Chuck's Steakhouse - Darien
1340 Post Road
Darien, CT 06820Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Chuck's Steakhouse - Darien
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chucksdarien.com/
- Phone: 2036552254
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy your choice of anything on our menu, prepared freshly for your party, exactly to your specifications. Our banquet facilities are spacious and comfortable. We can handle parties of 20 or less Monday through Thursday nights. We can handle daytime parties between 30 and 50 every day. We accept reservations Monday through Thursday. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are handled on a first come first served basis. Call (203) 655-2254 to make your arrangements today!
A word from Chuck's Steakhouse - Darien
For over 35 years Chuck's Steak House has been offering the very best steaks and seafood grilled over an open flame. A variety of appetizers, desserts and our famous original salad bar assures that we have something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chuck's Steakhouse - Darien reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Decent, but not spectacularVeryPickyDined on 7/10/2014Chuck's is a Darien institution and has been for many years, but with the advent of higher end steakhouses, Chuck's is being left in the dust. For what it is, it's not bad. The quaility of the food was decent, except for the obviously frozen fried calamari. Disappointing! NY Strip steak was good, cooked to order, flavorful, but it's no Morton's or Capital Grille. Salad bar was good. Items were fresh, but could use more variety. If you're looking for a family-friendly, middle of the road steak, Chuck's is the place. Oh, service was excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frank's ReviewFrankieDined on 6/18/2014We took my dad for his birthday as he enjoys the restaurant. The food is normally much better than it was the night we went. The outside of the steaks were burnt and the baked potato was small. The best part of the meal was the appetizers. I would give it another shot as it is usually a better experience.Special Features:
- The following 49 reviews are from the Chuck's Steakhouse - Darien reviews archive.
- Excellent for and servicepandgmDined on 4/12/2014I know what to expect and it always lives up to it! Our server, Paul, was attentive and informative. Hostest was polite and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old faithful - can't go wrong!Meghan509Dined on 2/8/2014We had delicious steaks, a really nice bottle of red, great salad bar, and a yummy dessert. What's not to like?! I have been eating at Chuck's since I was a kid and it never disappoints. Classic steakhouse. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid foodSteevVIPDined on 2/1/2014The service was exceptional. The steak was excellent and rest was solid. Hard to say anything about a baked potato and steam veggies. Solid. Be sure to request a table away from the door. We sat too close and it was an annoyance. Still, good solid food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingPrincessBellyDined on 2/1/2014Been to this restaurant many times before. This time was a bit of a disappointment. We had five in our party and were crammed into a table that was clearly meant for 4. When I looked around the restaurant, I noticed that many other parties were crammed together as well and clearly looked uncomfortable. The food was OK. I ordered my steak prepared medium and it came out rare. The baked potato was warm, but not hot. Overall the food was not awful, just mediocre; not what I usually expect from Chuck's especially at the prices they charge. I .would eat there again since I have had very good meals previouslyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a quality mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013Have been many times over the years and a good bang for the buck!Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2013Have been going to Chuck's for many years. Always great food and service. I just wish they would get a new Cappucino machine! It's always broken!! So frustrating when you crave one after dinner only to be told (yet again) that the machine is broken. Other than that....always enjoy a visit to Chuck'sSpecial Features:
- Chuck's constantly goodgaryzDined on 11/9/2013This is our go to restaurant every couple of months... Great salad bar, good food, good service. Not fancy just sensible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frustrating experience, mediocrefrusratedDined on 11/7/2013They did not have my reservation on record Server was either overworked or not particularly interested Getting a glass of water difficult, a second glass of wine no problem Filet was OK, not great Were mushrooms canned? didn't taste fresh Entrance from road so dark two of us drove past and had to turn around Overall experience OK, but I used to really look forward to going to Chuck's and now I don't care if I ever go again as there are too many really good restaurants in area including better steak houses
- Consistent prime rib and salad barFairfieldFoodieDined on 10/3/2013We've been coming to Chuck's for 15 years, and I requested we go there for my birthday last week because I know how consistent their food always is. The prime rib and sides were cooked and prepared perfectly, and the salad bar is as good as ever- cold ingredients and homemade dressings. The service was great for our party of 7, and the server even 'bought' my shot of Bailey's to add to my dessert coffee as a birthday gift on the house. My one suggestion- we ordered two mac n cheeses for the kids, clearly Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I would expect a nice dish of homemade mac n cheese from Chuck's.
- Our first time: A good night outKelvinDined on 8/24/2013Service was impeccable and the steaks were well prepared and delicious. We wondered why we had not come here before. Chuck's will now be a regular in Night Out List. Thank youSpecial Features:
- A special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2013We go to Chuck's whenever we want to celebrate or just have a craving for their delicious thick, rare roast beef with horseradish sauce. The servers are always personable, the ambience is romantic, the salad bar is always ready for a quick start to our meal, the cocktails are generous, excellent wines by the glass--always a wonderful experience when the craving comes to eat out. GordonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKdooneyDined on 8/21/2013Went to Chuck's last week- hadnt been in years. Nothing has changed. Salad bar needs some new items- seems really out of step with the times. Entree main dishes come with NOTHING! And the sides are nothing to get excited about anyway- not worth the extra $5. It still smells like people smoke in there. I guess if your kids are really poorly mannered or you have a screaming baby this would be an option for a dinner out but I dont think I'll be back there any time soon.Special Features:
- Good Food - Reasonable PriceTimCTVIPDined on 8/1/2013Its the best deal for a steakhouse in CT. If you don't want to break the bank at the bigger name places, its a great deal. Steaks were all spot on. Great salad bar. The sides, however, are dull and lack taste. Service is friendly and prompt. Overall a great deal.Special Features:
- Chuck's is strugglingMistaflyerDined on 7/12/2013My wife and I were expecting a good steak dinner that Chuck's Steakhouse in Darien used to provide but were sadly disappointed by a bland, flavorless steak. We hadn't been to other Chuck's recently but hadn't been to the Darien location for a couple of years. It was sad to see the place pretty empty on a Friday night. After getting our steaks we knew why. The dining rooms look exactly as they had over the past 30 years, nothing has changed, not even the art on the walls. I could live with that if the food made up for the drab surroundings but the steaks really had no flavor to them. The cuts of beef were fine but they did nothing to season them or add flavor. Also, their selection of house wines were pretty poor as well.
- Repeat CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2013We've been long time customers. The food & service keep us coming back for more. We enjoy the salad bar & look forward to hearing what specials Bubba has cooked up. Can't beat a Chuck's prime rib or steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately the prime ribFoureyeVIPDined on 6/9/2013Unfortunately the prime rib this time at Chuck's Steakhouse was of poor quality and barely edible. The quality of the meat at a steakhouse should be a strong point, but at Chuck's it is sometimes good, sometimes not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Darien mainstay. The best!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/4/2013Chucks has been around for 40 years. Great steaks, salad bar, waitstaff, and ambiance! I'm here weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the menues are afoodiegirlDined on 3/4/2013Although the menues are a bit confusing regarding the specials, the food is quite good for this old reliable neighborhood restaurant. We did wait quite awhile for our food considering we were the only ones in the restaurant on a Monday night, but overall it was fine. Standard food for a steak house and portions were large. Love the baked potatoes!Special Features:
- Salad bar was stocked w/ freshctfoodieDined on 3/3/2013Salad bar was stocked w/ fresh veggies. Service was great.Special Features:
- Darien Restaurant Week Steak DinnersouthporterVIPDined on 2/24/2013We came here for Darien Restaurant Week for dinner. The cuts that were offered as part of the special package were generous and superb. The salad bar is more than generous and I love the croutons. We had an excellent time and a price worthy treat for our meal.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Half the filet mignon I ordered was inedible due to overcooking. The lobster tail was just rubbery in texture and overcooked. The NYStrip was okay.
- I am a regular at Chuck'sFoureyeVIPDined on 12/8/2012I am a regular at Chuck's Steakhouse because of the good, but not great, steaks, bountiful salad bar, and generally good prices. This time, I ordered the prime rib, which is often out of stock, and it was excellent, especially with the side of horseradish sauce that comes with it.Special Features:
- As a birthday pick I had thehard2pleaseDined on 12/8/2012As a birthday pick I had the choice of any steak house. Last year I goofed and picked Ruth Chris. Huge mistake. This year I returned to Chucks and had the perfect Delmonte, cooked perfectly in a very comfortable environment. Maybe Ruth Chris doesn't cater to the salad bar crowd, but then if you want to relax and enjoy a great meal, drinks and dessert, expense account or not, this is a better choice.Special Features:
- Friendly, warm and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Friendly, warm and attentive service, excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Reservation not honoredDWBCPAVIPDined on 12/1/2012When we arrived at the restaurant we informed the hostess that we had reservations thru Open Table. They pulled out some small papers and looked at them and then informed us that they had no record of our resevation. Unfortunately I did no bring the confirmation e-mail since I had never had a problem before. The hostess said that the bar tender receives the Open Table reservation so I asked her to check with the bar tender. She came back and said there was none. She then told us that it would be a at least a 45 minute wait and made no accomodation to us. From now on I will bring a copy of the confirmation e-mai. So we left. In reading previous reveiws I noticed one with this same problem. We will never go back to Chucks Steakhouse.
- Reconfirm before you goGreatVIPDined on 11/23/2012My reservation was not honored therefore I didn't eat at Chucks that nightSpecial Features:
- Good as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2012Have been going to Chuck's for as long as I can remember. I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there....they are always consistent and you always know what you're going to get.....great food and service.Special Features:
- Always great steaks with anOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2012Always great steaks with an awesome salad bar and love that they offer many specials. Not great on ambiance, but it is a steakhouse. Been going here for years and the food quality never lets me down. Always busy here. Service is quick and efficient.Special Features:
- Great steak and salad bar;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2012Great steak and salad bar; fairly priced wine list.Special Features:
- Was my first time at Chuck's.TravelerVIPDined on 8/29/2012Was my first time at Chuck's. Atmosphere is very dark. It's a very casual place, not like a Mortons. Steak was very good and there was a stocked salad bar.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful party atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2012We had a wonderful party at Chuck's. The food and service was terrific and everyone in our group had fun. Great food and drinks *** how do you top that! We cannot wait to book our next party there!!
- In needsDebidDined on 8/2/2012Unfortunately this once great steakhouse has lost its luster and is in dire need of a makeover! Very dark inside with dark panelling, dark tables and rug. The wait staff although very attentive also need a makeover in uniforms and etiquette. The salad bar is smaller than before with more canned or processed toppings versus fresh. Steak was okay but shadowed by above! Kids eat free is a plus. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Good value for a steakhouse,FoureyeVIPDined on 7/15/2012Good value for a steakhouse, with a bountiful salad bar included in the price of all main courses, and a good selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- A salad bar is a rare treatSeafoodFanVIPDined on 6/25/2012A salad bar is a rare treat in Chicago so we enjoyed the always stocked salad bar in Darien, Connecticut at chuck's Steakhouse.
- Classic SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/6/2012We had always loved the venerable Chuck's growing up, so when we were back in the area, we jumped at the opportunity to see if the steaks were as good as we remembered. Short answer: absolutely. The meat was charred on the outside, and perfectly cooked on the inside. The baked potatoes were equally well prepared. The ambiance might be a bit dated and dark for some, as it doesn't appear to have changed in forty years, but neither has the quality of the steaks, and that was what we were there for.Special Features:
- This was the first time IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012This was the first time I used Open Table to make a reservation. In past they don't take them. When we arrived I told them we had a reservation. She asked if we did it online. When I responded we used OT. She said "oh we don't right those down". Fortunately it wasn't crowded yet so we got a table for 4. So no point in using OT.Special Features:
- delishSunnyVIPDined on 3/30/2012Friday night - had the best prime rib I've had in years. Cooked to perfection. Wine list is reasonably priced with varied/good selection.Special Features:
- All our food was overcooked.coloneleatsDined on 3/30/2012All our food was overcooked. The waitress talked so fast that we couldn't understand her. The menu was on a bottle, one for the table, making it really hard for three people to view. It seemed that the people there were regulars, but it was not worth it to us to become regulars. Couldn't eat the lobster, as it was overcooked, which is just not something I'd be ready to give them another chance on.