115 Grove Street
Tahoe City, CA 96145Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.christyhill.com/
- Phone: 5305838551
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Andrew Shimer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Christy Hill
A memorable dining experience awaits you as you enter the Christy Hill Restaurant in the center of Tahoe City. The restaurant sits just 100 feet above the shoreline of Lake Tahoe on an elevated embankment offering diners a panoramic vista. The intimate setting offers guests a view that is only upstaged by the cuisine. Spectacular sunsets that can be seen from every table is just one of the many reasons that Christy Hill was voted "Most Romantic Restaurant" by the San Francisco Chronicle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Christy Hill - Best Restaurants in Tahoe City ›
Christy Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)great for outdoor dining (30)fit for foodies (27)romantic (27)special occasion (24)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (5)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful EveningCatherineVIPDined on 7/8/2014A visit to Christy Hill is an excellent way to spend an evening. My wife and I visit the Tahoe area every year and stumbled upon Christy Hill three years ago. We visit the restaurant each trip to commemorate our anniversary or just to give thanks for the week we had in Tahoe. The food, the service, and the view is about as good as it gets. Have always found the wait staff to be extremely friendly, warm, and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSGPitDined on 7/5/2014Consistently great food and friendly, attentive service! It's a fav when we come to TahoeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice outdoor dining.SandyDined on 7/3/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. So many restaurants in the Tahoe City area are "touristy" and don't really have very good food, but I think Christy Hill is an exception. I had the lamb shank tagine, which was excellent. My husband had the chicken pasta, which was fine. Nice wine list, too. Our server was very friendly. Overall very relaxed, casual and pleasant experience and we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SullyDined on 7/2/2014Excellent, one of the best in north Tahoe. Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FinddiningfoolVIPDined on 7/1/2014Have been coming to Tahoe for years and have never been impressed with the restaurant choices...until now. Great place. Killer views of the lake. Food was wonderful. The Terrine and the Hamachi were both great. Duet of Duck rocked...they really know how to render the fat. The Gnocchi was perfect. If I had one nit, it was the chocolate bread pudding...not enough integration of the chocolate. Overall wonderful.Special Features:
- View Can't Make Up For ExperienceorioleboyVIPDined on 6/29/2014The views are fantastic. It's too bad since the service and an average dining experience won't bring us back. Inattentive wait staff and a little too much sarcasm from the host made for an average night. The entrees were really good and the cheese plate fantastic. The desserts were nothing special and it's unfortunate because this place could be special.Special Features:
- BoboDined on 6/29/2014Food was fantastic...had the Moraccan lamb...flavors were wonderful. Brad--our waiter--extremely attentive and friendly. Service from everyone was great.Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/23/2014the food at christy hill seems to have gotten better, if anything, the last couple years. very good mealSpecial Features:
- Great View and Great FoodinksVIPDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I have been eating at Christy Hill almost every time we're in Tahoe. The view is amazing and especially engaging from the outdoor patio. The food is always delicious and the wait staff are very personable and fun, with the abilty to give great advice about almost aspect of the Tahoe area. We were there this past weekend with our daughter and her fiance to celebrate their engagement and our waitress gave us some helpful ideas about wedding venues in the Truckee area. Everyone should experience a meal there, especially with a love one!Special Features:
- A "must" for foodies in Tahoe CityNetminder1VIPDined on 6/20/2014Outstanding menu, preparation, service and a million view! Only drawback - no liquor license. Hazen and Eli did an outstanding job with their recommendations and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Tahoe CitySassyCatDined on 6/13/2014Impeccable service, beautifully executed food, great view. Bit of a splurge, but worth it. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Best bet on North ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014This is our favorite place in North Lake Tahoe both for a great view and for great food!Special Features:
- Great place in Lake TahoeTravelingEggDined on 6/10/2014My wife and me found this place next to the lake and we were able to get outdoor seating. The view was wonderful and the service was great! At the sunset, youll see the sky turns into green, orange and pink. We got lamb and duck. Absolutely love the duck we had. The desserts were great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treasured find!GrannyDined on 5/30/2014We ate for the first time at Christy Hill a month ago. It was so amazing that we decided to dine there again. We ate outside on the deck this time and the view was breath taking. We are planning on eating there again in August for our anniversary. Robin one of the owners remembered us and came by to say hi and welcome us again, eating here is like going into someone's home it is so inviting. Our waiter from last month saw us and also stopped by to say hi, how many restaurants make you feel that welcome?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnpretentiousmarnieDined on 5/29/2014Great food, great service and great location. High quality food with great presentation. Very comfortable and relaxed dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MaryVIPDined on 5/23/2014Layers of flavor in every dish. Beat food in Tahoe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go to when at Tahoe.KerryDined on 5/21/2014Consistently the finest food on the lake with the best views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sure thing!DuffyDined on 5/18/2014Christy Hill is always our choice for a special night out. The view is incredible and the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunlovrVIPDined on 5/10/2014We visited here on the last night of our vacation hoping to make it a special evening, and it was! The restaurant is situated right on the north shore of Lake Tahoe with perfect views of the lake from most if not all tables. We had a very good table, though only the tables of 4 were seated right on the windows. There is also outside seating, but it was still too cold. Our server was very attentive as were the entire wait staff filling water and removing dishes. Our appetizer of the roasted gnocchi was exceptionally delicious. All 3 courses were outstanding. We will make a special point of returning to this restaurant when we are back in the area.Special Features:
- The following 167 reviews are from the Christy Hill reviews archive.
- Great ViewRealMVIPDined on 4/27/2014Excellent Restaurant, fantastic view, the food is very good and excellent service. Please try the cocktails.Special Features:
- Great find in Tahoe CityTyroneCSVIPDined on 4/20/2014Inventive treatment of top flight ingredients, excellent service. Elegant but unpretentious and comfortable.Special Features:
- We were very pleased withLynnDined on 4/6/2014We were very pleased with the service, ambiance and the excellent food at Christy Hill. The restaurant is attractive and has a gorgeous /view of Lake Tahoe. Our service was prompt and efficient.. The menu is a bit more Middle Eastern than I had remembered but we liked it. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinner at Christy HillgoldenglennDined on 4/6/2014Perfect in every way. Special thanks to our waiter for his complete explanations and advice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies delightImnotyourmommaVIPDined on 3/26/2014Eclectic fresh menu and a foodies delight. Friendly servers and great wines by the glass or list. Tahoe's best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always with a bonus!trkhobVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent as usual! The lamb shank special was over the top! Service impeccable. We happened to be there when the full moon was rising over the lake right in front of our eyes! How special was that?Special Features:
- A jewel on the lakeSurferDudeDined on 3/12/2014Drove around Lake Tahoe to eat at Christy Hill. A beautiful drive culminating in a very pleasant dining experience. We sipped wine and started our meal: Spinach and Basil (with creme fraiche) Pan Roasted Diver scallop and Pan Roasted Gnocchi Braised Short Rib of Bison. We asked our waiter to pair the plates with selections from the wines-by-the-glass menu and he more than accomplished the task.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired...BoomerVIPDined on 3/5/2014TIRED....That is the only word we used to describe our experience. We all had salads that basically had no flavor.. I like "lightly" dressed, but this was taking it too far. The two pastas ordered at the table were OK at best and a very small portion for the money. The Bistro Steak was nice and was the best entree ordered. We did not stay for dessert. ** Will wait a while before we go back... At that price I want to be wowed!
- excellent eveningCraigPVIPDined on 3/1/2014Christy Hill had been recommended to us by friends that had their wedding rehearsal dinner here a couple of years ago. We found the food, service, stemware and wine list to be outstanding ! I look forward to dining here again!Special Features:
- Excellent foodLifesawalkaboutDined on 2/22/2014We ate there on 2/22/14. The food was creative, well seasoned and everyone's meal was excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting wonder; Food disappointingBobHVIPDined on 2/22/2014We have been going to Christy Hill for special family occasions for MANY years. Because our family has so many fond memories, we continue to do so, even though the quality of the food is well below the quality of the service, setting and ambiance. On our recent visit, to celebrate my wife's birthday, several of our main courses were very disappointing (the cassoulet was not properly cooked and was quite bland). After each of our most recent visits, we have had a family discussion about whether we should return. Unless there is a significant improvement in the quality of food, we will not.Special Features:
- Way to busy, poor to fairPunkyDined on 2/14/2014Way to busy, poor to fair food quality, poor culinary presentation, mediocre menu offerings, fair wine list, long time between dishesSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed a wonderful Chef'sVDayDinerDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful Chef's Choice dinner. Each course was a delicious delight and the view of the full moon reflected in Lake Tahoe was breathtaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining!HappyCustomerDined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentine's Day and it was perfect, right down to the chocolates and rose petals artistically scattered on the table. The food was to die for and the service was great! The view was spectacular. I highly recommend the pork chop or the Morrocan lamb dishes. The scallop appetizer was also exceptional!Special Features:
- Great date night spotMaryVIPDined on 2/1/2014This is our go-to date night spot. Always have the best service! JD will recommend the best wines if you need assistance. The lamb loin is delicious and spot-on every time. Usually like the clams, but they seemed old this time. Bison short rib was very fatty. Not the norm for Christy Hill. Soup of the day was celery root/parsnip. It was divine! Week ll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great atmospheresteppinoutVIPDined on 1/25/2014This is such a charming restaurant! The food is fantastic, we really enjoy their gnocchi, they have an unusual preparation. The caesar is great as well as the Morrocan spiced Lamb, the sea bass, the espresso cheesecake...In addition to amazing food, the view is a 10+ we tend to dine earlier than normal there to enjoy it.Special Features:
- We love Christy Hill!DuffyDined on 1/10/2014We go to Christy Hill for every special occasion. It never disappoints us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete with Black & Whites!PensterDined on 12/26/2013This lakeside gem is an experience you can count on, literally, all four seasons of the year! As we entered the foyer, I noted a platter of cookies, which was so welcoming. The menu is well crafted, varied and speaks to the diners that appreciate local freshness. Every course was delicious and well paced. We never felt rushed so we enjoyed the intimate, cozy ambiance even more. To top off the evening, our server was JB, another local gem, who also takes credit for the timeless black & white photographs. I have loved these winter scenes for years, as I can practically walk into the snow along those wooden fences! Thank you, JB, for another lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Tahoe City RestaurantMaryVIPDined on 12/24/2013Every time we eat here, we are always so pleased with the quality of the food, service and ambiance. The food stays current and is always so fresh! The tortellini I had was fabulous. Not the obligatory cream or tomato sauce, but a homemade broth, homemade mushroom stuffed tortellini covered with fresh baby vegetables. Such a refreshing take on an old school dish. We will continue to come back here a lot. Best place in the area,Special Features:
- Tahoe City FavoriteBeverlyVIPDined on 11/12/2013This restaurant is very special. Excellent food, great atmosphere and very personalized service! Could not be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningTCFoodieDined on 10/29/2013Had dinner on a Tuesday eve. It was quiet, as it's off season in Tahoe. Our server was friendly and attentive. There were questions about several of the entrees and each was explained well which helped each of us make a great selection. I've only been to Christy Hill for happy hour before, which is awesome, but dinner was really outstanding. The bison short rib was so delicious we practically licked the plate. The cassoulet was also wonderful. Throughout the eve the service was attentive and friendly. Already looking forward to coming back for dinner again.Special Features: