here is decent - rodizio meats are tasty and plentiful. The service is average. We went on a Wednesday night that wasn't very busy, yet the service wasn't noteworthy. The desserts were disappointing. This is definitely not a dessert place. I will not rush to return to this restaurant except if/when friends/family come to town and want an alternative dining experience.Special Features:
- quickeyDined on 8/16/2014Fun way to celebrate a special occasion with a group of people Great food and amazing salad bar offering various cuisines including sushi, hot and cold appsSpecial Features:
- premium rodizio, best ever-probablyOldSchoolBridgeTunnelDined on 8/15/2014I have never actually been to Brazil but i have had rodizio in Newark, around the country, and at Caribbean resorts. What sets Churrascaria Plataforma apart is the salad bar, ambience, and of course the meat. As with all rodizio the premium meats show up less infrequently than the lesser meats but there was nothing that was served that I would classify as over salted, filler, or fatty. The selection was superb and if I was to say anything negative that on the bustling summer Friday night there were some skewers that where a little dry and you are bombarded with meats to keep the tables turning in/out. I don't recommend rodizio prefix, but this place is good night on the town and even like last meal good. Top of the line NYC restaurant.Special Features:
- Carnivores ParadiseBrooklynGirl383Dined on 8/14/2014Great Service, great salad bar, good cocktails, unbelievable selection of wonderfully prepared meat and a fun lively atmosphere. The desserts are not up to par for a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food for meat loversFAC123Dined on 8/12/2014The food was great and I love meat. They had multiple varieties and the service was great. When I tried some Lamb Chops and they were a little overcooked to my taste, they brought me out another set of them just for me. Then the server whould keep bringing them to me. It was great!!!Special Features:
- Always good!jakfiDined on 8/11/2014Came here again because it's the favorite of my friend from out of town- this time with his daughter & girlfriend because he want when to have the experience. Everything great as always! Fulfilled our special request for chicken hearts with a smile. Staff extremely personable. I WOULD check "kid-friendly", but only for kids who know how to behave in a restaurant. The kids I've brought have loved it, and the wait staff has engaged with then wonderfully; but I wouldn't want anyone to think it's kid friendly as in turning a deaf ear to tantrums & bad manners and such. It's not cheap, but it's worth it, especially if you come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 987 reviews are from the Churrascaria Plataforma Brazilian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- ToddODined on 7/26/2014Great food in an upbeat atmosphere where the staff are energetic and outgoing. Big fan of the whole scene.Special Features:
- Food & Service @ it's BEST!KB1969Dined on 7/26/2014It was our first time @ this restaurant and I must say it was an AWESOME experience! The staff & waiters were so attentive and accommodating. The food was great! My fiancé truly enjoyed every minute if it because he's a carnivore!!!LOL! We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for meat loversMarcoPoloDined on 7/26/2014If you love meat this is the place to go. Variety, abundance, great service. The lunch salad bar could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good bbq, nice caipirinhas &serviceCaroDined on 7/26/2014I loved the food !! it was gooood. Especially file mignon with parmesan. My husband doesn't like cheese, so they made especially for him a round of file mignon without cheese. I considered that a very nice gesture (hence the tip). The only "-" the upper cuts on the freshly made cuts were too salty for my taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaks at the best pricecia2014Dined on 7/24/2014This is a restaurant that knows what it is all about and does it well. They are super consistent and of the highest quality. I crave their meat everyday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarryHarryDined on 7/20/2014I have been a regular customer of Plataforma since its inauguration. In the past I always considered it outstanding and would have given five stars for food, service and ambience. Unfortunately during my last visit, things seemed to have changed for the worse. Service was generally unfriendly and unskilled (meat slicers not properly trained in the art of slicing the meat, as appropriate). Meat offerings were limited with long gaps between offerings, and requests for side dishes appeared to create too much trouble for the servers. The traditional Brazilian hospitality was lacking. I write this in hopes that management realizes that much improvement is required ASAP to restore this otherwise wonderful Churrascaria to its former condition.Special Features:
- great as alwaysneverskydivingagainVIPDined on 7/14/2014Been coming here whenever possible while I'm in Manhattan for the last 10 years. Before kids, and now after kids, haven't been disappointed. The service was still great despite the fact that it was only two days after Brazil's utter collapse in the world cup.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceJPKSDined on 7/13/2014Great food and outstanding service. My second time in this place and its getting better all the time. I recommend this to all NY visitors.Special Features:
- Second visit here. GreatFlattyDined on 7/13/2014The staff here is great. Both visits we always felt important to all the servers. Highly recommend. I don't even eat meat but the salad bar is great. The meat eaters with me said the meats were all deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat extravaganzaDorridgeontourDined on 7/12/2014We have been to a few Brazilian restaurants but this was the best so far. Great choice of starters and appetisers with excellent quality of food. The meat served at your table ( when you turn your card over to green) was very good - we counted about 8 different choices. We have had meats with a wider variety of sauces and coverings elsewhere, but that is being picky... Overall great food and great experience. Service was very good indeed - and very attentive to needs. The whole place was lively - quite loud actually - but it added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014I have been to this restaurant numerous times in the past and have always had a wonderful meal. However, this last time was not nearly as good. The quality of food was not the same. The gauchos were slow to come around. In addition, the Brasil Soccer game was on all throughout the restaurant. Though this is a Brazilian restaurant I did not expect to have the game projected onto screens in the dining room while I was trying to have a nice dinner with my date. It also seemed to distract the waitstaff.