78 Reade Street
New York, NY 10007Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.churchpublick.com/#home
- Phone: 2122673000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Sunday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Joshua Elliot
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Church Publick
Church Publick is a traditional American bar and restaurant in the heart of TriBeCa in New York City. Drink, dine and relax at the bar, in one of our private booths, on our balcony or in the downstairs dining room. Sample the culinary delights of our menu, try out one of our 22 draft beers and explore our extensive wine and cocktail lists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Church Publick reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Terrible food and slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014Went here for a business lunch. Never again. Waiter was notably slow to get us drinks and take our order. Chicken was undercooked. Sent it back and they seemed to completely forget about it. Took 20 minutes to get back (and it was the exact piece I sent back, not a newly cooked entree, so how long could it have taken?). Even after that the dish had a very bitter and unpleasant flavor. Left a good part of it on the plate - something I never do. My dining companion left 1/2 of his salad entree uneaten as well. Can't recommend this place.
- OlgaDined on 7/31/2014Food and service were fantastic. Cocktails were a bit disappointing last time (July 31st), although previously the same cocktails were much better. We also found the place to be noisier than I recall from previous experiences (been there twice, in March and May 2014)Special Features:
- Good food, but turn down the A/CBSGNYCDined on 7/24/2014Went to Church Publick with a few colleagues for lunch. The food was good for pub food and the server was friendly and attentive. The only complaint was that, sitting upstairs, it felt like it was 60 degrees in the restaurant. By the end of lunch, the three of us couldn't wait to leave the restaurant and get out in the hot summer air. But, a good spot for a quick sit-down lunch downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchDJRAwayVIPDined on 7/17/2014Pleasantly surprised.A little dark in the booths in the back but was perfectly private for a business lunch. Beet salad was awesome as were pulled park tacos. Great combo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnereatingVIPDined on 6/20/2014I had such a nice time for my birthday with a group of 12 at Church Publick on Friday night - great food, great drinks, great service, and we had a whole section of the upstairs to ourselves. I DEFINITELY recommend this place for group outings - the food is delicious and won't break the bank. Thanks!!Special Features:
- Great beer listyummy123VIPDined on 6/14/2014We went for brunch on a Saturday -- not realizing that they only serve brunch on Sundays, so that was disappointing. However, the food was great. We were the first people in the place and the music was really loud -- so think they are going for a younger crowd. Extensive beer list -- looked amazing. I had the hard cider -- 2 thumbs up.Special Features:
- Good TimeshappyhourDined on 6/12/2014Great atmosphere and a beer list any enthusiast would appreciate. Food is good to go with the great beer list.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Church Publick reviews archive.
- DinnerNycDineVIPDined on 5/8/2014Enjoy going here for dinner. Love the red snapper burrito and great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely decorpadareejVIPDined on 4/29/2014We really loved the decor but the music was VERY LOUD so having a conversation was difficult. The service was very good and the menu was interesting. I would recommend this place for anyone who likes their music loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014Fantastic selection of beers and great food in a beautiful environment, what more does one need? Solid cocktail list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerEpicureanWayOfLifeDined on 4/24/2014I had such a great dinner experience at this lovely little restaurant. The manager greeted and seated us immediately, the wait staff was prompt, friendly and polite and suggested excellent items off the menu and wine list. The wild boar pappardelle is delicious, and the goat cheese gnocchi my friend had was really tasty! The manager on duty was incredibly knowledgeable about the available wines and made sure we had the perfect drink to compliment our dinners. The setting and decor is quaint and inviting, definitely a unique find in Tribeca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selection of beer. EverythingDAvidDined on 4/11/2014Good selection of beer. Everything else bland, uninspiring and borderline depressing. We won't be back.
- Really bad serviceNYCEaterVIPDined on 3/23/2014The space is really cool. But we waited 30+ minutes to order and had to ask the server to come to the table each time we needed something because he never checked in. The food was poorly excuted. The menu looked good, but it was cold on arrival and was cooked by an amateur. Not a great experience.
- TVs and craft beerslrmiller99VIPDined on 3/20/2014Great selection of craft beers and very nice dining atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite spot - not jokinglinzsheltonDined on 3/16/2014Although this place opened about 5 months ago & we live around the corner, we finally managed to pop in for brunch. We were floored: amazing menu, great selection of beers on tap, phenomenal service, and the best "old tribeca" decor we've ever seen executed. From the custom metal work around the bar (including iconic Tribeca pillars in the center of the room) right down to the ceiling lamps that are replicas of the lighting you would find in any old-timey NYC government building, etc. - they nailed it. The breakfast menu is classics re-imagined: the hush puppies breakfast salad was out of this world, the caramelized apple pancakes were phenomenal, and the homemade potato chips toped w/ beer cheese fondu will change your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!tribecadwellerVIPDined on 3/14/2014My first visit was a Friday evening and we were seated near the bar area so it was a tiny bit loud, but fun. I will absolutely go back. The food was delicious! Creative menu yet not too fussy - just excellent food. Our waiter was fab! He was very busy but he somehow managed to be there when we needed him with a "happy to serve you" attitude. In additional to the appetizer section there is a really fun Snack menu. I was with two friends and we each ordered something different and every entre was fantastic. I didn't spend any time at the bar but it looked like a fun area. Overall, there is really cool vibe, great food, and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar not restaurantKSaxVIPDined on 3/8/2014would not recommend this place as a restaurant. It is more of a bar vibe with lots of food options. Food is not for foodies. I remember their pretzel bread being amazing. everything else was average.
- Good food, expensiveUpperWestSiderVIPDined on 3/5/2014This new TriBeCa restaurant has very good food but is overpriced at lunch. That probably explains the lack of customers. They should lower their prices if they want to survive....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.