Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge
2502 E Camelback Road, Suite 102
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.christophersaz.com/
- Phone: (602) 522-2344
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week. Christopher's main dining room 11 am-9pm Monday-Wednesday, 11 am-10pm Thursday-Saturday, and 12pm-6pm on Sunday. Happy Hour 7 days a week from 3pm-6pm at the kitchen bar for food and drink. Happy hour also available in CRUSH Lounge for drinks only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American
- Executive Chef: Christopher J. Gross
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite catering for parties of any size provides flexibility and creative options that allows you to customize your gathering to your personal needs. Special requests welcome and no party too big or too small.
- Private Party Facilities: We have one room that will seat 26 , one more that will seat 50 or it can be open to do 75 . For buy outs restaurant can seat 150 persons . We have a lounge as well Crush that can hold 80 persons for stand up cocktails and passed horsdeourvers
- Private Party Contact: Mary Davisson 480-213-3067x
- Special Events: We have wine dinners every month for $65 ++ including wine and four courses
A word from Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge
Comfortably hip. Elegantly cool. Whatever your mood, it’s here. The sleek Kitchen Bar overlooking the exhibition kitchen is the perfect vantage point to chow down on specialty pizzas, burgers, smoked salmon or pasta, all prepared before your eyes by Chef Christopher and his team. C-144, the ultimate "Chef's Table,” has glass walls and a view of the open kitchen, creating an intimate experience for business or pleasure. When the weather is great, so is the patio for snacking on appetizers or indulging in Christopher's American contemporary, french-infused fare. Sommelier Paola Embry brings her own special touch to Crush Lounge, with a separate, but just as inspiring ambience and fare complimented by an award-winning wine list. Before or after dinner, slip away to a sensuous setting and forget everything else. Sip a glass of wine and munch on a charcuterie and cheese platter or truffle fries. Explore the possibilities behind the curtain! Best French Restaurant 2012 NewTimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (24)romantic (18)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Just okPeteHVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our second visit to Christopher's restaurant and for the most part it was not memorable. Six of us went there on a Saturday night and were surprised that it was only about sixty percent full. Two of us had a glass of wine while three others had cocktails. The wine pour was small considering the price. Three of us had main courses and the other three had appetizers or salads. Our friend who ordered the fish de jour was not happy with how his fish was cooked nor how it tasted and the ladies were disappointed with their salmon salads. My chicken was very good. Service was very good but considering the cost was almost $100 a couple it was a poor value and disappointing experience.
- Very nice but expensiveTigerDined on 11/3/2014I have been to your Christopher's a few times and I love the whole experience is great but the wine is outrageously expensive so I don't go more often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your web page won't accept address?SeaBassDined on 11/1/2014The truth of the matter is the cost of the food did not rate with the prepared food. I had sea bass and when it came out the first time it was not cooked completely except on the edges. That tells me that no one is checking the plates prior to leaving the kitchen. Our waiter try to defuse the issue by taking it back to the chef and commented that the chef would come by and chat with us, Of course that never happen. I've been told the Christopher's was a great place for dining, not my experience When I left Christopher, was chatting at the Bar with customers and didn't have any words for us. I think that your place is way to expensive for the quality of the food produced 1n your kitchen. Ranordquis@sundt.com Randy Nordquist
- Excellent food, reasonable priceFilipinoFoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014I admit it: I have a horrible bias against any restaurant located in a mall. I assume that all mall restaurants are either a franchise of some awful chain or some restaurant corporation's lowest common denominator cuisine. Well, I couldn't be more wrong about Christopher's located in the Biltmore Fashion Park Mall. Everything I had was great: lobster bisque, duck confit salad, lobster pot pie, and a vanilla soufflé for dessert. The prices are most reasonable, and there's even a happy hour from 3-6 pm. Best of all, everything I had was real food, that is, food made from scratch (nothing frozen, out of a jar, can, or plastic bag) from fresh ingredients. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- love fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014We had an office party/lunch (5 people). There were a couple members of the group with special dietary needs--and no problem. The food was awesome. The service was first class. Everything about the restaurant exuded quality. And, the prices were in line. I have been back for the happy hour--which was also great.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceRodAVIPDined on 10/20/2014We were visiting Phoenix and found Christopher's on Open Table. Great food and service. Wish we were staying longer so we could eat here again.
- Christopher's at the BiltmorepaticosDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I went for a nice relax dinner, and that is exactly what we got. There was no pressure to hury and order. the waiter was very proffesional and helpful. food was just what we expect and very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is in a shopping center ?LuvtoeatVIPDined on 10/16/2014Don't let the fact that this is in a shopping center deter you from eating there. It is fine dinning in a convenient spot. Great food, elegant setting, extensive wine list .... I would definately return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAnnhVIPDined on 10/16/2014Took a friend there for her birthday. The food was excellent. We both had the duck two way and shared the sautéed spinach. When we ask about some unfamiliar wines the waitress was quick to bring us a sample She also brought my friend a dessert for her birthday when we mentioned that she was celebrating it that day. All in all a very good experience.Special Features:
- A favoriterixrevsVIPDined on 10/11/2014Christopher's is always a favorite! You can depend on the food being delicious and service impeccable.Special Features:
- superbjlvlawDined on 10/10/2014Truly a fantastic dining experience. This restaurant consistently delivers exceptional food and service. The tasting menu and wine pairing was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealValleygirlDined on 9/27/2014Dinner was very pleasant. However, I did not really care for sitting at a hightop table, and the wine pours were a bit short.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & ServiceJAL4134VIPDined on 9/26/2014The good was amazing. Our waiter Greg was awesome! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Christopher's overreachesBobbyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Tempted by what sounded like an elaborately and imaginatively conceived menu, I decided to take Food Week as an occasion to sample Christopher's menu. Much like other French-themed restaurants in Arizona, the delivery falls short of the promise. What sounded great on paper ended up being just adequate in execution. Clearly, the chef was more ambitious than his kitchen could deliver and overreached in his menu. The wine selection was reasonable, although containing somewhat peculiar items; but the wine pairing I received with my meal can only be described as unorthodox, to be charitable. In sum, the cost of dining at Christopher's is by no means justified by the experience. I would advise true foodies to spend their money elsewhere.Special Features:
- THE BEST!kardmaDined on 9/23/2014Always my favorite restaurant. Quiet, delicious, impeccable service and magic food.Special Features:
- Not as expectedLetseatDined on 9/22/2014As Christopers has been a phoenix staple for many years, there is a certain cache and following. However, for me a bit overrated. It was pleasant, not memorable. My Sole on the restaurant week menu had no thing to recommend it. No deep or delicate flavors, lobster sauce was ineffective. Left half and ate the asparagus. Husbands steak frites was good, sweet potatoes especially. Lemon dessert rather hohum. Sorry it wasn't better.Special Features:
- Consistently good.FoodieGuyVIPDined on 9/22/2014I brought a group here for a business lunch, and as usual, the food and service were spot on. I really like this place. I'm surprised it isn't busier, but I think people don't notice it due to its back-of-the-shopping center location.Special Features:
- Food disappointingoldfoodiesDined on 9/21/2014The ambiance and service were wonderful!! The food was disappointing, at best. Even the salt shaker didn't help!Special Features:
- outstanding service, food lackingChrisWDined on 9/20/2014We ordered from the Arizona Restaurant Week menu. This was $44 for a 3 course meal, +$20 wine pairing. Excellent service - the food however was frankly lack luster for the price and the wine pairings were odd (a syrupy desert wine with opening course of fois gras patte?)
- good-looking wait stafflunchconnoisseursDined on 9/16/2014the guys who waited on us were knowledgeable and personable, but left us sitting for 20 minutes before they took a drink order, let alone a food order. They seem to be sure they will not be fired no matter how they treat the customer. They did not spoil the lunch for us; but it would have been a little more appealing if they were a little more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/10/2014Great food and friendly service and extensive wine list. Very cozy interior (we had the inside room). Strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Christopher's restaurant!!jleeDined on 9/10/2014Christopher's is a wonderful mainstay in Phoenix. We are always pleased with the wonderful food selections and the excellent staff. I know Christopher through a good friend in Phoenix but regardless, the service and food are always consistently great and I love coming here! You are a class act, Christopher and your restaurant continues to show that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 9/6/2014I love the bar here..I just wish they could attract more people..maybe market it more. The restaurant is always great..very consistant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christopher's "crushed" it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Great! From the reservation to the comfortable booth, Jose the fabulous waiter, to the food and wine, all great ! Had the mussels w chorizo for an app, then the duck and the smoked truffle filet. Yum! Had the cava btg and a bottle of Ken Wright Pinot from Oregon. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth A TripPaulRDined on 8/15/2014From the enthusiastic welcome, to the excellent service of the waiter (Julio), the wonderful food and wine list is exactly what you would expect from a restaurant of this quality. Add the graciousness of Chef Christopher and you have a marvelous evening. I only hope I have enough time to eat my way through the entire menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Restaurant1MisterBDined on 8/12/2014One of my favorite restaurant in Phoenix. Christopher Gross and his staff have raised the for food and service expectations. This place isa must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MaryVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food in this place was AMAZING! Some of the menu items seemed like strange combinations of foods, but when we tasted them they were surprisingly great! It was a nice quiet place for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early Sunday lunchPHXdinerDined on 8/9/2014We had a great experience! Food was really good and our waiter, Jose, was amazing. Everyone enjoyed lunch, and we had a group of twelve, so we covered a good portion of the menu. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 552 reviews are from the Christopher's Restaurant/Crush Lounge reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceCarolYDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had the chef's "Tasting Menu" and we asked our waiter not to check what was included, so each course was a surprise. And wonderful surprises they were: frogs' legs, duck, and a splendid piece of rib eye steak were the 3 I remember. There were 5 in all and we got to choose #6, our dessert. Every course was a winner and brought to the table promptly, but with just the right amount of pauses between courses. Chef Christopher visited each table, which always impresses me. This is a great special occasion restaurant, although I won't wait for a special occasion to revisit!Special Features:
- Horrible servicePirruVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was the third time we have been to this restaurant and we are very disappointed with service and food. My wife all the times has always ordered the Lobster special and this time it was just bad. We mention to the waiter that lobster taisted weird and he didn't offer to do anything. He just had poor service and attitude.
- We love eating at Christopher'sPhxdinerDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten here several times now, and found that the food is always impressive. Happy hour (3 to 6 daily) is really a great bargain, including the best hamburger in Phoenix. The Christopher Gross touch is always evident in each dish, and our servers have been excellent. We have particularly enjoyed the scallops, hanger steak, tempura calamari, wild mushroom soup with foie gras, mini-ravioli, risotto, and lemon tart. if you can sit at the counter and watch the meal being prepared, that can be fun and educational, too. It can get a little pricey to get all this excellent food, so we can't justify eating here every week. It's great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLandSharkVIPDined on 6/24/2014Christopher does a fantastic job in the kitchen and has delivered for us again - duck confit, foie gras sous vide, simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014The drinks were phenomenal, our waiter was fantastic, but the food overall was quite disappointing.Special Features:
- Choose this restaurant FIRST....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014You cannot do better than eat "with" Christopher.....he is a superb chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but you really pay for itScottieDined on 5/29/2014The atmosphere is plain and simple, but done nicely. Service was very good (especially the water re-fillers and the bread re-stockers). I was a bit surprised by the prices - this is definitely a high-end price range restaurant, and I'm not sure it warrants it. Entrees and sides are all ala carte, so the bill rings up fast. I feel if the prices were about 25-35% lower, it would be a very nice place to eat for the price. For this kind of price and level of service, there are other nicer places to dine. I enjoyed the evening, just not the total bill...especially the cocktail prices.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Sucessbh325Dined on 5/25/2014We chose Christopher's to finish off the Spring Restaurant week. It was the best finish we could have chosen based on previous years. The staff was very attentive when we wanted them to be and unobtrusive the rest of the time. The food was very good and excellently presented.Special Features:
- Restaurant week valueDavidVIPDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I went here for restaurant week. We had the wine paired dinner, which was actually quite expensive considering the small portion sizes, and the tiny wine pours. All in all the dinner was good, but the service was quite lacking. I had to ask for lemon or lime for the water 3 times. My main course came, but I did not have a fork. I almost took a fork from an empty table, but finally the waiter came by and got me a fork. The waiter almost poured the wrong wine with the first course. There is just a general lack of supervision at this restaurant which is unfortunate considering the price and the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRobear46Dined on 5/22/2014We tried this place during restaurant week and had a wonderful meal. The service and staff was excellent and provided terrific recommendations. We felt our fillet of sole was a bit bland, but the apps and deserts were top notch. Finding the place is tricky as it on the back side of the shopping center facing the parking lot. Plenty of parking in the back area.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceLee123VIPDined on 5/21/2014Went to Christopher's for the first time! This will definitely not be my last time, the ambience and the service were superb, but the main attraction was the food! Everything was absolutely delicious! The roasted red pepper soup, the truffle infused filet, the scallops were all perfectly cooked! We sat at the counter overlooking the cooking station and got to watch our meal being prepared. Enjoyed the experience very much!Special Features:
- wonderful French ExperinceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2014The Food was wonderful but service was less to be desiredSpecial Features: