Christos Steak House
4108 23rd Avenue
Astoria, NY 11105Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $50 and over
Christos Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.christossteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7187778400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm -11:00pm, Friday and Saturday 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Greek
- Executive Chef: Mina Newman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Christos Steak House
Newsday calls Christos "An Astoria Steak House of Style and Substance" Zagat writes, "The top-of-the-line surf-n-turf "rocks" at this smartly served Steak House that's "worth a trip over the bridge." A "large selection of prime-aged meats" comes prepared to perfection", backed up with traditional Greek sides"... Try our new "Grilled Section" featuring three new prime cuts. All for $26 and under!!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Christos Steak House - Best Restaurants in Astoria ›
Christos Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (25)good for groups (19)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always great other than this timeMamaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Christos is always wonderful -- my husband always shares the Porterhouse for two with someone -- but this past Sunday was disappointing. Our waiter was VERY pleasant and personable. Unfortunately, he was also absent-minded, and unfamiliar with many of Christos' offerings. He brought a cup of regular coffee when Greek coffee had been ordered and said, Isn't this Greek coffee," when I pointed out that he did not bring Greek coffee. The steak had inordinate amounts of gristle and fat; this is not Christos' norm. There must have been a substitute chef because the Lobster Mashed Potatoes were not presented as stunningly as they usually are. All in all it was OK for a regular restaurant, but subpar for Christos. Still, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great. Service was excellent. The waitress knew all the specials and she was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealkatkev23Dined on 9/13/2014For our special occasions and when we want a perfectly cooked steak Christo 's never fails to come through with great food and a nice place to enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen's gemAliceZVIPDined on 8/31/2014THe steak was delicious and so were the sides but the service was a bit spotty and the restaurant was empty! I would go back as the food was delicious.Special Features:
- surf and turf but no surfchrisDined on 8/31/2014took my girlfriend there for a birthday dinner. we were both looking forward to a nice surf and turf dinner but unfortunately they had NO lobsters. so instead my girlfriend ordered the salmon. they start bringing out everyone's plates and the waiter forgot to put the salmon order in! a friend of mine also asked for ketchup but that never came either. the service from the waiter was horrible. but at least they were good at refilling the water
- Exceptional!MavilaDined on 8/30/2014The food was great! Awesome service! The Staff was very welcoming. Appetizers were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, again!AlfredoDined on 8/16/2014This was my 4th time at Christos and it continues to get better & better. I absolutely recommend the filet mignon with their outstanding Béarnaise sauce. Be sure to try their PERFECT french fries (not too salty, still tasty) and the best side dish they have, creamed spinach.Special Features:
- Dorothy you are not at Peter LugersOperamavenDined on 8/16/2014Porterhouse cooked as requested but unremarkable. Same for salmon entree. Will probably not return.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and Serviceozark777Dined on 8/8/2014Steaks, Scallops, Wine, Calamari, Port, Baked Astoria, Creme Brûlée, Zucchini.... All WONDERFUL! Service was phenomenal. Server knew all of our drinks and preferences within a few minutes and was attentive for the time we were there!Special Features:
- Great evening outwheat13Dined on 7/26/2014Expensive, but well worth it. Steak (porterhouse for two, outstanding). No negatives (that's a double negative).Special Features:
- Best grilled octopus I ever had.GaryDined on 7/25/2014Great steaks and service. Steaks were done perfectly and the sides were great. The service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good2travelDined on 7/18/2014Excellent service and food. Was not rushed through dinner. Will be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerPouquinhoDined on 7/11/2014Went here for an anniversary dinner. My boyfriend LOVED his steak! My scallops we're good. The lobster mashed potatoes we're great, creative. Our drinks we're the super stars!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly elegantNYDinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Usually in Astoria, we expect modest prices, fun and funky eating. Christos turned out to be none of those things. The food was excellent, the menu very sophisticated and the service was top notch. Altogether an unexpectedly wonderful place to dine.Special Features:
- High marks for food and service!mcsiobhanDined on 6/20/2014Everything about my group's experience was perfect...from the fact the restaurant arranges the group's transportation, the warm welcome, the high server to guest ratio, the time in between each section of the meal and much more!Special Features:
- Place to celebratehappybellyvssVIPDined on 6/15/2014I've always seen the ads and was curious about trying this place out. I went here for Father's day with a group of 6 and was seated outside per our request even though my family was about 30 minutes late for our reservation. Staff was very accommodating, and it was great service throughout our meal. The food was tasty and cooked well. We'd definitely come back for more special dinners and events. I'd like to see what it's like dining inside the next time. I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NellBelleDined on 6/15/2014My family comes here for dinner every so often. We enjoy our meals, because they are pretty consistent, but I suppose some creativity with new specials would be nice. The restaurant has slightly dated decor but that is to be expected in a steakhouse. As long as the staff and the food is good, it doesn't really matter. It's a little disheartening to get menus covered in food, because it makes you wonder will they disregard other minor details as well. We have had Luis serve us many times and he is very attentive and kind, making an effort to converse with the table. Everyone is always very polite.
- DinnerFood4thoughtDined on 6/11/2014Christos is very consistent with their food. The quality was great and we received very good service. My only pet peeve at some restaurants, including our experience at Christos is when the servers remove diner's plates before everyone is finished eating.Special Features:
- Best steak in the city.UrethaFranklinDined on 6/8/2014Seriously. This is our special occasion spot. I used to work in a fancy-pants steak house in Manhattan and the food here BURIES that place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dindinDined on 6/6/2014Love this place. From start to finish, I never leave disappointed!!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncle Jacks was much betterrexbDined on 6/6/2014Asked at the front desk of the hotel I was staying at for a nearby steak house and they recommended Christos or Uncle Jacks. We had eaten at Uncle Jacks before so we decided to try Christos. Big mistake. No bake potatoes, we had four different vegetables all were terrible, steaks ok, when our food arrived at our table they took our bread plates and bread, had no bread to eat with our food. Very poor service the restaurant was not what you would except for the price you pay for the food. Had a Caesar Salad, but came with no anchovies. We should have stuck with Uncle Jacks. We marked late night find in order to summit this review, but would not recommend going here.Special Features:
- The following 315 reviews are from the Christos Steak House reviews archive.
- my favorite placedindinDined on 5/11/2014My family and I eat here every couple of weeks. But I have also taken my husband on a date here. This place is amazing. Not only is the food spot on every time, but so is the service. This is our go to place for almost anything, family, alone time, meeting time, just getting together with friends time. Thank you to the staff for always making our dinner enjoyable! And now that the weather is better, outside seating is available too!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classicastoria2727Dined on 5/10/2014For old-school Astoria that isn't fusty, Christos is perfect. Went there last year for partner's birthday and happily returned again this year to celebrate a milestone birthday—may make it an annual tradition. For steakhouse, prices are reasonable, though it's a spendy meal, but you know that going in.Special Features:
- BEST STEAK EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014This place is a gold mine with some of the best steak I've ever had. Service was outstanding the staff really knows how to treat their guests. Could not finish my food portions were great, this is my new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time impressionMichaelDined on 5/10/2014Staff was knowledgeable and attentive. The food we ordered was delicious. While the place was loud, that tends to happen over wine and good food. My friends mentioned that they will have return visits and I agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey But GoodAstoriaFoodDined on 5/9/2014Casual attire, great food a bit pricey. Extensive wine list, and a good selection of Greek, American and Seafood options. Not recommended for Children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in QueensKligDined on 4/18/2014The food here is creative and amazing! This is now on of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So very disappointingLuvstodineVIPDined on 4/6/2014The place has not seen a coat of paint or any redecorating in probably over 30 years. The food was mediocre at best. $49. Steak was tough and fatty. Lobster mashed potatoes at $28 were tasty but quite stingy in portion. Broccoli was way over cooked and tasted like it had come off a steam table. Dinner was $350 for four people. Forget astoria for steak and for the same money have a truly delicious steak dinner at any number of places in manhattan or Long Island. This restaurants time has come and gone.
- Excellent steak houseBeerbrewerVIPDined on 4/4/2014First time visit - went before the Amaluna event at Citifield - 15 minutes away Service was excellent - very attentive and responsive Food was also excellent - large portions - started with salad and fried zucchini/eggplant Then had steak for two and grilled shrimp = with mushrooms, potatoes and veggie All of them were excellent in terms of quality and taste I would go back in a heart beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent over-all!! Kalos!CandJDined on 4/1/2014The restaurant was pretty empty for a Tues night as expected, so I can't really review the true ambience, service or noise levels. Shrimp appy had a very tasty sauce, grilled nicely along with some eggplant. Also got the "Trio Appetizer"... small portions - Shrimp and Baked Clams Oreg were both okay and the Bacon Appy tasted like normal bacon - nothing special as I was hoping. The Signature Porterhouse for two was quite delicious and had that "Greek flair" of oregano (and thyme?) seasoning and grilled nicely. A tad fatty and tough here and there, as I've experienced at other really good Steak Houses as well, but the great flavor made up for it! I actually can't wait to go back and try some of their other charbroiled/aged steaks! THANKSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fatty mcfattymonteroDined on 3/29/2014Would be nice to get a warning that a particular steak has lots of fat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is expensive butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2014This place is expensive but worth it. Our disappointment was that they don't even offer coffee on the house or an after dinner drink. Our bill was $400- and we weren't offered anything. The food and service is very good.Special Features:
- who needs lugers when you can havehebattyVIPDined on 3/15/2014CHRISTOS! the steak here is evey bit as good - and you get to have great greek appetizers - we were a group of 8 - we were well served and we all had a ball -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakpattieDined on 3/15/2014If you are looking for great steak in astoria, this is it. Of course along with that comes the price but it was a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great apps and great steaks !Vkn1981VIPDined on 3/14/2014I had the rib eye and it was fab. My cousin had the NY strip with mushrooms and cheese - amazing. Highly reccomened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food overall was surprisinglyGeorgeAlmiVIPDined on 3/2/2014the food overall was surprisingly very good. Everything came out in decent timing. Yeah but I just came out a little scrambled. Overall good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we frequent the restaurantdindinDined on 2/28/2014we frequent the restaurant and love it!!! the staff is always accommodating, even if we don't have a reservation and the waiters are attentive. last but not least, we've never met the chef, but the food is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food is seriously theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014the food is seriously the best here. even though it can get a little pricey, it's well worth every cent. service is top notch and the food is fresh and seasoned deliciously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, amazing steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014Excellent food, amazing steaks and fantastic sides. Professional service, a real gem.Special Features:
- Simple deliciousLuv2dineVIPDined on 2/16/2014Watt a great experience ,we had a romantic diner and the service was austending and the desert was superb watt a thatch these restaurant haves the best chefs watt a great meal thank you Christos for keeping up with the reputation .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.