3101 Ponce de Leon Boulevard
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.christysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3054461400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Erik Sierra
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Sandra Reyes, Events Manager, for all private events at Christy's Restaurant. Please contact Chris Klaic, Managing Partner, for all outside catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Christy's has three private rooms available for your next business meeting or family occasion. We offer a variety of prix fixe menus to fit any budget. Please contact the Events Manager for information regarding all private events.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra Reyes 3054461400
- Entertainment: Christy's Restaurant now has a Piano Bar and will be featuring live Piano Jazz every Friday starting at 6:30 pm.
- Special Events: Come join us for Christy's Happy Hour every Friday from 5:00pm-7:00pm guests can enjoy half price on all Christy's Bar Bites and Cocktails. We hope to see you there!
A word from Christy's
No flash in the pan! Christy’s is the Grand Dame of Coral Gables restaurants, still packing them in after thirty years with its simple formula of great food and impeccable service. Politicians, CEO's and Celebes have all made this landmark a local favorite. From Rod Stewart to Tiger Woods. From Michael Jordan to Governor Jeb Bush. Yes, this is THE place for great aged steaks and prime rib, grilled lamb chops, fresh Florida seafood and homemade desserts. The awards keep rolling in—from CNN, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Miami Herald and the Zagat Survey. But the line at the door tells the story. This is the place to be. Best bets: the award-winning Caesar salad served with all entrées, shrimp cocktail (man eaters), prime rib, fresh grilled yellowtail snapper and signature Baked Alaska. Please visit our website for further details. **For reservations of 10 or more guests, please contact the restaurant directly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Christy's - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Christy's reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (58)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (28)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good food, great wineRudyVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is a classic in Coral Gables. The food is well served and the wine list amazing for the prices. There's no point in bringing your own wine unless you're a real wine aficionado. They have first Cru's for well under $100.00. The wait staff is attentive, knowledgable and haver been with Cristy's for years. They care and they show it. We had Sea Bass on the Miami Spice menu. It was delicious and a great value.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I took a relative who was visiting from out of town to Christy's for their Monday only lobster night. I had called the weekend before and they said the special was still available. I also checked online and they were still advertising it. When she ordered the lobster special she was told they were not having it that night because of Miami Spice. My advice, call the day of your reservation to make sure they have the specials.Special Features:
- Good Thing That Never ChangesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Somethings should never change, and Christy's is one of them. The food is always perfect. Since I hadn't been there in awhile, I ordered my 3 favorite items, Onion Soup, Caesar Salad and Shrimp Cocktail and 18yr Macallan Scotch. For me this is the perfect meal. Service was excellent and it was the perfect location for a business dinner, quiet, elegant and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Went with good friends to take advantage of the Miami Spice menu and the results were very good. I have gone on other occassions and Cristy's has always shown us a great time. Wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gables landmarkJZubiDined on 8/23/2014Christy's has thrived throughout the years due it it's consistent delivery of great food and a comfortable, intimate atmosphere. At one time, it was the only steak house in Coral Gables, then came Morton's, Ruth Chris, Flemings and Capital grill but Christy's has stood the test of time and is still one of the top choices in Gables dining.Special Features:
- it did not blow me awayanduk28Dined on 8/23/2014Nice place. Even though the food was good, I wasn't overly impressed especially taking the price into account. The service was okay. The waiter was pushy at the beginning, and then took a very long time to take our order. Overall the experience was pleasant, but I think it is overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!MiamiVegDined on 8/23/2014Once again, we had a wonderful evening at Christy's. A true classic. Food was amazing and the service was terriffic.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Exellent Restaurant,great food ,and the service is also excellent ,always return here for a special date or family reunionSpecial Features:
- Exquisite!CoralGablesGemDined on 8/22/2014The Sea Bass was exceptional! Very nicely seared on one side giving it a wonder flavour and the ther soft as sea bass is known for. The bed of spinach was perfect with wonderful garlic taste, not overcooked. The Filet Mignon was very nice. The Salmon was also well prepared with a great selection of vegetables. Christy's had a great ambiance with the pianist andSpecial Features:
- Great place.nel82Dined on 8/21/2014The service and food is great. You can always count on this restaurant to deliver a delicous dinner. Elegant setting is great for date night or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, uneven serviceFireformDined on 8/15/2014We sampled the Miami Spice Menu and especially liked the sea bass and desserts. The filet mignon was good but not great and the wine didn't arrive until after the first course.Special Features:
- This is an old gem!SlimfoodieDined on 8/15/2014This time choose Miami Spice Menu, they do not cut corners!!!! Same cesar salad same filet that I get on regular menu. My waiter Roger was excellent, very attend to me since I was by myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DixmeisterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Old faithful. Went for spice menu and had the lamb. Huge portion, cooked just right. Very good experience.Special Features:
- withgustoDined on 8/15/2014Chrsty's never disappoints. The service was wonderful thanks to ABI who made us feel like we were the 4 most special guests that evening! The Miami Spice menu doesnt cut corners like we see in many restaurants. Christy's offers portions and sigantures dishes that would entice any newcomer to return again and again. WE have been clients for over 25 years and can only praise the food, service and ambiance! Thanks for helping us with our reservation
- Forever Great20andmoreDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed a night of family dinner at Christy's to celebrate my wife's birthday. Christy's is the best steak house in Coral Gables with a consistent long term greatness that is unique and enjoyable. Distinguished environment t with customers who enjoy their dinner and the ambiance in a manner that does not disturb others. Piano Bar is a great musical experience. Son enjoyed his steak and wife and I enjoyed awesome sea bass dinners that was the best we have ever had. Great new wine list too. Christy's is the place. Baked Alaska for dessert.Special Features:
- Just WonderfulluvtodineoutDined on 8/13/2014.....dining. Can't beat the rack of lamb which was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- No High Chairfatherof2Dined on 8/13/2014I could not believe they did not have a high chair available. That followed by the lack of initiative of the service to borrow a high chair from one of the very many very close restaurants made for a very unpleasantly unforgettable meal. Without the high chair we were unable to enjoy our meal, having to spend more attention on our child. We ended up eating cold food by the end of our meal. Would not ever recommend this place to anyone with children. In fact, the restaurant should advertise not to bring in children.
- Best choice for Miami spice4meanduDined on 8/12/2014I love this place! If you want to have a nice romantic dinner at an excellent Miami spice price. Go their. The food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlipDined on 8/11/2014We decided on Miami Spice menu and it was terrific. The food presentation was spectacular and the taste was great!!!! The service was well paced and all in all, it was a great experience and we shall return for return meals.Special Features:
- adysDined on 8/9/2014The food was incredible!!! Service was great!! Definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choicepleasure2dineVIPDined on 8/9/2014We visit the restaurant on Miami Spice month creat choices excellent food will go back againSpecial Features:
- luv2eathealthyDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed our dinner from the Miami Spice menu. Everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantMerciDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and service. From the moment you step in to the moment you leave everyone at Christie's makes you feel welcome and tries to meet all your demands in a very pleasant way. They are real professionalsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit -there will be a 3rd!OwooblyVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is just a down home steak house. Everything is really good, the service is fantastic. Personal favorite is the Filet Mignon,potato skins,oysters Rockefeller. There Caesar salad is excellent and comes with the meal. My dining mates had the ribeye. Also excellent....it's a "go to" restaurant. It's been there for almost 40 years...that's something in this day and age.Special Features:
- Fine Fare and a Great Price!Iluv8tnoutDined on 8/8/2014We dined with the Spice menu and we had a great meal as usual. Great selections from the soup to the dessert.Special Features:
- Always a treatFoodiefanDined on 8/8/2014Christys is always a treat. The food is top notch, as is the service and the ambiance. The portions are generous and the Caesar salad is the best in Miami. Love the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014The food was wonderful. Loved the restaurant - lot's of character.Special Features:
- Miami Spice @ Christy'sTravelsmiaDined on 8/2/2014Overall, we had a great Miami Spice experience. The service from start to finish was commendable. The drinks were great. For the special, we received 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 desserts for a fix rate. For the appetizers, lobster bisque and Caesar salad. Both delicious. Four our main entree, the filet mignon and the Chilean sea bass were excellent! Unfortunately, this is where the excellence stops and Christy's falls short on the 5 star rating. The chocolate cake tasted stale and the key lime pie was just blah! Overall, great experience...almost perfect if it weren't for the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best saladOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Amazing Cesar salad terrific service, great steak!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal!!LoriinthePinesDined on 8/2/2014Food was outstanding, service was excellent! 0verall great choice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyMOMDined on 8/2/2014I was thoroughly impressed. I thought the Miami Spice menu portions might be smaller but I was pleasantly surprised. Portions were regular menu sized and delicious.....Special Features:
- Desert " Baked Alaska" a mustDDKiddDined on 8/2/2014I live in Coral Gables and over the years many new fine resturants have opened but Christy's is always on our list. Not only is the food excellent but their staff is well trained to provide excellent service and honor special requests. Also for special occasions etc. I highly reccomend the Baked Alaska which you rarely find in resturants today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014the food was incredible!! will defiantly visit again.Special Features:
- Great foodNessDined on 8/1/2014Nice place but kind of small and very loud. The food comes out quick and the silent mignon is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RAbithdayDined on 7/30/2014I like Christy's but to fully recommend it I would need to go again, because that special night there were a table with a couple and two girls, maybe 9-10 years old, that were really making a lot of noise, moving from their seats, screaming, playing....also, there was other table with people talking too loud, thanks God our reservation was late, 9 p.m., therefore, maybe in 45 minutes people from those two tables were out....Also, I reserved in Christy's because it was a especial occasion: my husband birthday, and I wanted something romantic and a friend recommend it as that, but really was not. But let me mention that our waitress was very kind and there was a pie, flambé, with a candle that really we appreciated very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good meat restFranciaVIPDined on 7/25/2014Good ambient, best César and beef and good services
- Excellent, even for one at the barMiamiJayVIPDined on 7/23/2014Another great night at Christy's. Tonight I sat at the bar with Stephanie and had a very relaxing dinner. The Grey Goose Martini was excellent, especially with the stuffed olives. I considered going for the 8 ounce filet but opted for "bar food" in the form of Short Rib Slider and Fries, which did not disappoint. The meal, service and ambiance were all perfect!Special Features:
- Charming dining experienceGrammynPopsDined on 7/18/2014One thing about dining at Christy's is you can always count on amazing food, great service and awesome drinks. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencerickDined on 7/18/2014Christy is a legendary restaurant in Coral Gables. I recommend it for memorable dinners. Great service, great food, a nice piano bar. Christy is an exquisite place to dine out. Please try the black beans as an appetizer, and the bread pudding for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My best mealcalfloridaDined on 7/14/2014This was the best meal that I had since living. My ribeye steak was up to par with the best in New York. My girl friends scallops was served over risotto that was wonderful. The caesar salad is included and was delicious.Special Features: