Church Lounge @ Tribeca Grand Hotel
2 Ave of the Americas
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Church Lounge @ Tribeca Grand Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tribecagrand.com/
- Phone: 2125196677
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00am - 11:00am Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm Lunch: Daily 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Daily 5:00pm -11:00pm Late Night: Monday - Thursday 11:00pm - Midnight (lounge), 11:00pm - 2:00am (bar) Friday - Saturday 11:00pm - 2:30am (bar and lounge) Sunday 11:00pm - Midnight (bar and lounge)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details about Large Party or Private Dining.
- Private Party Contact: Melody Thomas 2125196658
- Entertainment: Resident and guest deejays Thursday through Saturday
A word from Church Lounge @ Tribeca Grand Hotel
New York might have made the classic hotel bar famous, but it’s Tribeca Grand’s Church Lounge that revolutionized it. Dead center in the hotel’s open triangular atrium, the Church Lounge is an intimate gathering place in the day and turns into a key destination at night. The classic American menu offers everything from light appetizers to three-course meals, designed exclusively by the Tribeca Grand chefs. Church lounge also features a wealth of signature house cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Church Lounge @ Tribeca Grand Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/12/2014We really liked the decor and music which made a terrific ambience. The buffet was self-service, but the waitress was polite and helpful with drinks. Pretty good value. Great for children because there is a supervised theatre for them to enjoy while the adults are having their own good time. Homemade biscuits were my downfall and all the pastries looked great. The omelette bar let my eggs get cold before they were served but everything else was good.Special Features:
- Dead scenewantedittobebetterDined on 9/20/2014Blah food, icy waitress. Empty dining room should have been my first clue.
- Quirky but funECCTDined on 6/26/2014Fun restaurant in the Tribeca Grand Hotel with a menu that is more casual.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Church Lounge @ Tribeca Grand Hotel reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014Great place and fantastic service. .. get the meatballsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service ruined food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/16/2014After hearing much hype my friend and I went Saturday brunch after a nearby aqua spin class. It had a great lay-out and we were looking forward to a yummy brunch. The good was excellent. Unfortunately we had the absolute worst service I have ever experienced. Once we order and received our first drink we never saw our waiter again (which was particularly annoying when we wanted a second of the unlimited drinks!). We couldn't get anyone to clear our plates or refill anything. Finally at the end a new waitress appeared on the floor and brought us our check. There appeared to me more staff than patrons and no one had any interest in providing customer service.
- A great find. This is oneFoodieADined on 1/26/2014A great find. This is one hidden treasure in NYC. The food was a delicious brunch menu to suite many appetites. There was live music and the wait staff was quite friendly and attentive. The only negative comment is towards the size of the tables - they are really small. They were three of us, with our coffees and plates they really was not enough room on the table to eat the delicious food comfortably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice, mellow dinnerEricDined on 1/14/2014Great ambience for a quiet, romantic, excellent meal.Special Features:
- Going downhillnycquineDined on 11/22/2013I used to love this place, but now it's only so-so. The service is very slow, the food is not what it was, and when we arrived they didn't bother to note that we had an opentable.com booking, which meant I had to fill out a "no-show" form for the website the next day. Had planned to try Thanksgiving here, but will now be heading for Mercer Kitchen instead.
- Surprisingly perfect for familyLuciaDined on 11/16/2013This worked out well for us. It was not crowded at all. I went with my husband, friends and my baby. They have a lot of space so I was able to have my stroller next to me. We were very confortable and the food and service were excellent. I'll go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2013Really bad service, would not recommend. Don't waste your time or money. There are plenty of other hotel brunches in NYC.
- Great Sunday Brunchafisher423VIPDined on 6/23/2013Terrific buffet table and an outstanding dixieland jazz band playing at brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch!Sky1209VIPDined on 4/21/2013My husband I had a Sunday brunch. Recently moved around the area and we were looking for a good brunch place, and saw an ad on the local newspaper. The place is lovely but we could do without live music. The music is good but it's a bit loud for a small place. Our reservation was at 11am and we would have liked to enjoy calm quiet morning without it. Maybe they can start music around 2pm.... The food was great! However, they never offered cocktail, even though the menu on their website states there would be a complimentary cocktail. We are not really drinkers, so it didn't matter but I just wondered. The wait staff was pleasant but a little bit too laid back. Maybe they are under staffed.Special Features:
- Beautiful decor, adequate food.OltariDined on 4/18/2013The bass was a little loud on the music, which made the dining experience less pleasant for me. I ordered the black angus steak. It was a skirt steak, and not a particularly good one. My friend had the Papperdelle with short ribs, and loved it. The service was just okay. The hotel decor was lovely. The restaurant itself was a little dark. It seemed more like a place for hotel guests than regular diners. The location is convenient.Special Features:
- Glad our favorite brunch hasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2013Glad our favorite brunch has come back. The food selection is a little bit smaller than before, but the quality stays high. The service was not bad, but it seemed like they need more service staff.Special Features:
- Bar area would be great placeGregDined on 2/14/2013Bar area would be great place to meet friends after work. Plenty of seating. Restaurant was nice and good food selection. Overall great experience and would recommend.Special Features:
- This place is very odd. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/13/2013This place is very odd. The food was OK, but the place was deserted and had a very strange vibe. I wouldn't go back.
- Good time at the church loungeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Cool trendy bar/resteraunt, we were a couple dinining there for Christmas diner, 7pm , resteraunt relatively quiet, but suited us, when I return for work, I will take the girls there for drinks. Food delicious and fresh.Not cheap!Special Features:
- Nice place to take your parents,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2012Nice place to take your parents, it is quite enough that people can hear each other speak.Special Features:
- We missed the brunch and moviesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/8/2012We missed the brunch and movies for kids that they once had but still ended up very happy. The food quality is excellent. The service attentive and delightful. The portions fair. Our only complaint, though the breads & croissants are exceptional, is that the bread basket is skimpy.Special Features:
- There was one other coupleLoveSohoVIPDined on 6/16/2012There was one other couple in the entire restaurant. Despite that, it took more than 20 minutes for someone to ask we if would like a drink. We did not stay.
- This is a wonderful locationMAC1Dined on 6/7/2012This is a wonderful location for an early breakfast meeting. The lounge is calm and quiet and allows for conversation. I would recommend it to colleagues.
- Gracious service. When weOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/30/2012Gracious service. When we mentioned distraction of interior construction noise (lunch, 4/30/12), waiter and manager profusely apologized and comped our lunch.Special Features:
- Upscale Indormality...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/4/2012Welcoming, comfortable loung area, with large armchairs and sofas; very casual but upscale surroundings. Almost a little too lax in terms of small children running around noisily, making my small dog (dog-friendly space) look even more perfectly behaved than usual. Brunch was a good selection and was flavorful and well-presented.Special Features:
- This hotel restaurant surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/9/2012This hotel restaurant surprised me. The Restaurant was closed for a private event, but the hostess was very accommodating and sat us in the lounge area. The vibe is comfortable chic. It's like being in your living room, with a great mix of hotel and local guests. It's trendy, yet quiet enough to hold a conversation. The food was very tasty (surprising from a hotel actually), and the service was attentive. I would recommend for a business meeting, a first date, or even after a long day at the office on your own or with a group of friends. We saw family’s as well - which surprisingly with the open concept ceilings, went unnoticed except for the stroller! It's off the beaten path and the intimacy here is nice.Special Features:
- Good restaurant spoilt by bar noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2011Highly recommended by friends. However experience spoilt by a very noisy party in the nearby bar area and the fact that the restaurant also seemed to be the main route from reception to the bar so felt like eating in a corridor.
- Decor is pleasant and upscale.kwsunsetDined on 11/24/2011Decor is pleasant and upscale. The loud 80's music was annoying. Staff was serviceable but cold and lighting is such that you can't read the menu without holding the candle up to it. Drinks are very pricy as was the mediocre food I would not recommend this restaurant. There are much better elsewhere.
- Beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2011Beautiful gorgeous relaxing space. And the food was delicious.Special Features:
- They've changed the type ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2011They've changed the type of service ("all you can eat buffet" for " a la carte" ) and were definetely not prepared for it. Service was really poor and they made us change to a new table when we were almost done so they could fit a group that made a reservation (I made a reservation too, so what's the point?). This was my favorite brunch place in NYC but if they keep this scheme I wont go back there ever again. It was a shame, took my mom there (who had just arrived from Brazil) and everything was really bad...Not worth the money!
- I went to Church Lounge lastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2011I went to Church Lounge last Sunday expecting the Grand Brunch (which is still heavily promoted on their website) no sign of any brunch or an explanation. I had a burger instead, which was perfectly nice but not what I had booked for. Also, drinks here are VERY expensive. My orange juice was $6 compared with a glass of wine for $8!
- not a very good brunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2011not a very good brunch at all...and way overpriced for what you get. very small buffet of food - not a lot of food choices....food was not hot...ended up with a $110 bill for two people and they put in their own gratuity for $16 and still leave a line on the bill for a tip. their price for brunch is ridiculous and to put in their own gratuity confused me - all the waiter did was bring us coffee and juice - we had to go the buffet to serve ourselves so not sure what they thought we were tipping the staff for. so not what i expected and was very disappointed, as was my husband. will not be returning there
- love the couchesgoodfoodentertainmentVIPDined on 3/27/2011amazing Sunday Brucnch. love the casual couches in the lounge, and the food was really delicious!Special Features:
- INSULTED !! do you care ?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2011Since this is the first restaurant review I have ever written in my 60 plus years it should say something important. From the start when we were ignored by the maitre de while he was chatting to wait staff,when we were shown to a table we were igmored for about ten minutes, nothing happened no water, no menus. Finally when the waiter came over and asked us if we were staying at the hotel telling him we were not, he iinformed us we would have to supply a credit card before we would get service. Never have I or my guests been insulted like this, all of us well dressed over 50 years old and looking quite respectable. We left, on the way out I informed the receptionist what happened. Was this ageism ?Special Features:
- Staff could not have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2011Staff could not have been nicer. We had our kids with us and they were very friendly and accomodating. Food was delicious. I hope they resurrect the Sunday Brunch Kids' Movies!Special Features:
- There were some highlightsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2011There were some highlights on the brunch menu- freshly made waffles, the baked cheesecake and the beef brisket and the setting is very grand and impressive, but some of the brunch items seemed a bit generic and the eclectic mix was not always successful. We thought it was good but not great.Special Features:
- I think this placehas theDoctorstanVIPDined on 2/13/2011I think this placehas the best brunch love the oystersSpecial Features:
- Sadly they changed the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/9/2011Sadly they changed the menu recently. It now features a generic listing of American hotel staples, your basic chicken, steak or burger, instead of the previous more exciting varieties of appetizers and small sharable plates (such as cheese truffle pizza, short rib empanadas, etc.) Still love the atmosphere, the sofas, the screening room, the cocktails.
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/5/2010Great food, great service. Relaxing atmosphere in a great hotel!!Special Features:
- The Sunday Brunch Buffet isOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/10/2010The Sunday Brunch Buffet is AWESOME!!! Great food selection, fresh ingredients and extremely YUMMY! Have added this brunch to my "MUST DO" list when visiting NYC.Special Features:
- The place seems to be figuringBronxiteVIPDined on 9/19/2010The place seems to be figuring out its brunch routine, but it wasn't quite ready for prime time. The good: beautiful space, comfortable table, the buffet LOOKED great. The rest: Food was only so-so. Oysters were a big disappointment, too warm, no condiments, no forks, no receptacle for the shells. Smoked salmon was nice, omelet station looked good. Warm foods were okay but nothing spectacular, not much different than the breakfast bar at any NY deli. Service was weird, busboy kept trying to take plates full of food (as if, I dunno, they wanted us to leave). Hostesses/waitresses were nice enough, but I'm not sure that "Starving Model" goes with "All you can eat brunch." 20% gratuity added to the check is pushing it.
- We went to celebrate a birthdayDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2010We went to celebrate a birthday and requested to three different employees to please bring out a candle with dessert. Our party ordered drinks, appetizers, entrees and dessert and would have really appreciated the request to be fulfilled. We were told it would be taken care of and it never was. Even after we asked a fourth time, they said we were already finished with dessert and there was nothing they could do. Not even an apology. Good food, horrible service.Special Features: