Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge
2502 E Camelback Road, Suite 102
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.christophersaz.com/
- Phone: 6025222344x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week. Christopher's main dining room 11 am-9pm Monday-Wednesday, 11 am-10pm Thursday-Saturday, and 12pm-6pm on Sunday. Happy Hour 7 days a week from 3pm-6pm at the kitchen bar for food and drink. Happy hour also available in CRUSH Lounge for drinks only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American
- Executive Chef: Christopher J. Gross
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite catering for parties of any size provides flexibility and creative options that allows you to customize your gathering to your personal needs. Special requests welcome and no party too big or too small.
- Private Party Facilities: We have one room that will seat 26 , one more that will seat 50 or it can be open to do 75 . For buy outs restaurant can seat 150 persons . We have a lounge as well Crush that can hold 80 persons for stand up cocktails and passed horsdeourvers
- Private Party Contact: Angelica Gonzalez 602-525-1390x
- Special Events: We have wine dinners every month for $55 ++ including wine and four courses
A word from Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge
Comfortably hip. Elegantly cool. Whatever your mood, it’s here. The sleek Kitchen Bar overlooking the exhibition kitchen is the perfect vantage point to chow down on specialty pizzas, burgers, smoked salmon or pasta, all prepared before your eyes by Chef Christopher and his team. C-144, the ultimate "Chef's Table,” has glass walls and a view of the open kitchen, creating an intimate experience for business or pleasure. When the weather is great, so is the patio for snacking on appetizers or indulging in Christopher's American contemporary, french-infused fare. Sommelier Paola Embry brings her own special touch to Crush Lounge, with a separate, but just as inspiring ambience and fare complimented by an award-winning wine list. Before or after dinner, slip away to a sensuous setting and forget everything else. Sip a glass of wine and munch on a charcuterie and cheese platter or truffle fries. Explore the possibilities behind the curtain! Best French Restaurant 2012 NewTimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)special occasion (30)romantic (27)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (14)good for groups (10)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Christopher's "crushed" it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Great! From the reservation to the comfortable booth, Jose the fabulous waiter, to the food and wine, all great ! Had the mussels w chorizo for an app, then the duck and the smoked truffle filet. Yum! Had the cava btg and a bottle of Ken Wright Pinot from Oregon. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth A TripPaulRDined on 8/15/2014From the enthusiastic welcome, to the excellent service of the waiter (Julio), the wonderful food and wine list is exactly what you would expect from a restaurant of this quality. Add the graciousness of Chef Christopher and you have a marvelous evening. I only hope I have enough time to eat my way through the entire menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Restaurant1MisterBDined on 8/12/2014One of my favorite restaurant in Phoenix. Christopher Gross and his staff have raised the for food and service expectations. This place isa must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MaryDined on 8/9/2014The food in this place was AMAZING! Some of the menu items seemed like strange combinations of foods, but when we tasted them they were surprisingly great! It was a nice quiet place for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early Sunday lunchPHXdinerDined on 8/9/2014We had a great experience! Food was really good and our waiter, Jose, was amazing. Everyone enjoyed lunch, and we had a group of twelve, so we covered a good portion of the menu. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCarolYDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had the chef's "Tasting Menu" and we asked our waiter not to check what was included, so each course was a surprise. And wonderful surprises they were: frogs' legs, duck, and a splendid piece of rib eye steak were the 3 I remember. There were 5 in all and we got to choose #6, our dessert. Every course was a winner and brought to the table promptly, but with just the right amount of pauses between courses. Chef Christopher visited each table, which always impresses me. This is a great special occasion restaurant, although I won't wait for a special occasion to revisit!Special Features:
- Horrible servicePirruVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was the third time we have been to this restaurant and we are very disappointed with service and food. My wife all the times has always ordered the Lobster special and this time it was just bad. We mention to the waiter that lobster taisted weird and he didn't offer to do anything. He just had poor service and attitude.
- We love eating at Christopher'sPhxdinerDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten here several times now, and found that the food is always impressive. Happy hour (3 to 6 daily) is really a great bargain, including the best hamburger in Phoenix. The Christopher Gross touch is always evident in each dish, and our servers have been excellent. We have particularly enjoyed the scallops, hanger steak, tempura calamari, wild mushroom soup with foie gras, mini-ravioli, risotto, and lemon tart. if you can sit at the counter and watch the meal being prepared, that can be fun and educational, too. It can get a little pricey to get all this excellent food, so we can't justify eating here every week. It's great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLandSharkVIPDined on 6/24/2014Christopher does a fantastic job in the kitchen and has delivered for us again - duck confit, foie gras sous vide, simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014The drinks were phenomenal, our waiter was fantastic, but the food overall was quite disappointing.Special Features:
- Choose this restaurant FIRST....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014You cannot do better than eat "with" Christopher.....he is a superb chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but you really pay for itScottieDined on 5/29/2014The atmosphere is plain and simple, but done nicely. Service was very good (especially the water re-fillers and the bread re-stockers). I was a bit surprised by the prices - this is definitely a high-end price range restaurant, and I'm not sure it warrants it. Entrees and sides are all ala carte, so the bill rings up fast. I feel if the prices were about 25-35% lower, it would be a very nice place to eat for the price. For this kind of price and level of service, there are other nicer places to dine. I enjoyed the evening, just not the total bill...especially the cocktail prices.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Sucessbh325Dined on 5/25/2014We chose Christopher's to finish off the Spring Restaurant week. It was the best finish we could have chosen based on previous years. The staff was very attentive when we wanted them to be and unobtrusive the rest of the time. The food was very good and excellently presented.Special Features:
- Restaurant week valueDavidDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I went here for restaurant week. We had the wine paired dinner, which was actually quite expensive considering the small portion sizes, and the tiny wine pours. All in all the dinner was good, but the service was quite lacking. I had to ask for lemon or lime for the water 3 times. My main course came, but I did not have a fork. I almost took a fork from an empty table, but finally the waiter came by and got me a fork. The waiter almost poured the wrong wine with the first course. There is just a general lack of supervision at this restaurant which is unfortunate considering the price and the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRobear46Dined on 5/22/2014We tried this place during restaurant week and had a wonderful meal. The service and staff was excellent and provided terrific recommendations. We felt our fillet of sole was a bit bland, but the apps and deserts were top notch. Finding the place is tricky as it on the back side of the shopping center facing the parking lot. Plenty of parking in the back area.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceLee123VIPDined on 5/21/2014Went to Christopher's for the first time! This will definitely not be my last time, the ambience and the service were superb, but the main attraction was the food! Everything was absolutely delicious! The roasted red pepper soup, the truffle infused filet, the scallops were all perfectly cooked! We sat at the counter overlooking the cooking station and got to watch our meal being prepared. Enjoyed the experience very much!Special Features:
- wonderful French ExperinceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2014The Food was wonderful but service was less to be desiredSpecial Features:
- Restaurant week22tangoDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I went for restaurant week. The food and service was excellent. The reason why we didn't give it 5 stars is because my husband ordered the $20 wine pairings suggested with the 3 course meal and was told that all three pours would be equivalent to a glass and a half of wine. We think all 3 pours was really only equivalent to one glass. He would have been happy with a full glass with his entree and quarter tastings with appetizer and dessert but somehow it didn't seem quite enough. However, everything was really excellent.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2014After looking into various restaurants in the area from recommendations, we stumbled upon Christopher's, and were very happy we did. Interesting menu, different than many, with cutting edge style cooking, and an interesting wine list. We were most surprised that on a Saturday night it wasn't more crowded. It was the beginning of restaurant week, but we did not go for the restaurant week menu. Chef Christopher walks around in the dining room and chats, which allowed us to share cooking ideas, as my husband is a recreational chef. Once he found that he didn't have to explain sous vide to him, we saw his excitement about the cooking techniques he uses.Special Features:
- Lost it's touchAndyDined on 5/11/2014We have gone to Christopher's since it was located on Camelback and 44rh street and was a favorite of ours. The last few times, we have been dissapointed. We went for Mother's Day recently, and it was just ok. The room is nice and quiet. The waiter seemed to ignore certain people in our party. The food was overpriced for its quality. It's was not as tasty and flavorful as it has been in the past. It wasn't bad, it just was not great. And the lunch time fish special was literally two bites sized, yet the price wasn't. Glad I loaded up on the bread...Special Features:
- Will Go BackSandyVIPDined on 5/4/2014I had hoped to have their mussels which had been recommended, but they didn't have enough for a full entrée. My husband had the Sunday night seafood stew (boulibaisse) which was outstanding and did have a few mussels in it. Great value dish with lots of flavor. The aioli was blander than I would have expected. I chose the lobster dish which was a deconstructed pot pie basically. Nice. Their Tarte Tatin... the Bomb as our server, Michael put it. And it was!Special Features:
- DissapointingmeetloverDined on 5/3/2014830 on a Saturday night...and we were the only one there...and service was slow at best...
- The following 531 reviews are from the Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014We enjoy lunch at Christopher's quite often. A problem the other day. The bread served was stale. The entertainment in the form of " music " is always annoying. The food was delicious, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JtheGourmetVIPDined on 4/29/2014Thankfully excellent wine list. Food for all of us was disappointing. Good concepts, poor cooking.
- DeliciousDublinVIPDined on 4/24/2014We started with the arugula salad, which was a great balance between tangy and sweet. Entrees were same as our prior visit - hanger steak and boudin noir. The hanger steak was very tender and especially tasty with the carmelized shallots. The boudin noir was served patty style, instead of links, over potato/gruyere purée. Great combo. Chocolate sorbet in sesame cup (comes with gateau) was amazing.Special Features:
- Fine diningNortheasternerDined on 3/24/2014Christopher's continues to provide excellent high end cuisine in beautiful, comfortable, modern decor with the ambience one desires for fine dining. Service was absolutely impeccable, the chef came to the table after dinner and we were gifted long loaves of their excellent bread to take home with us. It was a birthday celebration, so the birthday soufflé came with a sparkler and "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate on the plate. Every single thing we ordered was excellent -- from the lobster in puff pastry, the striped bass on a bed of roasted, lightly caramelized cauliflower, & the grilled salmon with haricots verte to the profiteroles, Grand Marnier soufflé, and multi layered divine cake. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie heaven!jerk1nDined on 3/22/2014Made a last-minute reservation here, not knowing what to expect. What an amazing surprise! We were initially placed at a table, which was nice, but we then elected to sit at the bar/open kitchen so that we could watch the staff do their work. The food was simply awesome! Clearly, a must-have here is their fois gras, which when paired with a truffle-infused filet mignon can probably solve international conflicts over dinner. The lobster pot pie was simply amazing, and don't forget to pre-order the chocolate souffle, so that you don't have to wait for it at the end. All-in-all a top 10 dining experience, I and get to dine all over the world for work, so that's saying something. Very highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMikeVIPDined on 3/11/2014Christopher's hAs been perfect every time. The menu is broad and everything served is fantastic. A great place to hang out talk and look at the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great all aroundchrisDined on 3/8/2014we had a great experience and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and outstanding servOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014Wonderful all around. Outstanding food and service! Our server was great and the food sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in a mallHiexpectationsDined on 3/2/2014This is a nice restaurant in the Biltore mall. We met for brunch on Sunday and had a positive experience. Everyone enjoyed the food and service. I would recommend it highly.
- A good meal with GREAT serviceEvanDined on 3/1/2014As usual, this restaurant provided a great time and fun food (though in my opinion - a little too pricey). We tried the chocolate moose tower and it was unbelievably great. The service was top-notch as always, but this is the first time we brought our rambunctious toddler son and they accommodated him perfectly.Special Features:
- Marginal at bestSaraDined on 2/14/2014I have had wonderful dinners and service at Christopher's in the past, but our Valentine's Day dinner with a wine pairing was disappointing. The service was poor and the food server seemed genuinely put out when we asked for any information regarding the wine being paired with our meal. The food was good, but nowhere near the quality of the great meals I have had in the past. Most surprising was the wine, very so-so for a place that is known for its wine bar.
- Great food not so good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014The food was fantastic and the atmosphere is great. The lighting is very dim in some areas while the path way lighting is far too bright. The wall decor and the sectioned seating areas was great for intimate dining. The service however was not matching the price for dining. We ordered drinks at the bar because we were told we had a bit of a wait, even though we made reservations. The we were seating before our drinks came. The hostess wasn't clear or welcoming about having our drinks brought to our table. Our waiter didn't know about the drinks coming so it took far to long to get them. To top it off, the drinks were awful. Our waiter too far too long to take our order, and he was too eager to clear our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodPrmmDined on 2/7/2014Great evening, wonderful food, good service. Will dine there again for sure!Special Features:
- Christopher's is backthebabydocVIPDined on 2/1/2014When Christopher "reopened" his self-named restaurant at his "new" Biltmore location, he tried to be too much. The menu was overdone, it seemed that he was absent most of the time, and it was a complete mess. Over the past several years since then he has returned to his "bistro" roots and it is spectacularly good. Great for informal lunches at the bar or one of the barside banquettes, and great for semi-formal dinners in the back. Noise level is a bit high (depending on neighbors), but the wines are incredible, every piece of food is perfection, the service is excellent, and the prices are reasonable considering the quality of the ingredients. Oh, and we usually bring our 6 year-old daughter and she always loves it!Special Features:
- So-so experience at a premium priceRejectednicknameDined on 1/30/2014Review title says it all. Not disappointed by either the service or the food, although the former trumped the latter. The Biltmore mall location isn't ideal for an evening, and the place was basically empty by 8:15. Not among the top 25 in our view, but prices as if it were. We won't be returning, and don't recommend it.
- They don't know what they'reCupcakeDined on 1/25/2014They don't know what they're doing OR what's on their menu.. We asked the server what fish do they have for the day ? He said Sea Bass... My fiance and I were drooling as we loves Sea Bass So we ordered Sea Bass but the Stripe bass came out Obviously the Server doesn't know the difference between Sea Bass and Stripe Bass but I DO !!! Food were too salty and over cooked. I had to ask my fiance to stop me from going there again.
- All around delicious eveningDining92Dined on 1/25/2014Great for a evening for two. Particularly the the little half moon booths tucked into a room just beyond the open kitchen. Service was impeccable. We never felt rushed and enjoyed each course. The mussels were very good and make sure you don't miss dessert!Special Features:
- Entree's are greate dessert?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/17/2014I have been to Christopher's a few times now. Each time I leave thinking the same. The apps and entree's are great, but the desserts leave something to be desired.Special Features: