Church Aperitivo Bar
1090 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1H7Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Church Aperitivo Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.churchaperitivobar.com/
- Phone: 4165371090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 2:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Sacca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Available for small or large gatherings, Church Aperitivo Bar is the perfect backdrop for your next function, With 2,500 square feet of event space, Church is equipped with audio visual capabilities, great sound system, coat check. We offer full catering capabilities as well and specialty cocktails with an extensive wine list.
Book your next function at Church Aperitivo Bar.
Bridal and Baby Shower
Make your next event a memorable one and book today!!
- Private Party Contact: Sandra Cassaro 4165371090
- Entertainment: Join us Fridays and Saturday nights for live music by our DJs
- Special Events:
Complimentary Appetizers Tues - Fri from 5-6:30pm with the purchase of a cocktail. $5 Peroni and $5 Aperitifs.
Summerlicious Menu only from July 4th - July 20th.
A word from Church Aperitivo Bar
Church Aperitivo Bar celebrates the occasion to gather with friends and family over delicious traditional italian foods paired with the perfect Aperitivo cocktail in a great atmosphere. Complimentary appetizers from Tues-Sat from 5-7pm with the purchase of a cocktail. DJ on Friday and Saturday night. Come for dinner and stay all night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Church Aperitivo Bar - Best Restaurants in Queen West ›
Church Aperitivo Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceXander23Dined on 7/25/2014I have heard nothing but great thinks about this place and have been trying for weeks to get a reservation. finally had the chance to go and it was amazing. the food was truly Italian and the service was fantastic. Will definitely be coming back to try the other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!Chanman83Dined on 7/17/2014Went there for summerlicious, amazing choices and delicious food. Excellent service. It was my friend's first time and she loved it. This place was on her bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAGLIATELLEHossamDined on 7/12/2014The Appetizers (we ordered both the Kale/Apple and Mixed greens) where tasty and fresh. As of the Mains, the Gnocchi was nice but not amazing. However, the Tagliatelle was absolutely divine. Finally, desert was hit (MILLEFOGLIE) and miss (Lemon Sorbet). The place itself has a very very cool style, as it seems to have been an actual church before and was converted. We were there on a Friday night so they had a live DJ. The music seemed a bit too loud for a restaurant and would have been more comfortable if volume was set a bit lower. Otherwise, I'd definitely go back to this really unique restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice place but.....WhatReallyDined on 7/12/2014A note on the menu, "Mandatory 18% gratuity will be added to the bill"!! What? We wanted to save $ on wine but none left! Sat. night, Summerlicious and no stocks? What? Settled on $65 bottle and it was def overpriced. Food was good. Salad ,fresh, lightly dressed; calamari, very tender; pasta, fresh, not soggy and the steak was grilled perfectly. An older gentleman, not dressed as a server was great to us. We asked for separate bills which a lot of hip restaurants do. The responds was NO, they don't... Aside from the good tasting food and the older gentleman, you will have to decide if it’s worth your visit. Mandatory 18% gratuity! Expensive wine! Was it because of Summerlicious? If so maybe refrain from participation.
- SummerliscioscleanisgoodDined on 7/12/2014It was summerlicios. Our apps were okay. Salad drowned in Oil. arancini balls were better than good. The seafood main was great. The steak was less than good. I asked for no mushrooms with the steak. It arrived with mushrooms. I sent it back. Then the steak arrived well done. I asked for med rare. It arrived back med rare which was okay. I would never normally order a steak there. The drinks were excellent and the service was good despite the hiccup. We decided that we would go back and try food from their real menu.Special Features:
- Great ServerssavvydinerDined on 7/8/2014I have been to Church Aperitivo Bar in the past for drinks, or a friends birthday only. While the place is always fun for a fun Friday or Saturday night out, this was my first time dining here. I was very impressed with the service I received while dining in the restaurant on Tuesday night. Each server that visited our table, whether it was our main server taking our order and recommending her preferred Sangria, or the people dropping off food or picking up finished plates, they were always personable and friendly. Thank you for the great service!!Special Features:
- Church Apertivo Bar is divineConvert666Dined on 7/4/2014I tried this place out for Summerliciius, not having known about it previously, and was glad I did. The ambience was great as the restaurant was craved out from an old church and behind the bar Fellini films were being played on TV screens. The food was delicious as the sauce in the meatball appetizer was not acidic and the meatballs itself were a generous size and light. The tagliatelle was cooked to the right consistency and the truffle sauce that accompanied it was fantastic. The milliefoglie for dessert was also good as it was crispy and the cream wasn't too rich or sweet. Also, try the divine intervention cocktail, hard to only drink one. I can't forget the staff as they were super-friendly and attentive. I'd definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dee-lishKingWestGirlDined on 7/4/2014Excellent service and food. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SurprisedRatbastidDined on 6/27/2014Our visit to this restaurant was outstanding. Where do you get the owner attending to your every need at any Toronto restaurant these days? We thoroughly enjoyed the ambience, the food and the service, which was top notch. It had been recommended by our brother in law who ate there the week before and had a connection with the owner being from the same town in Siciliy. We were not disappointed. We had the lamb and meatball appetizers (absolutely delicious), polenta fries (a must try), porchetta (daily special), and an authentic sicilian avacado and tuna salad (menu item) What a great meal, authentic in every way, and when the owner wasn't at our table, very attentive wait staff were there! Highly Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitArimasDined on 6/25/2014Very good find, featuring authentic Italian meals. My wife and I ate a mid-week dinner at Church for the first time a few weeks ago for our anniversary and enjoyed the excellent food and the personal, friendly service. We returned this week with another couple for the monthly(?) set dinner, which features a specific region of Italy. We all enjoyed the four-course Abruzzi dinner. We haven't yet eaten at Church on a weekend, so I can't comment on the ambience when it's crowded, but we plan to return again.Special Features:
- Drinks + food + ambiance = funKevndDined on 6/21/2014We started off with some great drink creations at the bar from Marina. Moved onto food with a great atmosphere and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehFOODLOVERVIPDined on 6/21/2014We arrived late, but had called. They accommodated us right away....it was not busy. It was 8pm on a Saturday night and there was no ambiance. Our service was excellent and the owner was on site mixing with the people that were there....but as I said, it was not busy. I had the Tuna, it was prepared perfectly but seemed to be missing something...a side dish to support it. (other than a small sprinkling of lettuce ect). Husband had the steak, he said it was okay....Special Features:
- Good atmosphere. Food was average.Jokah17VIPDined on 6/7/2014Liked the look and feel of the restaurant but the dishes seemed to lack flavor. Was unimpressed by the meatballs (the red sauce seemed simple and bland). The burrata and fig salad was disappointing as well. The calamari was probably the best fish we tried but nothing seemed to really stand out. Service was excellent. Staff very friendly. Would go back for drinks but wouldn't be anxious to eat there again.
- Will definitely come back!chowymDined on 6/7/2014Food was impeccable! We will definitely be back to try the aperitivo hour as well! I would recommend this to anyone who loves authentic Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AperitvoAMammedovaDined on 5/22/2014In Italy, aperitivo means that you get unlimited appetizers as long as you keep buying drinks, Church Aperitivo's version is not at all like that. My friend and I ordered 3 drinks over the course of the evening and were given one single free appetizer to share. It's more than a bit of a scam to claim to have "aperitivo" like in Italy to get people through the door and then not even offer one free appetizer per drink. Then our server kept pestering us every 10 minutes as to what we would be ordering from the rest of the menu. We did order more and then get the heck out of there. At least the food was indeed excellent.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, too noisyJerryinBfloDined on 5/16/2014This is a great little find, tucked away on Queen St. W. Food is delicious, service impeccable, wines are savory. The problem is there is no noise-reduction material I could see anywhere. No carpets, blinds or materials of any sort to absorb the sound as it vibrates from ceiling to roof and back and off the walls. It wasn't the music that was too loud, no, we were a table of 6 guests but found we could not hear one another speaking across the table without shouting, and the level of shouting increased when a table of rowdy people sat down next to us. Conversations were only manageable with the person directly next to us. Owners take heed, invest in some noise reducing rugs/blinds etc and you will increase your clientele satisfaction!Special Features:
- Service Good Food Lackingnot8cupofteeDined on 5/9/2014My experience at the Church Restaurant was mediocre. While the menu was uninspired and the food insipid although the pasta was somewhat tasty, the music was great but far too loud, making conversation virtually impossible. However, the cavernous hall and furnishings were interesting and the service attentive. I probably will not return to this place.Special Features:
- YummyDetailedeyes45Dined on 5/7/2014Great food, great ambiance , beautiful decoration , awesome drinks ... Very cozy ... Over all had a great experience ... Would absolutely recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Church Aperitivo Bar reviews archive.
- Best Authentic Italian in TorontoFoodyVIPDined on 4/25/2014A great addition to the city. It was our first visit but won't be the last. Came for an early dinner before Theatre on a Friday night so it was quiet time before their night picked up. We spent a lot of time in Italy both for business and pleasure and this is the real deal. We live out in Mississauga but my husband is willing to drive into Toronto just to have dinner at this restaurant. Nice touch with the free aperitivo appetizer. Great service - owner came to talk to us - not a misstep all night. Good evening all around.Special Features:
- YummyTimmerrDined on 4/18/2014Excellent service and the food was amazing. they gave us a free appetizer witch was nice and our main course was outstanding , will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about CAB was amazing.nicolleleeannDined on 4/9/2014Everything about CAB was amazing. The chef was a delight, the food was delicious, the atmosphere and wait staff all very pleasant and only added to the experience. I loved the music they had playing - very current and upbeat, an excellent urban city-Italian food experience. :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014My time time at Church was definitely an enoyable one! The food was nothing short of amazing authentic italian and the service was on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Exceptional EveningBrandonVIPDined on 3/5/2014Church Aperitivo is a wonderful little gem located right on the corner of Queen West and Dovercourt. The atmosphere is fantastic. Classic silent films playing behind the bar, comfortable seating, an elevated open kitchen, and a staff that is more than happy to do what is necessary to ensure you have a premium dining experience. The food was fantastic, desserts were decadent, and the wine list had a vintage or two to suit most diners regardless of their preferences. All-in-all it was a fantastic experience and I look forward to dining at Church Aperitivo again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Une belle découverteNormDined on 3/5/2014Chez Church Aperitivo Bar, l'ambiance est très agréable...sans ce prendre trop au sérieux. Le personnel (parlant français aussi) fût très courtois. Nous avons pu faire l'expérience de leur table d'hôte 4 services qui fût excellente. C'est un excellent endroit pour passer un bon moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- churchwtreaderDined on 2/28/2014Food was ok, ambience was nice, service wasn't good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newest find!thechcikenDined on 2/21/2014A client recommended Church Apperativo and after googling it it sounded like the perfect spot. The location meant we didn't have a huge expensive cab ride from the Roncesvalles area where we live and there looked to be several things on the menu that sounded appetizing and I liked the fact that they offered gluten free pasta, making those dishes an option for me as well. We were thrilled with the quality, flavour, and portion size of everything we ordered (caprese salad, kale salad, sea bass, with a side of mushrooms). The wine list was somewhat small but found something we both enjoyed. The service was friendly and attentive. Overall a great dining experience. I'll definitely go back and will recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotLovefoodDined on 2/8/2014Food is fantastic! Great atmosphere. A great place for great food and drinks on any given night. The only problem I had was waiting for drinks at our table, the waitress was super great but her attentiveness was severely lacking. That was the only disappointment. But besides that it was a great night and will return forsure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!BiancooooDined on 1/25/2014Went for dinner on Saturday evening with 4 girlfriends. Had a fantastic time as the service was outstanding and the food absolutely delicious! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great second experienceEatTODined on 1/18/2014Send time we've gone to church and it was just as great as the first. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the place and atmosphere.HaiheelsDined on 1/17/2014Loved the place and atmosphere. The only thing I would have to say that was a bit uncomfortable especially when trying to have a conversation, was the music noise level. The live dj is great, but it's not a club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!patronDined on 1/4/2014Amazing appetizers, impeccable service, mains unfortunately didn't live up to expectations.Special Features:
- Great SpotJeffVIPDined on 1/3/2014First of all the Service was outstanding. Second of all the food was great. All for a reasonable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent Start to EndSilvanaDined on 12/27/2013Food was delicious, service was attentive and ambience was enjoyable. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality or lack their ofFoodieDined on 12/21/2013Was not impressed with food at aperitivo . Pasta tagliatelle with "wild mushrooms" Featured button mushrooms, maybe one sliver of an oyster mushroom was found. Drinks were small, in glass size and in qty. mixing of drinks very poor, delivered A flat prosecco albeit they gladly exchanged it it still tasted horrible.i dine out enough and cook enough good italian food to know this place is not all that great.
- Excellent mealPattyDined on 12/5/2013The appetizers and mains were amazing. The meatballs are a must have. Great service extremely attentive and not at all pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In LovefrenchieDined on 11/30/2013Took my mom out for dins before attending a play and fell in Love with this place. The service was amazing! Combined with the ambiance of this restored church with exposed wooden beams and exposed brick which added the quaint feeling of being in a hidden gem. The food was incredible! We were pleased with everything from appetizers to dessert, especially the Tagliatelle with truffle cream sauce (yummmm!!)Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceFoodie123Dined on 11/23/2013The food was delicious. The ambiance was nice. The night was spent waiting. Waiting for someone to show us to our table (we had resetvations), waiting for the waitress, waiting for our food. We had 9:30 reservations but did not eat until 11:30!!! The waitress was the worst EVER. The food was delicious, but they were sold out of many of the things we tried to order, from the wine, to the specials to regular menu items. By he time we had eaten and were eager to leave, considering how late it had gotten and annoyed by the poor service, we waited some more and had to find the waitress and track down a bill. Maybe it was an off night, but the experience was annoying. If the service was better i would eat there again.Special Features:
- The restaurant is stunning!ConciergeDined on 11/21/2013The restaurant is stunning! The food is incredible! Very impressed with how the octopus was cooked!! Dessert was simply divine!! Enzo Campisi is a wonderful host!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place. DefinitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013Fantastic place. Definitely something different and unique in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy Vibe, Great Food!missMcKesVIPDined on 11/16/2013A groupf of 8 went for a 7pm dinner on a Sat night. As noted on OpenTable, on Fri + Sat nights, seating is limited to 2-hours (assuming the next party is on time). Everyone was pleased with their meals. Grilled octopus and salumi plate for apps. Kale salad looked fantastic. Everyone loved the seabass. The lamb chops were also excellent. DJ comes around 10pm and it get a nice loungy-vibe so you can stay after your meal. Would recommend!Special Features: