165 S Post St
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.churchillssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5094749888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Russell Seaman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our richly appointed private dining room will comfortably accommodate groups from 20 to 50 of your most honored and appreciated guests. Lavish wood wainscot, crown molded coffered ceilings, and hand scrapped Brazialian cherry hardwood floors are the canvas over which intimate pre meal seating groups are arranged on leather lounge chairs and plush couches. Equipped with a ceiling mounted LCD projector and pull down screen, business presentations are seamless. Simply plug your lap-top into a wall jack and you're up and running. Microphones may be supplied either hard wired or wireless. Internet access is also available hard wired or wireless. Full menu, limited menus, and custom menus are available. Contact Lennie Rehard, GM, at (509) 474-9888 for details.
- Private Party Contact: Lennie Rehard, G.M. 5094749888
- Entertainment: Live piano stylings 7 nights a week.
A word from Churchill's Steakhouse
Churchill's is truly one of the country's great steakhouses. It is one of only a handful of steakhouses that exclusively serves 100% USDA Prime beef from midwestern, corn fed cattle. The loins are dry-aged and hand cut in house by our own Master Meat Cutter to ensure the finest quality. The steaks are cooked in a custom made, top heated, radient broiler at temperatures of 1,800 to 2,200 degrees sealing in the savory juices. Churchill's impressive menu includes USDA Prime domestic Lamb Chops, Duroc Pork Chops, fresh fish and shellfish and other seasonal seafood offerings; like fresh Florida Stone Crab Claws and Copper River King Salmon. Our bakery turns out fresh baked dinner rolls daily along with a variety of home made cakes and desserts. First timers must try our famous "Chocolate Sack". Our lively cocktail lounge, located in the lower level, has an elegant yet casual atmosphere and features live piano music seven nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Churchill's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Churchill's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (51)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Back to College dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I took our son to Churchill's in Spokane for dinner prior to his returning to Washington State University. He had the large filet, and stated it was the best steak ever. My wife had the ribeye and I had the KC strip. All 3 were excellent medium rare. Our server was Robert, he has the perfect personality for us, he anticipated nearly every situation so very little was requested but much was delivered. We came at their opening time of 4pm that day. Every employee we encountered was friendly, courteous and respectful. Will not hesitate to revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just SteakmaggieskaraDined on 8/15/2014Everything about our experience was perfect. Rayna took great care of us, she is wonderful. Our food was outstanding. The dining room is a great place for a celebration dinner and the bar is a great spot for a casual dinner. Love the piano player, too. He's so talented!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High notecrysDined on 8/14/2014We did the August special. The bread was delicious, the brule and mashed potatoes were amazing. The steak was okay, I don't like chewing a mouth filled with grease. Salad was superb. The restaurant was very beautiful. Slight mishap with onion in the steak with an allergy alert given, so I had my food nearly finished by the time the other plate was back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No big deal.ILikeDiningDined on 8/12/2014Having heard great comments, I was expecting a very fine restaurant, but was somewhat disappointed. The steak was good, but not outstanding. At $52 for a 14 oz. Rib eye, it was quite over priced and the serving size was too large. We split the steak (ourselves, at the table, because they wouldn't do it for us in the kitchen) and didn't order dessert because could see that the five-layer cake was big enough to serve five people. Volume doesn't make a meal better nor does it improve the flavor. It was nice to see a table with a tablecloth and cloth napkins in Spokane, but the pianist wasn't worthy of a gig in an airport lounge. I won't return.
- Our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We had a great time. The service was excellent. I had the steak- well done. My husband ordered the salmon. The salads were tasty. Mark had the iceberg wedge and I had the Caesar . The best part of the meal was dessert. I had the creme brulee which was VERY rich. Mark really liked the grilled peaches and ice cream. Since we were celebrating our anniversary, the kitchen added a dollop of whipped cream with a lighted candle in the center with my dessert. thoughtful.Special Features:
- Missed the markv8toiletDined on 8/12/2014Churchill's was described in multiple reviews as the best place to get a steak in Spokane. Enter three guys from Montana who love steak. We've eaten at Morton's Ruths Criss, STK in Vegas, the Salt Lick in Calgary and countless other small steak places. Our dinner was above average but not amazing. All three of us agreed it was completely over salted, and we're three guys who love salt. Service was good, the steaks were cooked to the requested temps. I can get a better dining experience in my small town of Columbia Falls, MT for $35.00-$40.00 instead of the $70.00 my meal was with a salad. The other two guys did comment that the asparagus was good. It wasn't bad but it didn't live up to "best steak" billing.
- bobbobmckeevDined on 8/10/2014awesome dinner as always meal was so good service alsoSpecial Features:
- From the moment you walk in...BubbaBlueBBQPitmasterDined on 8/9/2014you know this is going to be special. From the Receptionist Erin, to the bartender, and waitstaff, the service was impeccable. The food was cooked to perfection. The presentation was spot on. Not enough room to say what a wonderful experience this establishment is.... service and quality of food were superb. Since I am limited on room, I have made an additional review on Google.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Once Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Once again Churchills has surpassed my expectations. I always feel like I get what I pay for when I eat there. The staff are attentive, knowledgable and just all around awesome! I enjoy seeing the tray of steaks and being told about each one/type and how they are cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25year celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We were visiting from Montana and decided to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary at Churchill's Steakhouse. No regrets! Dinner coupled with our own bottle of 1977 Silver Oak cabernet sauvignon was excellent. General Manager Franco D'Amico was most cordial and ably decanted our prized wine. Staff was well informed and service was attentive. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The professional staff handled our small party as well as a last minute party of 30. We were especially fond of the steaks' compound butter. That little detail just added to the flavor of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you dinnerMiBiDined on 7/28/2014Food was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. Prices are high for Spokane but the quality is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014This is a place of high expectation from diners. The price is outrageous, but steak excellent. So it justifies the price. Because of th price, I would recommend for special occasion only.Special Features:
- WOWCandCDined on 7/19/2014Incredible service and food!! We walked in and the hostess noticed my dress was a darker color, so she brought me a black napkin instead of the standard white one. That was the tip of the iceberg with how amazing their service was. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. The server, hostess and manager personally greeted us warmly and made us feel like we were the most important people there. All this said, and the food was the best...EVER!! Steak and lamb cooked to absolute perfection, and whatever they do to their snap peas make them irresistible. We will absolutely be back!!Special Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The only way I can describe this meal is, I can die happy now. That was the best meal of my (& my husband) life. The New York Strip was to die for. We even received a free dessert, Creme Brulee, because it was our anniversary. And it was also amazing!! I can't believe I've lived Spokane for so many years without going here. We won't make that mistake again. We're planning on going here at least once a year. Well done Churchill's, we'll done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casimira RoblesMrsPNWDined on 7/18/2014I made reservations for July 18th-noting we were newlyweds. We arrived early but the hostess was able to seat us at our "great" table in the middle of the dining area so she wouldn't "squeeze us in a booth like a sardine." We asked if we could be moved to a private, less-visible table then the hostess admitted it was the only one available. She tried to move us to another table, where my chair could barely fit between a post and the table. My husband decided to check downstairs and found us a fabulous corner booth- very private and cozy. The piano was most enjoyable and the staff just attentive enough. We enjoyed an amazing meal and drinks whilst having the privacy we wanted. We complimented the charming manager and left a $100 tip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTimandkaleiDined on 7/15/2014Best steak ever, service was great, wine list fantastic. Thanks for a great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak of my lifeDanKDined on 7/14/2014Was visiting Spokane with an old friend who has worked at some of the finest steakhouses on the east coast, including Fleming's and The Palm. He is a bit of a food snob, but has the knowledge and experience to back it up. I am just a typical steakhouse patron, but I know the difference between a hunk of cow and a steak. My friend and I each ordered the ribeye medium rare (it's an insult to the cow to prepare it any other way!) We both agreed it was the best steak either of us ever had. The Cougar Gold mac and cheese and asparagus sides were heavenly as well, and the wedge salad is to die for. We were impressed. They import their butter from Belgium, the beef is naturally Midwestern prime and the wine list is large and well-balanced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Best ribeye I've ever had. Very nice atmosphere but still inviting to the farmers in my group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to it's reputationDessertFirstVIPDined on 7/9/2014Excellent meal, service and great expereince. One of the best steaks I've had in a long time. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014Love this place. Best restaurant in Spokane. I can't think of another that is even close. Service, food, ambiance. Has it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experience!olyjazzmanDined on 6/25/2014Very impressed with all aspects of this restaurant! The decor, service, bar, wine list and food were incredible! This is a great restaurant to celebrate any occasion. While Churchill's is known as an excellent steak house there are many other great options for those who prefer something other than red meat! If Spokane is your destination do yourself a favor and experience this restaurant!Special Features:
- Family dinnerSpokanevisitorDined on 6/22/2014Our first time at Churchills was a great experience, we will definitely be back. The menu offered a terrific selection of meat and seafood entrees with healthy but gourmet sides and the house made desserts are out of this world! The wine list is superb. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful as one would expect in this caliber of restaurant! The dinner prices are very reasonable given the quality of menu, would have expected to pay more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckfChuckfDined on 6/18/2014No bread was ever served. Our meat selection was excellent but the accompanying vegetables were cold. When we ordered another glass of wine when the food was served it was delivered after we had finished our meal. The waitress was surly. We ate at a Ruth's Chris last month and it blew Churchill's away!Special Features:
- Excellent filet mignonJackDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed our anniversary here and the food was excellent. Though it is pricey, we endured. My wife said her steak was the best she can remember having in all her dining days.Special Features:
- CHOCOLATE SACKBFlanaganMDDined on 6/14/2014The steaks were amazing but the chocolate sack for desert truely was unique and delicious. Definitely highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever hadBellaDined on 6/14/2014My husband is a total meat guy and churchill's steak is the best he's had by far. Great service and wine list as well. Fairly spendy so nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014One of the few places I've ran into in the Pac NW that truly understands how to do steak. Top notch restaurant if you are looking for real good steak - but please don't be one of those diners who orders it well done. Don't ruin their art.Special Features:
- JimDCfoodsnobVIPDined on 6/12/2014One of the best Prime NY Strip steaks I have ever had - worth the price!.. Service (Tara) was awesome, and live piano music gave nice ambiance! 5 stars!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steak house like you rememberRitzDiningguruDined on 6/11/2014This is one of those new steak houses that feels like it has been there doing it right for 50 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDougDined on 6/10/2014This is a fine upscale restaurant the food was excellent the service was stellar. If anyone desires a fine dinning experience Churchill is it. We visit Churchill's about six times a year, we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Food Prepare PerfectlyLolabeanDined on 6/7/2014We chose Churchill's as part of a girl's weekend away. We were not disappointed. The service was impeccable, and the food cooked to perfection. We ended the evening in their downstairs bar enjoying the chocolate stack and brandy. Thank-you Churchill's for making our weekend spectacular!Special Features:
- jcmpDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Churchill's and were very pleased. The food was excellent with a very accommodating wait person. Will not be the last time we dine there when visiting Spokane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!JaneDined on 6/6/2014We love this place for special occasions. Our service was great and the food all came out hot and delicious. Noise level was high, but not impossible to talk over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKalimacDined on 5/31/2014This place was wonderful for our anniversary dinner. I would highly recommend it for any special occasion or when your want amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here, wont be the last!Good2goDined on 5/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 48th anniversary at Churchill's. It was our first meal at this restaurant. We shared the Maryland Crab Cocktail appetizer and it was delicious. I had the Caesar Salad. It was the best I've ever eaten. I had the Rib Eye Steak which was perfectly done to medium rare and as tender as can be. My wife had the small Filet and reported it fit for a Queen, which she was that night. The wine list is very good but as my wife can't have any alcohol I ordered from the by the glass list and both the Riesling with the crab appetizer and the Cab-Sauv with my entree were very good. The Service was as high quality as the meal. This may have been our first meal at Churchill's but it certainly won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningApgarDined on 5/25/2014High Quality food, fabulous atmosphere and impeccable service! I felt pampered and special and loved the flavorful, melt in your mouth beef and my favorite creme brulee.Special Features:
- Not good for a romantic dinnerGinnieWDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I were splurging on what we thought would be a romantic dinner to celebrate our second anniversary. We were seated on a side of the restaurant against a wall where they had four 2-person tables approximately 3 feet apart. There was no way to carry on a private conversation with another couple seated that close to us, and several times we had conversations with the couples on either side of us as they joined in on ours. Needless to say, we were reluctant to discuss much of anything. Whenever the pianist took a break, they played Top 40-radio-station-type music that was quite out of character for the ambiance of the restaurant, and it was much louder than the pianist had been, forcing us to try to talk as we would in a bar.Special Features:
- Superior ServiceJackDined on 5/24/2014The service has been the highlight of my several experiences at this restaurant. The wait staff is always friendly and knowledgeable of the menu options available, and they go out of their way to please. The food is well prepared and presented and tastes great, however in my opinion, the portions are a bit too large for this type of dining. The prices are very reasonable for the quantity and quality served. You can't go wrong with eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Everything was top notch from the food to the service. The one funny thing we thought was that the music in the background was strange for the atmosphere there but nothing to worry about.Special Features: