Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank
6501 W. 79th street
Burbank, IL 60459Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chuckscafe.com/
- Phone: (708) 229-8700
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Regional Mexican, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Charles Pine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Barbeque, Mexican and Cajun are our specialties with packages available. Everything is homemade. Delivery avaiable. Onsite parties (where everything is grilled or smoked , with our large capacity smoking trailer, at your location). Corporate events. Visit our website for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Party room available for up to 45 people with dedicated bar. Party packages available or individual menu ordering. Semi-private area within our lounge is also available for parties of up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 708-229-8700x
- Entertainment: Huge Mardi Gras Party, Cinco de Mayo and Cajun Fest parties. Bar special promotions nights. Daily menu specials with gourmet Mexican and Cajun foods. Check out our Facebook page for all events & promotions.
- Special Events: We always have specials/special events for holidays, check out our Facebook page and website for all details. Www.ChucksCafe.com
A word from Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank
Our acclaimed menu and warm atmosphere makes this a favorite among southsiders and northsiders alike. Accolades for Chuck's have been received from Chicago Magazine, ABC-TV, Hungry Hound, Check Please!, Chicago's Best TV, Windy City Live and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives to name just a few. Arrive early or after finishing your meal head into the Voodoo Lounge for all the televised sports events or or just to relax and have a drink.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank - Best Restaurants in Burbank ›
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (27)kid-friendly (24)great for lunch (23)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- PeacefirstDined on 11/23/2014The food and friendliness are the best whether its Mardi Gras or Sunday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed the Cajun MeatloafredmanDined on 11/13/2014The seafood gumbo was good. I like the warm bread on the table. The music was a little to loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat it.WhavenDined on 11/8/2014If you love BBQ, Chuck's is great. Ribs are meaty, not greasy. You can go as Cajun (or not) as you like. Food plentiful. Excellent staff. Smaller dining area off to side great for private parties or larger group. Love the Mac and cheese.Special Features:
- PJpjonesDined on 11/2/2014The food was good. I expected the ribs to be a little more flavorful, and I didn't like the pink color of the meat, but overall it was a nice dinner. I noticed some of the other tables received hot dinner rolls, and we didn't.Special Features:
- Happy Customer!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I made reservations on a Saturday night and when we got there we were seated right away everyone was friendly our waitress really did a good job since it was our first time she made us comfortable and helped us with our order as far suggestions. I will definitely be back very very soon!! 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousClaraDined on 11/1/2014We went for breakfast. Excellent. Will be going back next SaturdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingthefinedinerDined on 10/17/2014My family and I had a wonderful time. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MCLDineDined on 10/17/2014The food was good. There was no delay with the drinks and they were great. Waiter was very attentive and polite, very informative as well. We will definitely be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodLoulouDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I took our niece to dinner. She has severe dairy allergies that can make dining out difficult at times. Our server remembered her from a previous dinner and made sure her dinner was prepared perfectly-burger with grilled onions and plain baked potato-not a hint of dairy! My super Ceasar salad was excellent, and my husband said the same of his bacon cheeseburger. It was a busy night, season opener for the Hawks, but our table was ready, service friendly, and we never felt rushed. Once again, Chucks is a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No luck on the foodJandBVIPDined on 10/5/2014I have not had good experiences with the food at Chuck's. The other diners thought the food was good. My Mexican pot roast was too salty. When the server asked and I told him I could not enjoy it the food was removed from the bill.Special Features:
- DeliciousFoodHefferDined on 9/30/2014I went here for a small (12 people) birthday gathering on a Tuesday night. I made a reservation and they put us in the party room by ourselves which was really nice. Our waitress was nice and did her job well. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous food, great servicedinnerdateDined on 9/29/2014We came to Chuck.s for my husband.s birthday with the family. There was something for everyone, and everyone enjoyed their food.jumbalaya, shrimp etouffe, burgers, fish tacos, ribs, all were terrific. good wines and a tremendous bottled beer list and many craft beers on tap to choose from. You can.t go wrong if you go to Chuck.s!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014the food and the service was fantastic as always. every time our family gets together we always choose chucks. you can't miss here for breakfast or dinner.Special Features:
- bbq and moresouthsuburbandinerDined on 9/5/2014As usual no dissapointments here everything was great,the brisket was tender and smoked just right the southern fried shrimp were lightly battered and had just a hint of heat,sides were great as always.Special Features:
- ExcellentNatalieDined on 8/27/2014The menu was varied, the waitress knowledgable, the food was wonderful!!Special Features:
- curleyDined on 8/23/2014always great food at a reasonable price....the food is always hot...sandwiches are delicious and the "sides" are great!Special Features:
- Fantastic TimeCookieDined on 8/17/2014We love going to Chuck's in Burbank. Had such a fantastic time celebrating my son's birthday. Food was excellent and Gary our server was absolutely the best. Can't wait to go back again and again.Special Features:
- Good foodKatieDined on 8/16/2014The food at Chuck's is good, but the last few times I have gone with a group larger than four the food takes longer to come out. If you oh only have a party of 4 or less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat Chuck's Brunswick StewNublyDined on 8/8/2014I have had Brunswick stew all over Georgia and other points south but NEVER had any as good as Chuck's! Thank you for another delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 308 reviews are from the Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe - Burbank reviews archive.
- Great BBQMikeDined on 7/26/2014Great food, service and portion sizes. My only complaint is that the outside tables are too small. Other than that, one of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:
- Fantastic LunchYummmmDined on 7/24/2014Checked out the reviews for this place and we weren't disappointed. Service was great and the food was great. Definitely come back when in Chicago againSpecial Features:
- Best Biscuits and Gravy!CBer2301VIPDined on 7/20/2014Love Chuck's breakfast. It is always delish...The service is great. LOVE THE FOOD!!Special Features:
- Excellent place to eatBubbaMacDined on 7/18/2014We made reservations for 7:00 and the table was ready right on time. They have a tremendous beer selection and our server was very helpful in selecting the proper drink to go with our dinner. The menu is very diverse and everything we ordered was very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creamy, Dreamy, WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014What a wonderful meal! Everything freshly prepared, hot and tasty. I recommend the Mac & Cheese and the ribs were fall off the bone. The brisket was tender and juicy. Soup was homemade and seasoned perfectly. Would highly recommend. The new location has a lot more seating and is nicely decorated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014First time at this restaurant and the food was really good and reasonably priced. Have been looking for a great brisket sandwich since I been to Texas and this by far was the best one I had. I would recommend this bbq place to anyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!ccccVIPDined on 7/14/2014I especially love having breakfast/brunch at Chuck's which was what we had on our last visit. I often treat myself to the cafe del olla! This was my first time ordering off of the kids menu for my son. The portion was so large that I had plenty for myself or to take home! Pain perdu is always a consistent favorite as is the huevos a la frontera, when I want something hearty and savory! They are group friendly, kid friendly and always have friendly service. I only wish it were closer to city sometimes, but it's worth the drive every time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Our table was ready when we arrived early. Wait staff was friendly. Food was good everyone in our party of 7 had a different breakfast item. My only dislike was the ham they served. The best way to describe it was deli lunchmeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Neighborhood Gem!MCamVIPDined on 7/3/2014Our waitress Meredith was fantastic, we live in the neighborhood always passed it by but never stopped in as we thought this was more of a bar type of place eatery but glad we did! Food was fantastic, big portions of food too! My kids really enjoyed the kids meal plus a bonus ice cream that comes with the meal! We will definately be back again! thanks againSpecial Features:
- great food for a great price.hungrymanDined on 7/2/2014The food is amazing! Priced just right for a great date nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQFrancineDined on 7/1/2014Great BBQ. Been there at least 3 times now, breakfast, lunch and dinner.....All was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This BBQ place rocks!DebkDined on 6/27/2014Great beer selection! BBQ is fresh and amazing. The menu is full of unique and delighful offerings. I have never been disappointed at Chucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting selectionsJanineVIPDined on 6/26/2014I ate in the bar and the menus was great, I wanted to try everything. The bartender was nice enough to order a few things in appetizer sizes so that we could taste many items. The drink & beer menus was even interesting. I like bourbon, but it's a little powerful for a regular drink, so I tasted a bourbon beer, it was fantastic!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServersameliaDined on 6/25/2014Our server seemed worn out. It seemed like we waiting for everything. Waited for waitress to take drink order. Waited for her to come back and finish taking our meal order. (Took a partial order and walked away to take care of something) Waited for her to see that we needed refills...again. Waited for her to bring napkins. Waited for her to bring the check. I understand that nothing is done instantly, but she was nowhere to be found while we were waiting for all these things and it took an unreasonable amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chuck's is a KeeperDiner88Dined on 6/25/2014Chuck's is a great neighborhood spot with a divine scent drawing a person in. They do not disappoint! The hot links were delicious, the bbq ribs exquisite, and the white sangria had just the right balance of sweetness and tang. Our server was prompt and efficient, and even steered me in the right direction with my side dishes. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- bullseyeBullseyeDined on 6/21/2014Chuck's is always right on target with everything , food , drinks , music , specials we've been there several times NEVER a bad time , would gladly give a big shout out to all .If you haven't been to Chucks !! Your missing TRULY Awesome time .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chucks never disappointsFantasticFoodDined on 6/21/2014Great food. No need to say more. Chucks food is fantastic and the service is great. You often see Chuck talking with customers in the restaurant and bar. Highly recommend checking this out!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014The service and food were excellent! I would definitely recommend this restaurant and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- over cooked.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Ordered 2 Filets medium rare. Both were served well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ-Cajun-MexicanChefGDined on 6/9/2014A different holy trinity in the cuisine world--doesn't get any better than Chuck's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteMOEDEEDined on 6/7/2014I've always enjoyed Chuck's. I have signed up for their newsletter and love that he publishes the upcoming specials. I'll try to make plans when I see something that's different and/or I want to try. Their service seems to be getting better with each trip we make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.