Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank
6501 W. 79th street
Burbank, IL 60459Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chuckscafe.com/
- Phone: 7082298700x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Regional Mexican, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Charles Pine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Barbeque, Mexican and Cajun are our specialties with packages available. Everything is homemade. Delivery avaiable. Onsite parties (where everything is grilled or smoked , with our large capacity smoking trailer, at your location). Corporate events. Visit our website for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Party room available for up to 45 people with dedicated bar. Party packages available or individual menu ordering. Semi-private area within our lounge is also available for parties of up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 708-229-8700x
- Entertainment: Huge Mardi Gras Party, Cinco de Mayo and Cajun Fest parties. Bar special promotions nights. Daily menu specials with gourmet Mexican and Cajun foods. Check out our Facebook page for all events & promotions.
- Special Events: We always have specials/special events for holidays, check out our Facebook page and website for all details. Www.ChucksCafe.com
A word from Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank
Our acclaimed menu and warm atmosphere makes this a favorite among southsiders and northsiders alike. Accolades for Chuck's have been received from Chicago Magazine, ABC-TV, Hungry Hound, Check Please!, Chicago's Best TV, Windy City Live and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives to name just a few. Arrive early or after finishing your meal head into the Voodoo Lounge for all the televised sports events or or just to relax and have a drink.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank - Best Restaurants in Burbank ›
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (49)great for lunch (46)kid-friendly (42)fit for foodies (37)great for brunch (29)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (19)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (10)notable wine list (3)scenic view (3)romantic (1)Show More
- ExcellentNatalieDined on 8/27/2014The menu was varied, the waitress knowledgable, the food was wonderful!!Special Features:
- curleyDined on 8/23/2014always great food at a reasonable price....the food is always hot...sandwiches are delicious and the "sides" are great!Special Features:
- Fantastic TimeCookieDined on 8/17/2014We love going to Chuck's in Burbank. Had such a fantastic time celebrating my son's birthday. Food was excellent and Gary our server was absolutely the best. Can't wait to go back again and again.Special Features:
- Good foodKatieDined on 8/16/2014The food at Chuck's is good, but the last few times I have gone with a group larger than four the food takes longer to come out. If you oh only have a party of 4 or less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat Chuck's Brunswick StewNublyDined on 8/8/2014I have had Brunswick stew all over Georgia and other points south but NEVER had any as good as Chuck's! Thank you for another delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQMikeDined on 7/26/2014Great food, service and portion sizes. My only complaint is that the outside tables are too small. Other than that, one of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:
- Fantastic LunchYummmmDined on 7/24/2014Checked out the reviews for this place and we weren't disappointed. Service was great and the food was great. Definitely come back when in Chicago againSpecial Features:
- Best Biscuits and Gravy!CBer2301VIPDined on 7/20/2014Love Chuck's breakfast. It is always delish...The service is great. LOVE THE FOOD!!Special Features:
- Excellent place to eatBubbaMacDined on 7/18/2014We made reservations for 7:00 and the table was ready right on time. They have a tremendous beer selection and our server was very helpful in selecting the proper drink to go with our dinner. The menu is very diverse and everything we ordered was very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creamy, Dreamy, WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014What a wonderful meal! Everything freshly prepared, hot and tasty. I recommend the Mac & Cheese and the ribs were fall off the bone. The brisket was tender and juicy. Soup was homemade and seasoned perfectly. Would highly recommend. The new location has a lot more seating and is nicely decorated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014First time at this restaurant and the food was really good and reasonably priced. Have been looking for a great brisket sandwich since I been to Texas and this by far was the best one I had. I would recommend this bbq place to anyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!ccccVIPDined on 7/14/2014I especially love having breakfast/brunch at Chuck's which was what we had on our last visit. I often treat myself to the cafe del olla! This was my first time ordering off of the kids menu for my son. The portion was so large that I had plenty for myself or to take home! Pain perdu is always a consistent favorite as is the huevos a la frontera, when I want something hearty and savory! They are group friendly, kid friendly and always have friendly service. I only wish it were closer to city sometimes, but it's worth the drive every time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Our table was ready when we arrived early. Wait staff was friendly. Food was good everyone in our party of 7 had a different breakfast item. My only dislike was the ham they served. The best way to describe it was deli lunchmeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Neighborhood Gem!MCamVIPDined on 7/3/2014Our waitress Meredith was fantastic, we live in the neighborhood always passed it by but never stopped in as we thought this was more of a bar type of place eatery but glad we did! Food was fantastic, big portions of food too! My kids really enjoyed the kids meal plus a bonus ice cream that comes with the meal! We will definately be back again! thanks againSpecial Features:
- great food for a great price.hungrymanDined on 7/2/2014The food is amazing! Priced just right for a great date nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQFrancineDined on 7/1/2014Great BBQ. Been there at least 3 times now, breakfast, lunch and dinner.....All was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This BBQ place rocks!DebkDined on 6/27/2014Great beer selection! BBQ is fresh and amazing. The menu is full of unique and delighful offerings. I have never been disappointed at Chucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting selectionsJanineVIPDined on 6/26/2014I ate in the bar and the menus was great, I wanted to try everything. The bartender was nice enough to order a few things in appetizer sizes so that we could taste many items. The drink & beer menus was even interesting. I like bourbon, but it's a little powerful for a regular drink, so I tasted a bourbon beer, it was fantastic!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServersameliaDined on 6/25/2014Our server seemed worn out. It seemed like we waiting for everything. Waited for waitress to take drink order. Waited for her to come back and finish taking our meal order. (Took a partial order and walked away to take care of something) Waited for her to see that we needed refills...again. Waited for her to bring napkins. Waited for her to bring the check. I understand that nothing is done instantly, but she was nowhere to be found while we were waiting for all these things and it took an unreasonable amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chuck's is a KeeperDiner88Dined on 6/25/2014Chuck's is a great neighborhood spot with a divine scent drawing a person in. They do not disappoint! The hot links were delicious, the bbq ribs exquisite, and the white sangria had just the right balance of sweetness and tang. Our server was prompt and efficient, and even steered me in the right direction with my side dishes. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- bullseyeBullseyeDined on 6/21/2014Chuck's is always right on target with everything , food , drinks , music , specials we've been there several times NEVER a bad time , would gladly give a big shout out to all .If you haven't been to Chucks !! Your missing TRULY Awesome time .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chucks never disappointsFantasticFoodDined on 6/21/2014Great food. No need to say more. Chucks food is fantastic and the service is great. You often see Chuck talking with customers in the restaurant and bar. Highly recommend checking this out!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014The service and food were excellent! I would definitely recommend this restaurant and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- over cooked.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Ordered 2 Filets medium rare. Both were served well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ-Cajun-MexicanChefGDined on 6/9/2014A different holy trinity in the cuisine world--doesn't get any better than Chuck's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteMOEDEEDined on 6/7/2014I've always enjoyed Chuck's. I have signed up for their newsletter and love that he publishes the upcoming specials. I'll try to make plans when I see something that's different and/or I want to try. Their service seems to be getting better with each trip we make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas meal!lrokoszDined on 6/3/2014Love chucks's BBQ! Awesome drinks, delicious food, fun atmosphere & great service. We were there on their monthly tapas night. Food was creative, tasty, & fresh. Atmosphere was festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grad meal for 8notafoodiebutlikefoodDined on 6/2/2014We went to Chuck's to celebrate my son's 8th grade graduation. I was able to make reservations through Open Table and was able to get the time I wanted. It was a large party - 8 people. We arrived a little early but they offered to sit in the bar area but declined. Our waitress let us know that they were running low on ribs and immediately reserved them for those who wanted that as their meal. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal - some were able to eat everything and others took some home. I have always enjoyed Chuck's and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fundragonflyDined on 6/1/2014Food very good, server great and mimosa so smooth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to MECupCakeLady529Dined on 5/31/2014We went for a my birthday for dinner. The food was great our waitress was super helpful & knowledgeable. We had small children with us that hsf fun & enjoyed it as well. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!JassDined on 5/25/2014Chuck's is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to! The food, service, hospitality and attention to detail is absolutely outstanding!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceCuse7Dined on 5/23/2014What a great restaurant for anything smoked or grilled. The ribs are the best I have ever had and the out of town people I entertained felt the same way!Special Features:
- NiceBlackDiamond65Dined on 5/21/2014I came here to check out the place because my friends and I have dinner once a month at different locations thru out the city and I will say it was a nice spacious restaurant which is clean and airy.. The waiter was very friendly and attentive Mike was his name, they have a nice variety on the menu and a extensive beer menu. Oh the bathroom was very nice clean and this is plus for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ!sheathcoteDined on 5/18/2014We were in town for a conference and decided to look up restaurants featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on the Food Network. Out of the number of restaurants in Chicago that were featured we chose Chuck's for some good ol' fashioned BBQ. It didn't disappoint! We both ordered a half rack of ribs with different sides - my companion ordered green beans and fries and I ordered fries and mac n cheese. Everything was excellent. If you are not accustomed to large portions I would recommend sharing because everything was so good but the portion was too big to eat it all. We would've loved to have brought back to our hotel but there wasn't a mini fridge available in our room. Beer selection was huge which made it fun to pick a brew to drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014great place came from Ohio and wanted something different in ChicagoI would recommend this to a friend.
- beer, bbq and bluesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Great dinner! I'm not normally a huge fan of bbq but I frequent Chuck's. I ordered the Carne Asada which was amazing... And I always order a side of spicy green beans. My guy always gets the super sampler with brisket - don't pass it up! Don't forget to add a craft beer or 4 to your meal! If you're daring try the "Not your father's root beer!" Yuuuuummmmmm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crawfish boil overhypedDvdonnieDined on 5/16/2014I was excited to go on a designated May Friday for crawfish. I arrived at 730 and the 400lbs of crawfish were gone. A gracious family shared 6 mudbugs with me. I'm glad Chuck's ran out. The mudbugs were cold and flavorless. I had the jambalaya with blacked shrimp and crawfish. Disappointed and unimpressed are being nice. If you want authentic Cajun food, drive to Utica, Il by starved rock to Ron's Cajun connection. He is a hoot.
- Its hit or missBetsyDined on 5/16/2014I've been a patron of Chucks since they had the original location on 79th & Central. Although the new location is beautiful, the food has either been perfectly hot when served with a wonderful presentation or cold and chewy. I recommended Chucks in order to meet a blind date there. Fortunately, the date went ok but the food was not all that good. I ordered the Carne Asada. The meet was cold, chewy and bland. The garlic mashed potatoes were not very garlicky and they were cold. My date, ordered the BBQ sampler and all (3) meets were cold. It makes me sad to know that as much as I loved Chucks in the past, its not a place I will recommend. You need to go back to the GREAT food that was served when you first started out on 79th & CentralSpecial Features:
- Delicious!NiseyDined on 5/11/2014Took my family for dinner Mother's Day and we could not have been happier with the food and service. My family has southern roots so finding a place that knows how to prepare BBQ the right way is really tough. The drinks were really good, I had a fall off the porch iced tea because I was not the one driving. The name says it all:) You know a meal is good when most of your dinner conversation is about what you're eating. I could go on and on so I'll save you some time and suggest that you try this restaurant! The menu and specials made it tough to decide because everything looked good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014This is the second time we visited Chuck's for Mother's Day for breakfast and it 's great. We have a table for 7-8 and have lots of room. We are in and out with no problem and they give all the women flowers!!!Special Features: