Christopher's Steak House and Grill - Draper
1122 East Draper Parkway
Draper, UT 84020Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Christopher's Steak House and Grill - Draper
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.christophersutah.com/
- Phone: (801) 572-2639
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: Open nightly at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonomini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have full service catering and delivery options avaiable for 25-800 guests. Please go to our web sight to look at all of our options. We can tailor any menu for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Lepore 8014939443x
- Special Events: Private and semi-private rooms accommodating up to 80 guests for lunch or dinner. We feature special Wedding luncheon and dinner menus Please call Darin Bybee at 801-572-2639.
A word from Christopher's Steak House and Grill - Draper
Locally owned and operated, Christopher’s is the recipient of the prestigious "Best of State" award and the "People's Choice" designation from opentable.com, with an "Excellent" rating from Zagat; Christopher's Steak Houses has been a fixture in the Salt Lake City dining scene since 1995. We've built our reputation on the belief that the finest ingredients yield the finest dishes; 21-day aged USDA Prime Beef, the Freshest Seafood Flown in Daily from around the world and Organic Locally Sourced Produce, are the building blocks of our award winning menus. From our mouth watering hand-cut Filet Mignon to our Giant Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs, Christopher's is sure to please any palate. We offer an extensive wine list and full liquor bar. For the budget conscious, check out our famous 3 or 4 course early evening specials starting at $15.99, or stop in for lunch served daily Monday through Friday with prices starting at $7.00!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Christopher's Steak House and Grill - Draper reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- SeriouslyDined on 11/22/2014This restaurant is struggling and does not quite get what a fine dining experience should be. The lights are so bright it is like being in a breakfast restaurant and we always ask for music when we go in. The owner wears sloppy jeans while the diners show up in nice evening attire. The steaks are usually undercooked. The only thing going for this place is that you can bring your own wine in with no corkage fee and Rebecca the food server is very knowledgeable and fun. Even though we enjoy seeing Rebecca and have outstanding service I doubt we will be back.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We visited Christopher's based on the recommendation from a friend to celebrate our anniversary and had a wonderful experience. The service was great, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was quiet and intimate. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkvipperDined on 11/14/2014its an ok place, not cheap not too expensive, but for the price I have tried better food, the service is very good and the place (inside only) looks pretty I just didn't like the outside much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Horrible Service2dinersDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I have been there a handful of times. While, we enjoy the menu, we have never had good service. In the hour that we were, our waitress took our order, and we only saw her one other time- briskly walking by saying "Everything looks good". I don't even think she heard and answer from us. The manager ended up being the one to fill our drinks up and bringing the bill after sitting there for a long time just waiting to be helped. It's been similar to that each time.Special Features:
- great service, affordable lunchSunshineDined on 10/28/2014Awesome ambiance! Great service! Love their sweet potato fries! First time to try their lunch and delightfully surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2014The restaurant ambiance was great - the food was another story. I ordered the lobster ($52) expecting an exceptional lobster for the price. What I received was a very anemic piece of (I think) lobster. The lobster at Christopher's I would liken to the $4 "add-on" lobster one would order at Outback. Just a suggestion to Christopher's: Acquire your lobster tails at Costco. You can purchase two LARGE lobster tails for about $25 - you can still charge $52 for one lobster tail and make a decent profit.
- Very disappointing, don't bother!RushFan55Dined on 10/11/2014We have had dinner at the downtown Christopher's and really liked it, but this Draper location was terrible! Hostess wearing jeans, and a christmas like sweater. Service was terrible, bread brought after our meal was delivered, had to get up and track down the waitress to get water we had asked for 10 minutes earlier. Don't bother, the place needs a major upgrade from interior to staffing. The steak was good, not great, overpriced for the level of quality.
- NiceSJFoodieVIPDined on 10/7/2014Nothing to special. Food was ok. Good for meetings but better places for a date.
- ExcellentLoveFamilyDinnersDined on 10/4/2014We made a same day reservation for a Saturday evening for a group of 20 people. They were able to accommodate us in a private room. The wait staff was attentive and we really had a wonderful experience. The food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mainly PositivedinneranddessertDined on 10/3/2014We started with the crab wantons. They were pretty good, but the sauce they came with was amazing! We both then had a caesar salad. The dressing was good, but the salad would have been better with actual shredded parmesan and not the powdered stuff. We both got the bacon wrapped steak. It was cooked to perfection. My husband's steak was supposed to come with shrimp, but they were out and gave him mahi-mahi instead. He wasn't too happy about this, especially since they didn't tell him they were out of shrimp until they brought his food out and didn't offer him any other alternatives. For dessert we had the chocolate torte. It was edible, but not amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was great, service lackingtrysomethingnewDined on 10/3/2014Pluses = steaks, clam chowder, lobster wontons, tomantic and quiet setting Service and dessert - terrible. Restaurant was at the end of a strip mall, not what I expected for a "steakhouse". Host was incredibly lax and unprofessional towards guests. One lady was in jeans and a rather dirty shirt. Server that got our drinks was rude and forgot what we wanted three times, rude towards older guests at a table. Our own server was a bit annoyed we weren't rushing to leave. They ran out of most items on the menu. Seemed more like service you'd get at village inn than a nicer restaurant. Bread pudding is not to be classified as that at all. It was more of a super dense French toast with no flavor but burnt sauce. Chocolate tort was frozen too.Special Features:
- Will go backMooseboot88Dined on 9/20/2014Don't really have any complaints, my ribeye was very good, I do wish they offered a larger portion, like a 21 oz. Our artichoke appetizer was also very good, not the greatest desert, but I can't complain because it was complimentary due to my birthday. Overall was a good quality steak for a very reasonable price, we were happy to find a Prime local steak place. The facility was very clean and staff were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry on WednesdaymelsvetVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our table and one other were dining while all other tables were empty. Appetizers best part of meal, however the rib eye steak was quite good. Extensive wine list and pricey at that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful staff!ChriskarldDined on 9/13/2014We went for our 14th anniversay. The staff was wonderful, they ask what occasion we were there for after we told them they went above and beyond to make it a wonderful night! They made a plate just for me that was not on the menu, added a side dish(because we had traveled so far to eat there) the waitress named Niki offered to buy us a dessert as gift for our anniversary. As we were about to leave the manager handed us a card and thanked us for choosing to spend our anniversay at their establishment. We opened the card and everyone on the staff signed the card and they gave us a gift certificate as well. Best dinning experience of our lives!! The food was good, not excellent, but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinner at Christopher'sMichaelDined on 9/10/2014Nine of us recently had a group business dinner (first visit for all 9 of us) at Christopher's and were very pleased with the food quality, service level, and atmosphere. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- 1st AnniversaryCnen10Dined on 9/4/2014My hubby and I went to Christopher's Steak House for our 1st Anniversary. When making the reservation I noted that we were celebrating. When we arrived we were immediately congratulated on our anniversary then seated, then our waitress also congratulated us. The service was great, our waitress was wonderful and the food was delicious. Also, they gave us a desert in celebration. I would reconvened going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service!!dealshoppingdinerDined on 8/30/2014I tried this because I had a group-on, but was dismayed that it was only good at the over-priced Salt Lake City location. Our server quickly helped us find a way to still get a great deal on a wonderful meal. That kind of spontaneous service makes me want to eat at a place again and again. The food was pretty good, but not incredible. I was not impressed by the bacon-wrapped beef medallions and the blue-cheese encrusted filet that my date had was unpleasant(you could not taste the steak at all). The rest of the meal was quite good, however.Special Features:
- Candlelight and wineSaltLakeJoanDined on 8/27/2014Whenever we need an elegant dinner it is over to Christopher's we go. We are grateful to have such a lovely place so close to home. The service is always very good and I love their beef dishes, especially the tenderloins in chipotle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not worth the priceCassiebDined on 8/23/2014We had reservations for 6:45 on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly. Unfortunately, they were already out of their rib eye cut and their Kansas cut. It's a steakhouse, it's a bit ridiculous when early in the night they are out of certain cuts. We had been their twice before and found the quality superior and the prices comprable to that quality and we were willing to pay it. According to our memory they have raised their prices and I just don't feel those prices are worth the food. The food is still wonderful so people who feel $50 for an entree is reasonable will have no problem with this restaurant. Assuming they have the cut you want.
- The following 382 reviews are from the Christopher's Steak House and Grill - Draper reviews archive.
- Hot and quietCozyCornerTableFor2Dined on 7/23/2014The food was excellent. The service was okay. Our waitress was very nice, but my water glass was empty for quite a while. I'm not sure why since, for most of our meal, we were the only people in the restaurant. There are no windows inside, which I note because I prefer a restaurant with a view. It was hot inside; they seemed to be having problems with the AC.Special Features:
- Don't bothercookiemomDined on 7/14/2014Terrible service and took forever to get our appetizer and food even though the restaurant was empty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Kendall the server was great. He made great suggestionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christopher steak house o.k.LizzyDined on 7/11/2014Main dishes were good. The creme brûlée and lobster corn dog things were both really bad.
- Very disappointing!TjtoastDined on 6/27/2014Very disappointed by the experience! Filet was very salty, couldn't eat it. Sides were cold and flavorless. Very overpriced! Expected a lot better food from reading the website.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Kendall the waiter was great. He suggested some great things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky with Christopher'sSaltLakeJoanDined on 6/20/2014My husband had the loveliest meal there last night. We both did the fixed price selection and got lobster wontons and fried artichokes to start. They were excellent. Next came a green salad with blue cheese dressing and as always, it was perfect. Both of us got the prime rib and mine was medium, his was medium well and both were perfect. We came home with so much food that I may just turn those leftovers into fajitas tonight. He had ice cream with berries and brought my chocolate torte home. Maybe I will have it tonight. I like Christopher's so much and feel grateful that we have them in Draper.Special Features:
- Decent, would go againLove2EatDined on 6/19/2014This was our second time going to Christopher's in Draper. Was not as good as the first time but it was ok. Service was good - didn't ask what side I wanted and brought out something other than what I was going to order. They had a sales group in the private room; though they didn't disturb us it was weird being able to see the salesmen work while we tried to have a romantic dinner together. Food wasn't as good as the first time we went. My medium steak was actually well done and the waffle chip they decorated my potatoes with was like that burned chip you always find at the bottom of the bag of Ruffles. We'll go back and try again since this was such a contrast from last time.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceWeLuv2dineoutDined on 6/13/2014The food is outstanding, love everything, especially their ranch dressing, wow that's yummy! Get the wedge salad, it's awesome. The Kansas City steak is so tender and tasty. The Service is really good, professional is the word I'd use, goes perfectly with the white table cloths and napkins.Special Features:
- no more evening dealpicklemanDined on 6/7/2014The food was good, but the menu I saw online wasn't offered. I was interested in the early evening deal (soup or salad, entrée and dessert) for one low price, but they changed their menu 2 weeks ago and now don't offer the deal. Oh well. The food I ordered was delicious.Special Features:
- extremely slow service.lovefoodDined on 6/5/2014Food was poor quality for the price. Service was very slow. We waited an hour between the appetizer and main dish, The place was not busy at all. This restaurant wishes it was high class, but is no better than normal chain restaurant.
- nice oneshadowDined on 6/3/2014we went both of Christopher's Steak House and Grill, and both are nice.Special Features:
- Good local restaurantejemplosDined on 6/2/2014Christopher's in Draper looks out of place in a strip mall. However, the food is very good and the service is great. The menu differs somewhat from the Christophers in Salt Lake but is very good just the same. We had the Coconut Halibut and filet on the pre-fixe menu and both were very good.Special Features:
- onetoeatDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I ordered an appetizer and didn't get it. My husband got my side and I got his. We couldn't just switch because they were incorporated into our dish with flavors and sauces. The waitress didn't offer to get it fixed or bring out extra sides that we ordered. Their Cajun sauce was horrible!! My husband will eat everything served to him but he couldn't finish his Cajun shrimp!! To make it worse he ordered that because the waitress recommended it and said it was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014We go here usually once a month. They changed up the menu some. Food was good, service wasn't usually what we get. From start to finish it took 2 hours. Seemed like they were slow and the server had a hard time bringing food and drink on time.Special Features:
- Used to be much better...MMMotrinDined on 5/17/2014I loved my first experience at the DT old Christopher's... The seating, the waiter, the food, and the old school carved wood, ambiance... Then we went again after they moved to a modern deco tiered interior... It was good but the service seemed to ebb a bit... The food seemed more production line... Then we tried the Dealer locale... Sterile, slow, & unresponsive are the adjectives that come to mind... The lobster was pretty incredible though... Not worth the 100 dollars spent to be honest.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We took my mother to brunch here. Service was excellenct and the food was good not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service/No service/Awful BarClarkDined on 5/2/2014The bar tender did not know the difference between a Martini and a Margarita. Waitress asked to see ID. Asked me if I wanted my Martini on the rocks or blended. Margaritas are blended or on the rocks. Still brought me out a Margarita. Tried to pass off a dirty martini as one of their signature Martinis. Did not know what Peppar Vodka was and then tried to add black pepper to it. Out of 3 wines we wanted. The excuse: Hadn't been to the liquor store. It was a Friday night. Greeted by a frumpy hostess wearing levis and a maternity top. Added extra to our bill, Should have given the bad drinks for free. The food was just OK for the price we paid ($180 for 2 people). A steakhouse of this caliber/reputation I was completely disappointed..
- Fantastic FoodHungrybird007Dined on 4/26/2014The food was delicious but our server was rather absent and did not communicate all of my husband's order to the kitchen staff. Luckily, another waiter helped us out and gave us a wonderful experience. She definitely saved our dining experience. We would come back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so award winning tasteWindaDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I tried Christopher's for a date night. The service was good and it was very quiet and empty for a Saturday evening. We are very used to high end, good quality restaurants, especially steakhouses so we were excited to dig in. The ribeye was 'ok' at best. My baked potato was hard and undercooked. I will say that we enjoyed our calamari but that alone will not bring us back. Wish the food were better, especially after finding out that it's an award winning restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The food was amazing! The sautéed lobster tails with tomato and asparagus were absolutely outstanding. The booths are comfortable and high backed which provided a more intimate setting. The place settings were elegant without being pretentious, and the overall feeling of the restaurant was very comfortable. This was our first trip to Christophers, and we will certainly become regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.