Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich
10 Livingston Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theheldrich.com/
- Phone: 7322142200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Csikos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater to all Private Events from Weddings, Bar Mitzvah, Birthday, & Corporate Meetings. All events are tailored to your budget.
- Entertainment: For our patrons who enjoy the performing arts, we are located across the street from the State Theater and offer a specialized Pre-Theater menu for their convenience. Enjoy the atmosphere of our spacious bar with signature cocktails while listening to the changing focuses of our music. Happy hour specials from 4:30pm to 7:00pm Enjoy appertizers & Drinks For Just $5.00 Duck spring rolls Peanut dipping sauce Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas Spicy salsa Coconut Breaded Shrimp with Sweet chili Sauce Hot Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Crostini We Offer Seasonal Specialty Cocktails as well as a large list of wines, beers, & spirits EVERY MONDAY ½ PRICE BURGERS. EVERY Wednesday ½ PRICE BOTTLES OF WINE WITH A PURCHASE OF DINNER
- Special Events: Let Christopher's Restaurant and The Heldrich Hotel handle any of your special events. We can customize our space to any occassion and will handle all the details!
A word from Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich
Enjoy all-day dining at Christopher's The Heldrich’s casually sophisticated restaurant & Lounge. Serving freshly prepared specialties to delight the discriminating palate. The trendy metropolitan bar is a welcome haven for savvy cocktails, beverages & spirited conversation. The cuisine & ambiance of The Heldrich are destined to be a favorite of locals & guests alike. Check out our website and Facebook page for updated Special events and packages with the hotel!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nothing special about this placeRobertoVIPDined on 9/14/2012Nothing special about this place. When I arrived, they didn't have a record of my reservation. When the hostess escorted us to an area full of empty tables, I asked if we could sit at a two top along the wall. She said no, she thought one of her bosses would be sitting at that table. Strange place; clearly not customer centric.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012I went for the "famous" burger that was rated one of the best in New Jersey, but was disappointed by it. The restaurant was completely empty at 6:30pm and the ambiance was bland and boring. Not what I expected at all, especially for the prices they charge for their food.
- Great cocktails! I orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2012Great cocktails! I ordered the salmon, great presentation of the dish but the salmon was a bit salty, you could actually grind the salt that was spread across the salmon. Ambience was great, and the waiter was super!.Special Features:
- Nice place in NB Theater ronRachelDined on 7/14/2012We went during New Brunswick Restaurant Week (who knew???) and ordered off the Prix Fixe menu - as there were three of us, one had the salmon, one had the chicken, and one had the vegetarian pasta. All 3 meals were delicious, fresh and light. Desert was really good too. The service was very solicitous. Would definitely go here again.Special Features:
- We haven eaten here oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2012We haven eaten here often and always have a good time.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012This was our first time at Christopher's. The food was delicious and the service was very good.Special Features:
- The food preparation timeGabeDined on 6/20/2012The food preparation time was too long. It took 25 minutes from ordering two appetizers until the food was brought to the table.Special Features:
- It was okay. I made reservationsCEFoodieDined on 5/13/2012It was okay. I made reservations for Mother's day for a sit down dinner based on their website only to find out they were only serving buffet all day. I was called the night before and notified of this.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2012Party of eight had lovely graduation celebration at the restaurant.Special Features:
- We had show tickets at theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012We had show tickets at the theater across the street and got caught in some traffic getting there. The wait staff did an excellent job of getting us served, including cocktails, with plenty of time to get to the show in time to be comfortable. Good food well presented and an attentive waitstaff.
- We were here for dinner beforeRayRVIPDined on 5/8/2012We were here for dinner before going to George Street Playhouse so had an early reservation. When we arrived there was only one other table occupied so service should have been good, but we had to wait almost ten minutes for a server to come over and ask if we wanted anything from the bar. Then it was another ten before bread was brought to the table. After that service was good but suffered again near the end of the meal when the restaurant filled up with what I guessed to be people staying at the hotel and attending meetings because they all came in together. I would return again to because on the whole it was a good experience, not rushed and the food was good, but on the expensive side.Special Features:
- When we made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012When we made reservations for our anniversary, the latest time we could get was 6:15 PM, which we took to be a marker of how busy the restaurant was. As it turned out, we were the only people eating in the restaurant during the whole time that we were there, so I don't understand why we weren't able to get a time more to our liking. Most of our dishes were not very flavorful, and although I ordered a filet mignon medium rare, it came out well done. We also has issues trying to follow up with the restaurant the following day for another issue.
- Very limited menu of basicOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/6/2012Very limited menu of basic food. Nothing special about the restaurant at all.
- We had a great time, the serviceJackieDined on 3/31/2012We had a great time, the service and food was excellent.Special Features:
- It was very convenient toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012It was very convenient to the theater across the street. I would like the side dish to be included with the entree rather be charged extra. Although I did like the ability to choose from multiple side dishes according to my tastes. A salad that comes with the entree would be appreciated. Dessert was very good. All in all a very nice experience and I plan to come again when the time warrants my being in that area.Special Features:
- I recently had dinner on aMajqueen53Dined on 2/13/2012I recently had dinner on a monday night at Christophers with old college friends. The waitress was very attentive and friendly. The restaurant was quiet and the decor was very pleasant. The only negative of the night was our disappointment with the Short Rib burger which won best burger of NJ. Truthfully there was nothing special about this over priced burger. Stick to other items on the menu.Special Features:
- We chose Christopher's forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2012We chose Christopher's for lunch before going to George St Playhouse. They offered a buffet or a la carte dining. The buffet presentation wss enticing, so we all ordered that. However, the quality of the food was disappointing The best part of lunch was the cappucciano which was included as your beverage and the restaurant's location was directly across from the theater.
- DisappointmentBertVIPDined on 1/16/2012There was only one waitress for the entire dining room and the tables were squashed together to obviously make it easier for this one waitress to get to everyone. The food was not served in a timely manner and you only had the option of a pre-theatre menu even though you might have preferred choosing from a regular menu. We did have to get to a theatre at 7:30 and still hadn't received our check by that time so we just left what we thought we owed on the table and left. The hostess was clearing tables. I asked her to stop clearing the tables and get our check since we requested it more than once. The noise level was extremely loud and made for difficult conversation.
- We will not return again.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2012Last year, we ate here prio to every show in our theatre series. It was a good and reasonable prix fixe menu and across from theatre, so very convenient. This time, first night of season--not enough servers, food came out slow and spotty (others had ordered after us and received before us) Prixe fixe went up in price and value was not nearly worth it. No bill ever presented, tho' we tried to find someone, so we left on table, estimating tax plus tip for a very lovely young woman server, who tried very hard, but kitchen was slow. Others around us were similarly displeased. We will not return again.
- Nice layout - bar/lounge onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012Nice layout - bar/lounge on one side and restaurant on the other with no overlap. Very friendly staff, seamless service, excellent appetizers (my wife had two in place of an entree), very tasty entrees (both my son and I had the salmon and split a side of asparagus). All food items were carefully prepared and were served hot and in a timely manner. I look forward to visiting again.Special Features:
- I have not had worse service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011I have not had worse service. The place was only half full and it took over 30 minutes to even get a glass of water. When my steak was brought out they did not bring a knife and after 15 minutes of trying to flag someone down, and while my food got cold, the waitress told me they were "out of steak knives". Truly the worst service I have ever had. The only redeeming factor was the dessert, even though the waitress took our plates too early and was trying to rush us out the door, even though it was not busy. All in all, I will never go back.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2011The food was excellent from the bread all the way to the chocolate lava cake. We asked for a different sauce and potatoes and were cheerfully accommodated. It is a nice place for a special dinner where you want everything to be high quality.Special Features:
- The lunch menu was limitedNJfoodgirl27Dined on 12/2/2011The lunch menu was limited and the food was mediocre at best. Our server, while trying hard, didn't speak English very well and had limited knowledge of food and wine. We were quite disappointed.
- This was the fourth timeweOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011This was the fourth timewe visited the restaurant hoping that it had changed. However, we were more disappointed. The Service was extremely slow even though we informed the staff that we had tickets to the theater and the last time we had to rush our dinner and could not enjoy dessert. Saturday night was no exception even though the restaurant was empty except for 3 or 4 tables. I think allowing 2 hours to dine is more than sufficient. Soup and main course were luke warm but did not want to send it back because of the time.
- Great dining experience!PaqiDined on 10/21/2011What a terrific meal! Two of us had the rib eye steak, and one had the lamb shank. The food was plentiful and delicious, cooked to order and presented with flavorful and interesting sides. The service was attentive and accommodating. This is our second time there, and we will be back often!Special Features:
- Service was extremely slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011Service was extremely slow even though the restaurant was nearly empty. Had a limited menu and volume of food was minimal. Convenient to State Theater.Special Features:
- Made subsitutions on the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2011Made subsitutions on the menu without leting us know. The service was slow and the place was empty..... We told them we had tickets for a show and still the service was slow.
- food not equal to high prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2011food not equal to high prices. great location. nice ambiance.
- We did not experience theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/18/2011We did not experience the restaurant because it was closed. Our reservation was moved to a lounge area with which we were not happy. The food was good but the decor and ambiance in the lounge were not to our liking.
- Decent place, but that's aboutEatw1gusto1VIPDined on 5/28/2011Decent place, but that's about it. The food was good, but not great. The pricing deserves better. Also, the service was spotty. It's a good place to go if you are going to one of the nerby theaters, but don't expect a great meal.
- Our experience was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2011Our experience was wonderful. Your serves were excellent. We were there for breakfast and lunch on the 28th and they couldn't be nicer. We had been there several times for occasions and were not happy with the buffet. This time the choices were good and the food was excellent. The only problem I thought the food was a little too spicySpecial Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2011Dinner was very nicely prepared. The soups were hot and quite good. The waiter provided some good suggestions for dining choices. Nice dining area with a view of the three theatres on the street. Late night bar food was good. The breakfast buffet was also very nice with a very large assortment of fruit, pastries and eggs. Juice was a large glass, that is so nice to have in the morning. Coffee was abundant.The service was very good and the waiters were attentive.
- The hotel and the bar nextOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2011The hotel and the bar next door are wonderful, but the service at the restraunt is absolutely miserable. The food isn't anything special either. After graduation I wanted to go their with my family. It took 4 phone calls and 4 voicemails over a period of 4 weeks for them to call me back to confirm the reservation! The reservation was for 9 o'clock, but they were sure to remind me repeatedly that they closed at 10:30, implying that I was imposing on them. Finally, the day of, we get there and just drinks, appetizers, and dessert, all at once because some of the group had to go early. It took half an hour to get drinks and over an hour to get everything else. This place is pitiful. I would never recomend this place.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011This was Mother Day brunch. Buffet style. The waiter was not around to refill coffee. I had one glass of water the entire time because the waiter was so unattentive as to not refill my empty glass. Finally refills our coffees, but does not bring more milk, and walks off somewhere. Didn't clear plates. Had gratuity automatically added to the bill. I am a waitress/bartender, and I would never be so unattentive to people who are paying to be out and to be waited on properly. Maybe if gratuity wasn't added on automatically, he would've worked harder for his tip. Needless to say, I would never go back for poor service. There are too many other restaurants to choose from, that care about their guests.
- Seared tuna was overdone,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2011Seared tuna was overdone, hardly pink. Food was so-so. High ceiling makes atmosphere less than romantic. Great martini. Bread like a soft pretzel and very good. I would probably not go back
- The restaurant was superb,MouseyDined on 5/1/2011The restaurant was superb, and the food was excellent. The entrees where delicious, different, and unique. The restaurant touted its burger as being a winner in a burger cook-off but one member of our party, a self-proclaimed burger expert, though the burger tasty but not "Award Winning" quality. We would definitely recommend the restaurant to friends, especially before a show at the State Theater or at George Street Playhouse.Special Features:
- The waitress who waited onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2011The waitress who waited on us was most graceful and very professional. I would DEFINITELY come back again. My friend and I ordered the Hanger Steak Sandwich, and it was to die for! Thanks so much for a wonderful experience. Kindly, ARSpecial Features:
- I had a very quiet dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/21/2011I had a very quiet dinner with my boyfriend, aside from the fact that he knocked over his water glass! The meal wasn't very memorable, but the service was very nice and the ambiance is lovely for a family dinner or an event since it is in a lovely hotel. It's basically your standard hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- The reception staff is veryshootingstarbeautyVIPDined on 4/17/2011The reception staff is very disorganized. They called to tell us that the buffet would be closing at 11 a.m. When I called back, I spoke with someone else and she said it wouldn't be closing 'til noon. Then when I arrived at the restaurant, the same woman who called me still thought that the buffet was closing early. Turns out it wasn't closing early, no one knows what's happening up at the front desk. To top it off, we didn't even get menus when we sat down.
- Made a reservation at Christopher'sBuckleup2Dined on 4/16/2011Made a reservation at Christopher's to celebrate an anniversary dinner. Food was okay, but probably wouldn't choose Christopher's as our dining spot again. Ordered a bottle of the International Red Australia, but the bottle was out of stock. Server brought out another choice that was very good.Special Features: