115 Grove Street
Tahoe City, CA 96145Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.christyhill.com/
- Phone: (530) 583-8551
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Andrew Shimer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Christy Hill
A memorable dining experience awaits you as you enter the Christy Hill Restaurant in the center of Tahoe City. The restaurant sits just 100 feet above the shoreline of Lake Tahoe on an elevated embankment offering diners a panoramic vista. The intimate setting offers guests a view that is only upstaged by the cuisine. Spectacular sunsets that can be seen from every table is just one of the many reasons that Christy Hill was voted "Most Romantic Restaurant" by the San Francisco Chronicle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Christy Hill - Best Restaurants in Tahoe City ›
Christy Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (31)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Christy HillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014Went for special occasion and was not disappointed. Very nice restaurant, knowledgeable staff, great food and wine. Would come here again. The recommended red wine from Provence and the chocolate croissant bread pudding were outstanding. We had a small side booth for three which was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- govtmulegovtmuleDined on 11/1/2014Great locally sourced food. Outstanding service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- WonderfulalwayshungryDined on 10/16/2014We had a lovely meal, good food, well prepared, good service and great ambience.Special Features:
- A Tahoe GemskidadVIPDined on 10/15/2014We have dined at Christy Hill several times in all seasons of the year and have never been disappointed. You can't beat the panoramic view of Lake Tahoe and the hospitality of the staff, excellent food, and pleasantly attentive service combine to make each visit a memorable event. The menu changes seasonally and we have found prices to be very fair given the quality and quantity of the food. The wine list is interesting and well chosen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 17th Wedding Anniversary DinnercheshireDined on 10/11/2014We had a friendly waiter, although toward the end we sat waiting a long time in between for dessert to be ordered, and the check. It is very pricey (30.00 for one entrée) and it was very loud. (But it was Saturday night). If you go during the day the view of Lake Tahoe is beautiful. They did give us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tahoe ViewMikeVIPDined on 10/11/2014Awesome view. Great service. Great food. At the end of the season, so the early seating provided a great sunset over the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the lakeFun2eatoutDined on 9/27/2014Great food, fabulous view, warm inviting atmosphere. Prices are steep but it is worth it to watch the sun go down over the lake. Service was great and everyone was friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Below expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I anticipated great food, views, and service. The food was well prepared, the location was superb, but the service was slow, smug, and not accommodating to vegetarian diners.Special Features:
- try it. you'll like itBruceVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a great dining spot along lake Tahoe. Several areas to sit, including patio with fire tables, bar and dining room with lake views. We had a great dinner with our favorite wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We sat outside and received wonderful, friendly service. We have been inside on a number of occasions and loved everything about it. This time, however, I was not as impressed. We arrived just after opening (5:15) so there may have been something going on in the kitchen. My Lemon Drop tasted odd, but I thought that could have been due to the leftover peppermint tast from a mint. I was about 1/2 way through and asked my husband to tast it - he agreed that it was not right; some major ingredient was missing. I was too far along to send it back, so I said nothing. My soup arrived and was only luke warm at best, and a touch on the bland side. Everything else was fine, and I really loved the experience as a whole. Service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TandTVIPDined on 9/19/2014Brought a friend here for her birthday. It was really a lovely evening. The service was impeccable. The food was really very good; plate presentation was beautiful. The views of Lake Tahoe are gorgeous! Could not have asked for a better birthday celebration.Special Features:
- yummyummDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed the special service we received at Christy Hill it was my husbands birthday dinner--after his actual birthday--with a gift -- we were treated royally and the food was very good-- as was the view of the entire lake..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely DinnerGS4DinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the great food and ambiance. Will visit again when we're next in Tahoe.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, food lackingTahoegirlDined on 9/12/2014Excellent employees, beautiful setting, very accommodating re: weather and heaters and customer comfort. Caesar salad bland, but pretty presentation. Lamb shanks were very tough- advertised as falling off the bone and tasty- and were very strong mutton flavor. Large serving but not tasty! Food presentation was excellent- wish the flavors matched the appearance. Very pricey and left hungry. Staff was very nice though and again the view was excellent!Special Features:
- The following 187 reviews are from the Christy Hill reviews archive.
- Wonderful EveningCatherineVIPDined on 7/8/2014A visit to Christy Hill is an excellent way to spend an evening. My wife and I visit the Tahoe area every year and stumbled upon Christy Hill three years ago. We visit the restaurant each trip to commemorate our anniversary or just to give thanks for the week we had in Tahoe. The food, the service, and the view is about as good as it gets. Have always found the wait staff to be extremely friendly, warm, and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSGPitDined on 7/5/2014Consistently great food and friendly, attentive service! It's a fav when we come to TahoeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice outdoor dining.SandyDined on 7/3/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. So many restaurants in the Tahoe City area are "touristy" and don't really have very good food, but I think Christy Hill is an exception. I had the lamb shank tagine, which was excellent. My husband had the chicken pasta, which was fine. Nice wine list, too. Our server was very friendly. Overall very relaxed, casual and pleasant experience and we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SullyDined on 7/2/2014Excellent, one of the best in north Tahoe. Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FinddiningfoolVIPDined on 7/1/2014Have been coming to Tahoe for years and have never been impressed with the restaurant choices...until now. Great place. Killer views of the lake. Food was wonderful. The Terrine and the Hamachi were both great. Duet of Duck rocked...they really know how to render the fat. The Gnocchi was perfect. If I had one nit, it was the chocolate bread pudding...not enough integration of the chocolate. Overall wonderful.Special Features:
- View Can't Make Up For ExperienceorioleboyVIPDined on 6/29/2014The views are fantastic. It's too bad since the service and an average dining experience won't bring us back. Inattentive wait staff and a little too much sarcasm from the host made for an average night. The entrees were really good and the cheese plate fantastic. The desserts were nothing special and it's unfortunate because this place could be special.Special Features:
- Best ever!TravelingPeachDined on 6/29/2014This was the best dining experience we have ever had. The were treated like royalty! The view was breathtaking and the service and the meal were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoboVIPDined on 6/29/2014Food was fantastic...had the Moraccan lamb...flavors were wonderful. Brad--our waiter--extremely attentive and friendly. Service from everyone was great.Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/23/2014the food at christy hill seems to have gotten better, if anything, the last couple years. very good mealSpecial Features:
- Great View and Great FoodinksVIPDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I have been eating at Christy Hill almost every time we're in Tahoe. The view is amazing and especially engaging from the outdoor patio. The food is always delicious and the wait staff are very personable and fun, with the abilty to give great advice about almost aspect of the Tahoe area. We were there this past weekend with our daughter and her fiance to celebrate their engagement and our waitress gave us some helpful ideas about wedding venues in the Truckee area. Everyone should experience a meal there, especially with a love one!Special Features:
- A "must" for foodies in Tahoe CityNetminder1VIPDined on 6/20/2014Outstanding menu, preparation, service and a million view! Only drawback - no liquor license. Hazen and Eli did an outstanding job with their recommendations and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Tahoe CitySassyCatDined on 6/13/2014Impeccable service, beautifully executed food, great view. Bit of a splurge, but worth it. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Best bet on North ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014This is our favorite place in North Lake Tahoe both for a great view and for great food!Special Features:
- Great place in Lake TahoeTravelingEggDined on 6/10/2014My wife and me found this place next to the lake and we were able to get outdoor seating. The view was wonderful and the service was great! At the sunset, youll see the sky turns into green, orange and pink. We got lamb and duck. Absolutely love the duck we had. The desserts were great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treasured find!GrannyDined on 5/30/2014We ate for the first time at Christy Hill a month ago. It was so amazing that we decided to dine there again. We ate outside on the deck this time and the view was breath taking. We are planning on eating there again in August for our anniversary. Robin one of the owners remembered us and came by to say hi and welcome us again, eating here is like going into someone's home it is so inviting. Our waiter from last month saw us and also stopped by to say hi, how many restaurants make you feel that welcome?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnpretentiousmarnieDined on 5/29/2014Great food, great service and great location. High quality food with great presentation. Very comfortable and relaxed dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MaryVIPDined on 5/23/2014Layers of flavor in every dish. Beat food in Tahoe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go to when at Tahoe.KerryDined on 5/21/2014Consistently the finest food on the lake with the best views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sure thing!DuffyDined on 5/18/2014Christy Hill is always our choice for a special night out. The view is incredible and the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunlovrVIPDined on 5/10/2014We visited here on the last night of our vacation hoping to make it a special evening, and it was! The restaurant is situated right on the north shore of Lake Tahoe with perfect views of the lake from most if not all tables. We had a very good table, though only the tables of 4 were seated right on the windows. There is also outside seating, but it was still too cold. Our server was very attentive as were the entire wait staff filling water and removing dishes. Our appetizer of the roasted gnocchi was exceptionally delicious. All 3 courses were outstanding. We will make a special point of returning to this restaurant when we are back in the area.Special Features:
- Great ViewRealMVIPDined on 4/27/2014Excellent Restaurant, fantastic view, the food is very good and excellent service. Please try the cocktails.Special Features:
- Great find in Tahoe CityTyroneCSVIPDined on 4/20/2014Inventive treatment of top flight ingredients, excellent service. Elegant but unpretentious and comfortable.Special Features:
- We were very pleased withLynnDined on 4/6/2014We were very pleased with the service, ambiance and the excellent food at Christy Hill. The restaurant is attractive and has a gorgeous /view of Lake Tahoe. Our service was prompt and efficient.. The menu is a bit more Middle Eastern than I had remembered but we liked it. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinner at Christy HillgoldenglennDined on 4/6/2014Perfect in every way. Special thanks to our waiter for his complete explanations and advice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies delightImnotyourmommaVIPDined on 3/26/2014Eclectic fresh menu and a foodies delight. Friendly servers and great wines by the glass or list. Tahoe's best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always with a bonus!trkhobVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent as usual! The lamb shank special was over the top! Service impeccable. We happened to be there when the full moon was rising over the lake right in front of our eyes! How special was that?Special Features: