3101 Ponce de Leon Boulevard
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.christysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3054461400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Erik Sierra
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Sandra Reyes, Events Manager, for all private events at Christy's Restaurant. Please contact Chris Klaic, Managing Partner, for all outside catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Christy's has three private rooms available for your next business meeting or family occasion. We offer a variety of prix fixe menus to fit any budget. Please contact the Events Manager for information regarding all private events.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra Reyes 3054461400
- Entertainment: Christy's Restaurant now has a Piano Bar and will be featuring live Piano Jazz every Friday starting at 6:30 pm.
- Special Events: Come join us for Christy's Happy Hour every Friday from 5:00pm-7:00pm guests can enjoy half price on all Christy's Bar Bites and Cocktails. We hope to see you there!
A word from Christy's
No flash in the pan! Christy’s is the Grand Dame of Coral Gables restaurants, still packing them in after thirty years with its simple formula of great food and impeccable service. Politicians, CEO's and Celebes have all made this landmark a local favorite. From Rod Stewart to Tiger Woods. From Michael Jordan to Governor Jeb Bush. Yes, this is THE place for great aged steaks and prime rib, grilled lamb chops, fresh Florida seafood and homemade desserts. The awards keep rolling in—from CNN, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Miami Herald and the Zagat Survey. But the line at the door tells the story. This is the place to be. Best bets: the award-winning Caesar salad served with all entrées, shrimp cocktail (man eaters), prime rib, fresh grilled yellowtail snapper and signature Baked Alaska. Please visit our website for further details. **For reservations of 10 or more guests, please contact the restaurant directly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Christy's - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Christy's reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)romantic (88)neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (40)notable wine list (39)late-night find (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- BEST 'vintage' gem in Coral Gables!Angel4FoodDined on 10/20/2014CHRISTY'S has been serving perfectly prepared, high quality food for years. Great service and excellent lobster dinner. The famous caesar salad is still the finest in all of South Florida. Christy's remains one of the few places where you can receive exactly what you pay for. It's also one of the few places where you can still hear what your friends are saying across the table. Great for dates or close friends having a night out in Coral Gables.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Bread basket was disappointing. Steak was mediocre. Side of mushrooms was very good. Lots of competito these days with many steak houses I. Town, Christy's needs to up its game.
- Great RestaurantSherryVIPDined on 10/17/2014Always a great place for outstanding food and impeccable service.Special Features:
- Stands up to reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014We were told it is the best place for steak.... And it truly was delicious!,Special Features:
- Excellent mealBroncoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Had another excellent meal at Christy's this past Saturday. Service was extremely good as waiter spoke English, unusual in Miami. One and only minor complaint was that my filet was a bit dry. It had no fat, which probably contributed to the dryness, but otherwise was done to perfection and I would order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JAZZ AND DINNERWendyDined on 10/3/2014LOVED THE HAPPY HOUR AND JAZZ MUSICIANS. STAFF AMAZINGLY ACCOMODATING ALL THE TIME. FOOD IS VERY GOOD !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014Like being in New York City. Always excellent! The server Avi was especially helpful. He was gracious, informed and even remembered what we had ordered previously.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!TakiDined on 9/29/2014Excellent foods, great service. we took an advantage of Miami Spice. Lobster bisque was salty for our taste and my friend wanted to changed to salad. It was done without any fuss. Our server Nacho was very attentive just enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalkoaDined on 9/29/2014The service was very professional and we were very satisfied with the food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as in previous timesDonnaDined on 9/29/2014Escargot and roasted vegetables were extremely salty. Filet was good but a little over cooked. Been going there for many, many years was the worst meal I've ever had there.Special Features:
- Late reservationRoseDined on 9/27/2014We reserved for 10:30 and we got there at 10:20 we were told that the kitchen closes at 10:30 and we need to order fast and they did not understand why open table allowed to make a reservation that late. Even with this advise we received great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodenjoyerDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went there for the Miami Spice menu. The 8 ounce filet mignon was cooked exactly how my husband likes it. I ate his roast vegetables. It was delicious and very tasty. I had the rack of lamb, the expensive little lamp chops. There were two layers of lamb chops, server with mushrooms. Then came the desert. The key lime pie had a nice creamy lime taste. The brownie with the nuts and carmel sauce and chocolate sauce was really great. In addition to the great food, we had a really nice waiter who was attentive and took care of whatever we needed. My husband likes multiple cups of coffee, which were brought almost as soon as the cup was empty. We took home half of the lamp chops, the key lime pie and half of brownie.Special Features:
- Reliably wonderfulMargeryDined on 9/27/2014Christy's is a place where once you walk in, you are treated with kid gloves. The atmosphere is soothing, the service stellar, the mojitos are delightful, and the food is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!luvfoodDined on 9/26/2014Always consistent in outstanding service, fabulous food and wonderful ambiance; love the piano on Friday evenings. Traditional yet contemporary; not to be missed Caesar salad, Filet Mignon or any seafood dish and of course Baked Alaska! Great family-owned restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's birthdayjormanDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant was kind of intimate and th food was very good. The jazz music was a little distracting for the occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old charm SteakhouseFoodieWinnieVIPDined on 9/26/2014If you want a very good Steakhouse but are tired of the franchises (Morton, Capital Grille, etc) this small place has more character, more genuine service and better food as well. Escargots were one of the best I have ever had, and I always tend to order them when available at a restaurants. Bernaise sauce was really good. Steak needed a bit more flavor but was great quality and super nice when mixed with the Bernaise.Special Features:
- chuchiDined on 9/24/2014The overall dining experience was great. We have been to Christy's a few times and they are consisently good. The staff was professional and friendly. The food was tasty and timely. The ambiance was comfortable and inviting. Many restaurants we have been to are good, but Christy's consistently delivers, and that is why we continue to return. We do not get to dine out as much as we used to, so when we do we do not want to be disappointed. Christy's was our first choice and probably will be again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentAnnieDined on 9/24/2014Excellent food and service as always. Very attentive wait staff. Will be back next time. Lamb chop was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date nightLaCurrita2Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our 12th anniversary. It was our second time in this restaurant and it was as perfect as the first time. We had the filet mignon and the lamb, and both were delicious and cooked to perfection. The ambiance as usual is great for a date, very intimate and elegant. The staff is very courteous and professional. Out waiter especially was old school and just perfect, very refreshing from the terrible service that sadly one finds in Miami as a general rule. We plan to make this spot our favorite for anniversaries and birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Christy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Christy's is a nice place to celebrate a special occasion. Food and service are always good. Wine list is great.Special Features:
- Anniversay and BirthdayGeorgeDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I always try to go to Christy's for her birthday and our anniversary. This was her Dad's favorite restaurant. He has since passed away. We always grin when we come here because we used to come with my wife's parents. Her Dad would always tell the girls at the door he needed to get in quickly because he was a doctor and had surgery scheduled that evening. Since they knew he did this all the time, they generally played along and moved us right in. I believe their was a Maitre D' named George at the time. Great place, great food, great people.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014I had a taste for prime rib and Christy's did not disappoint. It was awesome. They still have the best caesar salad around. James' service was attentive without being overbearing. A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- ZsuzsannaDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding service, excellent food, generous portions and the atmosphere is calm with a nice sophistication about it. We really enjoyed dining at Christy's. Haven't been here in several years and we're planning to return for Suzy's birthday ( my wife ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Avi!BettyDined on 9/19/2014We had birthday dinner on Friday. Scallops & Risotto was perfection and the Seabass was excellent! Our server, Avi, was the best we've ever had. Wonderful night.Special Features:
- Consistently the best in the GablesBigGuyDined on 9/17/2014Been dining there for over 25 years. Always take out of town friends there. The waiters change occasionally, but the new ones are well trained and polite. Never feel rushed or hurried by staff. Comfortable surroundings. Steaks are top notch. Sides are more than generous. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014this is my second time and have really enjoyed we celebrate our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just RightLoseyVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were a party of 4 and we all had the Miami Spice menu............it was excellent. Good food and good value!Special Features:
- Delicious food in an elegant roomJosephDined on 9/13/2014We went there for restaurant week. Had the special - rack of lamb, absolutely wonderful. The salad was delicious and the desert, chocolate brownie sundae was the best i have ever had. Everything was presented well and the service was attentive and well spaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special.MiamiEaterDined on 9/13/2014The lobster bisque tasted too fishy and not at all like lobster. The steaks were cooked to the requested temperatures, but were flavorless. The mashed potatoes had too many whole garlic cloves in them. The wine list was reasonable. Service was great. If only the food tasted better.
- OutstandingLifeizGoodDined on 9/10/2014Went for Miami Spice and the menu was outstanding. I will go back before the end of Miami Spice just to try other things on the menu...Special Features:
- Great place for steakPeterVIPDined on 9/8/2014Had the Miami Spice menu, filet mignon which was excellent, lobster bisque was good and key lime pie was awesome.Special Features:
- Still Great after all these years!melian995Dined on 9/6/2014I have been going to Christy's for as long as I remember (OK, not that long, but at LEAST 25 years). Their service continues to be top notch, as is their menu. I dream of their Caesar Salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Dining should be an experience that combine atmosphere, service and good food. Christy's provide all of them.Special Features:
- Food excellent, service fairLHPGDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent as always, i am disspointed that they didnt honor the time of reservation, it was supposed to be at 8 o clock and we were seated at 8:40 after several complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Janettie22Janettie22Dined on 9/6/2014Love the atmosphere at Christies. Waiters are superb so is the ambience. Food is always very very good and I love going there for special occasions. One of my favorite placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant host RATE VERY POORgreat2dineDined on 9/5/2014I made a reservation for 9:30 PM ARRIVED ONE HOUR BEFORE. WHEN TO THE BAR FOR A FEW DRINKS. HOSTES FORGOT MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEING WAITING FOR A TABLE .SPOKE TO HER AT 9:30 PM AND SKIP US A FEW TIMES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageAlexPVIPDined on 9/5/2014We arrived on time for our 9pm reservation and were not seated until 40 minutes later. Service was average, nothing special nor memorable. We ate off the Miami Spice menu, which to be frank, Miami Spice time is the only time we visit this restaurant, and each time my husband and I ask ourselves why do we keep coming back...? Food was just average, I cannot say anything spectacular about it. I had the lobster bisque and it was okay, and our fillets were also just okay. In sum our bill was a little over $120 and I can honestly say there are other places where I can certainly get more bang for my buck. There was nothing "horrible" about the experience, but before I go out to experience average, I'd go elsewhere.Special Features:
- A bad patchPrincessTVIPDined on 9/3/2014We have loved Christy's for a long time. Our last two experiences did not go well. During the first the order was not taken properly and the meat was not served as requested. When it was returned it came back overdone. We gave them a second chance and returned a couple of weeks later. The meat was cooked properly, but the soup, potatoes and vegetables were served cold. We will wait a while before we return.
- eternal quality MiamicantankerouschefDined on 9/1/2014I have been going to Christy"s for many years and it still has quality and charm. I even remember my sister ordered the chef's special and was amazed how good it was. It was not on the menu. The Miami Spice menu was expanded from the published one and was great. From the attentive staff to the giant shrimp in the appetizer, it was a memorable evening. Few places still have the high standards for so many years, and even the waiting staff do not turn over like so many places. The bass and steaks were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Christy's Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014As a long-standing and satisfied "regular", I need little excuse to return to Christy's. However, their Miami Spice menu is terrific. Unlike many other restaurants which either provide inferior food (i.e. skirt steak) or smaller portions (i.e. a six oz filet), Christy's does neither. Included on their Miami Spice menu is an eight oz. filet, or a full rack of lamb (7 or 8 chops). The appetizers of lobster bisque or ceasar's salad are terrific, as are the deserts (key lime pie, chocolate brownie or, upon request, baked Alaska for 2).Special Features: